Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Empty Ghislain Upgrade

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 am
Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade QerxJ3c

» Name Of Character: Ghislain Eberhart
» Link To Character: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t14588-ghislain-eberhart-approved-0-3?highlight=Ghislain

» Upgrading:

Kinetic Energy Absorption: Ghislain has discovered through the fights he's been in so far along with some personal training. That he can absorb the destructive kinetic force to some amount from attacks when they hit him. He can feel the energy and potency of the attack's force. However, needing contact with it is the price he pays to absorb the energy from it. He doesn't absorb all of it as the attack lands a blow against his body. By in taking the energy that is poured into his frame, he is able to make his attacks stronger. Ghislain's understanding of energy has improved from this. Showing skill in absorbing the energy of the earth and becoming more sensitive to it's feeling around him. The type of energy plays a part in this as well. Obviously taking a hit from demon energy or something poison to a Quincy wouldn't go well. He would poison himself before he could take it into his body. What Ghislain's skill here does is take in half of the attack's force into his body. Releasing alongside his own power if he's capable of taking the blow. Taking in the kinetically destructive force as a part of the flow and push and pool of the world. Now there are some limits to what Ghislain's body can handle even to a certain extent different energies. The first condition that must be met is he must be able to physically endure the attack coming. Contact must be made in order for him to use this with the energy. The second is that the kinetic force not is too much for him to absorb. There is a limit to how much he can absorb from an attack. Ghislain can absorb up to fifty percent from an attack's output. Now Ghislain can't instantly fire this back he needs two posts to have his body used to the kinetic energy before sending it back out.

Tier: I was hoping Ghislain maybe earned a Tier Upgrade in the Threads I will be listing below. If not it's fight, was only hoping for a + or maybe something of that nature.

Grand Master: Now this one I am uncertain on as the character has grown a bit in his skill usage and prowess at using his energy. However, if it doesn't quite equal out to that I understand. Just figured better to ask ya know instead of hesitating and being scared. The worse thing is I'm told no to everything and have to put more work in. Nothing too bad there huh?

• Reiryoku Absorption & Manipulation: Ghislain has shown extremely precise and effective control of energy. Being able to seize control of Demonic Energy from Mana's attack and throw them back at her. To even taking some degree of Death Matter within his form. A poison like energy to his people both times. Being able to find a means to utilize his attack. Wounding Mana and causing her discomfort with his powers of energy control. He's also displayed the prowess to take in energy from the earth itself and recover using it. Able to refuel at a very fast pace as he begins taking energy from his surroundings when focusing. Ghislain's sight and sensing of energy have become far more refined as well in the threads. Understanding what he lacks as a person and growing into a better character as it goes on. He's able to send one thousand attacks at Hayden of pure energy with a little time to prepare them. His skill as a former Emperor in wielding the element shows often. Even his fighting styles utilize an extremely precise control of his reiyoku. I feel as though Ghislain is on the right path in these threads to showing an understanding of energy and things of its nature. To be able to truly put out something greater. I have a thread planned with Radioactive where he puts his Potential Energy Absorbing to the test. Against one of the site's true destroyers of the battlefield. His feats will only continue if this isn't enough for him to do so. I will try again at a later date and continue building him. Thank you for your consideration.

» Why: Ghislain's been in a great number of threads. Actively growing and developing himself through experience. Becoming much more defined and understanding person as he goes towards his confrontation with the being Radioactive. Ghislain's plan to face him and grow comes in naturally as he is preparing to understand the changes and differences that have come to society now.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17093-the-iron-battle#110844

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17136-a-visit-to-vastime#110795

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17115-a-flicker-of-the-flame-private#110739

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17087-somewhere-beyond-the-sun#110761

» Extra: [Thank you for the consideration for all the things above.

Last edited by Forsaken Crow on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Teitoku
Teitoku
Blackblood

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Left_bar_bleue0/0Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Empty Re: Ghislain Upgrade

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 am
I have a few questions about this upgrade. Firstly, I think you're misjudging what the word "potential" means, although I think I understand what you mean.

That he can absorb the destructive potential force to some amount from attacks when they hit him. He can feel the energy and potency of the attack's force.

This stands out as kind of weird to me. In reality, this has no limit as to what he could take the potential energy from. Absorbing the potential force from something could be him absorbing the potential force of the Earth colliding with another planet. You didn't specify on whether or not it's purely spiritual, physical or a matter of both. Ghislain is a master of energy, I get that. But like I said, I think you mean the force it currently possesses, rather than potential. For physical energy, it would be that he can take a portion of the KINETIC energy, not potential. Potential would imply literally ANYTHING. Potential energy is potential energy because it doesn't have any energy yet. When it does, it is Kinetic. Please make this distinction, also please give a deeper understanding of how far this goes. How much of the hit can he absorb? Small portions, or sometimes entire attacks depending on the scale?

Reiryoku Absorption & Manipulation: Ghislain has shown extremely precise and effective control of energy. Being able to seize control of Demonic Energy from Mana's attack and throw them back at her.

Okay, but to what end? I feel like that's a big ability claim without giving some form of limit or claim on the type of energy he can control. Is energy, like, entirely useless against him? Because that wouldn't fly. Atop of that, does he have extensive understanding of each races unique energy? Because each race is unique in their energy types, categorizing them as all "he can manipulate their energy, no matter origin" seems a little strange. Although this is generally fine, just want to clarify limits and the types of energy he can control. If it's all races unique energies, alright but I want clarification.

As for the tier upgrade, I'm willing to bump him up to 0-3+.

As for the GM, I'll decide once these things have been more fleshed out so I can get a better understanding of their depth.

Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Ap8OoJO

Anonymous

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 pm
Just wanted to note everything as fixed.
Teitoku
Teitoku
Blackblood

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Left_bar_bleue0/0Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 am
[mod]After discussion and changes, the Grand Master, abilities and the + upgrade have all been approved.[/mod]

Ghislain - Ghislain Upgrade Ap8OoJO

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum