Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki]

Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:24 pm

Tsubine saw her immediately after getting comfortable. She was unmistakable, even in the World of the Living. His heart skipped a beat when he thought she may have seen him. Oh, how her eyes were keen. She probably did see him. What shall he do? Hide. That's what his instincts told him.

"Shit." Tsubine muttered to himself before ducking behind an ice sculpture and almost spilling his flute of champagne. The last thing he wanted was to talk to her. He looked over the sculpture and through the gaps. She wasn't seeming to pay attention to him. He slunk out from behind the statue and ended up nearing a gap in the ever-moving crowds.

Tsubine didn't see a way through to get to an escape. He would have to stall. Thankfully, there was someone near what he presumed would be the first place to close ranks and become one large group. Tsubine approached one of the partygoers who had just extricated herself from another conversation. "Hello there, we don't know each other but can we pretend as though we're old friends or at least that we do know each other, just for a moment? There's someone I'm trying to avoid," Tsubine's eyes glanced back in that woman's direction, "and I'm praying social propriety will stop her. I'm Tsubine, in case you forgot.". His cue to the lady in front of him was a quick wink.

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty Re: Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki]

Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:45 am
Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] UKwW6eh
KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI | CAPTAIN COMMANDER

This sort of high society stuff definitely wasn’t Murasaki’s cup of tea, honestly. If not for the fact that she’d been able to bring Alastor along too, she probably would’ve just been absolutely dreading the next three days, but at least it seemed like some people around here were pretty alright—

Oh. This was weird.

“Right. Murasaki, nice to meetcha–again.”

It’s not like she minded dealing with things like this, she was the free-spirited sort even now that she was Captain Commander. Besides, it’d be more fun than all the usual schmoozing around with these people she didn’t really get.

END POST | BLADE IN THE SHEATHE
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty Re: Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki]

Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:05 pm

Murasaki didn't scream, tell him to fuck off, or loudly go "Who?" and look around. She was playing along! Tsubine let the tension he was holding drain away. He was going to owe this woman a personal favor after this. He didn't quite relish the thought, but it was far better than the alternative. The name Murasaki kept setting off some kind of recognition alarm, but he just couldn't quite place where he'd heard the name before. He mouthed a "thank you" before starting some small talk.

At first, it was simple things like the weather. Nothing that would mean anything to anyone, but would show the two engaging in conversation. Tsubine leaned in a bit as he changed the subject after a substantial pause in conversation. "Say, do you know what this gala is really about? I... don't exactly get out this way much. I know it's for fundraising charity for some kind of disaster in Africa, but I have no idea what's going on there. Business at home has kept me... occupied." There was a quick glance around to see if he saw her again. So far, only glimpses.

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Rubbing Elbows and Avoiding Eyes [Duvalier Gala] [Tsubine/Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:14 am

All this smalltalk was back to not really being Murasaki's thing, but it was still at least marginally more entertaining than talking to anyone else around here. Besides, he didn't seem to actually recognize her, and the people trying to get in her good graces or hope for a favor or something were her least favorite types. This guy, in comparison, was a breath of fresh air.

"Huh? Yeah, you haven't heard about the hole that opened up? You must be in some pretty heavy business."

It didn't really surprise Murasaki that much to hear someone just outright didn't know what this was all about, though. She was pretty sure most of these high society types didn't really care much about anything.

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:02 pm

Tsubine was, one, horrible with names, and two, fully unacquainted with the leadership in the Gotei 13. Yamamoto was the only Captain-Commander he knew the name of, and that was more out of him being a household name for many years. If he had known who this was, honestly, he would have steered clear. With an injured Shinigami being found post-Hollow attack, whatever was going on with Kanae, and a smattering of other smaller issues, he was concerned about how much attention his group could be getting. Getting the attention of the Captain-Commander was among the things he wanted least. But of course, fate had other plans.

"I had heard some rumblings about a hole somewhere in Africa... I honestly thought it was just a big sinkhole." Tsubine was truthful. He thought it was, at most, a sinkhole that swallowed like half a block or something. "I had no idea it was bad enough to warrant... this." He gestured around to the magnificent almost-palace they were in. "My secretary is supposed to keep up with big events like this, but family problems, business expansions, and some unwanted visitors has kept me needing to be on my toes. I also don't really get out this way much. Especially with recent happenings, travel is more than a little difficult. I'm a bit surprised by how many people I see here... There's more than I would have expected." Tsubine looked around to see if he recognized anyone else. A few faces he'd swear to have seen before, but truthfully no one else really stood out to him.

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:39 pm

"It's pretty bad, yeah."

That was a fairly honest assessment, and while most people in her position, and in this sort of social environment, probably would have been a little more tactful about it, Murasaki wasn't that kind of woman. Straightforward and honest, that was how she handled pretty much everything in her life.

"Not surprised word didn't really get along too much though. I guess it's mostly a problem for people who live around here, or people on the front lines. For now it's not getting much further than that."

She avoided saying anything too particularly cutting about the matter, if only because she didn't want to cause a problem, but Murasaki hadn't ever done well in this kind of environment specifically because she didn't like playing the kind of conversational games that were almost required. Her eyes had moved here and there in the estate, but by and large, it didn't impress her like she imagined it was impressing most people.

"I guess people like to show how much they support a big deal like this."

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:51 pm

"Or they just want to flaunt their money." Tsubine chuckled to himself at that. He'd known quite a few people who were like that. The Shirazumi-rengokai held a few fundraisers every now and then—though none quite like this. Each time, there was at least one person who came around flaunting his wealth. It was frowned upon, but never acted upon. "Though, I'll be honest, even I'm not entirely here for charity... I mean, I'm glad this is going to a good cause—it's about the only reason I'd make a trip like this... But I'm hoping to get something for my dau—someone I really care about from the auction." Tsubine caught himself again. "I haven't exactly been a good... care-er, and I was hoping that a very nice souvenir would help."

Tsubine caught himself swirling the champagne and stopped himself. "But I guess that's just another way of buying someone's affection, huh..." He shook his head to get that thought out of his mind. He was going to do right by Mayumi. Just... not yet. She was safer with J, and he needed as few angles for that woman to maneuver with. That wasn't the only maneuvering going on either. A waiter—or was it a server? Tsubine didn't quite know the difference in this kind of fancy establishment. Either way, a member of the staff was carrying a tray of filled champagne flutes when another patron stumbled from his own almost-drunken guffawing. The waiter/server/butler himself stumbled—sending the tray flying at the two of them

Tsubine was prepared to either take the blow himself to keep Murasaki from getting hit by it. To his surprise, she didn't need it. She was reacting with far more grace and speed than he expected. He had seen movements like these before. He felt his heart skip most of a beat. Knowing she was going to be safe, Tsubine barely avoided it himself. A clatter of silvered tray and breaking glass almost broke the silence, but it was quickly covered back up by conversation. The waiter/server/butler apologized profusely as other staff hurried to clean it up. Tsubine ignored them and instead turned to Murasaki. "That was close. You move a bit more... fluidly than I would have expected, no offense. You... wouldn't happen to be a martial artist of some kind, would you?"

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum