Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Checkup Left_bar_bleue0/0Checkup Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Checkup Empty Checkup

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:14 am
When it came to a clinic, it was a place many people feared, nobody liked going to the hospital or clinic. Often sucking up their sickness or injuries, to avoid visits. However, for Nanaly, this wasn't exactly an option, to her the clinic was almost a second home. The Kamenashi Clinic was Nanaly's place of choice, the Kamenashi were family friends, and Yumiko was a friend the same age as Nanaly, the only Quincy outside of her family she knew.

Today was just a general checkup, where she'd get her prescription refilled and such. Nanaly wouldn't have to wait long to be put into a room. Nanaly would sit up on the table with a light sigh, awaiting care. After a bit the doctor came and went, taking some blood, and overall just checking how Nanaly was doing.

Honestly, she was kind of hoping Yumiko was around, Nanaly had texted her she'd be coming into the clinic today. While the doctor left Nanaly alone in her room, she pulled out her phone, and quickly texted Yumiko.

"All good so far <3"
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Checkup Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Checkup Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Checkup Empty Re: Checkup

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:08 pm
Checkup M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

In the moments after Nanaly had texted Yumiko, she was revisited by her doctor, given her prescription details, told her it was shipped to her local pharmacy, and asked to wait a few minutes longer for the results of her blood test. Along with that, came a faint, but potentially familiar, sound of a motorcycle pulling up to the Kamenashi Clinic; and the more immediate 'ping' of a received text message.

"Be there soon, glad it's going well~ <3"

Outside of the clinic, Yumiko divested herself of her helmet, shaking her head gently to help release her hair from its imprisonment; her ever present drill bouncing and bobbing with the motion of her head. Her hair, seemingly unaffected by her helmet, was soon gently positioned out of her eyes by Yumiko's gloved hand as she turned off her motorcycle, and then peeled off the jacket and gloves she had also been wearing. Even if she was a supernatural being with far more amazing reflexes and capabilities to save herself in a crash, it was still best to practice proper protection.

With everything stored properly within a compartment of her bike, Yumiko locked up her motorcycle, took her keys, and ventured inside of the clinic and waved hello to those who were familiar with her. Much like Nanaly, she had been coming to her family's clinic since childhood. However, even if she was the daughter of Toshiko, she didn't exactly have any special rights aside from skipping lines occasionally. Regardless, Yumiko stood by the door she knew Nanaly would soon emerge from; waiting to greet her longest, and closest, friend; and determined to take her for a leisurely ride on her motorcycle. After all, a leisurely ride would be fine for the woman.

Regardless, Yumiko stood waiting to greet Nanaly as soon as she was finished inside; which shouldn't take too much longer, hopefully. In the meantime, however, Yumiko enjoyed herself by messing around on her phone, waiting in her casual clothing, and clearly excited to spend time with Nanaly once again.

END POST | PRODIGAL DAUGHTER

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:55 am
The small Quincy was kicking her legs as they dangled over the examination table, looking at her phone. Not even noticing the doctor. Truth be told, she had heard the same speech hundreds of times at this point. As the doctor spoke, Nanaly perfectly recited it in her head. Once that was over, she thanked the doctor and stood up, leaving the room. After a small chat with the receptionist to schedule her next appointment. After a little bit of texting with her father and brother, she was finally free for the day!

As Nanaly returned to the waiting room, that was where she spotted Yumiko on her phone. It didn't take much for Nanaly to walk over and give her a playful flick on the forehead, to draw her attention. "Well, same as usual, come get my prescription refilled. The blood work was pretty good though. Drawing it is always the hard part." The Quincy pointed a finger directly at her chest, where her heart would be located. "She hates working overtime" Drawing blood was difficult for Nanaly, it took several tries, as they couldn't draw it all in one attempt.

"I... dunno why I always have to come here every month. The blood work is always the same and I haven't switched prescription since I was 12..." It was always weird, like it was a waste of time, at least to Nanaly. "Don't get me started on the injections. I don't know if I told you, but I used to take these Immunity Boosters, they tasted like orange juice, but I had to switch to this little needle a few months ago. They're stronger and I only take them once every week..."

That was good news at least. With a few playful punches directed at Yumiko's stomach, she would speak up. "Oh! So where are you taking me today?" She laughed. "I have a lot I wanna tell you!" Nanaly had that smile on her face, one that Yumiko likely had seen a ton of, as it was rare to not see Nanaly smiling.
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 pm
Checkup M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Yumiko was quite engorged in her phone, and with the game she was playing, so much so that she barely noticed Nanaly approaching her until the woman flicked her on the forehead! It's not like it hurt or anything, but the action briefly brought a scowl to Yumiko's face before she looked up and saw who it was; her face brightening into a big smile once she saw her best friend. Of course it was the same as usual, but Yumiko couldn't help but be happy to know that nothing had changed; unless it was something for the better. Yumiko carefully placed a finger on Nanaly's chest, right where she pointed before Yumiko let out a gentle sigh. Her oldest friend certainly gave her the biggest reason to worry, but she was still glad to know that she was doing alright. Not to mention, what Nanaly said gave Yumiko more reason to be concerned, however the woman still had a smile on her face.

"Yes, you do know Nanaly. It's so you can try and keep her from working overtime, as much as possible; and make sure that nothing has changed. Quincy or not, we're still susceptible to the weakness of flesh. We both know this all to well."

Yumiko tapped her prosthetic as if to reinforce her point, a quiet 'tink' sound coming from the prosthetics around her legs. However, instead of worrying about the point more, Yumiko made a playful show in response to Nanaly punching her in the stomach; albeit Nanaly did encounter Yumiko's relatively hard abs with every playful punch that met their mark.

With the same playful air, Yumiko took Nanaly's hand without a care of what people thought and led the woman outside and to her motorcycle; where Yumiko unlocked the bike, and began taking out the gear she had prepared for them. Helmets and a leather jacket, along with a few more things for Nanaly; but she only need wear them if she chose too. Afterwards, Yumiko pat the helmet and smiled.

"Wherever you want to go in Japan, and I do mean that seriously. But we can also stick to more local if you wish. I'd rather avoid over-exciting you; no matter how daring you're feeling."

Yumiko placed her helmet upon the bike's handlebars and sat upon the bike, moving her kickstand back up. She had yet to start the bike, but pat the seat to invite Nanaly to sit behind her.

"Get on~ If you want me to go fast just ask. But, tell me immediately if something feels wrong, okay?"

Yumiko smiled at Nanaly, waiting for the woman to get upon the motorcylce before Yumiko started the vehicle, the motorcycle roaring to life below them. Yumiko hummed as she tested to make sure it wouldn't shut off on them before she slipped her helmet on, waited for Nanaly to hang on tight before she took them out of the clinic's parking lot and onto the street; driving the speed limit... For now.

"Where to~?"

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 am
"Yeah yeah..." She had heard this all before. Not just from Yumiko but her father and brother as well. That didn't take away from her feeling of fatigue, that monthly visit on her calendar was like a timebomb, it was either going to be an inconvenience or she was going to learn the worst on that day. Plus those overnight stays... the "Get Well Soon" cards from distant family only added to her dread of visiting. Bloodwork made her lack energy so she needed someone while she recovered throughout the day. Usually, her brother or father would bring her, though she asked Yumiko, as she knew the two of them were busy on this particular day. It was final exams in her father's classes while her brother was working himself.

Nanaly would whistle as she was taken outside, enjoying the weather and the fresh air she finally got to experience today. Nanaly would take the second helmet and place it on her head. Thinking about where to go was always the hardest part of this thing, she ALWAYS got to pick, which did make sense. Every option that came into her head was quickly taken over by the next, Nanaly could have easily said her brother's bar, but he was out.

"I'd say we go to Doku's, but Helen is in town and... well it's only fair he hangs out with her. Plus, it's finals week for my Dad's college. So he wanted to be there. Which is why I asked you. Thanks for picking me up." A brief pause as she thought about her final picks as to where to eat.

"Let's just keep it simple, maybe some sandwiches? Isn't there that deli not too far? The one with the meatball subs"

As she spoke Nanaly gazed off into the distance, sitting on the bike she scooted close to Yumiko, wrapping her arms around her waist, while resting her head against her shoulder. The driver would likely be able to feel Nanaly's cold hands, which wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Veint hums and chirps escaped from Nanaly, humming a trendy song. As she waited for them to disembark.

"I... made a new friend. Someone like you and me. Meni. She's a Quincy! She's from the Vandenreich. But she's gonna help me bulk up a little and get some muscle mass!"
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm
Checkup M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Yumiko had decided it was best not to reply to her 'Yeah Yeah' from before, and instead had decided to tackle the situation later. Yumiko figured now wasn't the best time to discuss it... But she did try to help Nanaly understand she just didn't wish to see her friend... She didn't wish to see Nanaly's life cut short. Frankly speaking, Yumiko would love it if Nanaly could obtain a transplant, or some other form of medical miracle that would allow her to better enjoy live; then again, Yumiko also understood such things were quite unlikely...

Regardless! Today was a day to be enjoyed, and that's what she was going to do. Yumiko reached a hand down before they had completely left the parking lot, and held one of Nanaly's hands. Not only was it an attempt to warm up her consistently cold hands, but also to help reassure the woman... And to encourage her to hold on just a bit tighter; just in case. Afterwards, Yumiko smiled gently.

"Sure, meatball subs it is~ Hang on tight!"

Yumiko grinned as she peeled out of the parking lot and onto the busy street, leaning over, and making Nanaly follow her lean, as she sped up; wind whistling as they accelerated. Sure, Yumiko and Nanaly could travel far faster than this if they needed; but Yumiko loved riding her souped-up bike. So she put it through it's paces, intending to give Nanaly a comfortable ride, but one that was exciting enough without causing her heart to work overly hard.

Saving their conversation for arrival, Yumiko treated Nanaly to one part swift ride, and one part leisurely ride as they neared their destination. During the quieter part of their ride, and when Yumiko began to pull into the parking lot of the sandwich shop, the Quincy carefully pulled off her helmet while they were still moving; placing it between her handlebars as they trundled into parking spaces meant for motorcycles.

"Meni...? I must not have met her at work... Then again, there's so many different areas of the Vandenreich, it's no wonder I haven't met her. But, I wish you luck Nanaly. Just be careful, exercising and bulking up will probably overwork the old girl too."

Yumiko smiled gently once more holding one of Nanaly's hands as they finally settled into the parking spot Yumiko chose; the Quincy squeezing Nanaly's hand tenderly. She knew Nanaly was strong, shit she basically has known the woman all her life; but she couldn't help but always be concerned. While both were technically handicapped despite their supernatural nature, Yumiko couldn't help but worry about Nanaly; after all, a weak heart was dangerous to anyone.

"Ready to go in, or do you need a second more? Can always put your hands in my pockets, I think I still have some hand warmers in there~"

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:48 pm
As Nanaly sat behind Yumiko, the woman would lightly feel Nanaly drumming on her thighs as they rode. She couldn't exactly SPEAK, so she just rested against Yumiko's back, despite flying around everywhere wind was very refreshing on her face and hair. As soon as they arrived, Nanaly got off the bike, the smell of sandwiches leaked from the shop, making Nanaly even more eager to get her hands on a sandwich. She shook her head and laughed, flexing her nonexistent muscles. "I'm so strong~"

"Though it'll be good, it'll train the old girl to get stronger!" She balled her fist up and pounded her chest softly. Regardless it would be good to grow stronger, Nanaly never really worked out it was tough for her, but making her blut work overtime would probably help it grow stronger.

"D-don't make it weird!" Nanaly protested, her face turning a soft hue of pink. Yumiko's hands were warm, almost pulling her friend into the sandwich shop. Tightly gripping on her as she dragged her inside. It had that small vibe, a hole in the wall.

There was a line, but considering the time it made sense, right around lunchtime. So all types of different folk waited for their food. Nanaly inched her way closer to the line, speaking to Yumiko for small talk.

"And so Doku and Helen went to the movies, but they're not dating..." She rolled her eyes. Yumiko was likely well-informed of who Helen was. A family friend from America whom Doku was hopelessly in love with. "Yatagurasu is doing well, well that's what he told me. Something about importing drinks makes him stick out in his little area... most of the other bars stock local Japanese stuff. Sake, Whiskey, and Beer. So Doku is starting to sell rum and stuff like that. I sent Meni the address. Maybe one day the three of us can go and hang out?" She suggested, wanting to introduce her two friends to one another.

As Nanaly reached the front of the line she would quickly order her sandwich. A meatball sub, waiting for Yumiko to order. Nanaly would take their ticket and number and scurry over to an open table. Sitting down, in the booth, letting Yumiko sit next to or across from her. Whichever she preferred. She kicked her feet eagerly.
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:02 pm
Checkup M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Even if Nanaly had requested that Yumiko not make it weird, the Quincy simply had a tiny smirk on her face after she had put everything away and Nanaly continued to hold her hand; dragging Yumiko into the shop. The whole time they waited in line, Yumiko held Nanaly's hand gladly. She was glad to warm the woman's soft hands, but also it gave a semblance of comfort that Yumiko was glad to enjoy. Even if they didn't think the things they did seemed couple-like, they often got mistaken for a couple... Yumiko didn't mind, even if it had been quite embarrassing at times.

"Doku strikes me as the kind of guy who would do that... He must not have the spine to ask her. And I'm glad to hear that Yatagurasu is doing well."

Yes... Doku's bar. Frankly speaking, Yumiko had never been there. After all, Yumiko is only 18 years old, despite her elevated intelligence and overall knowledge of things at her age, she is still but 18. Suffice to say, alcohol and Yumiko weren't something that came together often... But, hanging out with Nanaly? Yumiko was more than glad to. They were like sisters, frankly speaking; and Yumiko was more than glad to do many things with her, and for her.

"Of course we can go, Nanaly. You'll have to introduce me to Meni. And I'm sure Doku would be happy to see us."

Yumiko turned her attention to the cashier, not noticing that she was still holding hands with Nanaly until the woman had let go of her own accord to take their ticket and number. Meanwhile, Yumiko ordered a meat-lovers sub, and a side salad to go with it. Even if Yumiko was small, she had to keep her protein intake up at certain times. Six packs don't grow themselves, after all.

After Yumiko paid for their food, the woman followed a few paces behind Nanaly, scooching into the booth next to Nanaly; where she briefly rested her head upon Nanaly's shoulder. Mainly, it was a gesture to try and comfort Nanaly a bit, without going into things that were seen as less acceptable in public. It was a small gesture, but hopefully one that warmed Nanaly a bit. With the passage of time, unless Nanaly had rested her head upon Yumiko's, the young Quincy would lift her head from the woman's shoulder. Pulling out her phone, the Quincy hummed as she considered a few things.

"How's Doku doing, aside from failing to ask out Helen and doing well with his bar? And, what about you? Aside from all the medical shit, and all that. What made you want to work out? And what do you plan to do?"

It was a genuine question, but Yumiko's silver eyes were piercing... perhaps a bit too perceptive for Nanaly's liking at times. Regardless, Yumiko had her best friend's, her sister's, interests at heart. Even if Yumiko knew something would be dangerous for Nanaly, as long as it wasn't too dangerous, she was willing to help her as much as possible. After all, Yumiko knew that Nanaly deserved to enjoy life to its fullest.

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:35 pm
Nanaly was bouncing and humming as she thought about the food she ordered. Though hearing her brother was without a spine caused her to chuckle lightly. "It doesn't help Helen lives in America, he can't exactly use his portal to get over there. But when Helen visits it's a pretty big deal" She folded her arms, explaining things. "Helen still kinda owns the bar. So she supplies him stuff"

"How much do I owe you?" Nanaly began to reach into her little pants, pulling out her wallet. While playing away at her phone, she was playing a brainless puzzle game. "Yumikooooo" She slid her phone to her friend. "Beat this level!" Level 597.

If Yumiko accepted she would watch her friend play the level while she answered her question. "He's doing well. Business is up. He got a cook, so he's able to serve bar food. America and German stuff."

She paused at the question, thinking about the answer for a second. "A lot of reasons..." She looked off, looking towards the window of the restaurant. "Well, working out could help with my heart and immune system. My blut is getting stronger, but I don't want it doing all the heavy lifting. Plus, I wanna USE my powers for something. Who else is gonna take out those nasty Hollows? Right now I can only take out the weak ones. I wanna keep the city clean you know?"

She took a deep breath and sipped at her water cup. " Plus, getting stronger would feel great. I don't want my stupid condition to define who I am. So I gotta work past it. Plus, I wanna live a little, I can't be stuck in my apartment with dad all my life..."
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:29 pm
Checkup M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

To be fair, it was of relative truth. Doku had always struck Yumiko as the kind of person to shy away from asking someone out because of his true nature. After all, she had a feeling that many people wouldn't enjoy getting their ear talked off... But that was besides the point. With the tidbit of information that Helen lives in the U.S., and that she still kinda owns Doku's bar, her being the main supplier made sense; and part of Yumiko really thought Doku should take the dive before someone else takes it before him. After all, in life, this was the best thing to do. Life was limited, even for Quincy, and there was only so much that could be done before death took all.

However, Yumiko was soon distracted from her brutally practical, yet potentially dark, thoughts when Nanaly talked about how much she owed Yumiko, and pulled out a wallet; to which Yumiko gently pushed away.

"Nothing. You should know by now that I refuse to let you pay for our meals; except for on my Birthday."

At the mention of Nanaly's phone, Yumiko slid the device to a preferable angle for her right hand and began to tap upon it; glancing now and then. This was quite typical, to be honest. This was perhaps one of the most complex of Nanaly's game, except for perhaps a few games that weren't too high-stakes or exciting that Yumiko had convinced her to download. However, within a few taps, swipes, and an odd twist, Yumiko had passed the phone back to her friend, moving her own phone so she could keep an eye on it. In those moments, Yumiko put her head back on Nanaly's shoulder, clearly satisfied with the contact and the capability to simply enjoy each other's company.

"Very well..."

Yumiko carefully took her head off Nanaly's shoulder, wiping her mouth and hand on her napkin, showing that half of her own sandwich had already been devoured expertly; with very little mess to speak of. Yumiko then fixed Nanaly with her piercing silver eyes, carefully taking Nanaly's hand within her own.

"Maybe you can work out with me some days. My regimes are too intense for you, but I know your condition and limits better than most; I think we could work up something that would work. And I agree... You should be able to live your life a little, and not be cooped up."

Yumiko perhaps was among the few not of Nanaly's immediately family who knew of the woman's condition quite intimately; up to the point where Yumiko likely had access to the woman's medical files... If she asked her mother politely or hacked into the databases. Either way, Yumiko was of an intent to help her best friend, practically her sister, in whatever way she could. After a good bout of thinking, Yumiko gave Nanaly's hand a gentle squeeze before she returned to her sandwich; and the game that was playing itself upon Yumiko's rather oddly complex device.

"I'll always be here for you, Naly. If you want, we could even start today. Think about it."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum