Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Empty The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero]

Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:25 am
The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] 2uTkx42

KOKUTO | DEVIL OF POWER

Ever since the incident in Africa had started, hell, even since the incident with Ichigo in the City, training had felt more stringent and tough these days. It wasn't anything he couldn't handle, but it was something he noticed. In recent days, one of the newer members was really gettin' irritable. He was even hearing rumors about him around the barracks -- about him working on packing up to change divisions, moving to the Albedochiffren.

He wasn't really one to take stock much in rumors -- but, even still, if that's what he wanted, and it was allowed, so be it. But, if the guy was gettin' irritable, maybe he could get a foot in the door and figure out what was wrong, maybe offer some advice, too. So, making his way back to the barracks, he slipped in, spotting the slim, feminine character ruffling through their belongings.

"Yo. Everythin' alright? Seemed pretty pissed in trainin', need an ear? I'd say 'penny for your thoughts,' buuuut, you haven't really been quiet 'bout it."

END POST | DESIRING ACCEPTANCE
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Empty Re: The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero]

Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:46 pm
The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] DYjcDjC

NERO ARANT | CHILD OF THE FORGOTTEN LEGACY

Even after all these years of training, I'm not even half the warrior he was.

The damnable thought played back to him like a perpetual recording on repeat. Arant in name only, he still felt himself incapable of living up to their glory. His prized archery felt useless so far. The notion of facing opponents who greatly outclassed him was largely inconsequential in his condemnation.

Each arrow ought to be a weapon of unrivaled might, yet his prior opponents - even the one in the tournament - stung his pride with their ability to ignore it, leaving him to wonder if he was cut out for this organization as a whole. And why should he expect anything less?

What could a mere ophan hope to achieve? A man as fair and frail as he? Biting his lip, he dug his nails into the palms of his hand, slumping against the locker in frustration. Nero turned his head upward to gaze at the tall unit of a man before him, an eyebrow upturned in quiet annoyance.

"It's unbecoming of a warrior to express their frustrations and shortcomings. It'll correct itself in due time..."

Nero slowly pulled the bag over his shoulder, his eyes surveying the next area as he dismissively waved a hand in Kokuto's direction. It was rude, no doubt, but he felt there was little to be gained in explaining himself. Of course, when he attempted to walk away, he ended up tripping up on his foot and faltering to the ground.

"D-dammit..."

Another shameful display. How fitting.

END POST | THE PRODIGAL SON

Last edited by Iori on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:49 pm

KOKUTO | DEVIL OF POWER

Well, he certainly was in a foul mood, huh? Bit uppity too, but, he had heard that the guy was part of a pretty important Quincy family, albeit through adoption, but, to him, that distinction didn't matter. Nevertheless, that little detail, plus what he had learned about the Quincy in general, he wasn't entirely surprised that there were quite a few that couldn't put their pride aside.

But, that didn't mean he was going to treat them any different. As Nero slung the bag over his shoulder, promptly tripping shortly after, Kokuto was quick to reach out and grab him by the back of his shirt. A bit of tightness in the front, but it was better than faceplanting, now wasn't it? He wouldn't hold him there long, though, as he was just as quick to pull Nero back up and onto his feet.

"Well, whoever told ya that is an idiot. We might be soldiers, but we're still people. Never a bad thing to talk about what's botherin' ya, y'know."

Crossing his arms over his chest, he raised an eyebrow at Nero.

"We all get hit with shortcomings. Sometimes, talkin' about 'em can help you figure out what's goin' wrong, and where to improve."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Gentle Giant [Kokuto, Nero] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:22 pm

"Eh?"

Nero blinked softly, unaware of his body dangling in the air. He expected the cold hard floor, but Kokuto held him up by the hem of his shirt. The tightness on his neck roused him into full awareness as he swiftly pulled away from the man to regain his composure. The act of kindness didn't make him come across as any more polite, however. A fact made evident in his next response.

"I'm planning on leaving the Sternritter to join the Albedochiffren. There isn't anything else to talk about apart from that."

Of course, that was overwhelmingly false. There were a myriad of emotions he felt at acknowledging the thought. It meant he would be trading in an opportunity at the frontlines in favor of dealing with research and development. In lieu of combat, he would be pen-pushing and working from the background. Such a thought, while not entirely damning, left him with no small amount of shame. He ought to be more. He ought to be great, and yet... he didn't feel anything close to that. A mere footsoldier, just like all the rest. And now, he wasn't even going to be that.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:31 pm

KOKUTO | DEVIL OF POWER

Well, the little guy had quite a bit of salt in him, didn't he? 'Course, he wasn't really expecting to be worshipped or anything from something like that, but he was hoping that he'd at least be a bit nicer. So, he was wanting to ditch the Sternritter and head to the research and development team, huh? He canted his head to the side, resting his cheek against a closed fist.

"That right? Well, far be it from me to try 'n convince ya otherwise."

He peered at Nero a bit more, his hand moving to his chin as he looked him over. He didn't look all that tough, so, it wasn't entirely unreasonable to want to switch out. But, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that it was some whimsical decision. The two branches were so different to the point of being antithetical to one another, after all.

"Buuuuut, I do know that a choice like that ain't somethin' you make randomly. Gotta put thought behind that. Tryin' ta avoid someone in the Sternritter? You sure as shit don't look all that happy about the decision, 'n you don't really look all that excited for new prospects like that."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 pm

"Why does it matter? I simply couldn't cut it here, and I'm learning that the hard way."

At the root of the issue, Nero detested the fact that Kokuto's inquiries were decidedly right on the mark. He was unhappy with his decision, sure, but there was also one man he intended on avoiding at all costs. Shameful warrior that he was now, he couldn't dare show his lackluster ability to the man as he was. The vaunted techniques of his family were something he held in high esteem. That they were not bearing fruits in his hand only made matters all the more damnable. There was a genuine part of him that wanted to be alone currently, but Kokuto was being respectful, while Nero was anything but. Exhaling softly, he turned his head to the ground as he hid his face. His decision was already finalized. He only need to interview the woman spearheading the Steingruft sector. Even so, why did he feel so defeated by that?

"My deepest apologies for the rudeness. I... I'm definitely not in the brightest mood right now. You've been nothing but polite, and quite frankly, I've been less so. Ahem... um... my name is Nero Arant."

Last edited by Iori on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:44 pm

KOKUTO | DEVIL OF POWER

An eyebrow raised as he deflected again. This kind of thing mattered a lot in decisions like that. But, maybe it was something that not everyone did. It didn't seem as simple as just "not cutting it" in the Sternritter. But, he did say that he wasn't going to try and change his mind, it wasn't really his business to anyhow. He did, however, get a pleasant surprise in the young man's change in attitude.

He wasn't one to hold a grudge over some petty squabble like that, but, it was nice to have the tension ease up a bit. A warm smile came from the demon as he reached over and ruffled Nero's hair, not entirely a notion that one would expect from a coworker, especially in a militaristic institution, more one expected of an older sibling.

"Kokuto Rooks. Glad to see the change in tune. Don't sweat it, though. I've heard far worse from far meaner folks. Water under the bridge."

Kokuto stood up, stretched, and started to head toward the door, gesturing for Nero to follow.

"Let's grab a drink, my treat. From what I'm hearin' and seein', seems like you could use it with how much you basically throw yourself at work."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 am

"Glad to find you so forgiving, Kokuto. Most would have walked away or given me the middle finger, I imagine..."

Though he wasn't vocal about it, his expression showed a lighthearted amusement at the familial air Kokuto exuded. He had done some research on this man, his existence showing him that the Vandenreich were indeed open to welcoming anyone who wished to fight under their banner. He never would have imagined the thought of a demon working side-by-side with Quincy, but that was the reality of things.

Of course, his mother always raised him to judge men and women based on the proof of their resumes rather than misconceptions. Honoring that lesson now, he took a moment to regain his composure a little more, stroking his chin in silence. Contemplating the merit of a good drink. He owed him that much after coming across so rudely. Part of why he incurred so much stress was precisely because he chose to avoid taking breaks. It was always a one-way path with him. That was probably the struggle with most youth, he imagined. Failing to see the entire landscape.

"Sure. I could use... a drink. What place did you have in mind, Kokuto?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:44 am

KOKUTO | DEVIL OF POWER

After spending so many years of being hated by most of the population, squabbles like this were petty and tiny by comparison. So, Kokuto just shrugged as the two made their way out of the barracks.

"I ain't gonna turn my back on a comrade who might need help, 'specially not someone 's cute as you. If you kept pushin' me away, though, I probably would have eventually dropped it."

He knew when to push and when not to, especially when it came to folks that were a bit more prickly than others. But, nonetheless, he still wanted to be a pillar of strength for the people of the world, and of the organization he was dedicating himself to -- both on and off the battlefield.

Guiding his effeminate companion through walking a bit further ahead, Kokuto looked around the city as they explored.

"Nothin' too fancy. Small place, still pretty classy, has some nice jazz playin' through the night. Not too expensive, too."

A decent bit of walking, crossing streets, a few corner turns here and there, and the two had arrived. It wasn't too terribly long since they had left the barracks, something that made it nice to visit.

Kokuto didn't bother waiting around, reaching for the door and opening it for his companion, offering a sly wink as he gestured for him to enter. From the outside, it wasn't anything too extravagant, and even as the door was opened, it still held a notable air of modesty to it. The two were promptly seated in a small booth near the halfway point of the room, drinks were ordered, and Kokuto slipped an arm on the table, resting his cheek against his palm.

"So, who's pissin' you off so much that you're switchin' branches?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:33 pm

"As cute as me...?"

A small shade of red momentarily danced across his fair features. Far from accustomed to compliments, he simply took it in stride with a sheepish chuckle. Following the man to their next location, guided by his tall companion, Nero didn't mind the description Kokuto laid out. His appearance and posture may have illustrated an image of elegance, but he never particularly felt as if he were some upstanding nobleman worthy of the best the world had to offer, to say nothing of his upbringing.

As an adopted member of the Arant family, he simply found contentment in being allowed to prove his worth, to care for the family that welcomed him with open arms. From the barracks to the bar, they traveled, Nero offering naught but a polite smile and a nod.

Finally, they would arrive at the location Kokuto chose, glancing up to see Kokuto offering a wink as he was guided into the bar. It didn't go unnoticed, either. His response? Another sheepish smile. He clearly didn't know what it meant to be flirted with, but perhaps this was also a method of lightening a friend's mood? A difficult thought to comprehend, to be certain, but they were here now, neatly sitting in a booth for two as drinks were brought to their table.

Bringing the first glass to his lips, he loosed a soft exhale from his throat as he consumed the chilling drink, pleased by the lightly flavored sourness spreading across his tongue. Turning his gaze to Kokuto, he took a moment to think of how to best reply. He wasn't quite comfortable with relaying information to anyone. But, then, that had been his issue for years. The struggle to freely express oneself. Even so, some form of answer was necessary. And this drink did help... oh, yeah, it helped a lot.

"My Grandfather. One of the new administrators of the Sternritter...."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum