Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Empty A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna]

Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:37 pm

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - Soundscape to Ardor

Damn it all! Damn it all to the depths of hell! Those were Shura's thoughts as she carried Lerna through the Senkaimon, she was certain they could've won! She knew it was true within the core of her very being! Yet Lerna had interrupted her would-be assault against Metatron, forcing what some would call a tactical withdraw... but not Shura. Shura saw this as naught more than a straight up defeat. A stain on her otherwise near perfect record against hollows. But this wasn't about pride far from it, if it was about pride she wouldn't have used a single kido spell within that battle yet she'd used several.

No this was about the fact that this Mod Soul had interrupted her fight, this was why nobody except Fourth Division Members should've been with her. Her squad knew better than to dare get in her way, they'd of let her cut that creature down even if it cost Shura her life... for that was the way of the Death Division. But Lerna? She wasn't apart of the Fourth, she didn't understand how they operated. Whether she cared or not didn't matter to Shura, and it was the only reason she didn't cut Lerna down right then and there.

But now wasn't the time for such thoughts. "Get the healers! Now!" She commanded as she slowly set Lerna down out of the way of the main Senkaimon Gate, tearing off pieces of her Shihakashou to begin wrapping parts of Lerna's limbs to staunch and slow the bleeding she was undoubtedly suffering from having tanked the rather considerably powerful attack that Metatron had released. "Stupid girl..." She muttered as she did so.

It was undoubtable that Lerna saved Shura's life, even had her attack worked the amount of damage Shura would've sustained would've undoubtedly left her in critical condition at best... and no longer alive at worse. She owed this girl a debt of greater value than any nobility could provide in repayment. She owed Lerna her life.

made by RR of DD, steal and i will sentence you to the true death!
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Empty Re: A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna]

Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:56 pm
A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] HEADER_EFPoF0NUUAEq42w

Lerna expected a lot of things. But certainly Shura carrying her back hadn't been one of them. The instant they had arrived, there were already people closing in. No doubt a number of others who had similarly been called to retreat on their way. However, as Shura promptly began to shout for a healer. Lerna blinked, a brief look of surprise before she turned to Shura. "You really don't-." Ah, and there went Shura's shihakusho, shreds being ripped off in order to bandage her which frankly was quite sweet, and admirable. But Lerna reached up to grasp Shura's hand so as to halt the woman's motions.

"Shura, Relax. I'm not in danger." She pointed out, all while that thick outter layer of glass crackled, slowly smoothing out as her flesh began to shift about. The more vital injuries to her body slowly being mended. "I'm a mod soul Shura. My pill's fine. Sure my Gigai is fucked up. But I'm fine." She assured the woman, Not that that would help her move. Her body was FUCKED, and she wouldn't be able to move normally for a while. But all the same, she hardly wanted the girl ripping up her uniform for no reason.

Still, she was quite surprised. She didn't take shura for the caring or mending type. "Still. I'm a little surprised. With that Kido you were throwing around, don't you know any Kaido?"
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] Empty Re: A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna]

Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:07 pm

"Shut up." Shura responded when Lerna tried to say she was fine, softly at first. However the moment she began to hear the word 'Kido' leave her mouth, Shura's hand rocketed up to cover the girls mouth with a tight grip "Shut. Up. Never mention what I did." Her tone was now far more serious, her eyes locked with Lerna before she released her grip and continued to do what she could to staunch the bleeding.

"Even as a mod soul your body is still important, if it is rendered incapacitated, the state of your pill will be meaningless. So just shut up and wait for the medics." Especially with the influx of retreating Shinigami she didn't want what she did spilled so casually "My usage of kido is a secret." She said in a more hushed tone now "I intend on keeping it that way as well, I have a... history of belittling it. It is only recently that I've come to appreciate its power, however it is something of a trump card for me at the moment, while not as directly powerful as my Bankai it is a tool that can be potent enough to inflict severe damage none-the-less. You're the first one outside of my private training to witness my ability to use kido, and truth be told I wasn't intending on using it even in that battle however that hollow proved to be significantly more powerful than I anticipated... and as much as it pains me to admit, this defeat puts a rather large blemish on my neigh perfect record against hollows. He is the first, and so far only, hollow to overpower me in combat."

She had hoped that Lerna would at least be willing to acquiesce to her request of silence on the matter. "Additionally what you did back there was reckless, stupid, and something none from my division would think of ever doing... yet I would most assuredly be in critical condition at best and dead in any other circumstance. I won't say that I wanted you to do what you did, but knowing what I now know I can't very well let it go unappreciated. That is why I brought you back here you stupid girl."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:35 pm
A Hollow Defeat (Heaven's Light Follow-up) [Shura/Lerna] HEADER_Ft47vg8aEAAknlF

"That's awfully gay of you to say Shura. But yea look, see? Already repairing it." She pointed out, though when Shura suddenly became a lot more.....rigid and hissing. She furrowed her brows, staring directly at Shura for several long moments. Was this a joke? No, surely... She narrowed her eyes for a few seconds. BEfore she started to chuckle. Softly at first, but with rapidly increasing volume, and soon elough, Lerna was laughing uproarously, the soft crackle of blood in her lungs sounding as she snickered loudly, covering her mouth and holding her side as she laughed at Shura's bizarre complex about hiding her Kido.

After several moments, she started to calm down, wheezing between chuckles before a sigh finally escaped her.

"That's fucking retarded, Kurata." She sighed, smiling to herself and laying down, deciding to simply allow the woman to tend to her. The bleeding had stopped itself, the blood vessels closing up as she mended herself. A sigh escaping her as she closed her eyes. A brief moment of pause as she remembered the fight. And the thoughts that had bubbled to the surface when she'd unleashed her zanpaku'to. Concerning.
But she didn't let that bother her too much for now. The thoughts seemed to have passed. "Yea I'm not a big fan of it either. But you were the one charging him during his big apocalypse attack, so I think you still take the stupid cake on that one. " She murmured with a sigh, the Medics moving in at this point to start working on Lerna's frame. A few of them no doubt also attempting to pull Shura aside.

"go get patched up. We can talk more about this later." Lerna noted to the third Seat. If Shura was going to fus about her state, she'd just talk to the girl once the both of them had been fixed up.
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:42 am

Shura was... well, caught quite off guard with that first remark, to the point of pulling back with a light red line appearing across her face. Despite Lerna seeming to find it quite funny, Shura found no comedy in the remarks she had just made. "You are not apart of the Combat Division, so I do not expect you to understand our methodology. However if we die in battle that is simply apart of our duty nothing more, and to have the ability to attack when he is otherwise preoccupied gives one a far greater advantage than when he is capable of reacting."

It wasn't that Shura was stupid or had a death wish, but rather she cared not if she died if it gave her a chance to eliminate a threat to Soul Society. When the medics finally arrived, Shura took a step back to allow them to do their job, staring down at Lerna both with a look of frustration but also... concern? Though what that concern was, was rather up to interpretation. But when Lerna dismissed her Shura simply stared for a moment longer before closing her eyes and turning away to the a few of the other awaiting medics.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:13 pm

Lerna raised a brow slightly and smiled as she watched Shura taken aback. "Oh yea? Sounds like a fine policy. You know that's a good point. clearly you should sacrifice yourself as soon as possible to take out a stronger enemy. Nah, don't worry about SURVIVING and becoming stronger. You souls are hilarious." She snickered, sighing softly as she gave a little dismissive wave toward the woman as they allowed themselves to be patched up. A sigh escaping her.

It was a pretty brief affair. Her gigai was in need of repair, so she was put into her spare while her normal Gigai was sent off to 12th division to be repaired. And so, it would barely be a few minutes later when Lerna, in her fresh Gigai, was free to move about. But there was still work to be done. She needed to submit her report. And even with a fresh Gigai, she was wiped out. Having to mend so much damage, and use so much energy in such a short time. As much as she would have liked to jump back to the world of the living, she felt as if she was going to drop at any second. And so, at the recommendation of the Medics, she got a bit of rest. Shutting out the outside world, and doing her best to ignore that budding sensation inside of her. The energy that was fighting to bubble to the surface.

It wasn't until she'd gotten word that Shura's own healing had been finished up that she found her way to the Member of Squad Four. If nothing else, intent on checking in on the woman. And certainly to try and get a sense of just what the hell was going on in this woman's head. And before long, she was making her way toward where Shura had last been seen. HOPEFULLY she'd be resting.

But well. The woman had charged into a rain of ceros. She had a feeling the girl might POSSIBLY not be the type to follow orders to rest.
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:33 am

Gods this was why she hated not fighting a battle with the other members of the Fourth, the rest of the GU simply didn't understand them. Their entire job was to be the first on the battlefield, to ensure the enemies of the Gotei were removed. What was the point in them surviving if they failed to do their duty? No, if they were to die, then it was best to be while removing an enemy of the Gotei. Better to die and live on in the annals of Soul Society a hero than to live on in failure. But perhaps she was being too harsh towards Lerna in this scenario, she was just a Mod Soul after all, not a true Shinigami.

However it was around this time that it had all begun to catch up to her, the wounds... the pain... the blood and Reiatsu loss. She wasn't in critical condition or anything, but the wounds she'd sustained were visible enough to warrant at least partially listening as the medics coaxed her to sit against the wall. Her face was burned, several bones were broken or fractured, and the amount of Reiatsu she'd expended made her incapable of further battle for no small amount of time.

Her time sitting here gave her time to pause and reflect upon what she'd fought against, a hollow... claiming to have the favor of God. As her head leaned back against the wall, her eyes were drawn upwards to the sky. She knew such a thing was preposterous, she knew that to be a truth so deeply entrenched in her very being. Outside of the simple fact that Shinigami were the Will of God, her very Zanpakuto was named for what it was designed for. Destruction on a Divine scale. Yet in spite of all this, he had blocked each and every attack as if it were nothing.

It gave her pause when she thought about it, about whether her Zanpakuto was at its peak... or if her Bankai had but a fraction of its true power. What if what she had currently was only what she wanted? What if her connection to Hakaishin was still in its infancy? She had Bankai sure... However despite that its power wasn't enough. Perhaps she should've led with Tenbatsu from the beginning, maybe then she'd of been able to do something to it.... or perhaps she was simply.... too weak.

In all the time she spent thinking, she hadn't even realized the healers had finished their work and left, her eyes glossy and staring off into the distant sky above her, reflective of the admittedly rather deep thought she was in right now.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:11 pm

"Seem like you have a lot on your mind." Lerna had entered after getting permission from the healers, though she hadn't quite expected to walk in on Shura staring off into the distance with a far off look to her. And she had spent a brief moment just looking at them. Almost seeming oblivious to their surroundings, and it took her a moment to shake off old habits. And so she announced her presence by speaking up, her own frame looking as if she'd never been injured in the first place, while Shura would no doubt be bandaged up given the fair amount of roughing up she'd endured.

Lerna made her way over to one of the chairs set aside for visitors, leaning on the arm rest as she folded her hands into her lap. "So. Care to go into why you're freaking out about people knowing you have the capacity to use a basic shinigami skill?" She ventured calmly, not quite derogatory, but certainly a little incredulous. Sure, she could jab a little about the whole dying for victory nonsense. But there was also the matter of the weirdness surrounding her Kido. She'd mentioned that she'd belittled it's use in the past, but surely there was something else. That couldn't be the ONLY reason for such a reaction could it? Surely shinigami were not THAT vain.
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:40 pm

For one of her caliber to be so oblivious to her surroundings that she hadn't noticed the door open, let alone for another's presence so close to her... It was probably the first time anyone had gotten so close to her without any reaction from her. Such was her mental state right now that she cared not for her surroundings or those that resided within them, even when Lerna had spoken up Shura gave no immediate response or reaction. Not even so much as a head tilt in her direction or a grunt was given, however that didn't mean she didn't hear Lerna's words.

Rather she was thinking now of how to respond to them, and when she finally found the right words some one or two minutes later she spoke with an oddly soft and distant response "Because... it isn't right." She said at first, but took a few more moments before clarifying "Before all of this... before the Gotei United, before the Gotei 13, before I ever picked up an Asauchi, I was the daughter of a simple Butcher within the Rukongai, born into expectation of running the business and helping it grow. But I never liked that idea, it was too... mundane for me."

Even now she continued to stare off into the distance, as if recalling a distant memory she'd rather forget existed "Unlike my brother I was rowdy, feisty... unable to sit still for more than a moment before needing to burn off excess energy. So I joined a Kendo club, I learned there that I had a knack for fighting... a knack for hurting others that got in my way. It took some time, but eventually I became the head of security for my family, and I was damned good at it. The Butcher of the Rukongai." She said those last words with an amount of reverence, not for herself... but what it symbolized.

"I was untouchable, capable of cutting down anyone and anything. Nothing could stop me. But ever the disappointment, my father insisted I joined the Gotei and train at the Shin’o Academy. I scoffed at the idea, what could they possibly teach me? There wasn't a soul in Soul Society that could face me and win, plus it'd just be more restrictive, I'd still be... collared. Controlled but by another hand, a puppet with a different master. But I eventually acquiesced to him, as a good girl always does. I wanted to prove to him that I was worth something, that he needn't see me as just an embarrassment besmirching the Kurata name."

Truthfully... that was the core of what drove her, but of course this was all needed to set the scene for why she looked down on Kido so heavily. "My raw strength was all I ever needed, even in the academy though it nearly got me expelled. When finally I graduated my placement wasn't even up for debate, my violent nature meant there was only one squad that I not only fit into, but only one that would take me... Zaraki Kenpachi."

Everyone knew that name within Soul Society, everyone knew his hard stance on Kido... and everyone knew what it was like to be in his squad. Of course she could stop talking and let it end at that, but in truth... that wasn't the reason she hated Kido so much. Her right hand raised from the bed, her palm turning to face her as it rested in front of her face "He taught me everything I needed to know, about ruthless efficiency... the lack of any need in finesse in battle, and how to enjoy the thrill of a fight to the death."

It was now that her hand fell back to the bed "But he isn't the reason I hate Kido... he isn't the reason I despise it so much. For all the fighting and training I did in the 11th, it never taught me anything beyond just fighting. I had a Shikai but not a Bankai, and though I could likely be considered among the strongest within the 11th that one difference set me apart from all others. Up to that point I'd only been doing it to try and make my Father proud of me, to see me with eyes of worth to the family name."

She paused now, her head turning to Lerna "Have you ever felt a need so great that your mind lost focus on all but that need? That everything that wasn't that need was so utterly insignificant that anything and everything else lost all meaning? That even your own life meant nothing by comparison?" She paused to give Lerna some time to contemplate and respond before continuing "I hadn't... not until Hitoshi was born. When I held him in my arms after his birth... something changed in me, I can't really describe what it felt like or was... or is... but I knew when I looked upon him that I needed my Bankai. Not for the Gotei, not to impress my Father... But to protect my new baby Brother. I needed strength so overwhelming that no matter who I fought, victory was assured. So I trained from that day on, to gain my Bankai. Day and night I toiled away with my Zanpakuto, sleeping only when my body gave out on me and fell unconscious. When my Spirit finally ordained me ready for my trial..."

She finally paused, her head turning away from Lerna and staring off into space once more for several minutes in silence before she spoke again "It... was a brutal affair. It was the first time I'd ever tried kido in battle, but it failed me entirely. It mattered not what spell I used, or how much energy I put into it... it did nothing to Hakaishin, or rather... it did nothiing to Shinmetsu Tei. He didn't just shrug it off, he allowed every single one to hit him directly and it didn't even leave so much as a scratch. In the end all the academy training failed me, and it wasn't until I simply embraced who I was at my core that I barely managed to scrape out my victory. It's the reason it took me almost eleven years to get my fledgling bankai, and ever since my spirit has been almost entirely silent. Rare is it when I hear its voice, I've spent weeks in my inner world trying to get it to speak to me, only for its cold silence to be its response. In the last Two-Hundred and Sixty Six years, Hakaishin has spoken a grand total of four times. The first? When it granted me Bankai, the second was when the Gotei United was reformed and I moved to the Fourth, The third was when I fought Kanae, and the fourth..."

She stopped entirely, once more raising her hand up to stare at it before her head turned towards her Zanpakuto, resting on the table next to her bed "When we were fighting that hollow." She spoke those last few words almost with a sense of self-loathing. Sure she'd given Lerna a bit more than she'd asked for, she'd told Lerna why she hated Kido so much, a fact that in truth... nobody else knew, but she'd told her exactly how her relationship with her Zanpakuto functioned for the past several hundred years. But in truth it was all related to her question. "Hakaishin's form is the manifestation of raw strength, tall, physically imposing like Zaraki, adorned with heavy armor that protects him from all but the strongest of attacks. He detests the weak and unworthy, just like Zaraki. It is my belief that my admiration for strength shaped his form, but my admiration for Zaraki shaped his personality, and my use of kido turned him silent to me. His way of scolding me for relying on anything that wasn't my own strength."

As she finished she finally turned back to look at Lerna "That is why I hate Kido so much... why I despise it... My use of it has turned Hakaishin into a silent watcher, refusing to talk to me except when I am about to lose, and even then only demanding that I win."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:55 pm

Lerna raised a brow ever so slightly as she was.... a bit startled from the sudden explanation. Shura didn't strike her as much of a talker, much less someone to go giving away personal information. After all, what was Lerna to her? Other than a mod soul she supposed. Was that it? That she considered Lerna not quite a person so she felt fine with all this? Who knew, but suffice to say, she certainly was a bit ......confused when it kept going. She assumed it would stop at shura's conception about her own purpose in the rukongai. A butcher? Certainly an interesting origin for a woman like her, but honestly not too surprising. Honestly it felt quite expected. That the girl would have such a big fish in a little pond sort of beginning.

That said, she was still caught by surprise when Shura gave the reasoning as to why she pushed herself to Bankai. Her brother?

In all honesty Lerna had no idea that Shura even had siblings. It wasn't something she often put her mind to. but it was ... strange to hear that they would elicit such a reaction. But the plot thickened from there. About Shura's gaining of Bankai. About her ....failure with Kido. And now... this? She made something of a face, a bit ...perplexed. "Afraid I ......" She halted herself and looked off to the side. And for a moment she wondered if she ever HAD felt something like that. Certainly she had felt drive. A desire for things, and she did pause. At first, she thought of Asami, but no...that wasn't quite the same. Perhaps the closest sh had ever felt, was from someone who was gone. And she felt a twist in her chest, and gently clenched her firsts, thinking back to that mod soul she'd met in the Third Division barracks. And now? Who knew where she was. When the Captain had retired, they had vanished as well, and a slow, twisting anger burned its way into her chest. Her mind filtering back to those disgusting fucking...

She closed her eyes, and then refocused on Shura's tale, pushing that anger from her mind. And .... struggling to understand. "So.... your Zanpaku'to admonished you for using Kido. So much that you have a history. But then ...if you hated Kido so much, I can only assume you learned Kido because you wanted to become stronger. Which...is good, right? You wanna be stronger for your brother. But you're also all messed up because your Zanpakuto won't talk to you. So ...which is more important? Your Zanpaku'to's opinion, or protecting your brother?"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum