Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 Empty Re: There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]

Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:57 pm
There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 GErtDg6

NATASHA MILLER | HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER

"Oof, ya got me there. Sorry, older sister. I'll act a lil' bit closer to my age."

Trading one retort for another, Natasha feigned a defeated disposition on the couch as she stuck her tongue out. Everything she said was wholly correct. All of that misery was in the past now. To be sure, part of her genuinely would have gone to great lengths to avoid her sister seeing her bloodied and battered in a hospital. That was simply the product of an older sibling's pride, after all.

The profound need to avoid looking anything but weak in those sky-blue eyes. In any case, she was here now, and that's all that really mattered, honestly. The moment the woman exclaimed surprise at her physical constitution, Natasha chortled softly.

"Nope. My title reign won't be endin' any time soon, Jo. Just look at these guns."

Flexing her arms, underscoring the toned muscle of her biceps, Natasha flashed an exaggerated grin, as though attempting to resemble one of her favorite wrestlers. She supposed her shock was warranted after not seeing her in years, but her physical attributes felt almost natural to her. Turning her eyes to the kitchen, she gestured with a smile.

"Anyways. Nuff' bout me. What about you, Jo? How's life been in the states? The world? Found mister right? Settled down? I got questions too, ya know."

END POST | ALL IS WELL, SAFELY REST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 Empty Re: There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]

Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:19 pm
There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 HEADER__android_18_dragon_ball_and_1_more_drawn_by_libeuo_liveolivel__c86bf1556d2c15dfae1c39f79c1ee60c

"You'd best~ " She chimed triumphantly, as if to settle the matter entirely despite the clear feigned nature of Natasha's defeated tone. A fondness sneaking into her smile as she sat herself onto the couch, turned entirely toward her sister as she raised her brows. Holy hell, was that Natasha with GUNS?! And not the kind she usually had! An appreciative whistle escaped her as she tilted her head. "Well damn Nat. That's impressive. And is this young fella that went and brought you some comfort food in the hospital a fan?" She ventured, a sly little smirk on her lips as she brought up THAT little detail that Natasha had shared.

Though when the subject turned around to her, she shrugged her shoulders. "It's been alright. Things have been getting a little...hairy in some places. Where I loved was having a problem with some thugs with spiritual powers for a while and it was a whole thing." She sighed with a shake of her head, rubbing the back of her head. " Hell a couple of the idiots wound up being brought to the hospital some...five years ago? I think I told you about it....well anyway. But well, Since then I wound up movin back in with Ma and Pa. But as for boys well, much to Ma's chagrin, I'm still not seeein anyone." She chuckled and sighed. Certainly it had been nice to be with her parents, but that HAD come with drawbacks. The subject of a husband being one of them.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:43 pm

"Dunno if I'd go so far as to say he's a fan or anythin, but he does think pretty fondly of me. At least... I'd like to think so. Either way, he's a good kid."

Natasha pondered that thought for one moment before moving toward a new mode of conversation. What graced her ears next hardly came as much of a surprise. Living under the roof of one's parent's had the inevitable habit of becoming a double-edged sword over an extended period. The subject of marriage was once somewhat troublesome for her, but that boat of regret had long since sailed.

Currently, she didn't even have any notion of humoring romance. What was the pressure like on Joli's end? She wondered. It was also unfortunate to hear about whatever forced her out of living in her last location. Of course, she was always free to hang out here, if she so desired.

"That so? Ma was always throwin' a fit about me gettin' married, too. S'alright, though. I wouldn't sweat it too much, sugar. Lookin' like you do at yer age? You've got a treasure chest of men you can probably pick from. If livin' under that roof ever bothers ya too much, my door's always open, Jo. Hell, speakin' of Ma and Pa, guess who visited me a few months ago?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:33 pm
There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 HEADER__android_18_dragon_ball_and_1_more_drawn_by_himiko_326ontheweb__sample-0e24a6af7c2cfaf8b1cab555c43a0578

That smile of hers slowly widened as she listened to Natasha's story. "I should certainly hope so. If he done and got you some food while you weren't feelin well. Heh, maybe you should introduce us sometime." She ventured with an impish little grin. A fella who could cook well and had good manners? She certainly could do with meeting some of the folks Natasha hung around, especially such an upstanding fella like this one.

Alas the subject of her friends kinda came and went, much to her chagrin with Natasha seeming to engage a bit more in the topic. Joli's eyes rolled to the side, avoiding direct eye contact for a moment. "Yea it's a real hoot. I'm thinkin of finding myself a good place to settle down for a while. Especially after the last place I lived. But honestly roun the states, ya can't go two miles without running into a spot with some rough environments." She sighed, shaking her head a few times and itching the back of her neck. "Honestly, some days I wish I'd been born with that Quincy Knack you had Nat. Would be nice not to have to shuffle around on account of those beasts and Shadows." She murmured, pausing for a moment as she ....considered that last question, glancing back to Natasha.

"Don tell me Pa done showed up to give you a hard time did he?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:15 pm

"Of course. I'd gladly introduce ya, Del'. His Mom says he can always use more friends, though do try goin' easy on him if meet 'im. He's somethin' of a shy customer, and he's not really what I'd consider a social butterfly. Despite all that, kid's got a great heart."

Natasha pondered Joli's words. They resonated well enough for her to understand. In an ideal universe, she would have welcomed a world where her sister shared a similar skillset to her own. In this realm, upturned by so many abnormalities, it was essential to possess some noteworthy skill to defend one's self. Otherwise, most were condemned to live their lives under the ardent hope that people like the Vandenreich or the Gotei were there to rescue them from harm.

Since neither option for rescue was immediately available, let alone on demand, it made the notion of safety tenous, where one's tommorow was not always promised if they found themselves locked in a compromising position. Cocking her head to the side with a grin, she shot a finger forward as though a lightbulb went off in her head.

"Why not settle down here, Jo? This city's full of people just like me and pops. ...Though, I reckon it might not be all that endearing of a location considerin' what ya saw on television. I reckon it's plenty better than what ya could find in other parts of the States nowadays, though. Somethin' to consider, at the very least, ya know?"

Natasha then shifted into the other mode of conversation, maintaining that grin, even if it went noticeably sheepish at Joli's inquiry.

"Nope. Quite the opposite, actually. After hearin' about what happened with the city bein' attacked, he visited me outta' nowhere. Had somethin' of a mighty ole' heart to heart and now he's been visitin' a lot when he can find time. S'been thinkin' about findin' a place to stay ever since. If my funds are agreeable, I've been thinkin' I might buy him a place, but that's a conversation we've reserved for some time soon, maybe once all this ruckus dies down in the heart of Africa."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:52 am
There You'll Be[Joli, Natasha]  - Page 2 HEADER__android_18_dragon_ball_and_1_more_drawn_by_himiko_326ontheweb__sample-0e24a6af7c2cfaf8b1cab555c43a0578

"Hm, that so? Well I'll have to see for myself at some point. And no promises." She added with a playful little smile, though Nat probably knew she wouldn't bully the kid too much. He was a kid Nat seemed pretty fond of after all. Though given Nat's tendencies she wouldn't be unsure that that wasn't an uncommon occurrence. Especially in an organization like the Vandenreich. Buncha folks keeping the world a safer place, Seemed like just the kinda place that would draw a lot of peopple Nat would be fond of.

" Hah, I dunno about all that. I've gotten used to cities. But ... an island? That might take a bit of gettin used to. Heck its so darn far away from everything else too. I enjoy a bit of wide open." She pointed out, buuuut did pause as she considered such a thing. Hmmm. Thoughts for another time. She'd been focused on a lot, maybe she just needed to figure a few things out for now.

But well, the explanarion about Dad had her brows going WAY up in surprised. "Whoa, you weren't kiddin..." She trailed off, folding her arms before.... a soft little smile formed over her lips. Not in the least bit as surprised as Natasha seemed to have been. "Sheesh, he's even thinkin o comin here? Can't say I'm surprised. You know how Pa is, I bet he wanted to be somewhere he could keep an eye on you." She teased, reaching out and giving a little playful sock to Natasha's shoulder before giving a chuckle. "Still, that's nice ya'll are getting all that sorted out. Yer all healed up, and things seem to be goin pretty alright for team Miller." She noted with a sly little smirk.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:53 pm

"Guess there's no arguin' with that train of thought. Ya always did strike me as more of a city girl at heart."

Natasha offered a playful shrug. Joli was free to make her own decisions in life. Whether or not that equaled rooting herself in the City of Lights was largely inconsequential. As long as she was protected, that's all that mattered in the grand scheme of things. Continuing along the line of conversation involving her father, Natasha maintained an upbeat grin as she nudged Joli's shoulder in return. Truth be told, between that reunion with her old man and this current one with Jo, Natasha truly couldn't be any happier. The outlook was grand, to be sure, but moving past the mess in Africa was priority numero uno. For now, she rose up from her spot on the couch, gesturing for the woman to follow her with a hand.

"Darn tootin' it is. Figured my dad was gonna work his ol' self back into my life one way or another. M'not complainin', though. I'm happy we're patchin' things up, and I'm happy you've graced me with yer company, Jo. Now, let me cook ya up somethin' nice. All this conversation has worked up my appetite, and I'm mightily sure you wanna fill your pallet with somethin' other than airplane grub."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:16 pm

Jo snorted softly and gave a dismissive wave. "Hey none of that now. I was always the more outdoorsy type I'll have you know. Sure I wound up taking an inside job, but when it came to Camping I was always the first one on the job. Even if I wasn't the best at it." She noted with an upward tip of her chin and a smile on her face.

She did, however, pause a bit as she thought back to those days. Wondering for a moment about how she was when she was little. But that gave way to a smile as Natasha settled into the happiness of the situation. "Well, just make sure you keep an eye on him. There's a lot of colorful folks around this place." She sighed, reaching up and rubbing the back of her neck. "S'still so weird. I ran into an arrancar out on the street just the other day. Not that long ago, we had demons waltzing about too." She sighed lightly and rolled her shoulders, looking toward the window for a moment as that brief thought once again inhabited her mind.

What if she had been the one who had wound up enlisting instead of Natasha? She couldn't have imagined herself winding up in any sort of similar situation.

"Tho from what I hear I guess earth's a might bit nicer than Hway con Mun Dow? Ughh, glad I never have to worry about findin out what that place is like." she chuckled, tilting her head a bit as she looked to her sister. "You ever been there sis? I mean, for work and such."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:49 pm

"M'just bustin' yer chops, sis. We're a couple o' outdoor girls at heart. I still like to go camping every now and then, even if there ain't many spots to camp out on an island like this."

A soft chortle brushed against her lips as she scoured and explored her fridge for ingredients in the kitchen. Again, there was no pressure. Joli was her own woman. She'd feel awful if she forced her into any decisions. Her father, on the other hand, seemed quite rooted in the idea of enjoying some time here. Whatever the case, as long as her family was happy, she was happy. Nothing more to it than that. Then, the conversation moved onto something else that left her raising an eyebrow.

"I probably know one of em'. If not, I intend on meetin' them in person one day."

Arrancar, huh? It was probably Ulquiorra or one of the other Arrancars who joined recently. She'd been meaning to meet that gothic-lookin' lady one of these days. Maybe she could use some company. Adapting to life in a city full of Quincy who were likely on high alert in the aftermath of Ichigo Kurosaki's attack was probably a tall order.

"Nah, he's in good company. He'll be fine. S'long as he ain't causin' trouble, I can't imagine he'll end up in too much trouble here. Far as the demons go, I'm glad there ain't much of em' to be found in the City. Ya know how I feel about their kind, Jo."

Sighing softly, Natasha recognized the racism inherent in those words just now, but what of it? It wasn't as if that opinion wasn't shared by half of the general public. Anyway, the subject of Hueco Mundo was a welcome reprieve, her pronunciation of the name eliciting a firm chuckle. Hway Cow Mundow, eh?

"Nah. None that I can remember. Unlike those ghost samurai, we don't exactly have the tools or means to traverse realms. From what I gather, though, earth's mightily superior in comparison. All I hear about that place is that it's full of sand and hollow mercilessly murderin' other hollow. Not the place I'd go to for a vacation..."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:40 pm

Joli nodded softly at that and gave her sister an amused look as if to question that statement. Hmph, she couldn't help but wonder if Natasha was becoming more and more of a city girl by the year. But she kept that little comment to herself. Perhaps she'd just invit Nat to go out camping sometime and see just how much of her old outdoorsyness she still had in her.

Though as the subject centered a bit more squarely on the city itself, she let out a little sigh and paused at Natasha's sentiment. Was it really racism? It was more speceism. Well whatever it was, she didn't make a fuss over it. She knew damn well what Natasha had lost. "I hope so. Honestly I been secretly hoping he'd find somewhere to settle. Always had a bet with myself he'd wind up in Barbados or somethin, heh, though I guess this place is pretty tropical. Pretty much the same right?" She noted with a lopsided little smirk. Not a bad place to retire, but she hardly had that on the brain just yet.

How long would that last? If she really thought about it, would that be so bad? Find some cushy little job around the island and live out her days in what seemed to be paradise? The mental image of herself hanging out on a beach with a tan of nary a care in the world was ...briefly inviting. But she had far too much in mind before then. She had a lot to do, dreams to chase!

...Right?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum