Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Saera Kirin
Saera Kirin
Starter Member

A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Empty A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda]

Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:29 pm
Saera grunted with frustration as she kicked the dissolving remains of the hollow that she'd been called in to take care of. It had been a bit too tenacious for the normal earth liaisons to take care of, so they'd called for support from the fourth, which was why Saera was here now. One thing that hadn't been mentioned however, is that the entire damn city of New Orleans was dripping with Demonic presence! Saera gritted her teeth as she stomped on the fractured mask of the hollow that had been extremely unsatisfying to fight compared to the anger she was attempting to keep down. She was well aware that Shadowfall had been broken and the demons banished or culled to the last, or so she had thought, but the lack of active carnage or alarm from Soul Society told her that there was something she didn't know, so she was keeping an iron leash on her fury, but dammit she was going to get answers!

The level of saturation implied that the Demon was powerful, powerful enough to have conquered if it wanted to, and definitely strong enough to find a Shinigami deliberately making herself known. So with that in mind Saera began flashing from rooftop to rooftop, flaring her spiritual presence in an obvious attempt to get the attention of anything powerful enough to respond.

"I can keep this up as long as it takes Demon! Come out damn it!"

Saera Kirin-SC7-HR:C // Text color: [color=#9970b6]

Srath-SC6-HR:C
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Empty Re: A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda]

Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:34 pm

Song: Funkyard - By: Arrowhead & Zentra - Word Count: N/A

Frankly speaking, Arianda knew of the presence of some hollow in New Orleans, and she couldn't have cared less if not for the fact that a few of them were a bit more powerful than the Shinigami seemed to expect. Intending to help, Arianda debilitated one hollow by force before using her rather large influence to hold down this hollow until a Shinigami arrived to purify it. There she waited until one of the nearby Shinigami arrived, to whom Arianda waved and they purified with a great deal of surprise; but had complied upon hearing a few familiar names. With Arianda waving them off, and suppressing her energy to a much lesser expanse, the demon returned to what she really intended to do this day; shop! She lived on top of a mountain, and to get what you wanted, one really needed to go far and wide for shopping.

However, before the demon could return to her errands, she did need to get some groceries after all, the demon's sharp senses caught the faint sound of a yell, and the expanding presence of a Shinigami. Arianda raised her eyebrow, deciding that it was best to wait and meet this Shinigami instead of casually walking away and ignoring it. If someone had a problem with her, it was best to clarify it now instead of leaving without a trace. So, Arianda sat down upon the air, on a hardened bit of energy, and crossed her legs; awaiting for whomever was coming for her. Instead of declaring herself, she waited. IF this person had sensed her, they would be able to find her with ease; even if her presence had shrunk.

"Sheesh, and here I hoped I could have a peaceful day of shopping..."

Saera Kirin
Saera Kirin
Starter Member

A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Empty Re: A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda]

Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:06 pm
Saera didn't have to keep searching long, and soon identified the source of the demonic presence as it had so kindly decided to stick to one place. Less than three minutes after the demonic woman had created her seat Saera flashed in front of her, a frown on her face as she looked her over the demon. The pressure she felt from her left no mistake in her mind that this woman could easily turn her into paste (not that it would stop her from trying to take her on), but the fact that she hadn't, that she wasn't displaying any of the pure unadulterated lust for carnage she'd learned to expect during the wars held her hand. That and the fact that this woman had clearly been here often enough or long enough and was apparently considered enough of a non-threat that she hadn't been informed of her presence when being dispatched to the city.

"I was unaware there were any demons left. I was even more unaware that there were ever any peaceful demons, but based on the lack of alarm, that's apparently what you are."

Saera's grip was white-knuckle tight on the hilt of her zanpakutou, and her pupils were practically pinpricks as she spoke, "If this were even two years ago I'd be coming at you swinging regardless of any evidence or the obvious gap between us. As it is I'm barely holding back now, and I can't allow myself to ignore your presence without at least finding out what's going on. So. Who are you? What are your intentions? Why do the local Shinigami seem to not care about your presence?"

Saera's gaze bored into the woman, though after a pause she added one more thing, "My name is Saera. I suppose I should at least give that to you if I'm going to be demanding answers from you"

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999A clash of past and present [Saera, Arianda] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:00 pm

Arianda's eyes rose to the Shinigami as the woman appeared before her. Arianda raised an eyebrow at the woman as she looked at her, wondering what the woman would do. Seeing the rage within her eyes, the frustration, and the pure honest hatred that burned within her orbs. Arianda couldn't help but let out a tiny sigh as she observed Saera. The woman was so full of hate for her kind, as it was obvious she knew what Arianda was, even if she had no idea who she was. The demon couldn't help but frown as she observed the woman. However, she did deserve answers to her questions. Simply, Arianda gave them, stating everything as it was.

"Ah, but you still could depending on my answers; you're as taught as a bowstring. But, you deserve answers to your questions. First, I am Arianda Vael, demon, a few other things that don't need mentioning, ya already know what I am though. Secondly, My intention was to help the local Shinigami take care of a hollow that was out of their league and to make up for the sins of my past. Finally, they don't care about my presence because of who I know, and because I have not proven myself to be a threat to them."

Arianda stared at the woman forcefully. She didn't influence the woman with her presence, nor her other powers, but the look had an intensity all of its own; that kind of intensity you only get from experiencing hell.

"Nice to meet you, Saera~ Now if you could please unhand your Zanpakuto, we won't have to bother with shedding any blood; unless you would prefer to attack my like you might still intend."

Saera Kirin
Saera Kirin
Starter Member

Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:34 pm
"You should probably listen to her. You know I didn't teach you to judge an individual by the actions of a group."

Saera ignored the floating hallucination of her father that seemed to be standing just behind Arianda, but it had a point. Damn-it she knew it had a point because it was just a figment of her own imagination, and despite knowing that she still couldn't get him to stop appearing to her when she was stressed!

She still couldn't stop the heartache every time she saw him like this.

Still, she needed to calm down. This wasn't the war, this woman hadn't been in the camp in the war before that, and the evidence did point towards her words being the truth, as much as a part of her raged against the bars of the cell she'd thrown it into deep in the prison of her inner world. Kusari no Kanshi-Sha was of course being no help, not that she ever was, merely chuckling from within her sarcophagus, entertained at Saera's use of the prison complex.

Saera met the woman's eyes, and didn't flinch. She didn't know the woman's story, though she recognized the expression. They'd both seen their own shares of hell, and regardless of who'd suffered more, longer, or more intensely trauma like that couldn't and shouldn't be compared, and had to be at least acknowledged.

She closed her eyes and forced herself to let go of the hilt of her blade one finger at a time, taking deep breaths as she brought herself further under control. The rage still wanted to break free, still wanted to throw everything to the wind, descend into the bloodlust that had consumed her during the last war, and attempt to take this being down, collateral damage and her own safety be damned. But she had to be better than that. She couldn't allow herself to become someone who, as the figment of her father had said, judged the person by the group.

Hell, it was even possible that the woman had been involved in the previous wars and that still wouldn't justify pointless, blind violence against the woman. She and her father had granted lessons, and occasionally shelter and food, to more than one person that had been condemned as an irredeemable monster better off dead and helped them find discipline and a way to move forward and become better, granting them a chance to even become at peace with their pasts.

That didn't mean Saera liked it, or that she wouldn't be watching for signs of aggression, but she was not a hypocrite, and she couldn't bring herself to deny the woman the same chance she'd helped give others.

Saera hissed out one last breath and consciously forced herself to relax, muscle by muscle before she responded, Text color: "No. I will not attack you. We aren't at war, and I need to act like it. And it is...an experience and a half to meet you I'll admit to that. I shouldn't damn well judge you based on your race, even if that's a bit fucking hard right now. Though I'll admit to curiosity, what exactly are you doing in New Orleans anyway?"

Maybe making conversation will help me let this go so I can go back to the Gotei without losing my mind.

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:15 pm

It was a tense few minutes as Saera simply stood there and glared at Arianda, clearly struggling with herself for a good portion of time; doing her best to resist her urge to fight Arianda, no matter their differences in strength. After that long period in which Saera studied Ari, seemed to briefly look past the demon, and overall struggle with herself before she finally did her best to relax. The demon softened her expression a bit from her previous expression of ironheard stoicism to one of more understanding. Not quite compassion, but she understood the force of will it took to restrain herself so heavily. The demon gave her a small smile, and gently pushed herself off that energy platform of a seat; looking towards Saera, but not unkindly. Arianda gave her a small, respective, bow before she resumed her original position, and even that was obviously a show of her respect to the woman for such an act.

"Thank you, Saera, for not judging me by the sins of my kin. While I have my own sins to bear and repent for, I thank you for not judging me by my whole race, but instead judging me as a person; it's rare to find someone willing to truly look past what I am. Especially for someone who seems to have endured pain in those times, as I have."

Arianda looked around a bit before she wiped her hands and pulled out her phone, considering a map of New Orleans, figuring out her first proper destination. After looking at the map, and orienting herself a little bit while looking around the city, Arianda finally stopped to answer Saera's final question. The demon smiled at the woman and shrugged.

"Shopping! I live in a rather remote area, a house in the sierra-nevada mountain range, a gift from my late daughter, and getting the things I want is difficult; so it's normally best I go and get the groceries I need for myself. Unless you wish to watch me every step of the way, don't you need to get word back to your superiors? I don't know... much about the Soul Society's hierarchy, but a friend of mine has explained some of it to me before. So, what's your plan?"

Saera Kirin
Saera Kirin
Starter Member

Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:01 pm
Damn it. Of course shed immediately start proving that she's actually considerate.

Saera recognized the show of respect for what it was, and returned the bow. No matter who it was she would always at least offer the same respect she was given back.

"I don't need to actually check in until tonight, though...thank you for asking. And if you want honesty, then yes I am planning on sticking by you for the moment. What's the mortal saying...trust but verify? I am...trying to offer some level of trust despite part of me literally howling that it's not safe to believe you. But I still want to verify, and frankly observing you is the best way to do that. So you can either deal with me attempting to trail you, or let me accompany you and attempt cordial conversation. Who knows. Maybe you'll convince my instincts that my logical brain is right, I'm sure as hell failing at it."

Saera didn't doubt the woman could also leave too fast for her to trail her, but if she did then Saera would likely give into those instincts of hers and do her best to make sure this woman was taken down.

Though a part of her really hoped it didn't come to that. A very small part of her who saw the idea of a demon who was actually living in relative peace as a sign that maybe Saera could start letting go of the ward, just a little bit.
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:38 pm

Well, why not show the woman what was the truth? It was simple, really. Why pretend to be something she isn't, even if some of that demonic savagery still could allow itself to emerge once in a blue moon. However, she was as tame as could be, for a humanoid. Arianda smiled at Saera and gave the woman a swift shrug. She wasn't all that bad when anger wasn't taking over the Shinigami. However, the demon simply began to walk without much preamble; aiming for a nearby clothing store.

"I don't mind then. If it will put your conscience at ease, then please, come with~ You can shop with me for a little bit. But, really, I don't wish for you to get in trouble over me. I'll remind you again later when I'm done, alright? Ah, don't worry about your instincts. They can serve you well, but knowing when to listen to logic over your instincts is always the hardest thing."

Arianda gave Saera a small nod before leading the way into the shop, giving a pleasant wave to the person at the door. As most beings these days could see spiritual beings, luckily no one would think Arianda was crazy for talking with air; except for the rare powerless person. Arianda hummed pleasantly, walking through the shelves, racks, and otherwise observing the content of the store. Arianda took quite a long amount of time considering most of her clothing, not taking things off the hangers or shelves, but when she did, she normally added them to the basket she had obtained at the front of the store.

"So~! How about we try that conversation, hm~? Otherwise this would be painfully awkward. Tell me, Saera, what do you do for the Gotei? A friend of mine is a Captain, I believe, and Saiko... I think she's a Lieutenant? Or maybe she was a seated officer... anyways, what about you, Saera?"

Saera Kirin
Saera Kirin
Starter Member

Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:59 pm
Saera found herself chuckling involuntarily. Normally she'd be able to keep a professional demeanor if the situation required it, such as when giving a report, directing rowdy recruits, or the like, but with her willpower already focused on holding back a torrent of blind fury, painful memories, and a burning need to fight she found her normal personality leaking through instead.

"Thanks for the concern, but trust me, I'm possibly the least troublesome member of my squad. I won't say no to the reminder though."

Saera made sure to nod greetings at the people they passed as well, including the shop attendant, and was content in the moment simply to observe the demon she was...well it wasn't tailing but she wasn't sure what it was. And watching her Saera had to admit that she was just being a normal woman, nothing obviously malicious involved. Her guard was certainly not going down, and it had hardly been any time at all, she didn't know what would come later after all.

Then she asked questions about the gotei.

Saera felt righteous anger build up, a determination that never left her screaming across her as she grit her teeth and tensed for pain, these bastards still thought she'd answer them? She'd be as tight lipped as every other time they'd tortured her, and when she got out, she'd show them, she'd bathe in their blood! She'd- she'd...she'd already done that...hadn't she?

"-aera! Saera! Damnit there you are! She asked an innocent question, now stick your damned flashback back in its cell, you can panic later but I DON'T like my sarcophagus shaking!"

Saera took deep breaths, she'd tensed up ramrod straight and taught as steel cable in anticipation of an 'interrogation' session, and she needed to calm her mind.

"Five things I can smell: fresh bread, cigarette smoke, the ocean, smoked boudin from the cart outside, and far too artificial air freshener. Four things I can hear: the man with the cart taking an order, the air conditioner in the building, people talking, ginny music on the speakers. Three things I can feel: My clothes, the weight of my Zanpakutō, my sandals. Two things I can taste, the boudin sellers wares on the air wafting in that I really need to try before leaving, a little bit of my breakfast caught between my teeth. One thing I can see, a...a likely concerned dem-woman who's being fat mor patient with me than I am with her despite me inviting her day like this, and who even now I still can't bring myself to leave alone."

Saera sighed as her body loosened drastically and the flashbacks finally faded and were contained back in their cell. She sent a quick apology to Kusari no Kanshi-Sha and then have a...nod to Arianda. She still couldn't bow to a demon, even if in this case an apologetic bow was deserved.

Damn it this didn't happen when she encountered demons in the last war! But, then again she had allowed herself to rather happily slip into her bloodlust back then, and that wasn't an option right now. Damn it she really did need some level of therapy didn't she?

"Sorry about that. You didn't deserve it, and it wasn't your fault. Just...bad memories. I don't know Saiko, so I couldn't tell you anything about her, but I am seated myself, fourth squad. We get pulled in when something is too much for the earth liasons to handle. I'm going to have to ask that we don't talk about the gotei right now, I can talk about my experiences in the Rukongai and my life there, I'm not so lost in myself I can't recognize that to have a conversation like I asked I have to be able to share too. How about we trade off questions and stories? If there's a topic you don't want broached then say so now. Mine are the gotei, and the wars, that's about it."
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:50 pm

Perhaps it wasn't normal to ask people what they do for work, especially with the way Saera reacted. At first, Arianda was feeling a little indignant that a guest she had no reason to take along with her had decided to cut her off. However, even as people stared in their general direction for Saera's outburst, Arianda studied her closely; the way her eyes moved... her tense form. Arianda may not be an expert, but the symptoms gave Arianda enough reason to believe she was dealing with something rather intense. Whatever it was, Arianda couldn't know, she couldn't say; but the demon had a feeling it had something to do with how Saera truly felt about demons.

At first, Arianda had reached a hand out to touch her shoulder. But, before Ari's hand got anywhere near, the demon took her own hand back. If she was lost in the sauce, a helping hand could make things worse. Experiencing phantoms of the mind were far more strong than any external experience; and those external experiences could sometime worsen those mind phantoms. So, Arianda waited, shopping a tiny bit still, but keeping a very close eye on Saera, truly uncertain how to help the woman despite all her likely all too apparent worry, before the woman finally relaxed a noticeable amount. Not only that, but she broke her elongated period of silence in which Arianda could only guess what was wrong.

After Saera's explanation, and a request to not talk about work or really anything related to the Soul Society in general, Arianda simply thought for a few moments before she shrugged and gave Saera a warm smile.

"Eh, it's alright! If it's a point of contention, don't worry about it. And I think questions and stories are a great idea! Why don't you start, since you're insisting on following me around and verifying me~"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum