Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] Left_bar_bleue24000/10000Why Me? [HIME] Empty_bar_bleue  (24000/10000)
Tiers:

Why Me? [HIME] Empty Why Me? [HIME]

Thu May 25, 2023 12:18 am

Just a Boy

Aidan did not like being out in the outskirts of Karakura like this, especially a neighborhood so barren like this, but he was a man of his word and one of his longest time friends was unfortunately obliged to live out here. That meant even though he promised to help said friend many months ago, now that they were out here he didn't have much choice. But he was never one to abandon a friend, even if it meant his life may or may not be in danger at any given moment.

And with a heavy slam that came from behind him, one that shook the earth, he realized that said moment was now.

He got maybe a single moment to turn around and glimpse at what had made the noise, and in that moment his instincts told him to duck. Thankfully that meant a swipe at his head had missed completely. Upon seeing the scythe-like appendages the creature was endowed with, as well as the pale white mask the beast had, the boy's eyes widened in shock. He didn't get a moment to be surprised before the Hollow that was attacking him roared and sent him scrambling back to his feet. The next thing he knew he was sprinting down the street in a frenzied panic, nearly stumbling over himself several times in his fright, looking for the nearest entry back through the dome into Karakura proper. Part of him felt blessed for his years in track, and also for the fact this thing was clearly lumbering and slow, but without help, however, he didn't know if he would actually make it. Back there in time. Still, the boy did his best to head straight down the street while the beast trampled over everything from cars to street lamps, to anything else lying in the streets, all in an attempt to catch this one normal looking boy.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Me? [HIME] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Why Me? [HIME] Empty Re: Why Me? [HIME]

Thu May 25, 2023 12:46 am
Why Me? [HIME] HEADER_FUALxkPaQAEu6j5

NATASHA MILLER | HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER

The outskirts of Karakura was never a desirable location nowadays, much less something Natasha herself would choose with voluntary enthusiasm. Even so, when duty called, any of those factors were rendered meaningless. It was always cause for action. Today was no difference. Like a true iron-hearted soldier, Natasha was one of the first responders on the scene. Overlooking Karakura for any irregularities, she sent several of her soldat out to survey the area. A report was sent directly to her phone, setting her into action as platforms of reishi pooled around her feet, speeding her body forward through the high-speed boon granted by Hirenkyaku.

Within seconds, Natasha was darting through the area in hot pursuit, locking onto the hollow that was lumbering in it's own pursuit of the young man desperately running for his life. No moment was spared biding her time as she acted immediately.

Two pistols materialized within the palm of her hands. Azure reishi blossoming and forming into a solid state. Targeting the hollow from behind, Natasha loaded a successive array of ammunition in preparation for an overwhelming attack. Whether or not it was feasible, she desired to bring this wild bull of a hollow down in one go.

In the blink of an eye, a large volley of numerous bullet-shaped heilig pfeil were fired off in rapid succession at the hollow's back, each more potent than the last. Speeding past it, Natasha landed in front of Aidan as she twirled her guns around, assessing the current situation. If that attack didn't work, she'd have to bring out somethin' more. But if it did... and the beast was felled properly? Well, she'd turn around and grin at Aidan with a wink, giving the young man a thumbs up.

"Sorry I'm late, sweetheart. You ain't hurt or nothin' are ya'?"

END POST | ALL IS WELL, SAFELY REST

Last edited by Iori on Thu May 25, 2023 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] Left_bar_bleue24000/10000Why Me? [HIME] Empty_bar_bleue  (24000/10000)
Tiers:

Thu May 25, 2023 1:27 am

Just a Boy

Aidan in his shape wasn't having much trouble running, it was also seeing the attacks in his peripherals as they came swinging towards him. Having to duck, roll, and then get back up and keep running while occasionally throwing looks over his shoulder was not easy. But still, he was a runner, and with the mystical power of adrenaline coursing through his every fiber, he somehow made it pretty damn close to Karakura proper before something else decided it was going to happen.

Aidan didn't get to see the full force of the attack that saved him, instead spinning around as the beast roared in pain to see it collapse in front of him. Once again tripping, this time from turning himself around so suddenly like a dumbass, Aidan stared from his position on his ass at the defeated Hollow as its flesh sizzled from the impact of so many high speed reishi bullets. "W-Wha-... What the fuck?" Was the only thing he could manage to eek out in his shocked state.

A woman, texan by the sounds of it, stood above him asking him if he was alright, and all Aidan could do was slowly look up at her and stare. She was his... savior? It took him a moment in his daze to realize that he was just staring, and once he did he shot up onto his feet like a speeding bullet. Brushing himself off with a nervous grin and a, "Yeah, yeah I'm fine.", he looked up at the woman in awe like he couldn't believe what had just happened in the span of just a few minutes.

And then the Hollow sprung to life again, roaring as it lifted itself off the ground and lashed out at both Natasha and Aidan. He had caught the twitches of its body, its mask still intact after having only been hit from behind, and as a result was barely able to shout "Look out!" as the beast brought down both of its arms upon them with enough force to cut through solid metal, let alone two fleshy humans.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 25, 2023 7:30 am
Why Me? [HIME] HEADER_FUALxkPaQAEu6j5

What do you know? Much like a wild bull charging headfirst at a matador's cape, the hollow proved equally difficult to take down with a volley of numerous shots. Aidan had instructed her to watch out, but her otherworldly focus allowed her to react within the space of a single movement. In an unperturbed sequence of motion, her body seamlessly shifted around, her palms shooting outward to grab those lumbering hands that sought to earn purchase against them.

Grunting softly, Natasha activated the offensive system of her blut, increasing her physical strength to push the beast backward with her bare hands. Whether or not that counter proved successful, Natasha would shoot forward, drawing her fist back as though she were playing a game of rock-paper-scissors, generating reishi around her hand as she punched directly against the hollow's mask, aiming to finish it all with one decisive strike. Surely, with both her physical strength and the physical boon, this hollow would be felled proper, and she could host a proper conversation with the gentleman fearing for his own life. Landing down again, she'd keep her eyes peeled as she slowly shifted her gaze back to Aidan.

"Christ! That pesky son of a gun sure ain't tryin' to go down easy is it, huh? Stay back, sweetheart. I want to make sure this bastard won't be causin' us any trouble round these parts anymore."

The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 25, 2023 8:30 am

Just a Boy

The words didn't even finish leaving his mouth before the woman dealt with the Hollow again. It all happened in such a fantastical blur that he barely kept up with it all... and yet the sight was burned into his mind. The way she simply caught the blades of the creature's scythe-hands, pushed a creature several times her size back, and then finished it off in one punch. The Hollow reeled back as its mask shattered and its skull burst from the force of the impact, its body beginning to fade into nothing as it crashed back into the ground. It lay there limply until there was nothing left, and Aidan could only stare in awe.

"Wh-... How??" Was the only thing he could manage to speak, and he seemed more shocked and curious than actually afraid; something he'd get to come to terms with later. Right now he was focused on Natasha and the way she had just single handedly disposed of a creature that he'd heard rumors of eating townspeople for fun. "I mean, I've heard of people who could do all sorts of crazy stuff but, like... how?" He basically just repeated his question, not really intending to be so demanding but he couldn't help it when, well, she was right there and doing such absurd things he'd never seen before. Maybe once or twice in a video or two, but never in person. His eyes were focused in awe and wonder down at this woman given their height difference, but that felt comical considering the larger than life task that a normal guy like him could only ever dream of doing.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 am
Why Me? [HIME] GErtDg6

Now that it appeared that the hollow was definitively subdued without question, Natasha cracked her neck softly, deactivating her blut as she turned to face Aidan fully. The southern woman took a moment to gauge the surroundings, hazel eyes browsing the area in brief focus to ensure nothing else remained to strike them at random. After acknowledging that their surroundings were relatively safe for the moment, Natasha grinned at Aidan, noting his dumbfounded expression. She supposed it wasn't every day you saw a texan woman with supernatural abilities striking down a hollow with only their fists. Flexing her arm softly as she stepped forward, she made an attempt at humoring the male by mimicking Popeye's voice in her own playfully feminine tone.

"It's cause me ate' ma' spinach, agagaga!"

Allowing him a moment to regain his own composure, she'd place her hands against her hip after that momentary, perhaps unsuccessful joke, observing him with curiosity. From the looks of it, he didn't seem to exhibit any spiritual capability himself. No spiritual pressure. Nothing. Just a normal man. Not entirely shocking. Most humans were spiritually aware nowadays, but no more than that.

"You doin' okay, though, sweetheart? Sorry, I got here late. I'd heard about hollow attacks in this specific area. I'm glad no harm' came to ya. Name's Natasha. Natasha Miller. You can call me Nat if ya' want somethin' that rolls off the tongue all nice like, though."

The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 25, 2023 9:12 am

Just a Boy

That? That was what he got in response to his stupid question? In response to this whole obscene situation? Even if it wasn't too out of the norm for Natasha, to just some random fucking guy, this was all so... stupid. It was stupid. And that was why Aidan laughed, not because Natasha's joke was actually funny, but because of the sheer emotional whiplash inducing a moment of what felt like insanity in the boy. "I-I'm fine, yeah." He managed to stutter out while he was staring at this woman in a totally different form of disbelief.

"Name's Aidan. It's nice to meet you Natasha... Nat." Correcting himself at the end and at least trying to extend a hand to shake one of hers. But when she reached out, he'd just stare. Those were the hands that took down a whole ass hollow... he really needed to get over it. "Are you a part of some kind of anti-hollow police force or something?" It was a stupid question but he didn't know how to put it any other way. He was pretty sure she got the point. "I've never heard of anything like that around here."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 25, 2023 9:52 am
Why Me? [HIME] GErtDg6

"Pleasure to meet ya, too, Aidan. As far as ma' joke goes, I ain't get like this through eatin' spinach, convenient as that might sound. I'm a Quincy. A reishi manipulator, if you will."

Natasha provided an example by creating an azure flame composed of reishi within the palm of her hand. Guiding her arm an intricate pattern, she'd move the fire along in a graceful flow until they dissipated in a flash. Now that he gathered his composure properly, they could host a conversation. The burst of laughter that accompanied his disbelief was well welcomed, too. If she had to guess, it definitely wasn't her poor attempt at humor. Shaking his hand firmly, Natasha would nod her head in response to his question. Anti-hollow police force was one way of describing it. Was it entirely correct? No, that sort of guesstimate was closer to what the Gotei was tasked with than the Vandenreich.

"In a sense, yes. I belong to the Vandenreich. An organization that seeks to maintain balance on earth and handle threats that the soul reapers up above can't handle immediately. Ya' probably ain't heard of us' much since we're often' explorin' any location that seem to be harborin' a disturbance or two. It just so happened that me and my men happened to chance across this area and discovered just that. Hopefully we acted soon enough' to prevent anyone else bein' hurt by that thing."

The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 26, 2023 8:32 am

Just a Boy

Aidan knew what reishi was, but to hear about a reishi manipulator, like it was some kind of power that some people just had baffled him. That there were enough categories of powers and types of powers that they could give them all proper names like that... "That's... something else." He mumbled under his breath without much of a thought. Aidan could barely wrap his head around that idea. Could he do that one day? He had to shake his head at the idea before it got too far. More of the kid inside wanting to do cool things, go on adventures, see the world. But what a dangerous wish it would be, like a double edged sword. Or so he'd assume, like it was a trope that could very well become reality.

"I've... heard of the Vandenreich." He said half-assuredly. "And I've heard about Hollows like that around here eating up whoever they wanted. I thought something would have- could have been done about it sooner, but I guess only now, huh?" Taking a deep breath and letting it out as a sigh. "Must mean I got lucky that now of all times would be when you guys show up. I'd definitely have been eaten were it not for you." The thought made him shudder, and a brief silence befell him, but he perked up the moment he realized. "Oh, I do work at a ramen shop if you want to stop by at some point. I can at least buy you a bowl or something as repayment." It wasn't the best offering for having his whole life saved, but something was better than nothing. "There's really not much else for me to offer, but I'd feel bad not repaying you in some way after you, you know, saved my life." Chuckling dryly and giving Nat a sheepish grin like the dork he was.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 27, 2023 8:17 am
Why Me? [HIME] GErtDg6

"Yea'. It's unfortunate that there weren't no first responders' loungin' about in the area. If I'm bein' honest, I would have mightily preferred if we were able to handle it the moment it started rearin' its ugly head. Either way, I'm glad you weren't hurt, sweetheart. It must of been pretty terrifyin' to be chased down like that."

Placing a hand at her hip, Natasha offered a warm smile. Civilian casualties were always the most unfortunate outcomes to come out of these successful missions. Maintaining an ideal balance were most survived was an exercise in difficulty - assuring their survival, incredibly more so. Hollows came in many shapes and sizes, after all. Thanking the stars and the good lord above that she wasn't tasked with facing down a monstrosity like anything in Africa, Natasha concluded that not all had been lost. Aidan was grateful she saved his life at least. That alone was enough to wash away any guilt that threatened to fester.

Even better, he was offering to treat her to some ramen. Clapping her hands together with a curious expression, Natasha tilted her head. That was perfect. She wondered if he could treat her now. Hollow patrol had robbed her schedule to such a point today that she'd avoided eating breakfast and lunch to ensure she kept her attention focused at all times. That he offered it as a reward for saving his life - why, she couldn't turn it down even if she was attempting modesty.

"If it ain't too much to ask, I reckon I'd be mighty happy to take ya' up on that offer right now, sugar. I ain't eatin' much all day if anythin'."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum