Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Left_bar_bleue0/0Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Empty Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:16 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  6EdIfMt

The past few months had been a series of events unimagined in the mind of the once-infamous "Princess of death", Hime Tatsumiya. She had been freed from prison once and given a second chance only to turn it down and return to prison, expecting to be judged by someone who held no mercy for her.

Repenting for her crimes by being executed and used an example of a Shinigami who betrayed what she stood for and fought under wicked men who wished for soul society's collapse. Indeed, that is what she imagined would come about.

She was not worthy of redemption and deserved to be executed. It should've been a foregone conclusion and yet... Abalia had thought otherwise. The recently-appointed Captain-Commander had spared her life and granted her the role of a bodyguard, a right-hand warrior to fight the battles for her. In return, she offered to protect her sister with every resource at her disposal.

No doubt, to those hurt by Hime, an event of such fortune would've likely made them furious with anger but Abalia had truly thought there was a purpose in keeping her alive. To add fuel to the fire for those who likely wished she was dead... Hime had reunited with her sister and earned her forgiveness.

They were mending their relationship and Hime had to thank Ulv Auber for that unexpected gift. Had she been tasked with seeking out her sister on her own, she would have never done so out of her self-imposed guilt.

Reflecting on these unexpected fortunes, the elegant shinigami was sitting in a small garden within the Seireitei, writing her thoughts within a small notebook. There was a lunchbox placed at her side as she peacefully placed pen to paper and expressed herself through the ink dancing across the sheet.

"Life is truly a tale of such mystery... that not even I can tell what will happen next..."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Left_bar_bleue0/0Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Empty Re: Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:57 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

What happened next was maybe truly unexpected. Over a hedge near Hime a piece of bamboo came flying and crash landed right next to hear, almost impaling her lunch.

The bamboo was followed by a mumbled curse and a young shinigami. The tall woman with the two, dark-red braids and a sleeveless Shihakusho came running around the hedge. In her obi was a Katana and on her face an expression of growing horror, as she realized the near-miss she had produced. More so when she realized who's lunch she had almost destroyed.

"Oh boy...I am really sorry. I was doing tameshigiri over there and...I guess I over did it."

She bowed apologetically. It was really embarrassing. She had worked on her sword technique for a while today, first dry, then with tatami and bamboo, actually until her arms started to grow tired. She must have become a little sloppy at her last try. An upwards strike, didn't chop the bamboo clean off and instead send the cut off peace flying.

"Aren't you Tatsumiya-san, from our Division? My name is Hanako Yamada."

She stepped forward and pulled the piece of bamboo out of the ground. Initially she wanted to withdraw again and leave leave Hime in peace, but then she saw the writing in front of her.

"I… I like that." Hanako said. Then it came to her that she was invading the private space of the other woman and it could be considered impolite. For all she knew, Hime just wanted to enjoy a nice and quiet.

"I better leave you in peace now. Sorry for intruding."

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)  Empty Re: Graceful and Grateful(Hime/Hanako)

Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:59 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

The next moment was indeed as unexpected as one would imagine. And yet, Hime was far too familiar with the unexpected to show any strong emotions beyond a small and curious glance.

A firm piece of bamboo had nearly destroyed her meal, missing it only by a hair's breadth. What followed was the voice of a female as she stepped out and looked on in horror. She seemed to have realized that she nearly laid waste to Hime's lunch and turned around to bow in remorse.

Walking over, Hanako seemed as though she had intended to leave once she pulled the bamboo from the ground. Somehow, she managed to catch a glimpse of the heartfelt words Hime was using to express herself through pen and paper.

"It brings the soul joy to be complimented on their writing, even if it is little more than simplistic thoughts written on sheets of paper. To answer your first question, I am Hime Tatsumiya but I would not call myself an official member of the first division by any stretch of the term. I am her bodyguard, secretary, and scout. I overlook the surroundings, I examine events, and I report back to her with everything I have found. Of course," Hime paused as she gazed at Hanako with a gentle expression.

"Of course, right now, at the moment I was simply reflecting on the wild fortunes fate has granted me over the course of my return here."

Hime deftly grabbed the lunchbox and opened it to reveal quite a large meal, one that could fill the stomachs of men and women other than the elegant shinigami herself. Hime had always made it a routine to treat the other division members to a meal after she finished writing her thoughts. Hanako would be of no exception to that fond routine.

"Seeing as you are a member of this division, I wouldn't mind the idea of getting to know you better." She smiled gracefully, gazing at her with a pronounced softness in her amber eyes.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:19 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako hesitated only a moment, then she smiled a thin, shy smile and gave a nod.

"I would be honoured."

She threw the piece of bamboo towards the foot of the hedge where it wouldn't be in the way. Then she pulled her sword from her obi and when she sat down she placed in on her right side, the cutting edge towards her. It was the customary sign that she bore no ill intentions, because placed like this it was next to impossible to draw it quick enough for an attack. Although it was only symbolic, since Shinigami didn't necessarily need swords to be dangerous, Hanako always felt better using such customs and traditions.

At this moment it didn't occur to her that not long ago she would have tried to wiggle her way out of this situation. At the beginning of her career as a Shinigami a sparring or an assignment was almost everything she had in the department of social contacts. But in the short time since then she had met a lot of people that had changed her, without her realizing it. Magnolia, whom she admired for her strength and grace. Carter, the first person she actually and sincerely called a friend. Ulv, a person she also looked up to for her strength and that had showed her certain parts of life she had been totally oblivious to before. And of course she admired the Captain Commander, a woman that had inspired her from the very moment she first heard a speech of hers. Of course she never met her in person. Anyway, now Hanako still felt slightly uncomfortable, but the desire to be far away was far weaker than before. She really had changed, quite a lot. The shell was cracking and behold, there actually was something beneath it.

Hime she had seen before and heard her name from other division members. Word got around fast, especially if there was someone that the Captain Commander trusted personally.

"So you really work together with the Captain Commander? Personally? How is that like?" She asked, honest curiosity in her voice.
"The Captain Commander seems to gather a lot of ...inspiring people around her. Everfrost-san, Ul...ah...Auber-san… you must be as powerful, aren't you?"

Then she stopped and bit her lip.

"I'm sorry, you wanted to get to know me. What...what would you like to know?"

Obviously her conversational skills still needed a lot of work.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

Hanako was a breath of fresh air. Her tall frame and seemingly shy nature was a far cry from the confident and passionate nature of Ulv, a woman who carried herself with utmost confidence and held no shame in her action. Hime had always found that odd about the woman but admired her spirit nonetheless.

Hime postured herself with grace as she sat forward. She split the lunchbox in half with a faint tap of the hand and handed the other half to Hanako, offering her a place to sit down if she felt comfortable.

"I suppose you could say that, yes. I am not sure how she views me but I owe her nothing but my undying loyalty - nay, my very life. She has granted me opportunities that, even now, I don't feel I am deserving of. I admire her and everything she stands for. Her indomitable will is breathtaking - it is enough to leave one speechless. I think I am strong in my own right, but that is up for debate, I suppose."

Hime smiled as if she were lost in reminiscent yet admiring thoughts of her Captain-Commander. With a soft chuckle, she redirected her attention to Hanako. Everfrost... hm, Magnolia Everfrost? The name wasn't entirely familiar but Hime had learned of it from reading through archives of information on past and present Shinigami. When she heard the word "Auber" she automatically recognized who that name belonged to. Was this woman familiar with Ulv Auber? Hime solemnly wondered what type of impression the eccentric vizard had left on Hanako.

"Ah... Ulv Auber. That is a name that is still fresh in my mind. We have plenty of time to learn of the other but I must say you mentioning her name has stroked my curiosity. Have you met her in person? What was the type of impression she left on you?"

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:31 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako knew the feeling. While she couldn't deny a feeling of inspiration from a few people and would follow them without asking, in her case it was more like an obligation towards the whole of the Gotei and Seireitei. They had taken her in, nursed her back to health and gave her a home when she was standing there with literally nothing, not even memories.

Hanako thanked politely when Hime offered half of her lunch. It felt strange to share a meal with a stranger and Hanako took it only hesitantly. But it looked delicious and Hana realized how hungry she was.

"Yes, I felt her will, too. Once." She said, commenting the words about Abalia's willpower.
"It was even before I joined the First Division. I never knew what had caused it, but it was strange. It was not like the crushing weight of spiritual pressure, but still overwhelming. It was...uhm...strange. Don't know how to describe it."

On that day she first saw Ulv. Shortly after that she sought her out because of her strength and because she had confronted Shinryu. When Hime asked about Ulv Hana couldn't help it: her face turned a cute shade of red in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, I met her in person." She said and her voice had taken on an odd undertone.

What should she say which kind of impression Ulv had made? She couldn't possibly tell Hime that the first meeting already ended with Hanako's back pressed against a tree and her lips pressed against Ulv's.

"Well...ah...Ulv is...not like anyone I ever met before." She finally answered and it was quite obviously an evasive answer. Hanako felt embarassed, but the thought of Ulv always caused quite a...physical reaction.

"I only joined relatively recently." Hana said in an attempt to deviate the topic of the conversation.
"I still have a long way to go, but I work hard to be a useful member of our Division."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:01 pm

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

"If one had to describe it, it is a will that strikes the soul, an indomitable force that imposes itself upon your spirit and refuses to let go. Her stoic demeanor only adds to her overwhelming nature - the fact that she hardly shows any emotion makes her a true mystery to those around her. Nevertheless, I admire Abalia more than one could imagine. It is good to know someone else shares a similar view."

Hime handed Hanako a pair of chopsticks as she continued speaking. It was always nice to meet and converse with other members of the division. It gave Hime a sense that she was truly redeeming herself and working towards a path she could truly be proud of.

The meal presented to her consisted of Thai-inspired cuisine. Hime was no world-renowned chef but a history of being raised in a cafe for her childhood and young adult life would definitely grant one with some advanced cooking-ability, right?

"Ah... Ulv is truly an eccentric individual, isn't she? An existence of boundless passion intermixed with carefree exuberance - yes, that is how I would describe her. She, too, is one to be admired. She wears courage and bravery on her sleeves. She managed to bring me out of my own shell and make amends with my sister. I extend nothing but my gratitude to that woman for the impact she made on my life in such a short amount of time."

Hime's description of Ulv and the subsequent encounter was far more detailed than the one provided by Hanako. Hime could sense that it seemed like she was evading the question - this notion was validated by Hanako's short reply - but Hime did not intend to question her on the matter any further. Hearing this interesting woman speak of her experiences was far more enticing. Hime nodded her head softly as she begins to consume her meal, observing the tall Shinigami with a solemn gaze.

"I can tell. I just now witnessed you practicing Tameshigiri moments ago. I have heard good things around the division about you. Even I see the potential. A strong frame and a strong mind are great tools for reaching the heights that you desire - not only in this division but the Gotei as a whole..."

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:08 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

"Yeah, bringing someone out of her shell seems to be a speciality of her." Said Hanako in a low voice, but Hime probably heard it anyway.

For a while Hanako hadn't been so sure if she desired to see Ulv again, or if she only wanted to see her again, so they could continue with the...life lessons. Then it became clear to her it was maybe both. She liked Ulv, and why not? She was a good person and tried to help her, so what was there not to like? And the rest...again, what was there not to like? In a rare moment of clarity Hanako decided to just enjoy these parts of life, without worrying about anything. Another thing that had changed, something she consciously decided not to worry about.

"That is nice of you to say." Hanako replied. She herself still wasn't sure of that. Then the thought of the First Division brought Hanako's thoughts to yet another topic. The questions were in her head for some time now, but she hadn't dared to speak her mind to someone until now.

"I hear a lot is going on in the world of the living, but I don't really understand it. Nothing much of it can be seen here."

She hesitated a moment.

"Have you ever been to the world of the living. Do you know how it is there? I understand what our duties as First Division are mainly. I even went on some investigation myself, although I have joined so recently. But if something of the situation in the world of the living would spill into soul society, it surely would fall to us to contain it, wouldn't it?"

She picked up the chopsticks Hime had given her and tried the food. A surprised sound escaped her. It reminded her of the time when Carter had offered her jasmine tea and she tried it for the first time and instantly loved it.

"Mhm, this is good. What is it? I have never tried it before."

In some part of her mind a hollow feeling presented itself like a sharp pain in her side. Was that really true, or was it just something she had lost? Even if Ulv had been right with everything she said, it was at times hard to believe it. So much was new to Habako and she felt like a child. Only that she knew she wasn't. She was someone that had been robbed of everything. The thought, combined with the reemergence of those old feelings, made her flinch for half a second. As much as she had changed in a short time, to completely defeat one's inner daemon took a lot more time than that.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:48 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

"Well, that specialty is validated immensely when you consider that she managed to make someone as guilt-ridden as me step out of my comfort zone. Hers is a personality that will not take uncertainties or what-ifs for answers."

Hime was not incorrect in her analysis. Ulv Auber was a charismatic woman who did not believe in the concepts of failure or the fear of embarrassment. She was a bastion of an existence that moved forward and crushed all obstacles before its path. If she had to compare willpower, Abalia was ice, and Ulv was a vigorous flame.

Hime consumed her food with small regulated bites as she listened to and studied Hanako. The subject had shifted to the word of the living. The realm of earth, to be exact. Her memories of earth, bittersweet and tragic as they were, still held a lasting impression on her mind.

Most of her time spent on earth was committing atrocities or swearing her allegiance to the wrong people, and so she could not properly recall even one memory where she enjoyed the scenery or the humans that inhabited the vast planet. Having made amends with her sister and growing reputation around the division, Hime was certain she could create fond memories on earth in the future.

"I have experiences with the word of the living but it isn't a realm I frequent all that often. As far as our role is concerned, it is always our duty to contain threats well before they reach the Soul Society. Preparation is always key. We usually don't interfere with matters of the earth unless there is a common enemy or interest we share with the warriors who reside there."

It filled Hime with happiness to see Hanako's reaction towards her meal. Hime playfully tapped the pair of chopsticks against her cheek, as she explained the inspiration behind the meal.

"I suppose you could call it a meal inspired by Thai Cuisine. It isn't all that eye-opening but I am glad you enjoy it."

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

“Mhm” Hana said again. “I never tried...Thai. I must confess, I never cared much for what I eat. If it nourished me it was fine, I guess. It was not so long ago when Carter, a….a friend of mine, introduced jasmine tea to me. It was then that I realised I shouldn’t have neglected this topic so much. At least I have found out since then that I like traditional meals. And maybe Thai.”

It felt weird to call Carter a friend. She had done it in her mind many times, but to someone else…
While she ate the meal she carefully explored the different tastes that tickled her tongue and realized, not for the first time, that it gave her a certain satisfaction.

For a while they sat and ate in silence. Hanako’s thoughts began wandering on their own. It was still difficult for her to think of nothing. But at least her thoughts now weren’t always dark. Some light thoughts began seeping into the mix and began to slowly paint the walls of Hanako’s personality in a different, happier color.
At this very moment however, there were dark thoughts. And they had been stirred by the talk about the duties of the First Division. Memories of her first mission awakened and raised their ugly heads.

“Tatsumiya-san...I...I have never thought about asking someone. But there is something that is bugging me since...since my first mission.”

Hanako was silent again for a moment an tried to gather her thoughts.

“I guess...I have to explain the situation first. Where do I begin? I was send to a patrol mission in Outer Rukongai, together with a partner. When we reached the area we were supposed to patrol something attacked us, too fast for me to see. This is were the strange things happened. First my partner disappeared. I couldn’t even find any tracks he left, but that wasn’t anything suspicious. It was raining hard that night. I followed a faint spiritual pressure I soon identificated as Hollow. I found them...I fought them...they disappeared.”

Again a few moments of silence.

“That is as far as my report goes. There’s something missing, because I simply didn’t know how to describe it. But it isn’t very appetising, I shouldn’t talk about it while we eat. But...if I could talk to you about it...show you something...”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum