Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue16000/12023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Empty 2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:03 pm
2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Ee0osx9
SOCIAL THREAD OF THE YEAR

I. What's OTY?

In this event, we're looking through all of 2023 and picking out what we think was the best content of the year.

In this thread in particular you'll nominating what you believe is the social thread of the year! Nominate the non-combat thread that you think displayed the best instance of character writing, development, or just general interpersonal interaction.

These nominations, it should be noted, do not apply to threads which were part of Site Events (i.e. AfriCatastrophe or Fight Night). Those threads should be nominated under Event Thread of the Year.

II. OTY Rules

1. Each member can only submit one nomination per category, so think hard on it.
2. Make sure you name the actual members relevant to your nomination.
3. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF.

These nominations will close after 1 week!

2023 OF THE YEAR
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Empty Re: 2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:49 pm
Thread name: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t24122-community-outreach-kanae-tsubine

Why?

It was one of the tensest threads I have read in a very long time, on edge and well chosen words almost eliciting a fight each one. Tsubine though for me took the cake, not only dissuading the Captain of the 4th not to throw hands but to kind of back away. It is genuinely a duel of wit and tongue, which takes the cake for me. Kanae though also demonstrating she is more than a blade, it paints an interesting view on the character which I thoroughly enjoy, showing not all battles are fought with the sword.

Last edited by Valqy on Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue0/02023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Empty Re: 2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations

Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:08 pm
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t24586-too-many-bridges-to-cross-over-reida-safira

Let me cut my promo. I've always been a fan of threads that follow a concise/connected narrative when it comes to any form. Combat, Social, Event, et-cetera, whatever. I read the past thread with Reida and Safira while the Rawk and Gamma were bursting it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and went on my merry way. That provided context for some of Reida's past and even a measure of her pain, but then we got even more goodies with Reida and Akira crossing paths, and him asking her if her current goals were truly achievable under the Vandenreich. All of that eventually culminated in this thread right here. Safira, playing the role of an innocent arrancar lost on the battlefield, bit by bit, page by page, is asking questions, filling her mind and thoughts with things she wants to hear. Reida already teetering over the edge, her hollow side is messing with her, and she's reflecting on her thoughts of her conversation with Akira prior, her thoughts on the recent events in the COL. Great elements for a well-written thread. Oh, and there will likely be more on the horizon of this storyline, I imagine.

Obviously, I could probably go on for hours(as you can see, hehe, whoops), but this one gets my pick.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue16000/12023 Social Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:36 am
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t24504-an-evening-for-sight-seeing-liltotto-sigurd

I think this is a thread that does an absolutely stellar job conveying the characters involved in it, even when they come from radically different places. Sigurd, obviously, isn't someone that's typically interacting with a member of the Vandenreich on good terms, but he manages being undercover exceptionally well, and while I think a lesser writer would have simply had him be "shady and sketchy but not objectively a problem," Sieg does an outstanding job of playing a very believable sort of undercover agent. He ingratiates himself, he acts like a real person. It's great stuff, and seeing Liltotto interact with him, being reasonably suspicious of this strange guy without being unrealistically aware of his true intentions is really great to read. The balance between the tension of Sigurd's true motives, and the earnest interaction between the two characters, makes it all great.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum