Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty Re: Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid]

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 pm
Application Checklist
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [J]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
  • RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
  • RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Adept (Master)
  • Mental Deduction: Master
  • Pain Endurance: Master
  • Focus: Master

Comments/Notes: The Willpower trait, I feel, would be Adept most of the time, considering how she appears to mostly regard herself as a tool for others. It should, however, be concerned as Master if Ash or someone else who was that close to her was the reason why she was performing a certain action. If it would be easier to write it as Master and treat it as Adept in the other circumstances, that is fine as well. There is also a case to be made for her Pain Endurance vying for Grandmaster; so that may be something to pursue down the line.

Tier: 0-3, 0-2- in Bankai.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty Re: Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid]

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:10 am
Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Black_rock_shooter_2035_mini_sprite_by_jerryrc-d7yhiw0
Updated her history and relationship section.
No need check required, just putting an updated.

Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 WVMWLOu
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 pm
Unbound Magic: Due to the changes, I need you to make note that her demon magic, like Possessive Magic as a whole, provides applications centred around her thematic of misery, grief, depression, melancholy, etc.. That being said, don't forget to adjust her demon racial skill sheets.

Hunger Dejection: It's a very large boost, but I'm fine with it considering the understanding that it's a result of her energy pools and how they interact together, as well as the fact that her shikai unlike most others actually has weaknesses, and quite a few to them as a counterbalancing effect to how powerful it can empower her.

Gluttony of Grief: Make note of what people can do to these monsters; the energy blob-teeth monsters can't just go around eating energy without vulnerability. What can people do to dispel their manifestation or combat these things so that they don't have to worry about it being a variable on the battlefield?

Misery of Isolation: I'd say if she uses this ability in its offensive properties, specifically to sever their ties from their abilities or potentially have the energy-loss rebound incapacitate them, while that's obviously dependent on the individual strength of her opponent, this usage more than once in a post is a bit much. Especially since if she can land it, she can repeat it easily after they regain their abilities. I need this ability to make note that scaling with the enemy's own power, something on that level can take up an enormous amount of energy from Saiko, and that with that sort of usage this ability can only be used once per post, not twice.

Static World: If you could illustrate more examples or give more explanation to how this ability operates, it'd be easier to understand Static World. In its current state, from my understanding it's an ability with essentially unlimited and undefined application, and that she can just alter and manipulate reality around her freely in any sense and application so long as she had the energy to sustain these interactions--and that's a really broad ability without much described levels of potency or central thematic linking to the rest of her abilities and embodiment.

Derealized Form: It'd be good to note that considering the massive energy expenditures of her bankai, from my understanding her conscience and existence now being directly linked to her energy as she doesn't actually have much of a corporeal form, one of the methods to defeat or kill her is to exhaust her energy or take it all up. That said, because her bankai takes up energy, even if her mind is going haywire it'd be wise that she keeps track of how long she's been in bankai and how frivolously she's using her abilities, since her energy isn't infinite, and there's even the possibility that she just commits suicide from using up way too much energy that she can't even sustain her form anymore.

Detachment of Her Body: For an ability on this magnitude, I'd say 1-2 uses in actual combat are a much fairer limitation, 2-4 pushing it and giving her negative effects. Beyond that, considering how freely she can use this ability, on the level of body manipulation of the highest degree, it becomes absurdly broken. I'd say even if she goes into overdrive and uses this ability 2-4 times, she needs to maintain her usual form for at least a post or two depending on how drastically she used this ability. That and, naturally, this would consume a considerable amount of energy.

Shredding Distortion: This ability has the same issues as Static World, in that the applications are so vague, in its current state to my understanding it can do pretty much just anything, just that there's a tinge of inclination to use it to destabilise an opponent with her energy. Otherwise, it can kind of arbitrarily do anything, like turning a cero into water. I need more explanation on what principles this ability operates or at least a central connecting thematic to what sorts of things it can do.

All things taken into consideration, I personally believe with all the threads and progressions Saiko's taken since her creation as a 1-3, it makes sense that Saiko should have Master Pain Endurance. This character was built for abuse and constantly contested with characters way beyond her level, being battered and tossed around fairly often before her revamp. She's been nonstop beaten down, so I do believe it would be appropriate to give her Master in this area.

I think the reverse should apply to her Focus. A lot of Saiko's abilities and manner of operation relies largely on her concentration, maintaining focus and keeping her cool to implement her powers and be in sustained combat; however, due to the nature of her Shikai and Bankai, her Focus goes down. So, I'd say in base, she could also have Master in Focus, but in Shikai this drops down to Elite, and in Bankai it drops down to Advanced because of the listed out weaknesses, her loss of concentration, anxiety, multi-track thought, etc..

« Application Checklist »
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Picture is Visible [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [O]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [O]

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Adept (Elite)
  • Mental Deduction: Elite
  • Pain Endurance: Master
  • Focus: Master (Elite in Shikai, Advanced in Bankai)

Code:
[b][u]Will Skills[/u][/b]
[list][*][b]Willpower/Determination:[/b] Adept (Elite)
[*][b]Mental Deduction:[/b] Elite
[*][b]Pain Endurance:[/b] Master
[*][b]Focus:[/b] Master (Elite in Shikai, Advanced in Bankai)
[/list]

• Comments/Notes: I've went back and gone through all eleven threads Saiko's had since her revamp, and she didn't really have any upgrades between the two applications. So, I do agree with the massive tier jump, and she's been in quite a bit of conflict thereafter to justify sustenance of her tier, but I don't believe that it necessitates and demands her 0-2 bankai. I think in her current state and the previous activity she's outputted--especially in consideration of her never having used bankai even up until now--that it's more appropriate if she's kept at tier 0-3 all around.

Tier: When fixed up, 0-3.

Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:33 am
[adm]I will be making corrections on this app in 24-72 hours.[/adm]

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:01 am
[adm]I've gone ahead and made the updates.[/adm]

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Saiko Mori [APPROVED, 0-3; Hybrid] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:24 am
Unbound Magic: It's my fault for not having better specified or mentioning it; though it's generally par for the course with Possessive Magic, since Saiko is explained to use her own type of magic that can tap into both sides of herself (Kido and Demon Magic respectively), it should be specified that it's still much more difficult to perform magics outside of her possessive thematic than to perform magics relevant to grief, glum, etc.. Otherwise, with the current explanation, it's largely reminiscent of the unlimited versatility of the old, unbalanced demon magic.

Gluttony of Grief: There's still a lot of room for interpretation in terms of the potency of these monsters, and their vulnerabilities, if any, are still ambiguous. As is, not only is the amount of damage they can soak up through their energy consumption ambiguous, but ways to harm them otherwise; there's no foreseeable counter-play, and even if someone incapacitates the creatures by giving them enough energy to have them full, or somehow finds way to disperse the monsters, at current description Saiko could keep conjuring more, making her essentially invulnerable. I'd suggest restrictions specifying their limitations of what can be consumed more (since atm it seems like literally anything and everything within its range can be eaten), what someone could do to disarm/dispel them outside of just throwing enough energy and substance at them to make them full, and having a closer idea of how much they can consume before they reach "full".

Derealized Form: Thanks for editing it; I don't have anything more to say about this ability atm, but due to its potential power paired with a lot of the other, hypersynergistic abilities in her kit that makes this exceptionally powerful, I'll talk with the rest of staff on this ability; by the time the rest of these things are fixed and checked, I'll let you know whether or not there needs to be anything else on this ability (though you'll hear of it probably in staffchat/a meeting anyways, lol).

I think the reverse should apply to her Focus. A lot of Saiko's abilities and manner of operation relies largely on her concentration, maintaining focus and keeping her cool to implement her powers and be in sustained combat; however, due to the nature of her Shikai and Bankai, her Focus goes down. So, I'd say in base, she could also have Master in Focus, but in Shikai this drops down to Elite, and in Bankai it drops down to Advanced because of the listed out weaknesses, her loss of concentration, anxiety, multi-track thought, etc..

• Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [O]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [O]

Will Skills

Code:
[/list]

• Comments/Notes:

Tier: When fixed up, 0-3.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 am
[mod]How're things going with this character? Can we get an update on this character, since it's beena little. If you still need more time on it, that's fine; if you think it'll take a while, I can move it to [WIP] as well.[/mod]

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:21 pm
[adm]I forgot about this. I'm gonna update it within the next day or so.[/adm]

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:06 pm

• Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [X]

Will Skills

Code:
[/list]

• Comments/Notes: The two skills that needed to be fixed were removed, so the app's good to go now.

Tier: 0-3

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum