Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora]

Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 pm
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 DWAnyY1

Rangiku Matsumoto

Rangiku would smile and wave off with a bit of excess, "Nah, i'm just teasing you! I'm glad you're keeping yourself well fed."

Though she wouldn't give further comment on her reasoning, as there was one quite big reason she was there; the affair with Ichigo, but that wasn't an appropriate topic to bring up with a student, much less considering it was part of 8th's purpose that wasn't outwardly broadcast. She did genuinely wonder what was going through that kid's head, he wasn't ever the bright and shining sort, but his current actions were just not at all the Ichigo she was familiar with from way back when. She guessed she didn't want to see anyone else go south that way again...

A brief thought was given, a memory of another, before it was placed away. She had long come to terms with him.

"..Ajora," Her tone took a bit more of a serious inflection, surprising of someone so calm and outgoing, "I'm not gonna force you to make tons of friends if that's really not your speed. But I want you to promise me not to completely shut off from others. You might find others that work out for you, and then you'll have a little in-group. Just don't feel or think that you gotta face the world alone, OK? There's gonna be people wondering what's going on or wanting to be there for you, ya just gotta find the right people."

END|
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:11 pm
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 HEADER_ExqPQoQVEAQNynL

Ajora hummed softly at that and gave the woman an even stare. She really was one of those types. The helpful types who would reach out to most individuals. She vaguely wondered if she'd been some imbecile struggling with classes, would she be here now? Getting a similar talk? She supposed it didn't matter.

However, as the woman's voice became more serious, she refocused and listened as the woman offered her sentiments. That she should keep herself open? For people who would ...what. Care for her? Feel concern toward her? She felt a bit of doubt toward that. Hiroe seemed to care for her. But did anyone else? Would any other students take much of a concern? "Such as yourself?" She ventured rhetorically. She didn't mean to sound sarcastic of course, after all, Rangiku did seem, for some reason to have concern for her. She considered the suggestion and went quiet for several moments.

"I....suppose I can try to do that." She murmured. She didn't sound very sure to say the least, it wasn't exactly as if she had much to gain from complying with the woman's request. But SOMETHING certainly seemed to be bothering the woman.

"What exactly is so bad about going things alone?"
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:28 pm

Rangiku Matsumoto

A cheery tone would meet that dubiously intentioned question; she WAS trying to make herself out to be somebody Ajora would feel comfortable approaching, if anything, so she wasn't up to determine that question was meant sarcastically, "Of course! You might not be my student, but that doesn't mean I can't care about you. I go by the Academy and talk to all sorts of students for all sorts of reasons all the time. Well not always, when work lets me! I may not be a teacher anymore, but i'll always be Matsumoto-sensei, yknow?"

Though, she would go to rest her head on her hand as she thought about Ajora's question, as glad as she was for the young lady to want to at least have an open mind, she was trying to figure how to put it...

"Well, going things alone isn't always bad, but when you decide to push everyone away and focus on this one thing..." Her eyes rested on the remains of her tea, the happy expression of what most knew as an airheaded woman seemed to be neutral, deep in thought, "..You could end up becoming someone unrecognizable, by yourself and everybody who tried to be close to you. It'd probably even destroy you, being alone and having nobody able to back you up or pull you away from a bad decision.."

Light blue eyes would blink rapidly, "Oh! Sorry if I was sounding a bit like a downer there!" A laugh and wave off would follow, "But I hope ya get what I mean," Finishing with a wink.

END|
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:07 pm

A pause given as she seemed to stare at Rangiku for several moments. Was that a sincere offer? That she could simply.... speak to this woman in the future if she was having issues? She wondered how sincere that was. And yet, she considered it. Certainly it was better than going to those pathetic classmates of hers. And perhaps, it might help. The woman seemed...knowledgeable about such social interactions. If this was going to be a recurring concern with her superiors, she could perhaps...treat this as another thing to learn.

Regardless of the sincerity. It might behoove her to at least APPEAR sociable. Even more, there seemed to be even more that this woman might potentially be able to offer. She made note of that tone the woman had held in that advisement. It wasn't just a hypothetical musing. The way she spoke spelled experience. If not herself, then perhaps someone she knew? Was there someone else that she reminded Rangiku of? Hm.

"I don't. But ..... perhaps I'd like to. If it's all the same to you. I think I'll take you up on that offer. You seem the social type. I suppose I could benefit from learning how to ....... tolerate the presence of my classmates."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:49 pm

Rangiku Matsumoto

Clasping her hands together, a beaming smile was given in return to Ajora, "Well, great to hear! The least you can do is give things a chance, right? Might not always work out but, that's life."

Shrugging, she'd smile and write something on a napkin, sliding it over to the young woman - it was her phone number, decorated with a heart at the end, "Just call me or catch me if you ever need to talk. I don't care about silly or weird you think the subject is, I want you to feel like you can come to me. I'll do my best to help you out, as a teacher and your senior~."

Happily greeting the server, she'd get the payment taken care of unless the girl wanted anything else.

END|
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:38 pm

She paused as she accepted the napkin, her head canting to the side. Ah, she put a little heart on it, was that supposed to be cute? A pause as she took a napkin of her own and proceeded to write her own number, with a brain sketched beside it. That meant she was smart, right?

All the same, she let her attention shift back up to the Lieutenant as she was offered the olive branch. Talk to her about anything? Hmmm... she paused for a few moments and let her gaze shift off to the side. Well, if the woman was going to be a resource for social interaction. She may as well test the waters, if she really DID mean anything.

"Actually. There is something you could help me with a bit. I told you that a friend of mine , well, my only real friend. Had some issues. She seemed to get over them by getting under a particular street urchin. A young fellow by the name of Kaito informed me that he had gone out on a date with him. Do you have any recommendations on preventing them from becomming a couple?" She asked calmly enough. As if it were the simplest thing in the world that Ajora would want them to stop dating. Of course, no doubt she'd get a funny look. Ah, more context was needed. Of course.

"Naturally, when the young man explained this to me. I decided to test him. But he was rather pathetic. He was weak. And he was also rather ...filthy. Despite having a perfectly good uniform, he seemed to willingly dress himself in rags when not in class. I was not impressed, but I'm not quite sure how to get him away from Hiroe."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:37 am

Rangiku Matsumoto

Rangiku held back a small amused laugh as she'd accept the napkin in exchange; the young lady did seem to be on the socially strange side overall, so she imagined she just had to handle any advice toward her delicately. Students doing well academically definitely can suffer in other areas, and she was assuming that was what she was being privy to with Ajora.

Though when she brought up her first conflict going on, the blonde's smile went from pronounced to a little confused as Ajora explained she... Wanted two people to not become a couple?! She definitely was looking at her strangely, even as she gave "more context", which frankly sounded like her being unimpressed with her friend's crush than anything else.

"Alright alright let's slow down a bit," She'd wave her hand quickly as if to reign in the conversation, but maintained a kind face and tone, "I'm hearing a lot of 'me's and 'I's here, what about Hiroe? You can't just tell other people how to live their life, yknow? Sure it might be frustrating she's interested in someone you feel might not be good enough for her, but that's for her to decide on, not you. For all you know, things fall through and they don't get together. But that's just as likely as things working out and they do."

Seeming to think for a moment, she'd continue, a knowing look on her face, "Are you afraid she won't have time to be your friend if she's going out with this guy?"

END|
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:55 pm
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 HEADER_FWHftreakAI_Ic-

Ajora made a slight face as she made note of Rangiku's response, staring at the woman blankly before her brows knit together. As if not understanding the look of confusion on Rangiku's face. She went silent for several long moments as she listened to the woman's terse response.

"Why not? You have advised that I myself change how I live my life here in the academy out of a sense of concern. You believe that by continuing ti isolate myself, that I will incur some irreperable damage. That I might be imperiled by such a decision. Why then, can I not extend that same concern for my friend?" She reasoned simply enough.

"Hiroe is a fragile thing. At least in her own head. By comparing herself to me, she tore herself down. She's easily swayed by her emotions, a bit of encouragement, and she's suddenly happy and carefree. But even the perception of inadequacy, and she begins to doubt herself. Kaito is an idiot, and is more than likely apt to speak carelessly. And I feel as though attaching herself to such a man is bad for her." She stated firmly enough.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:17 pm

Rangiku Matsumoto

Quite the case, this one... As much as she wanted to help Ajora with her troubles, if the young woman wasn't willing to consider she might be making a bad call, there ultimately wasn't much the ex-instructor could do about it in the immediate. She heard her out and understood why she was coming to these conclusions, but they weren't incredibly great conclusions at this stage, either. It truly sounded more like she didn't like the guy and didn't want to include him, rather than him being bad to her friend or anything. How to put it in a way she'd get...

"What if he makes her happy?" A calmly produced possibility was given in response, but Rangiku had a tone of insistence and passion despite her composure, "Even if what you're saying is true, even if he's a sloppy guy who doesn't think too hard about what he's saying, so on so on... But what if he treats her well? What if you're not seeing a good side to him that she is because of your quick judgement? Even if you succeed in breaking them apart, would Hiroe really be better off? Not to mention, she definitely would be mad and not want anything to do with you if she were to find out you were the one gunning for that."

Sighing, she'd place her hands on her lap, "Look, I can't make decisions for you; you gotta be your own person and all, i'm just saying it'd be best to let that situation pan itself out rather than you try to get in the middle of it. You gotta focus on developing yourself first. But if you're really concerned, talk to Hiroe about it, yeah? I'm sure she'd appreciate your concerns going to her than being put into going behind her back."

END|
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:36 pm
Talk Over Tea [Rangiku/Ajora] - Page 2 HEADER_FWHftreakAI_Ic-

Ajora had to admit that she was placated. She made note of the ....personable approach that Rangiku was taking in response to such an unreasonable opinion on Ajora's part, were she something of a less careful woman, she might have smiled in approval. But rather Rangiku was treated to an expression of someone taking a level consideration of the woman's reactions.

If nothing else, Rangiku was doing a fair job of things given how little of the situation she was privy to.

"You make some fair points. But I think that a greater understanding of the situation would be required. After all, I've expressed concern about the man's carelessness. I suppose at this stage, your primary concern is Hiroe's agency. However, when you're trying to reason with someone, it's important to address the other person's concerns before establishing your point of view. While you've tackled the issue of Hiroe's freedom to associate with whom she wants, you haven't addressed the concerns I had about this man potentially harming her. After all, I did spar with the young man." She pointed out, shifting in her seat before leaning forward in her seat.

"The man was underhanded. It was something more akin to fighting an animal than a fellow student. Kicking dirt into my eyes. Attempting to strike sensitive areas. He was content in using dirty tricks in order to try and match me. Suffice to say, that's hardly a proper sample of his character. But its not a very good first impression." She smiled just a little to herself before leaning back in her set and allowing her good eye to shift back to Rangiku.

"I can understand valuing someone's agency. I can only imagine that it must be very unpleasant. To feel as though you aren't in control of your life. That fate, rather than your own decisions, would affect your ability to be with someone you care about." She noted, her voice calm and soft as she looked very directly at Rangiku while she spoke.

"The Kaito situation is something that, if nothing else, warrants close attention. But don't worry. I don't intend to push Hiroe away with Selfish motivations. I simply intend to protect her."' She slowly stood up, taking a moment to turn and give a respectful bow at the waist to the woman, the paculiar shift in her demeanor no doubt perhaps raising the Lieutenant's brows. "Your earnestness and well meaning are very charming Lieutenant. Thank you for inviting me to tea. But I think I've worried you sufficiently for one evening. Is there anything else you wanted to speak to me about?" She ventured, shifting very slightly, as if to sit back down, but while still establishing that she was prepared to leave things at that for the day. She, if nothing else, seemed satisfied with what she'd gleaned from the lieutenant.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum