Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira]

Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:21 am
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] JQMycFG
SAFIRA | RED DWARF

"Here we are."

She looked around the dark surroundings, her serpentine features were quite beneficial here for spatial awareness in a hostile environment. Safira did have the garganta take them directly into the facility but a short distance away. She'd killed enough hollows that encroached on the territory when she had began to set this place up that they decided to stay away now.

"We're going to construct a vessel. With my finer expertise on hollow biology and your engineering skills. It should be within our capacity to create a suitable vessel for the others to seal Uroboros into. Then the fusion can proceed."

Safira explained all the details that Catherine needed to know.

CLIMB TO POWER | END POST

The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Gamma_Signature
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] CHARACTER_LISTThe Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] GRAPHICS_THREADThe Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] TIMELINE_THREAD
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty Re: The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira]

Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:55 pm
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] QMnzOTa

"Catherine Reed"

The trip through to the place was quite the unique experience; she'd never gone through the Garganta before, all she had were either written or spoken anecdotes on the journey. She was writing notes upon notes about it, barely finishing as they stepped into a plane of darkness, looking up and around with caution, the use of Signal reassuring that the place was vacant of threats, outside of the potential one she saw before her.

With hardly a skip, she'd reach to her bag to pull a rather... Interesting looking flashlight, possessing what looked to be a tiny head of a hollow obscuring the point light would come out, other biological oddities to the otherwise familiar shape of the object. With a finger flick to a switch, a brief hiss would spit rather light from the "maw", the clicking of a dial both opening the tiny head, and dulling the light to an appropriate level.

Walking along with her, she was expecting of some details in regards to what she was being asked to do here, and indeed the snake had given, "Ahhh that's right, almost forgot you got your power robbed," The slight grin on her face put into question of if that "forgetting" was genuine or not, "So, quick question in a bit of a theoretical: I build this vessel, you get your power back, all should be well n' good... But what's stopping you from turning on me once all's done? Would that be a point you'd consider i'd have worn out my "usefulness" to you?"

END | A Glimmer of Sunlight
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty Re: The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira]

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:06 pm
SAFIRA | RED DWARF

"You're certainly an intelligent young woman but you're not very bright. Why are you worrying about what happens if you do what I ask instead of worrying about what happens if you don't do it?"

Safira poked at her overly cautious nature. It was an intelligent attitude to have since something incomprehensible should elicit a fearful reaction at being unable to understand it, except Catherine had posited the question which the weakened arrancar rebutted quickly. If this was a concern she had then why was it only being raised now after the point of no return had been crossed.

"You don't trust me and that's reasonable. However, if you didn't trust me with your life then taking up my offer to come here was a mistake. I hate when people question my integrity. If you do what I asked of you then I have no reason to harm you."

The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] CHARACTER_LISTThe Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] GRAPHICS_THREADThe Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] TIMELINE_THREAD
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000The Deep of the Woods [Catherine, Safira] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:35 pm

"Catherine Reed"

There was no ceasing in footfalls, a side glance given to the serpent as she gave her answer. It only made that mean little grin just a bit wider; what, did she think she was getting cold feet or something? Given by the speed and assumptive nature of the response it was obvious. Her light calmly projected safe footing, at least until whenever they'd hit a place with lightning, quietly listening to her response as she'd simply let out a brief laugh,

"Ah, I just wanted to know what you'd answer with," Her tone mellowed out as her eyes were fixed someplace between the boundary of light and the darkness ahead, "Usually, my employers are more earnest in broadcasting their intent when i'm this deep. Sorry for questioning your integrity, though. But, I don't trust anybody with my life - that's not just a 'you' thing."

Calmly observing her surroundings, she'd remember to take sketches of everything she could. But, there was probably that lingering rope she should tie up:

"Why would I need to ask about something i'm not interested in? If I wasn't up to do anything, I wouldn't have come. This trip alone's a payment..."

Looking up, she felt appropriate to voice it, "Dunno how to put it, but just being here makes me feel at home - lines up with some anecdotes i've gotten. Pretty creepy, wouldn't say I'm fond of the sensation."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:23 pm
SAFIRA | RED DWARF

The petite woman waved her hand dismissively at the prattle of not trusting anyone with her life, the naïve little girl had already entrusted it the moment she stepped into this place. There was no accessible way out of this realm for the fullbringer now without her. A regular denizen of the Forest of Menos wasn't going to open a garganta for her, this is where the lower class hollows hid from the ones that had evolved to rely less on their predatory instincts.

"That is no surprise. You all derive from us, hollows, after all. They term fullbringer appears to have caught on in the last century but I think of you all as fallacies. A soul is positive and a hollow is negative but you possess the characteristics of both without being either. You can function as one or the other depending on what suits you best at the time. Therefore, a fallacy."

She illustrated her explanation with a a glow of her finger to draw a plus and minus before pinching her fingers to merge the two glowing lines of her reiatsu into a plus-minus symbol.

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:07 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Only the roll of her dark eyes would respond to that gesture; she was perfectly comfortable compromising herself for this opportunity, and if all she had to do was play along, then she would play along. There was no reason to be argumentative with her now-captor, now was there? Besides, it was just another job, another thing for her to create, another thing that'd eventually lead to destruction; it was just the rub in her profession, her role.

The calm bob of the light she held guided her way, her brow risen with Arrancar's description of what she and others were as 'fallacies'. There wasn't any offense or confusion, just calm amusement as Nahash explained her argument, with the addition of visual aids and a reiteration of the point. Felt like quite the narrow-minded perspective, but no immediate irritation showed on her face that would otherwise show itself if it were someone on the street saying so.

"Sure isn't a lot written down on the subject that I can find outside of personal anecdotes, and even those are unreliable with the root of power being entirely personal. A field of unknowns that's waiting to be explored."

A test of breath to see if it was even cold enough down here to be visible, she'd continue with the click of her teeth, "It's part of my study of hollows, after all, but given the guys who supposedly get themselves most dirty on the subject aren't willing to share, I have to find it on my own."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 pm
SAFIRA | RED DWARF

"I've already done research on your kind as a subject of interest over the last century. The most consistent method I've observed for your conception is exposure of a human fetus with hollow reiryoku so that the two entwine which can cause one of you to be born. It is more difficult to get this same result in a soul that has been born though not impossible in my experience."

Safira explained nonchalantly while furrowing her brow as the more complex part of the field was less defined in her experiences. There was no consistency in regards to their development. Whether they were caused by her intervention or ones she had encountered in her time alive. Characteristics of the hollow such as evolution stage, individual powers, or temperament did not seem to bleed into the anomaly that was the product.

Assuming this woman was one of hers, she and Reida might as well have been black and white for their development besides being bad-mannered children with anti-social tendencies. Though she had not seen enough of Catherine's capabilities to make a conclusion on that.

"Ultimately, you abide by some universal rules but, I cannot say I've drawn any conclusions. Maybe in another century or two I'll have enough material to feel satisfied in an answer."

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:19 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Interesting... Yet quite clinical. She's come across a handful of fullbringers, read whatever studies or theories she could find, but it was inevitably limited in details and mired by diverting experiences. The conclusion that it had something to do with how they were born was obvious to draw, it was one of the few things commonly experienced by whatever or whoever she got her hands on, but it wasn't much of a certainty unless someone somehow managed to hunt down a majority of others like her. Or...

"Wouldn't it be faster for someone like you to make subjects and monitor them? You've still got Hollow Reiryoku and the longevity to wait for them to grow up in their environments, after all. I don't got the luxury of making my own sample size, it took me years to get even a pinch... Yet there's still a lot I don't know."

Looking at her own hand, she'd squeeze it shut, "All I can say is that i'm more attuned to the hollow side of me, and my Fullbring sucks."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm
SAFIRA | RED DWARF

Her lips curled into a small smile at her thoughts. It would be faster and more efficient to take matters into her own hands, to condemn unborn souls to the fate of being guinea pigs that she could watch run on a wheel of her own making. A clinical hand scribbling notes and documenting patterns.

"Even if you're attuned to the hollow factor, you're trying to swim up a waterfall. I've tried to artificially stimulate the hollow factor in a couple only for them to undergo hollowfication. It's a delicate process I've found."

She further explained for the young one.

"The hollow factor is easier to quantify though and measure it's progression, it is the more ambiguous elements that are difficult to predict a consistent pathway for development."

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:12 pm

"Catherine Reed"

She disliked that smile.

Making no attempt to press that branch of the subject any further, she'd quietly and rather intently listen to the Arrancar's own findings on the development of one's Hollow Factor, tipping her head to the side with a slight shrug, "I imagine it'd be like trying to force a hollow to evolve. This stuff's a natural process at the end of the day, it kind of just... Happens, over time from what I understand."

Her expression changed, somewhat unreadable, "I didn't really realize what was happening to me until I broke some teeth on a job when I was younger. Woke up to spitting out tooth roots and brand new teeth in their place. It was a gradual uphill roll from there."

That was not how she found out, a look of illness in her expression with the real recollection trying to push it's way to the forefront. She wouldn't let it.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum