Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member
Joined : 2017-03-31
Posts : 3321
Age : 23
Location : Beep beep i'm a sheep

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:22 pm
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] KU5cCqX

Emil "Holsen" Grey


It truly was a convenience in having skilled informants on a potential asset, the call to a particular city-goer’s position made, the well dressed gentleman making a calm proceed to the target’s last location. Ulquiorra Cifer - he had quite a bit on the former Espada from a myriad of sources, both direct and indirect. She proved to be quite the fence sitter, rather bothersome a position for a time like this, though at the very least she was compliant and willing to assist.

Though, the man himself wasn’t terribly fond of those who dwelled in the in-between regardless of their proposed usefulness - for all he was concerned, she could peel away at any second, and suddenly they were lacking in quite the benefit.

Seeing to the making up her mind himself was his prerogative today, preferably in loyalty rather than desertion. A calm, casual approach was his choice - a meeting of pure happenstance between a lower-rung agent and this fickle being, knowing of her involvement and curious of her position.

And there she was, right where his eyes in the crowd said she’d be; a curious one with her eyes on others as they went about their day. Hardly appearing to take note of her initially, he would come to a reasonable stranger’s worth distance of her, but close enough to where he was within conversational range, a minute or two of silence before he spoke up,

“Weather’s quite lovely today, don’t you think?” A sweet smile was placed on his pale lips as he looked her way, "Just the right amount of clouds, sun, and winds."

Our Play Starts | END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member
Joined : 2021-06-04
Posts : 4098

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue0/0You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:04 pm
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] HEADER_0271-006

The perception others had to her had become annoyingly relevant. As she had come to engage more and more with the general populace of the City, so too had she come to understand that she was becoming something of a known element. The denizens remembered her, and slowly, ever so slowly, she had begun to grow familiar with some of them. Shop keepers recognized her fairly quickly whenever she visited their stores, and even the occasional passerby that she would pass frequently enough, began to greet her as she went about her normal day to day activities.

It was, ultimately, exactly what she had intended to foster. And yet ther was an apprehension that came with it. When would her own feelings kick in? At what point would she begin to feel protective of these small things. To know that there was potential for this to become something far more than a simple project. That was the goal. That this experiment would become more than that. That she should experience this newfound heart of hers. And as much as she specifically walked toward that path, it loomed so very ominously.

Even her interactions with Cyrus had proven to become a bit more...erratic. Her mind flashed back to her last conversation with the headmaster and her own abrupt departure. It was simply in her nature, they had exhausted conversation, and so she had left. And yet some part of her snared on the notion that she had been cold to him. That she might have entertained his casual small talk a bit longer. It seemed that a very large part of having a heart meant second guessing yourself. Or perhaps that would iron out in time.

However, distracted as she was. The presence of someone such as Emil did not go unnoticed. She took notice of his approach, and while she had no knowledge as to who or what he was. She could sense through her pesquisa that he was a fair bit above the normal human.

"I don't believe we have met before." An abrupt sidestep of the topic, turning to look directly at the man.

After all, her being an arrancar was almost painfully obvious. The physical signs were VERY present. And yet the man spoke to her casually, without gawking or that occasional look of 'have I seen her before?' that many denizens regarded her with. If he were not familiar with her, he would not likely be so casual. Which meant he was pretending not to know her. Or he was simply that friendly. And if he was simply being friendly, she wouldn't stand to lose much by being a bit prickly at first.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member
Joined : 2017-03-31
Posts : 3321
Age : 23
Location : Beep beep i'm a sheep

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:48 pm
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] KU5cCqX

Emil "Holsen" Grey


Short and to the point; that behavior certainly coincides with his indirect communications involving her demeanor, little indication of his true, prying thoughts on his remarkably kind face as he studied her. The attempt of small talk was simply an act of general pleasantries and to avoid direct questioning; they were functionally strangers, after all. Being far too up front typically sowed discomfort or a want to escape the situation, so opening with a subject directly relevant to the both of them yet so incredibly impersonal was an adequate move in his mind, his silky white hairs shifting as he'd tilt a head,

"We certainly haven't," His tone was smooth yet strangely warm, the voice of a kindhearted man who's interests lied in connecting with others, no matter how strange or out of the way their person was, "I certainly would recall one with as distinguished an appearance as yours. Work and relations often keep me off the street."

Offering a dark gloved hand to shake in polite introduction, he'd continue, "Emil Holsen. It's a pleasure to meet someone new in this illustrious city. Might I have your name in return?"

Our Play Starts | END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member
Joined : 2021-06-04
Posts : 4098

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue0/0You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:07 am
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] HEADER_0271-006

He was being friendly.
He was also being rather careful with his words. His description of her was neither too forward, not disparaging 'Distinguished' was she? She supposed that was rather apt, i nothing else, and as he reaced out to shake her hand, she reached out and gently shook his in turn, a relaxed grip, almost dainty.

"You may. My name is Ulquiorra Cifer." She introduced herself, despite having some doubt that he might already know it. " You've caught me at a bit of an odd time. I was about to have lunch, but you're welcome to join me." She offered calmly enough. A sufficiently casual offer for the man to join her for a meal. The man was being polite, if nothing else, and despite her suspicions, had done nothing to bring any particular concern. Not only that, but he had been prompt enough to approach her out of nowhere. She knew he could sense her spiritual energy, he knew what she was.

He was either interested because she was an arrancar, or ambivalent despite it.
And as a creature that was, presently, exploring sociability. It was an opportunity she did not intend to pass up.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member
Joined : 2017-03-31
Posts : 3321
Age : 23
Location : Beep beep i'm a sheep

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:15 pm
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] KU5cCqX

Emil "Holsen" Grey


"Ulquiorra you say..." He gave her a bit of a thinking look, as if he was trying to place the significance of that name, but seemed to disregard it for the moment with the mention of lunch, his tone taking a bit more of a joyful hitch, "Ah, you're too kind. I'd love to accompany a fine lady such as yourself to a meal."

As the two finished that exchange, he appeared to go back to his previous thought, snapping his fingers, pale eyes glimmering with realization, "Oh yes, from the stadium battles! I thought you looked familiar. I suppose even a lowly old Vandenreich pencil-pusher such as myself can still get some enjoyment out of such events; my little girl couldn't stop talking about them."

He did send Ella off to watch as many fights as she could fit into her schedule; it was valuable data collection even if the environment itself was quite controlled. Though, he didn't expect her to actually derive some enjoyment out of them - that was a truth he was willing to share. Danava were quite strange and fickle at times, especially a young and largely undefined one.

"I have no particular preference of place, by the way. Where ever you planned to eat, i'll have no complaints. The City's quality in cooking is above most places, I feel. Many kind and passionate individuals come here to make a life for themselves."

Our Play Starts | END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member
Joined : 2021-06-04
Posts : 4098

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue0/0You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:56 am
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] HEADER_0271-006

Ulquiorra's gaze seemed to steel slightly as she made note of the man's comments. She made a few observations of her own as she listened to his idle banter. Well, at least he had accepted the offer. All the same, that sudden exclamation of recognition elicited no reaction from Ulquiorra as the man recounted his own daughter's experience watching the fights. A daughter, presumably. One that seemed to have enjoyed her fights enough to make mention of her. She supposed that might be interesting, she had made sure to instill a sense of awe and showmanship with her own showing at the event. It was only natural that some admirers would be spawned from the event.

All the same, she was already using a fairly lively stride as the pair of them made their way toward where she'd intended to eat. Certainly she had made no indication that she was offering to let him pick where they could eat, but still she noted his comment that they could eat where she liked, as if it were some kindness he were extending. She made no comment on that particular matter. "So you have a daughter. I certainly hope that your partner does not mind me borrowing you for lunch." The comment was delivered flatly, pausing as she stopped just outside a restaurant. Some sort of ..Panera shop. She'd been recommended the place by one of her Todgestalten contacts. It seemed a fitting place to take someone to.

"I do apologize if I am not quite as energetic as my fights might have led one to believe. I'm sorry to say that I've been told I can be poor company."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member
Joined : 2017-03-31
Posts : 3321
Age : 23
Location : Beep beep i'm a sheep

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:18 pm
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] KU5cCqX

Emil "Holsen" Grey


It seemed there were two in this little game of observation, making note of the pale woman's reactions - or rather lack thereof. It seemed her behavior correlated with reports; ever composed and rather flat. If anything, it made discussion easier and less of a labyrinth to piece together. Many Arrancar he's come across personally proved to be on the unpredictable or erratic side, and such elements were harder to tailor the conversation. It wasn't shocking for such personalities to arise from such a desolate, hunger-driven plane such as Hueco Mundo, but she certainly proved to be an intriguing exception.

Though with the dark-haired woman's comment about his spouse, the smile on his lips was made to lose it's crease for a moment, before stitching back into more of a somber look of nostalgia, "Unfortunately, she is not with us anymore. She was quite kind and intelligent; she certainly wouldn't have minded."

Even with his painted expression, his mind couldn't help but think to his wife for a bit. It was perfectly human to look back to fonder times, after all. Though that didn't break his stride, going on to open the door for the Arrancar with little much beyond a slight 'after you' gesture with his head.

"Nonsense! I often engage with those with similar or even lower energy levels. My daughter herself is on the quieter end on the spectrum. Your company has been quite pleasant," His face drew a reassuring smile as the two would go on to take their orders, and seats,

"So Miss Cifer, pardon if I come across as rather prying; what are your plans within the city? Are you simply seeing the sights? Looking for work?"

Our Play Starts | END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member
Joined : 2021-06-04
Posts : 4098

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue0/0You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:47 pm
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] HEADER_0271-006

Hm. A soft noise from the arrancar in response to the reveal about the man's wife. So he was a single father? Passingly, she considered this a motive behind his friendly behavior, but she didn't seem to get that impression from him. His eyes weren't lingering over areas that would suggest as much. No, she didn't get an impression of attraction from this man. Much less much a sense that he was attempting to be attractive either. His choice of clothes certainly didn't lend her the idea that he was trying to impress someone.

All the same, the pair of them made it to a small table and it wasn't long before someone came to take their orders. Food was something she'd gotten into the habit of enjoying, at least in moderation since she didn't have much a need for sustenance in terms of Kishi. But all the same, she'd gotten into the habit of it. She ordered herself something light, a salad.

"I can imagine it is challenging to raise a child as well as maintain a job by one's self. But you certainly seem to be managing well enough.An admirable trait." She pointed out, pausing to take a sip of her tea before glancing back up to the quincy in consideration of his prying.

"I should be dead. A considerable time ago, I was killed in battle, and that should have been the end of it. However, thanks to the actions of some unsavory parties I survived, in some fashion. That which had previously given me purpose is now gone. Once upon a time, someone saw fit to entrust something very important to me. And until very recently, they had spend much of their time in this very city." She glanced toward the window to consider. She hadn't been here for all that long, and yet, Inoue had saw fit to call this place her home for some time. No doubt, if she were here, Inoue could have told her any number of reasons why.

Was it the desire to protect these people?

"I hope to find out why."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member
Joined : 2017-03-31
Posts : 3321
Age : 23
Location : Beep beep i'm a sheep

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:27 am
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] KU5cCqX

Emil "Holsen" Grey


Having ordered a light sandwich and water for himself, he sat facing Ulquiorra with a relaxed posture, an appearance that would have seemed rehearsed or practiced upon many a time appeared to come by him rather naturally, his focus clearly on the woman before him with energy given to little else unless necessary.

To her passive remark of praise to his ability, he'd chuckle, "Well i'm not entirely alone on raising her, in addition to her growing up quite quickly. She's starting to assert her own independence little by little. Not quite the tiny helpless thing running to me for everything anymore. I certainly wish she'd stand to be a little less picky with her coffee, though..."

He was perfectly secure on sharing, yet ensuring not too much was spoken. Giving away inappropriate amounts of information rather carelessly would make him a fool in his role, but he was exceptionally practiced to such a point he didn't need to think or worry about it too terribly. As of now, he was simply having a conversation with a well-mannered lady. At least, until she decided to impart upon him the story of her life, or rather, coming back from unlife.

An appropriate reaction was given - measured amounts of shock, a bit of processing, some thought, before he would go on to give an answer, "Quite the rollercoaster that brought you here, mm? Well, if I were to hazard a guess... Many come here to rebuild their lives, or make a difference in the world. It was quite the benefit for the Quincy to properly open themselves up to the world; it gave opportunity for the downtrodden and war-torn to make a difference under one vision. Perhaps your special someone was one of them; someone who wished to make a difference in the world."

With the delivery of their order, Emil looked to the person serving them and gave thanks, as well as a small compliment to the speed, before his attention drew back to Ulquiorra, "So you have a new life to live, yeah? Have you figured how you will spend it, or are you intent on using it up chasing this someone to the end of the world for their answer to life?"

Our Play Starts | END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member
Joined : 2021-06-04
Posts : 4098

Member Info
Platinum Points:
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Left_bar_bleue0/0You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] Empty Re: You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra]

Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:34 am
You Figure? [Emil/Ulquiorra] HEADER_0271-006

Hm.

She'd seen her fair share of children about. The Picaro had certainly been a group that required a fair amount of attention in the past, and some small part of her wondered if the collective Arrancar were still scouring the realms for playmates. "Independence can sometimes be a double edged sword. But I'm glad to hear that seems not to be an issue as of yet."' She noted calmly, something of a knowing tone to her voice as she recalled a number of incidents that had occurred when the Picaro got more..... adventurous thoughts into their collective heads.

The man's reaction was ..... expected. Ulquiorra's gaze shifted toward Emil at that concerted response. How very composed this man was. Not only that, but certainly he seemed to have quincy on the mind. His soul gave that away fairly early on to her pesquisa. She supposed it was only natural for the man to affix to those specific members of the Vandenreich. She had certainly run into a number of varying races among their ranks. Quite a few even having the scent of hollow about them. Cyrus' offer made more and more sense as she had come to know more of the members.

"I've no doubt. Inoue Orihime was the type of woman I imagine to have been swept up in such things. If nothing else, she could not see something broken and leave it unmended." She stated simply enough, closing her eyes a she took a sip of her tea and a bite of her food, chewing idly as she considered a response, only responding once she'd finished doing so. And of course, as it pertained to that final question. About finding some singular universal truth? Or the rather interestingly framed portrayed ultimate alternative of a pointedly ceaseless meandering which seemed to very pointedly display his own personal preference between the two? Her response was simple.

"No."
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum