Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Empty Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]

Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:09 pm
Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Jgp3077

HIROE MIYASHIRO

There had certainly been a whirlwind of events in Hiroe's life within the last year. At once, a riveting test of faith nearly led her to give up on her dream before it began, and a crowning achievement that saw her achieving many feats the average Shinigami could only dream of touching. Did that mean she was tooting her own horn now? No, certainly not to any degree of arrogance. No, she considered herself overwhelmingly fortunate for a mere urchin from the Rukongai.

The name of her Zanpakuto was no longer elusive to her. Exploring her Shikai was a common routine now, and whenever time afforded her a measure of freedom, she doggedly maintained a studious schedule toward cultivating her techniques. Swordsmanship especially became the apple of her eye, and she took to her Zanjutsu classes with a madwoman's zeal, vigorously striving toward achieving the peaks of her talents.

She wasn't there, yet, of course, but she certainly had two instructors who had recognized her potential. Yuuto and Byakuya. It was difficult to contain her ego knowing such illustrious warriors - and handsome men - had faith in her of all people. Enough to make her toot her own occasionally, but far from the extent one might consider... "insufferable." Of course, neither one of them were present to train her today, and there wasn't too many classes occupying her time. As such, she simply defaulted to entering the courtyard reserved for Zanjutsu training. Sliding the blade cleanly from her sheath, Hiroe swung her zanpakuto forward in a downward cleave, alternating between unique patterns she had learned during her studies.

A vertical slash to the right, transitioning a step back to the left to execute a horizontal slash to the left. She repeated the process until beads of sweat dribbled across her face. No matter what, she wasn't going to rest on her laurels, and by the end of this year, her intention was to graduate. Of course... that meant she'd have to start looking for divisions now, didn't it?

NEW RECRUIT

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Empty Re: Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]

Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:31 pm
Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

Free time was so damn sparse now. Under normal circumstances, Yuri found herself with a fair ammount, certainly manageable. However, the situation in Sixth division was now eroding that considerably. If she wasn't having to burn the extra energy to keep up with the workload, she was having to keep an eye on the rest of her division thanks to the ....zeal afforded by recent events. As such, the workload had increased.

As had the fuckups. One thing that Yuri despised beyond anything else was people making more work for her. And of course, with the incident, people had shaped up, but mistakes still happened. Around some more than others. And now that was an almost constant stream. Not only that, but she also had her duties to the Academy students as a tutor. While a number of the other Tutors had simply neglected their duties, Yuri had doggedly fixated on them. Her pride would allow nothing else. even as so much of her life was consumed by squadwork, she continued to give up what free time remained in order to ensure she could work with her students. And that meant less sleep, and even worse: less training of her own. Stagnation had slowly crept up on her. Some of her more exemplary students had outright surpassed her, or caught up. Even despite being such an exceptional individual herself, she found some of her students moving on for more advanced tutors or teachers that specialized in certain areas. And while before, she endeavored to simply continue to impmrove herself. Well... now she didn't have the time to do so.

Rather than practice and exploration, she had to settle for drills and meditation so that she wouldn't wear herself out too thinly, and to give her mind a bit of rest. Simple repetition after a day of chaotic thought. She'd always quite enjoyed how unpredictable the work in realm enforcement could be. But now, she dreaded the wildness. And it was showing. She wasn't sleeping quite as well, she wasn't quite as well kept as she had once been, and her energy had been on a slow decline. So often finding herself staring at paperwork that it wore her down.

And so, even as she was supposed to be meditating, Yuri found herself simply sitting in the courtyard off to the side, with her zanpaku'to laying in her lap. She'd been trying to simply close her eyes and clear her mind for almost twenty minutes, to .... no avail. But, at long last, an excuse presented itself. One of the academy students? She stared for a little as she watched Hiroe make her way out and take up a bit of the training space. Watching the strokes of her zanpaku'to.

"You seem distracted." Her voice was soft and tired, lacking it's usual spunk and edge to it. Rather than her usual masked condescending nature, she simply was making an observation as she watched the woman.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  Empty Re: Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]

Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:52 pm

HIROE MIYASHIRO

"Eh?"

Hiroe turned her head to the owner of the feminine voice. She hadn't noticed anyone when stepped outside, but perhaps she was simply laid under the radar enough to miss her. Movement with blade and form ceased as she wiped the sweat from her forehead, observing the woman for a few moments. Even though she didn't know the woman personally, Hiroe certainly recognized her. She was, or rather, had been one of the tutors who frequented the academy.

A few of her peers mentioned her in passing. The boys would talk about how attractive she was, and the girls... what did the girls say about her again? She'd lost track of the gossip station over the last months. Everything they said may as well have been a blur, truth be told. Either way, Hiroe found it appropriate to regard the woman with respect, bowing in her general direction before returning to her routine stance and technique.

"Mm, I suppose you could say something like that, Miss Aiban. I'm wondering what division I'll be joining once I graduate from here. Considering where I came from, I didn't think the moment would come so soon, but a lot of the teachers say I'm more than ready to take the next step and finally join the Gotei. The only issue is... I genuinely don't know what division I want to join..."

NEW RECRUIT

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:00 pm
Process of Elimination[Hiroe, Yuri]  HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

"That so?"

She slowly sheathed her zanpaku'to and rose to her feet, a sigh escaping her as she glanced toward the woman and a lopsided little smile formed across her lips. "Graduation is a big step, at least for a Student. But ultimately, it's important to not worry about it too much. It's not as if you're confined to the division you wind up in. And if you can't make up your mind, there's always Eigth Division." She pointed out, walking over towards the student as she glanced at their zanpaku'to in hand. Hmm.

"what divisions do you currently have in mind?" She ventured with a slight tilt of her head. Her head devoid of it's usual banter. She was just tired and curious.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:18 pm

HIROE MIYASHIRO

"Eighth was an option, and still is, especially if I can't come to a proper conclusion..."

Hiroe didn't have an immediate answer, truth be told. There was no specific division she had in mind when she dreamed of joining the Gotei. Simply joining the Gotei was satisfaction enough, but she realized that she couldn't simply be content with that. She would have to join a division that she could find comfort in, and one she vigorously desired fighting for. Primarily speaking, she wanted to join a division that would test her respective skills and talents, yet also suited to her current capabilities. Above all else, she didn't want to be a liability. For a moment, she held her blade, gazing at Yuri with a sheepish smile.

"Well, if I had to offer a few off the top of my head, Seventh was the first that came to mind. From my point of view, I feel the seventh division could really challenge me, and a close friend of mine is also a member there. I recently visited the sixth as a sort of field trip with Hono, who is a part of the sixth, and although I find her interesting... I don't think I'm quite suited to be the lawful authority type. Eighth... might not be a bad idea. Based on reputation alone, I doubt I'd ever set foot in the fourth."

Hiroe took a moment to ponder a question, then shot a finger in Yuri's general direction.

"Say Miss Aiban, what division are you in?"

NEW RECRUIT

Last edited by Iori on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:31 pm

A gentle nod of her head, a slight smile playing across her face as she gave a little chuckle. "Oh? I'm a little surprised. Sure, the Seventh attracts a certain type of individual, but a lot of students find that sort of work a bit scary. After all, Seventh is the division with the most consistent combat interaction these days. Sure, Fourth will be deployed to take out hollows as needed. But Seventh when out in the field have to be prepared for a fight at any time while also performing Konso and other duties. It takes someone with a fair ammount of guts to go for that division. Not to mention, you don't really see soul society as often depending on how busy it is." She noted, closing her eyes. She herself had considered that squad once upon a time, but ultimately, it meant being around strangers mostly, and humans at that.

"Myself? I'm currently in the Sixth Division." She pointed out. After all, she didn't simply plan on remaining where she was. Regardless of her current situation, she had always been on the lookout for a means of advancement. Something more. There was certainly benefits to being part of the police force. But it was not something she was content with. She didn't know....exactly what it was she wanted. But she knew that she wasn't going to find it in Sixth. Truth be told.... she had been considering Eigth. If only to perhaps get an idea of what she was really craving.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:25 pm

HIROE MIYASHIRO

Hiroe carefully contemplated the woman's words, quietly reflecting on them as she surveyed her zanpakuto. She was undeniably correct. The earth division was not a place one simply joined without a huge commitment on their end. It required traveling to Earth, possibly for long periods, to say nothing of the other factors Yuri stated just now.

The thought of joining Hana was tempting, but if she was reflecting on the long-term path here, joining this division might compromise her availability with the friends she cherished most. It definitely required some forethought.

Eighth division, then? It allowed her the freedom to assist other divisions without a firm compromise, and it allowed her to make a decision later down the road. With the collection of people that occupied the fourth and the slew of rumors that were passed around, Hiroe couldn't imagine the fourth. She simply couldn't envision meshing with any of them particularly well.

"If you don't mind my asking, how has it been for you in the sixth? Do you regret that decision? Has it been something worthwhile? Do you enjoy the people you interact with on a daily basis?"

NEW RECRUIT

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:25 pm

Hm? Well what do you know, the noticed a look of contemplation of all things on the student's face. A pleased smile forming on her lips as no short amount of enjoyment welled up from her advice not just being heeded,. but digested properly. Far too many empty headed idiots running around only taking her words at face value and pretending to consider them.

"Busy. It's a very demanding division to be in as an officer. And the work is certainly what man might consider ... dull. Its challenge lies more in one's ability to focus and dedicate themselves to their work. Enforcing the laws of the realm in soul society is no simple task after all. And at times it can be rather thankless depending on where in the rukongai you are. I have been in the division for some time. And I'll admit. It perhaps hasn't quite ....challenged me in the ways I had initially hoped." She noted, not giving a clear negative or positive response. "I've learned a lot, and it's helped me become who I am today. But I will admit, that it isn't perhaps where I think I'll ultimately end up. Which is another thing to consider. There is a difference between what division you wish to be in in the present, and what division you ultimately wind up in." She pointed out.

"Like any carreer, your role and even division may change as you mature, and the needs of soul society change. Certainly I'm sure you're aware of a time when they were far less focused in a division's goals. Perhaps you join a division because you like the work. Perhaps you want to challenge yourself to improve in a particular area. And that may change over time. And certainly lateral movement is something that happens in the Gotei. So don't feel like you'll be stuck with whatever division you choose to begin with." She pointed out. Admittedly the speech was smooth and fluid, practiced to say say the least. After all, this was a talk she gave to many of her students she tutored.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:27 am

HIROE MIYASHIRO

Hiroe found herself filled with a sense of relief, an inward satisfaction that assuaged the worry that she might suffer from the finality of her choice. Even she didn't quite know where she wanted to go. There was a certainty in the path, but the long-term was always the most important part. The Gotei wasn't simply some crowning accomplishment. She had long since realized that.

It was a career that demanded something more than ambition, a sacrifice that demanded blood, sweat, and tears. If Hiroe had to use a comparison to the realm of the living, it was no different from enlisting in the military. Even so, it was precisely because she had vowed to pursue it till the end that she wanted to give it her all.

To half-ass it would only invite shame in her spirit. Taking it seriously was priority number one. Listening to the woman talk about her experience in her own division was welcomed food for thought. At once, it had offered its fair share of experience, and yet she seemed unsatisfied with it so far, as though she desired something else in the long term. The notion only validated that it was fruitful to heed the woman's words, though she hardly needed any further validation regarding her long-term ambitions.

"If you don't mind me asking... where do you think you'll end up next? What division do you think will test you in the way you desire, Miss Aiban?"

It was worth the venture, she thought, if nothing else than to maintain this line of conversation before they ultimately shifted to another. She was a significant source of information and experience, and Hiroe wanted to explore everything she reasonably could. After all, it would play a great part in her final decision when graduation day finally arrived.

NEW RECRUIT

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum