Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] Left_bar_bleue0/0On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] Empty On the Grind [Igen, Kalara]

Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:00 pm
On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen let out a soft WHEW as he took a moment to sit back and take a slow drink from his canteen. Already a little sweaty as he took a moment to look around the rest of the courtyard. He'd decided to take some time and move some of his training over to work alongside Eighth division. Naturally, he'd been doing his best to try and train himself. Particularly his stamina, and it had been definitely been ...interesting to juggle his training with his work. He was normally a guy who got training in during the morning before work started up and then just relax in the evenings, but well, with his new exhaustive training, he'd had to switch things up a bit. He couldn't be dog tired throughout his day after all. And so he'd gotten to training a little more in the afternoons instead.

Little too much? O Wielder Mine?

He snorted a bit and glanced to the side to where Ko was. His Shikai, a flat out full grown Tiger whom was lounging a bit off to the side. A couple of the Eigth Division members admiring her, even petting her head now and then after having gotten over some fearful apprehension. It was a little strange how quickly his Zanpaku'to had adjusted to the attention she garnered. Tch. Even so, it was better than people fraking out he supposed. Standing back up, he rolled his shoulders and sighed. After his little water break he was ready to get back into it. And so he began looking around, looking for someone that wasn't already partnered up. May as well get a litle bit of sparring or something in right?

He just needed to find someone who wasn't already training with someone....
Bramble
Bramble
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] Left_bar_bleue0/0On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

On the Grind [Igen, Kalara] Empty Re: On the Grind [Igen, Kalara]

Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:44 pm
As the sun slowly fell and the hours of early afternoon seemed to stretch on particularly long, Kalara found herself having wandered down to the Eighth's barracks. It was true that she had yet to be invited to the Eighth officially, however the paperwork was already in the works. And so, the towering woman had decided to come on down and visit her soon to be official barracks. Upon arriving, she had mingled with the others there just as they were about to begin their afternoon training session. And from among their number, she had watched as a member of the First Division had appeared with a tiger in tow of all things. What is he doing here? Are there logistical things to take care of? Or is he here to train with us? Kalara wondered to herself.

Kalara could hardly believe her eyes. And yet, the tiger stood in front of them as clear as day, fur shimmering in the light as she proceeded to lounge just a little ways off. Kalara found herself swept up in the tide of admirers, hovering close to the outside of the circle. Contrary to them however, she didn't try to approach but instead contented herself with a quick, and relatively unintimidated, rather awed trailing of her fingers through the tiger's fur before attempting to retreat quickly. Sometimes having such long reach is lucky. She mused.

Kalara cut a distinctive figure from the rest of the crowd not only as she towered over nearly everyone present in the courtyard, including Igen himself. But also because her eyes held a sort of distance that caused her fellow peers to give her a wide berth. Igen might sense them straying away from her instinctually, though it hardly seemed to be reciprocate. In fact, should Igen choose to watch, he'd notice a bit of a pattern. Kalara would notice a small inefficiency in a squadmate's stance and wander over. She'd correct it with small nudges before lumbering off, just as quickly as she had arrived.

And finally, Igen would see her shunpo away to rucksack she had seemingly abandoned just inside the courtyard, it sagged heavily and must have been filled with a great weight. This expectation would be proved correct as Kalara withdrew from it a small, broad pillar stake of an unusual stone, wrapped in a thin bandage and some padding near the top. Greater examination would reveal this to be Sekki Sekki stone, which she planted heavily on the courtyard grounds and began weighting its base to support its standing weight. Given her relative distance from the rest of her squad, and the fact that she was all alone, she was relatively free to approach.

Shed the shackles, free the mind~

Bramble#7364
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:56 pm

Igen couldn't help but notice the rather massive woman that went and petted Ko. The Tiger notived her certainly, but didn't seem to really pay much mind to the surprisingly timid behavior of the massive woman. Igen himself raising a brow slightly as he watched her wander around a little before getting .... a rock? There really wasn't any way for him to tell what it was, frankly, it just seemed like a smooth stone. Though as she started to set it up, he decided to take the initiative. Finishing his drink, he set the canteen to the side and got up, promptly making his way over to the large woman and putting on a big friendly smile.

"Hi there! Need some Help?" He asked, quite a bit of jovial energy to his voice as he stopped a short distance away and made his presence known. Just a simple greeting and a question. After all, the girl seemed a little on the ...uh..quiet side? So he decided to keep it simple for the time being.
Bramble
Bramble
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:28 pm
Indeed, Kalara was full of such contradictions. Had she known what Igen was thinking, she likely wouldn't blame him for feeling such surprise at her rather demure nature. Nor might one expect such a shy woman to have such drive as she did. And yet, Kalara exceeded both expectations. Still the general attitude hovering about her, was one of intense loneliness. And as such, as Igen approached, Kalara seemed to flinch with surprise. Faded, green eyes rose to study the lanky, young man in front of her.

"I could use some help, yes. It's an old training exercise of mine. Sensei used to make me do it for hours." Kalara explains, accepting Igen's help as she kneels down to properly position the weights around the base. "If you could just continue to help me steady that upright, that would be great." Kalara asks, as her fingers begin scrabbling around in the dirt for a few minutes. "Okay, it needs to sit into this hole now." Kalara informs Igen as she envelops the pillar in one massive hand, fingers encircling its circumference. Having formed a shallow hole, she grabs the pillar and sinks it into the ground. Toughened fingers then begin piling on rocks and dirt until a small mountain has formed around the base of the pillar leaving it shuddering in the ground directly upright.

"You strike the stone see, and it absorbs your reiatsu. You continue to do this until you run out of energy, making sure you're striking in such a way that all your reiatsu flows into the Sekki stone. You simultaneously work on expanding your reserves and your control." Kalara found herself explaining, shocking herself at how she seemed to be rambling on. Geez, am I really that surprised this guy came over? Well, you do usually send people screaming in the other direction. This must be a nice change of pace. Kalara thought to herself, swiping a hand through the air near her temple as she heard her Zanpakuto's unwanted input. Quiet, you. She retorted mentally, though there wasn't any real bite to her words. "Sorry, Hisui Sanzuki (Jade Mountain Moon), my Zanpakuto, wanted my attention."

Bramble#7364
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:16 pm

Igen raised a brow and nodded as he watched her setting up the stone for a moment and let his head cant a bit to the side. A little intrigued to say the least, in regard to her uh, unique manner of training. It seemed a bit on the monotonous side, though was that kinda just what you had to do? "Huh, that seems a little boring. Why not spar with some of your fellow squad members? You could probably expend the same ammount of spirit energy and get some combat experience while you're at it. I certainly wouldn't mind if you needed a sparring partner." He offered with a calm, optimistic smile of his.

Certainly something was a little off. Basically EVERY person in the Eighth Division was fairly personable and social. As a matter of fact, he knew the Soon-to-be Lieutenant Rangiku was AGGRESSIVELY friendly. And the Captain Rojuro had been going out, and even scouting academy students. So it was a little strange to see a division member of the Eighth so ....reclusive? Maybe there were less sociable members lower in the ranks? It certainly was something to look into, especially with this woman seeming to be so isolated in her behaviors. He made a mental note to see if he could speak with a few of the officers. Certainly IF there were a lot of timid types in the division he could stand to join them for training more often. But he'd worry about that later.

Bramble likes this post

Bramble
Bramble
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:15 am
Kalara watched impassively as the confusion etched itself on his face. She was fairly evident she could guess what he was about to ask. In fact, as Igen asked the question about why she didn't spar with her squad mates, he would receive a slight acknowledging raise of the brow from her. Kalara turned towards him fully at that and rested her left hand on top of the pillar. His summarization wasn't entirely incorrect, but there were a few points that she felt needed addressing. Especially as he was part of the Command Division. For all Kalara knew, he was there auditing her branch and even if it was unnecessary she wanted it correct for the records. "I'm recovering. I do spar with my other teammates on occasion." She said, before murmuring softly under her breath. "Well those willing to spar with me, anyway. Most of them seem afraid of me."

Turning her attention to the pillar once again, she patted it. "You're right though about this. It's supposed to be boring. The exercise is as much about concentration as endurance, over long periods of time. I mainly use it as a focus tool. The repetition helps me concentrate, and sort out my... thoughts." There's a slight shudder through her frame as Kalara winces. And for the briefest of moments, her reiatsu flickers growing exceptionally dense. Familiarly dense. A sharp, piercing voice shrieks into her thoughts in delight. I smell a fight~ Not now, I don't have time to deal with you. Oh, piss off. Come on, let me rip him to shreds. It'll be fun. I'll give him a beautiful beating. I said NO.

Having said that, now that Igen had broached the subject and seemingly penetrated into her aura of isolation, Kalara found herself loathe to simply ask him to leave her alone. "My Zanpakuto is a bit...touchy right now. Don't use me to cover her up~ She's your broken half. I am exceptional and you damn well know it. She heard, and winced again, squeezing faded emerald eyes shut. Using her fingers, she pushed up the strands of her two-toned hair that had drifted before her eyes, and massaged her head. "So if you want to do some light sparring, I'd ask for hand to hand."

Bramble#7364
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:34 am

Igen paused for just a moment as she gave her explanation. Afraid? But it was at that point that she seemed to suddenly get distracted. And that spiritual pressure waver. That VERY specific spiritual pressure flicker that he recognized from his own graduating class. After all, Vizards weren't a particularly rare thing. There were a good few in the academy. And promptly he ...well...it wasn't hard to guess what was happening. But this only raised more questions. Why would his Squad be afraid? Their Captain was a vizard. He furrowed his brows for a moment before that gentle smile returned to his face. There was no reason to make a big deal of things.

"Hey are you okay? You don't seem like you're doing too good..." He looked around before he promptly gestured off to the side, indicating that Kalara should move off to the side with him, away from the other squad members. Taking a seat opposite of her, he offered her a friendly smile. "Can you tell me a little more about what's going on? Why are your fellow squad members afraid of you? You don't have to hide the fact you're a Vizard, Miss, I can tell by your spiritual pressure." He assured her. Taking a moment to look around. If she was a vizard with poor hollow control, she SHOULD have a handler nearby that was keeping an eye on her. And if not, that was definitely something he'd have to get straightened out.

Bramble likes this post

Bramble
Bramble
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:30 pm
Since the invitation had apparently stalled, Kalara squared up with the post once again, and took a step back. Lowering her center of gravity slightly, she rose up to her toes. Using the slight rotation of her hips and her grip on the earth, she generated the force for the strike. Transferring that force through her core and shoulders, she imagined a river of reiatsu transferring through her arm to her fingertips and palm. She concentrated on keeping the entire amount condensed as a single force and slammed her palm into the post, causing a deep thump and violent shudders. Behind the post, an intangible force seemed to breeze like wind, and gashes splintered along the ground away from Igen and her. Kalara regarded the cracks for a moment, as her face twisted with frustration. Her concentration was absolutely shot right now, what with the possibility of a Command audit, and the voices of the shared spirits inhabiting her body arguing with each other. "I'm not well..."

Rubbing her scarred fingers of her right hand with the scarred fingers of her left, she accepted Igen's offer to recuse themselves from the group. Dropping to the ground with a thump, Kalara folded her legs and hunched forwards, resting her elbows on her knees as she clasped her legs to her. It seemed an instinctual motion. The effect was that she made herself effectively smaller, and less intimidation to speak to, now that she was no longer really looming over Igen as before. As Igen asks her to relate what's going on, Kalara schools her tone, biting down the pessimistic mirth that arises.

"They're afraid of me. I mean, it's not new... I've had most people afraid of me most of my life." Kalara responds, then seems to relent. "But this is different though. There's this strange aura in the air, almost like anticipation. It's like they're waiting for something. You know, like something that should've happened already but didn't. That sort of feeling." She shrugs and motions to her arms, which are engulfed in rough, slowly fading scar-tissue from the shoulders down. "I had a training accident a few days back. Got back from a mission and was extremely excited to continue developing my own style. Mission was a bit rough you see. I got injured by a Hollow. Pushed it a bit too far, I think. But thanks to the miracles of the Kido division I was healed. Caused a hell of a weird dream though. Ever since then though, people have started drifting away from me."

At the mention of her being a Vizard, Kalara actually blinks. "Wait a...what?" She retorts before holding up a hand. "No, wait we learned this in the academy. A Vizard is..." She says, slowly trailing off as realization took her. Oh look, she can figure it out if she puts her mind to it. Surprise, hun~! Wow, you must have really been out of it when you beat me in that race to have not put it together till now.

Bramble#7364
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Igen could understand the woman's frustration. And as the situation developed, he began to understand more and more what was going on. This woman was having a hollowfication process but DIDN'T have any of the supportive measures generally in place. No.... more likely the girl simply hadn't been oriented. With the formation of the Eigth Division, it was entirely possible that that part of the internal workings simply hadn't been implemented yet. He'd get to the bottom of it regardless. That said.... something clearly had gone wrong. He frowned ever so slightly and stood up. This situation was a bit more serious than He'd thought.

[color-salmon]"I see. This isn't a rare occurrence. These situations can happen, however. I do know that if you had residue of Hollow Energy inside of you, you likely wouldn't have been released from Kido Division Infirmary until you'd been assessed. Did you leave the Infirmary before you were cleared?"[/color] He asked. His voice was serious, but not scathing. It was reasonable to think that she was out of sorts. Especially if she was suddenly being tormented by an inner pollutant. If nothing else.... it was good that she seemed to be stable. There would't be any need to have her restrained or confined, but her spiritual pressure WAS unstable.

He rose up to his full height, and offerred a gentle smile, and held his hand out to the woman. "Everything is going to be fine. We have plenty of Vizards in the Gotei. In fact your Captain also is a Vizard. In such a circumstance, a handler will usually be assigned in the event that something happens. Your squadmates are nervous because we can sense your spiritual pressure. The hollow is something that we can sense. Come with me. I'll take you to Third Division, and we can have you assessed and set up." He explained gently. Not wanting her to panic or freak out. After all, she was handling things pretty well. Once they ascertained if there was any danger, the girl could be processed and oriented. That smile brightened on his face, hoping that it would help her feel at ease.

"I'll take you there myself. Okay?"

Bramble likes this post

Bramble
Bramble
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:27 am
Igen's direct manner and soft spoken words served to quell a lot of the anxiety plaguing Kalara. She seemed to be fidgeting less and mellowed out slightly. At the very least, she had taken it to heart that a Vizard could still serve the Gotei United, and could even attain the rank of Captain. And Igen had also knowingly created a link between herself and her division. After all, if the Captain was a Vizard, then he would have certain understandings of the struggles Kalara would face.

When Igen asked her about her leave from the Kido Corp's Infirmary, Kalara could only manage a shrug. "Honestly, I was rather out of it. I don't really remember much that happened whilst in the Infirmary. It's all a little...fuzzy? ...Groggy? Bit hard to describe actually. Apparently, I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. Last thing I remember though was an old academy teacher/nurse visiting me. He made me promise to stay until my arms healed. I'm not saying it isn't possible that I left when I saw my physical injuries had healed. But I genuinely don't remember."

She was also rather surprised at the fact that she couldn't sense her own reiatsu's transformation. Though she supposed that it was akin to something she had once told her father when he had warned her to beware of snakes' rattles. That it must be funny that the snake couldn't sense it's own rattle, since it was attached to it.

Kalara exhaled as Igen described the proper procedure to a Vizard's service. She wasn't sure about how she felt about having a handler assigned to her. Or about being assessed by the Third Division. She had heard they were involved in a bunch of experiments. And as for the handler, she remembered feeling confined within the walls of her family estate as a young girl, unable to properly connect with people due to her isolation. This was just a longer lead. But if that's what it took to stay... "Alright. I'll come with you." Kalara says, rising to her full height. Dusting herself off, she returns Igen's smile with a small dip of the head and the ghost of a strained smile. "Lead the way."

Bramble#7364
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum