Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Left_bar_bleue7380/100(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty (Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko]

Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:27 am

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Calliope was not expecting one of the first things to process at her new job to be the resignation of the secretary she had been assigned. The long story short was he had lost someone important during the last battle in Africa. To Calliope, this was worthy of only a "So?" In reality, she allowed them immediate leave with a backhanded comment on how of course the Vandenreich could definitely allow someone to retire peacefully after so many losses. Inside her mind, she was fuming.

Calliope walked out of her office to try to find any personnel files for either a saved resume or a secretary she could steal from someone else. She just happened to see someone who seemed almost a little lost. Whether lost in thought or location, it didn't matter. Aimless wanderers would be punished with work. "You. Are you part of the Albedochiffren?" She waved off her own question. Her heels echoed against the tile as she rapidly approached the silver-haired young girl. "Nevermind. You've been reassigned. Temporarily, of course."

"I need a secretary for the next few days. I'll clear it with your Administrator, don't worry, but for now, you're working directly under me, understood? Good!" Peppy and commanding, Calliope spoke like the rich cheer captain who was definitely dating the quarterback. She began walking away, expecting to be followed. She halted and spun. "Right. Names." Calliope extended a gloved hand. "Calliope Schwarzmann. I'm the new Albedochiffren Director."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty Re: (Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko]

Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:41 am
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] R6gV3W2

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Lost was certainly one way to put it. Even if this wasn't Yumiko's first day, she was still used to everything; just as every new employee normally does. However, to say that Yumiko was entirely confused wasn't quite fair. Even if Yumiko did get occasionally lost in the Vandenreich due to being distracted by some new form of technology, the Albedochiffren was a nice place for her. Albeit, her freshness in the Vandenreich had not allowed her to meet the new director of the Albedochiffren. This had led to a rather interesting interaction when Yumiko least expected it.

Even if Yumiko didn't wear her normal clothes at work, instead favoring something far more tame and professional, she still had her hair pulled up into one large drill on the back of her head of course, she still stood out quite oddly. With her clothes being relatively normal, the prosthetics on her legs made her stick out. As they were relatively... different than most prosthetics, identifying them as so was a little difficult. Regardless, Yumiko appeared as such when a woman suddenly called out. She didn't think she was referring to her, but, when no one else stopped, Yumiko had to assume it was she that this woman meant.

About to answer, Yumiko had opened her mouth slightly before the woman had waved her question aside and began to speak again. Really, she was honestly quite rapid fire. Yumiko blinked at her, confusion more than obvious on the young woman's face as Calliope spoke on and on, about how she was her new, temporary, assistant. Yumiko blinked a few more times, not really understanding the whole situation. Sure, this lady wanted her to be her secretary, pretty much leaving no choice in the manner. Aside from that, however, Yumiko was obviously puzzled about the entire situation. When Calliope walked past her, Yumiko simply stared at her, not following the woman until she had turned around to introduce herself. Then, Yumiko understood a tiny bit more; she was the new Administrator. Goodness... She certainly was going to be a handful.

"Yumiko Kamenashi... And I'm just new here in general. It's... Nice to meet you."

Yumiko gave Calliope a weird look before she took her hand, and gave her a firm handshake. Luckily, Toshiko had taught her enough about handshakes that having a limp hand in a handshake was a bit... awkward. Regardless, after this small seemingly ridiculous encounter, Yumiko figured she didn't really have a choice but to follow the woman. Letting out a tiny, inaudible, sigh, Yumiko decided she best follow the woman, uncertain what her presence might bring. At least she was pretty... But that demanding/commanding part kinda tuned that down a little. Whatever, Yumiko was glad to help some.

END POST | PRODIGAL DAUGHTER

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Left_bar_bleue7380/100(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty Re: (Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko]

Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:54 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

"Well then, that makes two of us who are lost." Calliope chuckled lightly and then began moving on. If Yumiko didn't immediately follow, she would call out for her to follow. "Use this for notes." Calliope dug into the small handbag she kept with her and pulled out a rather simple tablet. With some minor tinkering, she'd hand it over. "I'll get you a proper one today after I stop by the requisition office." If Yumiko didn't jot that down in the tablet, Calliope would "gently" remind her to do so.

"Right now, I mostly need someone to do two things for me. Answer my phone calls and helping me with things in my schedule. Today and tomorrow are cleared for meetings and press conferences specifically so I can get settled in." Calliope began walking towards one of the file rooms where non-sensitive personnel records were kept. Calliope explained that she had requested basic information on the members of the Vandenreich that had been killed in the recent battle. However, the mail room had a backlog and hadn't picked up the list yet. So, she was going to do it herself.

"Thank you. You must be very busy here." Calliope let out another backhanded comment slip before leaving with the list. "Did you lose anyone in the battle?" Calliope asked Yumiko when they had left the department with a physical list in hand. The list was simple—basic identifiers and the contact information for next-of-kin. She would be writing a lot of letters soon. "If so, tell me now. I don't mean grief leaves so long as the day-to-day operations aren't seriously undermined."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:56 pm
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

This woman was… what was a polite way to say it? Outlandish? No. Odd? Perhaps. But perhaps the best way to characterize her was forceful, and wanted things done her way and her way alone.

Yumiko couldn’t help but stare at the woman as she pretty much walked right past Yumiko; staring because this Calliope, despite being her boss now, had completely floored Yumiko and hadn’t even allowed her to respond in full. The only notion of a response she was given was, really, to follow and to take the tablet provided. Still staring, Yumiko moved forwards and took the tablet. However, she soon turned her gaze to the Tablet and privately frowned. Following Calliope, Yumiko carefully placed the tablet into a pocket inside of her jacket, and then proceeded to pull out something that looked like a phone, which unfolded into a tablet of seemingly Yumiko’s own design. With a few gentle flicks on the screen, Yumiko followed Calliope with no further complaint; other than the silent one of sub-par technology.

While following Calliope, she listened to what the woman needed and wanted; tilting her head slightly. Frankly speaking, she had no idea how to properly answer a phone for a business. With a tiny frown, she figured she needed to speak up about this alone.

“I’ll need some training there… This is my first job, and I’ve never answered a phone for a business or company. But I should be fine with organizing a schedule… I doubt it’s worse than coding.”

Yumiko turned towards her custom tablet, pulling a stylus out of the side, and began to write notes; whatever seemed appropriate. Mostly, she wrote about what Calliope told her to write, whatever could be relevant to Yumiko’s current, temporary, position, and, lastly, just a general amount of useful knowledge and notes for herself.

After stopping in the mail room, in which Yumiko didn’t do much aside from take a few personal notes, which were encrypted on the spot, about Calliope. Other than that, she mostly followed the woman around quietly, her silver hair bouncing with her every step; rarely looking up from her tablet as she took multiple notes. Soon, however, she looked up, her stylus, more of a pen really, hovering above her tablet.

“No. My family’s retired from active duty. My mom’s been thinking of returning… but, I don’t know if she will. She told me she left when a good friend of hers died, a previous leader. Regardless… what battle are you referring to, exactly?”

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:44 am

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

"Don't worry, I won't throw you to the wolves and expect a Herculean victory with nothing." Calliope responded almost-cryptically. She already had thrown Yumiko somewhat to the wolves, so the meaning was contradictory to most. Simply put, she knew Yumiko would likely fail many times over during this experience. She'd train her with experience—both good and bad. The difference from her actual secretary would be that Calliope expected these mistakes and mis-steps. Yumiko's stint as a secretary was only temporary and temporary help wasn't going to be as good as permanent help.

"Africa, my dear." Calliope replied coldly. "The disastrous conflict around what was once Vastime. All I can say is that it really didn't go well for us." Calliope continued back towards her office, which was still in the process of getting set up. "Depending on how some meetings go, there is a chance she may get approached for returning anyway. If she's worth anything on the battlefield, I'd recommend her get a head-start. I can arrange for her file to be expedited if need be." Calliope was one who would grease the wheels when one needed to be faster in order for the collective machine to work at full capacity. Corners were not to be cut, of course, but the amount of oil between the cogs would always be plentiful. Her tone pivoted sharply. "Do you have any combat experience? I imagine there may be personnel reshuffling, and I need to see who to put a nail in the coattail of. Or, perhaps this is a better way to ask—what do you do? Do you have any particular skills the Vandenreich can use?"

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:07 pm
(Temporary) Reassignment [Calliope/Yumiko] M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

"Ah yes, Africa... No, I have no family in Africa. And, no offense Ma'am, but haven't you already thrown me to the wolves simply by suddenly taking me from my own duties and making me your temporary secretary?"

Yumiko eyed Calliope briefly before she shrugged slightly, understanding that this was all a part of working with Calliope; and also knowing that she was going to be thrown to the wolves soon enough, better sooner rather than later. Eventually, the Quincy let out a small hum as she wrote a few things down on her tablet, briefly created a holographic looking screen in the air from her tablet to only jot down something Calliope had said with greater accuracy, before the woman resumed action upon her tablet.

"I only know that my mother's capabilities far exceed my own, and she taught me everything I know. Regardless, your offer to expedite her files is kind, but I don't think my mother would want any help in that front. She probably would want her past experiences and position to speak for themselves, rather than others. She's a bit stubborn like that."

Yumiko continued along with Calliope, however, the woman's final statement, and tone shift, earned a rather odd gaze from the silver eyed woman known as Yumiko. She tilted her head slightly as she was asked this question. Well yes, of course Yumiko has combat experience, her mother made sure that Yumiko could defend herself. Yumiko simply blinked for a few moments after Calliope had finished her questioning before she provided answers to her questions.

"If you mean official combat on a battlefield, technically no. I know how to hold my own, and I have fought a few hollows; but mostly I sparred with my mother and she didn't go easy on me. I'm glad she didn't."

Yumiko eyed the woman again briefly before she held up her advanced, and self made, tablet; raising a silver eyebrow at Calliope.

"I work with technology. I invent, fix, and otherwise perfect our technology. Not to mention, I'm excellent with computers and can do a fair bit of hacking; albeit I would prefer not to use hacking unless necessary. My spiritual weapon is three different weapons I can change to when I need, and despite my lack of field combat experience, I am competent. If you really do need a full exhibit of my skills, I can certainly show you later, Ma'am. Do you have any more questions for me about my aptitude, ma'am?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum