Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

A little tea with your Zanjutsu Empty A little tea with your Zanjutsu

Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:15 pm

A little tea with your Zanjutsu 6EdIfMt

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

The Second Division had wounded people coming and going. It was a busy place where many things were taken care of at once. Injuries from sparring matches and things down to colds. As one ventured through the halls, they'd see a reception desk. Markers would guide one to the Vice-Captain or the Captain's respective offices. He left it open at this time so people could find him.

He sat on a wooden stool tending to herbal medicines and other things. He'd been trimming flowers and enjoying himself. His office could be described as a place with a smell that filled it that was relaxing. Each person told a different scent reaching their noses. Some it was cinnamon; others claimed it was a rich flowery scent. Everything came from the Kuchiki who sat tending the garden. His desk sat with paperwork completed and files done, research, and papers on several subjects.

His focus was on the healing arts and taking care of people. So Takehiko had spent what seemed like an eternity managing that. The Squad's Captain was often indisposed, so it all came to him. Complicated medical operations and paperwork choices fell to his shoulders. He performed admirably in that light one could say he held things together here despite members going to other Divisions in the case of Valentine. But these weren't concerns of his as he wore this warmth on him like a coat.

Takehiko may have been young in some circles but old in others. His handset down a pair of sheers as he inhaled the smell in the air. Relaxing and taking in the world. His private chambers were connected to his office, allowing him to awake and work. It was how he desired to do things, never being far from his work. Takehiko was on call 24/7 for any problems that emerged. His healing skills and techniques were refined to that point now.

His digits gently went across his Zanpakutos hilt now. Something nostalgic about the smell he got from it. Calming and relaxing to allow him to have composure that went past the normal. A calm and happiness that some of his Division claimed was a supernatural cause behind it.

His Zanpakuto could calm people with a familiar smell that brought them the most incredible sense of ease. Even in the sealed state, this smell came to those who wandered the halls of Squad 2.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A little tea with your Zanjutsu Left_bar_bleue0/0A little tea with your Zanjutsu Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A little tea with your Zanjutsu Empty Re: A little tea with your Zanjutsu

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:09 pm

A little tea with your Zanjutsu QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

Asami hadn't expected to find herself here on anything but official business, but she supposed that she owed it to Koyo to at least see if Vice-Captain Kuchiki was in the business of helping. The Second Division barracks seemed like a far cry from her own, for it was alive with the sounds of ongoing activities as opposed to the unnatural silence of the Fifth. Infrequent bursts of activity saw people pass her by and travel between the various chambers without time to pause and address her.

She had only just reached the reception desk when a soothing wind seemed to sweep through the halls, which only served to put her more on edge as it fought to calm those rogue emotions that were so honed to danger. Markers indicated that it was flowing from the office of the Vice-Captain, further compounding her concern even as the very air battled to suppress it. Still, she had come this far. A strange smell wasn't going to throw her off the case. There were questions about her Zanpakuto that even she did not fully understand after all those years carrying it at her side.

Fingers wrapped softly against the framework of an opened door, alerting those within to the presence of another. Her attire was formal, she had been working for the better part of the day and spared little effort to tidy herself up beyond a respectable level, and her raven-black hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"Vice-Captain Kuchiki? I trust you are not busy, but I wondered if I might have a moment of your time to chat?"

Strange bedfellows | END POST
Anonymous

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

His head raised as he looked over his shoulder towards the arrival. His eyes began scanning her for injuries. He didn't see any injuries perhaps a little fatigue. Standing up he walked to her casually, not losing the sense of warmth he gave off. "Not at all, been tending to our gardens." He said clearing that he was fine in this regard. Walking over to a meeting area he brought cups out and set them down. Troubles were always best discussed over tea and biscuits or whatever have you.

"So what seems to be troubling you?" Takehiko poured her a cup of Licorice root tea which was warm but not extremely so. His gaze fell on her as he delivered the cup to her leaving the treats. Asami Furukawa of Squad Five if memory served. She wasn't a customer of this shop where many figures came through. Takehiko's lips kept a warm smile on them and he exuded kindness. It was something strange about the Vice Captain of Squad Two.

He'd lived a troubled life and caused problems for people, causing pain to those who needed him. That was the fact he couldn't escape from no matter his actions. He had punished himself banishing himself from the Kuchiki House. To exonerate his Uncle, but he suspected greater action would need to be taken. Honorable suicide but a thought for a different time.

She'd come here in search of answers to a question. Something burned inside her wanting to know, this made it all the more curious. He would do what he could to help her, that was what had to be done before he was gone from this post.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A little tea with your Zanjutsu Left_bar_bleue0/0A little tea with your Zanjutsu Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:30 pm

"Ah, do forgive me for my intrusion."

There was a disarming pleasantry to the Vice-Captain's response, though Asami found herself content to be disarmed in such a manner. Perhaps it was the gentle scent of lavender that seemed to be ingrained in the very walls of Takehiko's office that lowered her guard, for she could not help but feel homely here.

She stepped inwards, soaking up the atmosphere and following him to a seated area. At the offer of tea and biscuits, a warm smile of her own soon found itself spreading across her face. "Oh, that would be lovely."

A look of recognition had passed over Takehiko's face when she entered, which did relieve her from the awkwardness of having to explain every little thing but, still, pleasantries were required. They were colleagues in the loosest sense, having perhaps attended group events together but never truly spoken face-to-face.

"I'm Asami Furukawa, from the Fifth Division. I don't believe I have had the pleasure of sharing your company before, so I regret that my reasons are so selfish."

Taking the proffered seat, Asami let her posture slump somewhat as she settled into a comfortable position. Getting this far was the easy part, she supposed, it was what came after that might prove more challenging. And yet that soothing presence in the back of her mind seemed to coax it out of her, the strange fragrance giving her some form of subtle motivation.

"Word reached my ear that you have some experience dealing with complex Zanpakutô Spirits, so I came here to better understand your situation and see if I could apply it to my own."

Anonymous

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:23 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

He listened before giving a proper introduction of himself. Pleasantries required such and manners of the house must be kept. "It is a pleasure to meet you Furukawa-san. As you are aware, my name is Takehiko Kuchiki and I believe I can be of some help depending on the circumstances." He said softly before pulling a small Zanpakuto from his sash and setting it down on the table. It was a small one maybe the size of a dagger in sealed form. He choose this for ease of carrying and since he claimed no skills in Swordsmanship.

"I've housed multiple spirits with varying personalities inside myself. Some were harmful and others kind and gentle. My present Zanpakuto Kodomaru is my mother's that I inherited. " Reached a hand down he touched the blade's hilt gently. Revealing his Shikai was of no problem as he maintained his smile and demeanor.

"Breathe Kodomaru." He said softly and the sword shifted its appearance quickly. Turning into a Kiseru smoking pipe, it sat on the table as he gently cradled it. His Zanpakuto appeared to have no blade or offensive avenue to it. Making it a strange one to behold for most, he'd shown a few people it. Even having used it to restore lost limbs within his Division.

"It takes the form of a Japanese smoking pipe, ill-suited for combat but still a cheerished keepsake and helpful companion. " Koyo sealed his blade after being satisfied she'd gotten a look at it. A similar pipe sat on the table for examination. He couldn't directly help her until he knew what the problems were. So it was time for him to listen and decode what she'd brought to his doorstep.

"So with my credentials out of the way, what seems to be the trouble between you and your Zanpakuto?" Takehiko had an air of experience about him, one that radiated from the world he had seen on his many travels. The physical beating he endured made him more aware of the world. His other heritage was especially interested in the Zanpakuto, his uncle within that jail perhaps the greatest master one could find.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:31 am

With pursed lips, she studied the smoking pipe that lay before her and the dagger that had briefly held a similar form. He claimed some experience with different spirits, which might certainly prove fruitful, but there was a rather fundamental difference in the nature of their weapons. His was the tool of a healer, suited well for the Second Division of course, whilst hers was something a little more confrontational.

She stopped to take a sip of the Licorice tea, savouring the strange taste for a moment, before sitting up in her chair. From her side, she produced the two blades that comprised her Zanpakutô and set them down upon the table in a similar manner to how Takehiko had done. The first of which was a pure black tantō, larger in size than his own unsealed weapon and certainly better suited for combat, and the second was an ornate katana with a green handle sporting a flower-petal cross guard decorated with fanciful golden inlays.

"These are Musai Kyoutei. Two pieces of one whole. I once thought that I understood them, but recently I have come to wonder if I only know the part of them that they show on the surface."

A hand waved over the weapons, inviting further inspection should it be desired, as she leaned back in the chair once more. Her mind ventured to memories of the Estate of Reflection, her perplexing Inner World in which she had lost and found herself countless times before, considering perhaps if there had been any clues there that she had missed.

"I recently heard mention again of Zanpakutô with multiple release phrases, that cause the same weapons to act in different ways, and I could not shake the notion that Musai Kyoutei might have something similar. When I first achieved my Shikai I was a younger woman, seeking a different purpose from where I now find myself."

Anonymous

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:13 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

His eyes observed the two objects set upon his table. Having a better look at the Zanpakutos he took in the appearance. Often times when two of them were present two differentiating personalities existed. Takehiko brought a hand over them running fingers along with them. "That is a good line of thinking to have." Different release commands some Zanpakutos have personalities that make them dislike certain phrasing. In the history of the Kuchiki and study of this occurrence and recording of history.

"There have been cases of Zanpakutos having multiple forms and many of them come down to a few things. For example, often times a Sword with two sealed forms has more than one spiritual form connected to them. " He said explaining the occurrence and what often gave way to it happening in this regard. He thought about it thinking back to his prior Zanpakuto.

"My prior Zanpakuto had more than a single release, though is only thought about devouring me. You see before my Mother's Spirit I had a Blood-based Zanpakuto, which meant.." His hands slowly began rolling each sides sleeves revealing cuts and scars running up to his elbows. He had more to go on than that, but this was a display.

"Multiple releases are possible and even more likely if you instinctively feel them. A name in the hidden pastures of your mind. Two reasons you aren't aware or they've not told you they exist." Takehiko said simply as he brought his sleeves back down. He could reveal what the Former Captain Commander left him on his throat. He was a placeholder a fool who was best leaving this place. The scars reminded him of mistakes where he assumed he understood.

"First is you aren't ready to learn them in terms of spiritual capabilities, this happens to people frequently. Not enough in the tank to bring out their Zanpakutos greater power. Second is that your spirits have decided to refuse to give this to you, locking it behind a task or test." Takehiko said as he sipped from his tea letting her react to things. She needed to know that not everything was handed over. Mastering a Zanpakuto wasn't a simple matter, power regarding your Shikai alone went far beyond the normal.

"Sometimes they aren't forthcoming about things, sadly, and forcing it may break things beyond repair." Takehiko decided to remain quiet now and let her digest what he said.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:37 am

She leant sideways somewhat, elbow now pressed against the arm of her chair whilst her chin rested in the palm of her hand. Her expression was equal parts one of intrigue and understanding, for there was much wisdom to Takehiko's words and yet also a peculiar mystery being spun. Eyes widened a shade as he revealed the lengthy scarring that ran up his arms, though Asami did neither flinch nor recoil. They were not the first grievous wounds that she had seen, nor would they be the last.

"I’ve seen different aspects of my weapon spirit before, though I always thought one to be the true spirit whilst the other was just an echo or dark shadow.”

Musing aloud was not usually her style, rather she would keep it in and deal with her problems at her own pace, but there was always the chance that something she said might give him another idea about how to help. Slender fingers drummed against the side of her face as she continued.

"And yet I feel like I see more and more of the other aspect lately, when I peer into my Inner World. Following me, observing, but never truly interacting. What could that mean?”

Anonymous

Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:20 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

Takehiko listened to the musings and thought about the possibilities of why they didn't show themselves. Zanpakuto was mysterious, and his knowledge wasn't perfect. His experiences revealed that Zanpakuto had multiple personalities and traits. Like them, they went through moods, but the form of a Zanpakuto was complicated. It didn't have to be one being; it could be hundreds inside of them.

"Observing, there could be a lot of reasons behind it. Our Zanpakutos are mirrors of ourselves. Maybe they aren't sure you are safe yet, or perhaps just watching you discern your potential from a distance. " Truthfully, the reasons could be many and were impossible for him to honestly know. As he wasn't sure of her nature entirely down to a science.

They could sit here for hours and ponder over the subject. But Takehiko couldn't truthfully punch holes into the ideas. It was a journey she had to make. "Truthfully, this is a journey you'll have to take into the Inner World. Remember that our safety is usually the Zanpakuto Spirits' top priority; my case was rare. So if they feel you aren't ready, they will fight you over it. " Takehiko said, looking down at his tea as he remembered Akuma and things that happened there.

"They aren't hollow spirits like Vizards have who embody the negative aspects of things. They and we live in a symbiotic relationship of trust and understanding. I could wax poetic about them for years. But the honest to god trust is, you'll have to dig deep inside yourself. Multiple release commands are possible, not in my case obviously but maybe in yours. "

Fights did happen, but they were rarely as they appeared. The Zanpakuto Spirit wasn't something even his uncle could tag down entirely. So what chance did a failure of a Kuchiki have?

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:25 am

Asami had always expected that the conversation would head this way, with her having to venture into her Inner World, but she did now feel a little more prepared than before. Knowing the ending did not make the journey dissatisfying, and the tea alone had been pleasant enough. She took back the katana, sheathing it at her hip once more but, as she plucked the tantō to do the same, she slowly began to turn the blade in her hand.

”They’re like mirrors, huh?” Her tone was hushed, quiet enough that Takehiko could tell it was intended to be a rhetorical question but still loud enough to be heard. Looking past the dagger and back at the man that sat beyond, shades of red flushed her cheeks as she spoke to him again, ”Excuse me. But you’ve been a great help today, Vice Captain. I hope we can speak again on the matter when I have gained a little more understanding of my own.”

There was a delicate sombreness to her sensei that she could not quite place. She had come to his door for help, not the other way around, and the fastest way to ruin a good thing was to dig too far into someone else’s business uninvited. Still, if she had spirits to deal with then he certainly had some demons of his own - not least the one that had carved up his arms so much. She was still a stranger, a passing breeze that had blown through his office and would be gone before he knew it, so what did it matter anyway?

“I did not know quite what to expect, but you’re a good person. Kinder than you have any business being. So, if I can offer anything in repayment for your wisdom, it’s that no one can face everything alone.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum