Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]

Mon May 08, 2023 7:33 pm
Lukas Ätherisch

THE CITY OF LIGHT
---

Lukas shrugged at Ehefra's plainly visible confusion. "Like I said, long time ago. Might even pre-date ginto, but my history..." A hand raised to rock side to side, palm faced towards the ground. "...so so."

As she continued, Lukas' eyes dimmed. The existence of Garganta was something he had vaguely been taught, a portal to Hueco Mundo. A way for the filthy creatures to hide and populate themselves away from prying eyes. Between realms, though? The fuck am I supposed to do with that?

"Yeah, I was there." his voice turned flat, a resounding sigh as he crossed his arms. "Call it desperate if you want, but we aren't really prepared for anything like that." The last word strained against Lukas' voice, heavy with importance. "So I'll scrape whatever barrel I have to."

Ehefra's last question was less easily answered, an immediate surprise in reaction as he took a step backwards. Lukas' gaze turned to her various monitors, nodding slowly in confirmation. "I've been in the Vandenreich for 12 years now. Things are definitely... Different, from what I remember, if that's what you're asking."

184 words | | what she wanna know tho

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]

Fri May 12, 2023 7:20 pm
Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 HEADER2_sample-75b629b79df6a81c4ca3d613108cc0a8

Ehefra raised a brow at that and snorted. Nodding a little as she folded her legs and leaned back into her seat. "Nobody is. Your sense of danger is being inflated. The world is full of danger Luke. Shinigami. Arrancar. Even stronger hollows are more common these days. At any point an arrancar could show up. Or two." They would both be aware of the attack on the Holy Roman Empire after all. "Or the ground could suddenly give out beneath this whole island and we could find ourselves in a put full of monstrous hollows. I was on the beach when some psycho almost killed me. If I hadn't glassed the beach, I'd probably be dead. OR tied up in some deranged dungion in that weirdo's basement." She murmured tiredly.

"But danger is no excuse for desperation. The threat of Kurosaki or some other threat rearing it's head isn't going anywehere. Not has it been absent, merely less likely than usual for some time. Your sense of peril is inflated because you, anecdotally, were a part of the attack. The threat is more real to you, because you lived through it. Training is fine. Preparation is fine. But this? Is not productive." She noted, gesturing up and down toward the man as she rose up to her feet.

A pause as she raised her brows at his explanation. Twelve years? Certainly a lot longer than she'd been aware the Vandenreich had been around back in the day. But well, she'd certainly learned a lot about how it had survived in the shadows. "Hm. Not me. I've been a quincy since I was ...what....Sixteen? But I never learned any of that pride stuff. Quincy powers was just something cool that my aunt knew and I wanted to learn for myself. And it made my dad super upset." She paused and looked toward Lukas again. "What about you? Have you always been a quincy? Or did you learn into it?"
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:26 pm
Lukas Ätherisch

THE CITY OF LIGHT
---

His eyes would stay facing the screens, Ehefra's speech resting for a small moment as it travelled between ears. A faint memory he might look at later, but for now it would sit like a dead animal. Ignored, on the side of a road.

As she wandered to a topic that Lukas was more comfortable with, his shoulders visibly relaxed, gaze flicking back to the woman. "My family has been Quincy for the past... Three hundred, maybe four hundred years." His fingers flicking into the air as he attempted to recall what had been drilled into him years ago.

"I think so. At least, that's what we have recorded? Anything before that the family tree gets... Really hard to follow." Dropping his arms, a short sigh pulled from his chest. "But I guess most Quincy records dry up around the genocide. Hard to keep track of things when you're dead."

150 words | | history time

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:42 pm
Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 HEADER2_sample-75b629b79df6a81c4ca3d613108cc0a8

Huh, well that was a more contemplative silence than she had actually expected. She had presumed some indignant retort, but she supposed that didn't necessarily mean that something wasn't cooking. Or that her words weren't just going out the other ear. Time would tell.

"Quite the lineage. I thought Quincy seemed cool, my father thought that it was a bad idea. And uh... in a fit of rebellion, I learned anyway. So ...I admit, seeing Quincyism as a culture feels a little...odd. I kinda just...learned to be one. Without any of that pride stuff. It's just a methodology to me." She admitted, leaning back in her seat before reaching up and rubbing her eyelids.

"IN any case. IF you really want to work on getting stronger? I CAN help you if you're wanting something like that." She pointed out, standing up and walking around her desk to rummage around, fishing through a box before standing back up and holding up a slim silver bracelet, resting it on the counter.
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:28 pm
Lukas Ätherisch

THE CITY OF LIGHT
---

"'Acknowledging one without the other is a weakness'. That's a quote from some asshole I killed, but, I think he was right." Lifting his leiden hant, Lukas turned to stare at the quincy cross on the back of his forearm. "Some part of my pride has been my greatest strength. The methodology would've killed me if it were all I had."

Half mumbled, half aloud, it was a wonder whether he was talking to the woman or himself. Silver eyes would linger for a moment longer, tracing the cross time and time again.

Snapping out of it, Lukas' attention turned back to Ehefra as she moved to produce a bracelet.

Eyebrows moving to knot his forehead, his regard for the jewelry was that of initial bafflement. "And that's supposed to be?"

131 words | | 'some asshole I killed' for 300, trebek

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:42 pm

Ehefra raised a brow slightly at that particular sentiment. What, that the methodology without the culture of quincyism was a weakness? She couldn't imagine anything she was less interested in. "That's a lie. The soul responds to drive and willpower. Both of which are independent of your culture. Now I will concede it probably felt as much. But given the type of guy you are, I am fairly certainy that without your culture, you'd have found some other means of getting to where you currently are. It's easy to arbitrarily assign some contribution to why you're here. But that's a debate for another time." She made her way over to the nearest console and pulled up a screen.

"Well it's certainly not a friendship bracelet. This is just one of the models I've been working with. It's mainly a sensory. You wear it. It scans you and the flow of spirit energy going through and around your body. When you fight, you naturally adjust the flow of this energy. Augmenting yourself in ways both big and small. Your focus, your potency. And of course, the general patterns and expressions which ultimately produce your abilities. By analyzing and breaking down these patterns. We can gather information about weaknesses and means of improvement. It's how I retrofitted my Vollstandig." She noted with a calm smile as she turned and regarded the quincy.

"Information is an important part of training." She noted calmly enough, before promptly stepping to the side, and smiling as a holographic display showed up on the screen. Showing off a silhouette of one of the Vasto that had been involved in the africa Incident. The Vasro Lorde Liltotto had fought."[/color] And of course. Information about enemies you fight also isn't bad to have on hand."[/color]
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:57 pm
Lukas Ätherisch

THE CITY OF LIGHT
---

"Hmm." The quincy nodded towards the screen, also not particularly excited to continue in more theological debates. It generally ended badly, he found. "So a big database, huh? What kind of clearance paperwork would I have to do to get one of those?"

Sometimes it felt like Lukas knew fewer things about the Vandenreich day by day, but one thing was constant; paperwork.

"Because I don't know if I've got the swing for a lot, right now."

77 words | | micro-posting

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:50 pm

Ehefra snorted softly at that and put on a sly smirk. "None so far as you're concerned. This is mostly just going to be collecting information about you. I'll be getting in contact with your Boss. Now you being in the Tod does make things a bit more complicated. I'm sure they're going to want access to any data collected. What with the lot of you doing sensitive missions. But that would only be if you wanted to wear the thing 24/7. Much more likely, I would have you perform exercises and combat scenarios. Or wear it when training and sparring rather than out in the field since you aren't a ritter. We'll see. But in either case, we'll be getting the data we're looking for." She stated calmly enough, turning off the display and then cracking her knuckles with a slight curl of her fingers.

"So don't worry your little head about it too much. I'm sure you've had plenty of tape in your life. But I'll do all the heavy lifting on this end of things. After all, the data will be a benefit to my department as well."
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:08 pm
Lukas Ätherisch

THE CITY OF LIGHT
---

Lukas' eyes would narrow at her last words, unsure of how to respond. Unsure if he should go through with it.
Not much time was wasted on the thought, shrugging it off with a shake of the head. After all, what did he have to lose?

"Alright, yeah, I get you." Extending his palm forward, he'd motion to take the bracelet. "I'll wear it whenever we're doing an operation, assuming you can get me one that doesn't have any reflective surface." The quincy gestured vaguely with his opposite hand.

"Not very useful for my line of work, otherwise."

96 words | | read to close it out

Last edited by Snake on Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:01 pm
Progression Versus Tradition [Ehefra/Lukas]  - Page 2 HEADER_E7394dXVIAIlaKk

Snort.
She couldn't help but smile a little at his prompt reply and the hand held out for the object. "You're Todgestalten, remember? As fun as it would be to have someone up my asshole about why I gave you a recording device to take on your missions. As I told you, I'll be getting in contact with someone from your department for authorization first. Once that's all squared away and if we're all green then I'll be sure to send you one in black and without reflective surfaces." She assured him with a lopsided smirk. Certainly entertained at his eagerness, but still pumping the breaks on the situation. She'd have to go speak with the Director. Mr. Grey if she remembered correctly. That should be a fun conversation.

"Anywho, until then, if you feel you want to wear the bracelet for some standard testing. Feel free to book an appointment for the training area and We'll get you hooked up for some exercises or something. Till then, keep doing what you're doing, Atherisch."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum