Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

8 - Distant Horizons - Page 2 Empty Re: Distant Horizons

Wed May 26, 2021 7:01 am
Sitting in more silence, Amon listened to the second in command talk about his life's story and how this was all a lesson. Momma didn't raise no fool. Amon was both a cautionary and not so cautionary man, this was stuff he essentially knew- maybe not this man's history but of the detail he spoke on. The man been burnt, he faced his consequences and might still be paying for the actions taken, and Amon only listened to a similar story. This was a simar thing that happened to his... "Acquaintances," they were either dead or in prison for a chunk of their life thanks to their decisions. All Amon wanted was to be part of their life and help get them away, but they only shoved him away. A blessing in disguise and a hell of a lesson to the young Shinigami.

But it seemed like in his past Mr. Kuchiki decided to take a things to the next level. After a failed attempt of getting a particular master he sought out a power he would come to regret. And that's when Amon drew the line of feeling sorry for the poor bastard. He sought power, at least from Amons perspective, and when Kuchiki received whatever he wanted he did some bad stuff... Maybe. At least, that was what he could assume from the aftermath of this vice captains life.

It also goes back to what Amon was taught as a boy before his parents demise. He shifted in his seat a little getting more comfortable, ignoring the incense as to control his mouth and anything that could randomly pop off. Just then he noticed the cup of tea and took it from the coffee table. Just as Amon took a nice drink of the warm plant water he still heard his father's words from his 12th birthday party when he opened a wrapped gift, a .22 Rifle sitting cleanly and perfectly in the elongated box with multiple clips and a scope and cleaning kit with it.

"If you want anything in life, you work for it. There aren't any shortcuts. Do it right, and never take the easy way out. See this rifle? It's your responsibility to clean and how to use it, with this-" The words of a long dead parent were cut off by the memories of what came immediately after- multiple gunshots of automatic and semiautomatic rounds filling the room, then several vehicles screeching off into the distance. His jaw tightened from the memory, not that he wished he could have died or wished for something else, but the thought that scum like that were everywhere in the world. But there wasn't anything he could do about it, and what's done is done. There's no such thing as, "Fixing the past.

And Amons mind came back to reality from the few second trip. He couldn't help but feel a question stir in his little fragile brain, sure, he's heard of Shinigami and Hollow, but what was a Vizard? And most importantly now that he's had a sip of tea, more questions begun to stir. What exactly happened in Jefferson City, what did this vice captain do to regret his past, what happened to his old teachers he sought power from, and what happened to his original weapon? Amon didn't ask, but the questions lingered, and he listened with still intent. Amon unintentionally said, "Huh," as the entirety of the story came together and began to formulate.

Damn the incense! I made him relaxed enough to just listen and think properly! He hadn't had a relaxing moment like this in a while, with what training and simply scouting the living world. But he couldn't blame these people, they were doctors and nurses and they needed a stress-free environment to help them with their job. And help ease the patients. Amon couldn't also help but notice the tired look the vice shown even if for a brief moment, going to show just how hard the guy must have had it.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
8 - Distant Horizons - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/08 - Distant Horizons - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:45 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

8 - Distant Horizons - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Through the whole story Takehiko told, Hanako remained still and didn't break eye contact. Only when he mentioned Ulv, her eyes wandered off to the side for a moment. Interesting how many lives she touched and how many ran against the wall of her personality. However, that was not the point here.

"Two of those chains I know well." She said after a few moments, in a rather dark tone.
"The third wasn't one I saw until a short while ago, although it was the heaviest of them all."

It was rather cryptic contribution to the conversation, but Hanako didn't really feel like opening up too much about her past.

"I do understand, Kuchiki-san. Maybe from a different point of view, but I think I do. And I have concerned myself a lot with this particular subject. I'm beginning to wonder if we really have to break free from those 'chains'. Or if it is even possible. Maybe they're meant to be used instead of being shaken off. You know...like anchors, to keep us on the ground and prevent us drifting away."

Even though she gotten better at it, Hanako's hit the limit of her language skills pretty fast. She knew what she wanted to say, but to express it in a fitting way, that was something different. One thing was sure, she wouldn't become a celebrated poet anytime soon. However, she got the meaning across, or so she hoped, even if it wasn't in any beautiful words.
She took another sip of tea.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Anonymous

Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:14 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

His smile didn't fade, he took each comment and thought they presented him. His eyes didn't break their almost hypnotized stare at them. He brought a hand up to his chin, perhaps the chains weren't meant to be broken. Instead, live with and grow with, maybe that was what Ulv Auber had tried to educate him on. But in his youth he was naive, no he surpassed that.

He inhaled a bit, before standing up. Straightening his clothing and features carefully. This wasn't going to be a trip with only a store to tell. "I believe, perhaps I can offer more than a story to ponder." His voice and form had a diplomatic softness to them. Yet a certainty behind his actions as he walked towards a door. His fingers gripped the handle opening it. Revealing a training yard with some trees and other objects. Almost akin to a courtyard, that had been built for the purpose of training.

Some barriers were in place to prevent stray Kido from finding a mark anywhere near the wards with people. "This is where we spar, I'll forgo using my Zanpakuto. It is ill-suited to these types of things. I'm proficient in Kido as you'd imagine. " He said walking out the door slowly, stepping over to the other side. He intended to face both of them, he didn't believe he would win. No that thought never crossed his mind, it was a two-on-one affair.

If they choose to accept the offer, that was he could showcase some Kido for them. Perhaps it would help them in the long run. Takehiko didn't have a massive competitive drive or anything of the like.

What he did have were skills that would be helpful in this situation and perhaps he could help them. "Sometimes fighting is needed, to see changes in others and ourselves. " He waited quietly, his Zanpakuto in sealed form hung at his side. He had no intention of releasing it here at this moment and time.

Its power as he stated previously wasn't suited for this. While it could be used offensively, it wouldn't be helpful to Hanako or Amon. So that was out, his expression remained calm. A deep focus coming over him as he observed their choice.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:37 am
Amons gaze never really left Kuchikis, instead remained with caution. It was polite of the man to offer something more, however he felt his first right digit twitch and thump the sofa arm several times. Amon cocked a brow as Kuchiki stood and waltzed toward a door, Amon rising as well and following with Hanako it to see a courtyard. In that courtyard were trees and various barriers, already he understood what those could be used for. Kido, more specifically, to protect spectators from loose Kido.

Stepping through the doorway, Amon looked around for a moment while listening to the vice captain. It was an expanse for sure, and perfect for some close quarters action to mid ranged, at least from what the young Shinigami could tell. He looked back to Kuchiki just as he finished and offered the visiting pair... A spar? A lesson most likely, and Amon felt a shiver down his spine. It's been a bit since he's been physical in this regard, perhaps it was practice for the guy or maybe to teach the pair about Kido. Shit, maybe practice for Hanako and Kuchiki, Amon would get clapped within an instant so he felt.

"Well... I could always get pummeled. What about you?" Amon said to Hanako with a slight smirk, already removing the top layer of his attire. His torso was covered by the kimono, however it's sleeveless style left his arms, heavily scarred and thick. Like hell he was fighting with sleeves! Amon felt that would ruin the top, though contradictory of the bottoms of they're ruined... At least the thought counts!
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
8 - Distant Horizons - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/08 - Distant Horizons - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:30 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako returned the smirk with her own half-smile.

“Nothing like getting a good beating.” Hanako said while she began loosening her muscles with a few well-trained movements. She had no clothes to remove, unless she’d plan to fight in underwear, since she wore her usual, sleeveless Shihakusho. Her arms weren’t as heavily scarred as Amon’s were, although there was this faint line on her right shoulder, where one could see, if someone were to look closely, that the skin on the arm had an ever-so-slightly different tone. However, she was also quite muscular and well defined, albeit not in any extreme sense.

Hanako was a bit surprised by this sudden change of...of everything, pretty much. Just a few moments ago they were talking about the past and its effects on the present. Even before that they watched Takehiko heal a wounded Shinigami. And now, without so much as reacting to Hanako’s question, he offered to spar with the two Fighting Fours. As confusing as it was, Hanako was always up for a bit of training.

“How do you want to do this?” Hanako asked. “Should we also keep our Zanpakutos sheathed? Do you want us to come at you? I admit I wasn’t expecting this. Don’t want to overdo it.”

Even though Hanako still kept her spiritual pressure low, her left hand rested on Bakumusha’s sheath, the thumb near the tsuba. Her body was seemingly relaxed, but it was all part of her stance, ready to dodge any attack at any time and counter in a flowing motion. Hanako’s feet were apart, about the width of her hip, and the left a bit behind, to gain a maximum in stability, barely visible with the wide flowing Hakama of her Shihakusho. Also, she made sure that her front and her center of gravity was always pointing directly at Takehiko. There was no other sign that Hanako was getting ready for all eventualities.

Anonymous

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:48 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

His smile never lost the warm and somewhat gentle nature to it. He spoke now, keeping a diplomatic tone within this. "I'll leave that to your discretion, I imagine Captain Kobayashi showed some Kido to you Yamada-san. So I imagine you are familiar with a variety of them. You may attack me if you'd like, however being the host. I'll start this off to ensure your comfort."

He brought both hands forward, generating an orange-hued circle in front of them. " Bakudo 9, Horin" The rope lunged forward with a sprawling pattern of yellow along its length. This rope shot for Hanako looking to bind her, using his other hand. He shot out another rope from his index finger. This lunged for the figure of Amon. Binding Kido would be the starting point, Takehiko could perform higher Kido. But basics indicated using smaller ones in order to accomplish goals.

He had a strategy in mind to fight them both. While it didn't seem like it, Takehiko wasn't the strongest one here. But he kept a calm and collected poise despite that fact. His mind worked on a strategy, considering the situation before moving forward. The female was strong, he would need to cut the link if the attack hit. If not, he'd need to quickly move to another Kido. Something stronger wasn't needed always. He always had his personal Kido to call upon, they were all the newer Generation here.

It was up to them to carry the torch left behind to them. He'd lost the benefits that came with his last name. And while some emotions did remain like a tempest, he'd gained a measure of control over them. Working hard in his Division to become better at using Kido. Training like this would benefit both parties, so far he'd yet to see them begin. But their potential for greatness would be vast in the coming months. They'd need to work hard together to grow and reach a platform for development.

Takehiko had his own training to accomplish his Bankai, which was on his plate and the thing he was thinking of doing first and foremost. Because he wished to become better attuned with his Mother's Zanpakuto, she was still here in that sense.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:09 am
'Left to our discretion huh? I don't know what this guy can do, but I'm not wanting to take a chance him flicking me like a tick,' Amon thought as Vice Captain Kuchiki finished what he was saying, the man putting his arms outward toward both Shinigami, 'From what he said before his Zanpacto isn't meant for combat... But I'm still wanting to use my sword for... I don't fuckin' know, pointers? I guess he could give advice or help me sharpen my skill, or maybe help me figure out why the shit my power is so we-'

Amons attention was caught by the rush of glowing rope, and not being a fan of bondage, Amon swiftly pulled out his Asauchi. He allowed himself to fall to the left away from the rope and Hanako swiping at the rope to help break it... If it could be broken. The chances of him missing were high and his swing were merely reaction. He rolled back then quickly dashed forward, using the tension in his legs from landing as a kickstart, Amon had brought his blade back for a mid-swing. Though the man didn't have the, "Cool," Techniques per sé he wasn't an idiot with a blade.

Amon swung his blade with harmful intent, with how experienced he thought the Vice Captain was, nothing could go wrong right? The guy could easily block or dodge it, maybe even parry or counter the attack, but regardless Amon could come back quickly for another attack. Maybe, depending on the moves Kuchiki would use. Amon knew the basics of sword fighting and was taught a few more things in hand-to-hand, maybe not to a degree of mastery, he wasn't even an expert of Kung-Fu or whatever these people used but rather a few counters and how to move swiftly.

That said, his expertise on swordplay wasn't half bad either. Amon was... well... weaker than even the newest of Shinigami who went to soul academy, but his ability to adapt to the situation, observe and learn how others fight, and his quick learning in lessons allowed him to move forward. At least by textbook and physical standards. When it came to spiritual powers and Kido and all that Amon couldn't necessarily perform well. He could send Souls to wherever and detect energies, he could fly... Which was something he didn't care much for amongst a few simple tricks but that was it. In his mind, Amon wanted something more physical and upfront instead of ranged and faraway, and perhaps that was what held him back.
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:17 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Although Hanako, too, thought of bondage for a brief moment, her thoughts were of a very different, far more positive, kind than Amon’s. But she banned the thought quickly and reacted.

“Bakudo #8: Seki!”

she thrusted her hand forward and a very brief, but bright blue flash of light sprouted from her palm, when the Horin touched it. Seki was one of the very few Bakudo Hanako liked to use and was able to do so on a tolerably level. But without the time to chant the incantation the spell was, as usual for her, too weak and used up way too much energy for the effect it produced. For instance, the repelling effect was only strong enough to stop the glowing rope dead in it’s tracks, but not actually repel it. And, although unbeknownst to Hanako, she used up the same amount of energy she would have used for a full-powered, full-incantation-Seki. However, the effect was the same, the rope didn’t catch her, at least not immediately, and she used a flash step to bring herself out of harm's way.

When Hanako took a split-second to observe the battlefield she noticed that Amon also had managed to dodge the Horin and was now going straight for Takehiko, swinging his sword. Hanako had a bad feeling about this the very instant she saw it. It reminded her too much of her first tryouts when she herself was fresh out of academy. Granted it was against a Captain, so a few notches up in power, and a madman, but still…
Since then she learned many lessons. The first one being, that you don’t attack a superior opponent head on, unless you have no other choice, it’s a feint or it’s a lesson that requires it.

Not knowing if Takehiko would take this too seriously and respond with force, or how strong Amon really was, she decided to step in. Sprinting forward, she began chanting an incantation under her breath. It became clear that she wouldn’t make it fast enough to cancel Amon’s attack. Still, what she planned would at least give him a chance to retreat after it. She hoped that they would have a chance to coordinate.

What bothered her was that she still couldn’t figure out why Takehiko wanted this sparring and that she knew virtually nothing about this man. Okay, a few things. He was a Kuchiki, a name even she knew, so he had to have at least some potential. She could also sense that he was somewhat in the same power range as she was. Other than that...nothing. Even his claim that his Zanpakuto wasn’t suited for combat could have been a feint. They would have to be careful.

Her incantation was finished just when Amon executed his mid-swing, so she stopped short about a meter away from the pair and placed her hands on the ground.

“Bakudo #21: Sekienton!”

Red smoke began bursting out from the point where her hands touched the ground, quickly spreading. Because of her lacking talent for kido and the relatively high number in the first third of spells, the result was fairly meager. A more skilled practitioner could have filled the whole room with smoke. Hanako, however, managed only an area about two meters across. Still, enough to catch Takehiko in it.

Another flash step brought her a few meters back, where she waited a moment, her sword in a defensive position in front of her, hoping that Amon would understand her intention.

Anonymous

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

They dispatched his beginning very skillfully, both parties handled themselves well. The strategy they'd chosen was to have the other Vice-Captain stay back at the moment? His stormcloud eyes looked over the situation, she'd used Kido to block his. Amon was coming towards him wielding the blade. He didn't appear entirely comfortable with it yet. Things one could work on in the future, likely he suspected Kobayashi would delve into. The swing came and the intent to harm was present. He'd brought his right hand up, a small blue orb manifested itself there. "Bakudo 9 Seki." Upon hitting this orb with his blade, it would be repulsed backward unless he changed his attack angle. His eyes shifted, the female's posture suggested something.

Red smoke engulfed him as he remained still inside of it. Smokescreen and disengaging, she was fighting carefully. She didn't know his strengths or what he could accomplish. The strategy was excellent, he knew the direction that Amon was in. His arms began moving as he inhaled, activating a kido while performing this action. He'd begun using Kyokko on Kido Netting he set up within the smokescreen. It gave him time to calculate and strategize before it cleared. Striking early was good if you were stronger. Gave you the advantage, for this though he remained calm and still. He didn't want them to read him as the smoke would begin to clear. He brought his right hand up examining his surroundings. The next move was to be there unless he came up with something.

The truth was he could do something combining his Zanpakuto with the red smoke. incidentally introducing harmful incense into the air itself. But he'd already told them he wouldn't, his honor meant he would stick to that. He'd set up Kido Net around his position in a three hundred and sixty-degree angle, hiding it with Kyokko. It let him bend light and hide away things like this as desired. Yamada-san and he shared similar power levels. He didn't show arrogance or even act as he could win. He merely kept his warm smile the entire time.

Win or lose they both gained something, practice for a day would come when she and he both had to move up to the next stage. The Stealth Forces Vice had recently done so. But now, the present mattered more. This moment, not the one past it, assuming everything went to plan. They could end up in this spider's web.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:44 pm
As Amon attempted the swipe at Kuchiki words were spoken and an orb immediately appeared. When he struck the orb where his target was it repelled the attack causing the blade to bounce back. Amon would have followed up in one fluid toward the Vice Captain had he not seen the red smoke and then Hanako. Her blade and form took on defensively, and he could only curse to himself as he made haste to move away from the enemy.

Amon was quick to roll back and gain some distance as Kuchiki seemed more akin to stand there and begin another technique or whatever they called it. The red smoke flood passed his legs and Amon could only brace himself for the worst. As soon as he got enough distance Amon could only take a defensive stance himself, uncertain what was about to happen however it worried him with the rising energies from either Shinigami.

This was a situation where the young Shinigami wished he had some mystical power or some useful ability to counter whatever was about to come. But no, Amon had none of that, just his wits and his smarts.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum