Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Empty Re: For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?]

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:58 pm
For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 KU2AY7U

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | Duvalier Liaison

"You are too generous, and yet I must indeed push further along this line of inquiry."

Alastair had expected her to be receptive to his request, he was essentially offering her a blank cheque after all, but it was a little concerning just how keen she was. Still, he could hardly blame her for being savvy enough to know that she had him dancing in the palm of her hand.

"The incident has highlighted our inability to deal with significant supernatural threats. Our position compared to the Gotei United and Vastime has always been inferior, but the actions of Ichigo Kurosaki have only served to broadcast this information to the wider world. We need to show strength."

It sounded silly to ask because he was sure that they did, or they would be able to produce it in short order. But there was this weight on his shoulders, compelling him to stand tall when there was no one else to turn to. Director Armstrong was dealing with her own problems, Administrator Sancroix still recovering, and The White Witch was gone. The responsibility fell to him, perhaps that was why the Grandmaster had entrusted him with this position, so it was time to make a judgement call.

"So. What technology do you have that will give me an edge?"

Everything Burns | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Empty Re: For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?]

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:31 pm
For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 S9p2qbp

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

Oh, he was certainly being forward, wasn't he? Claudia found that entertaining enough, certainly, and if it weren't for the gravity of the situation, she might even have grinned at just how confident he seemed to be. Well, she did like to see a little dog grow up a bit.

"I understand. I could certainly offer you plenty of tools in the Duvalier Group catalogue, but you need something more for a threat of this caliber. I know that much quite well. Given our history, I would be willing to give you a bit more than that."

Handing over a plain manila file, Claudia simply waited patiently for what he would think. Within was a collection of equipment currently being tested by Section 12, the hidden and unrecorded lab where all of her most bleeding edge technology was developed. Such developments as the sekkiseki alloys used in her bodyguards' body armor and ammunition were among them, but there was far more than that. Spiritual condensers, firearms and vehicles designed to modernize combat in a spiritual world.

"Please, consider this a gift."

Even seeing such things, after all, was something most would have been killed for. Claudia's voice may have been kind, but there was still that faint menace within it.

END POST | THE QUEEN OF CARRINGTON
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:19 am

There was certainly more of an air of decisiveness to Alastair than there had been before, an intensity in his gaze as it lingered upon Claudia and then her dossier. If it took bold choices to make a leader, Cyrus had taught him that, and some of those choices would come with a price. If all this cost was some ungodly amount of money and a piece of his own integrity, it was a small price to pay.

"These are certainly in line with what I imagined, thank you. Bespoke equipment of this calibre is not cheap, so I would be interested to hear what quantities could be arranged as part of our current contract with the company."

It was not really a matter of numbers though. Seeing that the entire Reich was better equipped was certainly a good thing, but it would not resolve the crux of the issue.

"I would be interested to test some of these resources firsthand. Not that I doubt their quality, the Duvalier Group has never shirked on that front, but if I intend to take some of these items into the field then I would want to be intimately familiar with them."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1For The Sake Of Tomorrow [Alastair, Arlette..?] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:54 am

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

"It is not simply a matter of cost, I'm afraid. Much of this technology is predicated on our developments in sekkiseki alloy and refinement. I imagine the Vandenreich is unaware, but the Gotei has completely ceased export of sekkiseki."

Claudia snapped her fingers, and the car began to move, taking them off to whatever the destination might have been. She certainly wasn't giving anything away on that front, and her typically amused expression had grown more serious.

"I can realistically offer you no more than 10 cases of 9mm ammunition. Less if you desire 5.56x45 or 7.62x39, less still for something larger. I won't waste your time with firearms. They aren't particularly specialized, at least not to a degree that it would be worth your attention in this matter. If you would prefer melee weaponry, or body armor, that can be arranged, as well, but I cannot part with much of this precious resource. You understand, of course."

But, naturally, she hadn't spoken of price until now. After all, that wasn't good business. But her eyes narrowed ever so slightly, and she now spoke almost piercingly, her voice carrying just the faintest touch of the malice she always contained.

"If I may ask, Mr. Eisfluch. When did you last speak with Arlette?"

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:11 pm

Alastair was not above liaising with the Gotei, but it was still unlikely that they would be willing to part with any amount of rare materials for the sake of the Vandenreich's security. If anything, they would probably try to exploit him more than Claudia would. Which was an achievement in itself.

"Then we will take what can be offered and make do. Melee weaponry might be more practical, were I to have a preference, as it will likely have more longevity than a limited supply of ammunition. This Arrancar also moved with such speed that I would be surprised if he could not weave through the bullets in the air."

He was used to her tone by now, the cutting pragmatism that defined her as a successful businesswoman. You could never call that friendly, or welcoming, but he did not mind it as much as others might. It was rather similar to how he often tried to present himself, though his fiery temperament had begun to boil over a little more often than he might have liked. And yet, as she cut in with what might well have been an innocent comment about Arlette, he could not help but feel a sudden chill. An eyebrow did slowly raise upwards, a note of perplexion that could easily have been confusion.

"I sent her a few messages before I got on my flight, but she had not responded."

Reaching into his jacket, he produced his phone and went to check if there had been a reply. He had simply assumed that Arlette was too busy to meet him in person, which was why it had been left to Eliane, but now he was wondering just what was going on. Had Eliane made a move against her? Was she in danger? Why was this coming up now?

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:15 pm

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

Claudia was taking notes mentally, of course, on what it was that Alastair was asking of her. His metrics were solid, and he was quite correct that ammunition was temporary. A shame, really, but this was already such a delicate deal that she wouldn't press the matter. Besides, the question of Arlette was far more pressing for her.

"I suppose I ought have expected as much, though I might have hoped she would be careless enough to contact you. I will cut to the point, seeing as she has served as our go-between for some time now."

The intensity in her voice grew still more oppressive, more cutting, even as the tone of voice didn't seem to change at all. Claudia was perfectly willing to be pleasant during business dealings, but this? This was personal.

"Arlette has disappeared without a word. She has taken her equipment, and has moved all of her funds attached to the Duvalier Group into outside locations. You could call it corporate espionage of the highest caliber."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 pm

The tension was suddenly palpable, the very air itself heavy within the confines of the vehicle. Arlette had cut ties with the Duvalier Group entirely, and vanished too? That didn't make much sense to Alastair, and yet he looked down at the trio of missed calls on his phone and could not help but wonder what else was going on. Still, all he knew for certain was that he was on the back foot. The phone went back into his pocket, his expression only growing more concerned.

"Miss Ovide was not the type to keep all her eggs in one basket, but I am loathed to think that she would commit such a grave offence. How can you be sure that she has not been kidnapped or the like? She was a capable strategist as well as a businesswoman, I would not think she would just up and disappear."

He did want to find Arlette too, but he wanted to assume that Claudia had the best intentions at heart too and this was all a little underhand. Still, his hand was being forced. This left a strange taste in his mouth, but he was going to do it anyway so maybe there was a way this was a means to an end.

"I can see what the Vandenreich can do to aid in finding her, perhaps divert some reconnaissance assets from less important tasks. If she is in danger then I will oversee her rescue personally."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:54 pm

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

He was clever. That, or simply so good natured as to genuinely believe what he was saying. Claudia wasn't certain which it might be, but she supposed that, in itself said something about the man before her. Quite fascinating, really, and yet she didn't like it. The intensity of her gaze lessened even so, however, lightening the atmosphere a bit. She didn't need further pressure on him now.

"A kidnapping is something that we have been prepared for. We have numerous precautions in place specifically for such an event, many of them known only to us. And yet all of them have been neutralized."

Either Arlette had done it herself, or the Duvalier Group had seen it done. And Claudia, personally, had no interest in losing an asset such as her. Not when she knew so much.

"Your efforts are, however, greatly appreciated. I will do what I am able to assist in those efforts, naturally."

She wouldn't openly state it, of course, but she imagined he was smart enough to understand that her coffers would be just a bit more open if he assisted her in this matter.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:36 am

"Neutralised? Like they were taken out before triggering? That is most unusual."

There was certainly one person that he could think of that could be responsible for such a betrayal. One person that had access to the knowledge of the Duvalier Group precautionary measures. One person that Arlette had no love for and gave none in return. One that was smart enough to plan for these eventualities and certainly cruel enough to orchestrate such a scheme. But he could not make such an accusation rashly.

"I will be sure to give a detailed report to my peers. As always, you have my full cooperation. Think nothing more of it than that. This is as much personal as it is business."

That much was truly genuine. Even if she knew more than he did, Alastair was not the type to wager these dealings on the life of another. He would find Arlette, learn what was going on, and deal with the consequences as they came at him.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:30 am

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

"Then I am glad to know that you and I see eye to eye on this matter."

Claudia would say no more on that particular issue, however. After all, she knew quite well that it would only make her seem more desperate if she were to elaborate any further. This was simply a matter of significant potential corporate espionage, nothing more and nothing less. She would not let an outsider know the degree to which everything she had built was currently in danger of crumbling.

After all, if it reached that point, she would be all too willing to tear it down herself.

"I have already had it sent ahead what you will be interested in testing. I've had the appropriate accomodations made, and will naturally join you in the testing rooms to discuss specifics of the deal with you."

It was good that the windows of their vehicle were blacked out, else she might have had to go through far more difficulties making certain that her guest didn't know where they were going. But, as it stood, the car could move toward Section 12 in peace.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum