Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha]

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 am
Cough cough...

The girl had let out another bout of coughing, this time the cane hardly able to hold her up. She was quite worried she was getting sick from how weak her body had become, but she kept at her activity. She was trying to get her strength back, having gone to a small gym that, after a few days of watching, didn't have too much activity. She didn't want anyone asking any questions or learning of her identity; she had people after her and thus had to lie low in order to not, well, be killed obviously.

She was lifting light equipment in one hand, using her cane in order to support her balance. Though she wasn't directly focused on killing and more unhealthy habits, she needed to get her strength back up to function normally. She had been consistently visiting the gym for a week or two, and was already starting to feel herself get stronger once more (while having a bag of regular candy at her side, of course). Her thighs were rather sore, well they had been so before she even exercised which puzzled her. Such a long period of time being a blank; it had to have been at least a month or two that was completely scooped from her head. Any efforts to remember only led to black eyes staring into her soul and something delicious in her mouth.

She quietly toiled away at retraining her arm muscles, hearing the bell of the glass gym door ring as someone walked in. She looked over, seeing a strange looking man with a tail. Right... That. That was another thing that got Neo bothered to high hell; a bunch of creatures she thought was religion hogwash were actually real, like really real.

Reach out and touch it brand of real...

It bothered her, her sense of reality having been knocked off it's feet and put onto its head, when actually the head was the feet and the feet was the head... It was a mentally taxing experience for the girl; she thought those strange traits were just a product of her mind viewing things wrong, and thus would cause her to eat the candy...

A dark figure hung over her, having brought a hand out and running it through her hair, placing a kiss on her forehead; the quiet murmurs of talking that she could not understand teased her ears, lips moving before her.

The girl squeezed her eyes shut, dropping the weight and putting a hand to her head, causing her to groan gently as a headache rolled around.

"Is something the matter, ma'am?"

Her head looked over to the receptionist, who appeared worried of her behavior.

"No, it's okay. I'm going to set out for the day."

Neo gingerly bent down to pick up the weight, putting it onto the rack and walking over to the lockers. She retrieved her bag, slinging it over her shoulder and making her way out.

"Thank you, have a nice day!"

The cheery voice of the receptionist called after the girl as she pushed the door open, making her way out.

---

Neo walked through the streets, her green hair draped on her shoulders as she had her head exposed for once instead of obscured by her hoodie. Thinking about it, it would look suspicious if she was walking around in a black jacket with a hoodie on, so it would be better to look as if she had nothing to hide, and thus went along naturally.

Then a store caught her eye; something involving stuffed animals. She hobbled over to the glass display, having a cardboard display of a teddy bear operating a sled full of toys with having reindeer pull it. A few little actual teddy bears were on the bottom, on top of cotton that was intended to be snow, dressed up as Christmas themed critters like elves or reindeer.

"Have I... Ever played with stuffed animals before?" She mumbled, putting a hand on her chin. What little she could remember of her childhood, she hadn't had any toys, just a bunch of children around her. Some part of herself wanted to walk in and buy one, but wasn't she too old for toys?
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty Re: An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha]

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Yaksha, The Anthropophagus

The door to the store opened with a jingling sound, but no one could be seen in the doorway for a few long moments. There were busy sounds from inside, of children laughing and a few stifling what could've been tears or commentary of discontent. It was warm, inviting...but all that faded as soon as the lanky, ever-so-lanky man sidled into the doorway, carrying in the crook of his arm a teddy bear as large as Neo. He looked down at it fondly, burying his free hand in it with an expression of rapt attention that left him looking almost like he'd just imbibed a strong shot of alcohol, or gotten a hit of heroine. He stroked it for a few moments, then noticed the girl in crutches standing before the window, looking in.

His smile wasn't sheepish in the slightest; if anything, the man looking at her had the look of someone sharing a secret of great value with someone else, like a master showing an apprentice the tools of the trade. He winked one eye slowly, and then straightened up, running his hand through his hair slowly. As he did, something in his gait and expression seemed to change; gone was the naked enthusiasm, the excitement and enjoyment. He looked in fact like a man who had just realized he was being filmed or watched, and had taken a moment to clear his throat before speaking.

"Something about the fur. It just feels...so good on the skin. I never got to touch anything this soft before, you know? It was all cold stone and moldy wood when I was growing up. I never realized until very recently how pleasant it is to just...run your hands over something, for a long stretch of time. Or to wear a fur coat. God, the feeling of being tickled -allllll- over. It makes it hard for me to stay grumpy, or upset. I'm always in a good mood when I've got something to run my hands through. So I bought this, to help me get through the day."

He leaned close, whispering to her in a stage voice, large enough to carry to everyone nearby, as if daring them to respond or say something back.

"That's the thing about being an adult. Having money. You can buy anything you damn well please. I'll probably even write this off as a business expense. God knows I'll be doing a lot of stroking it when I'm talking to people. It's that or get a cat and...well, sitting in a chair and stroking a cat would lead to me sitting in dark rooms with my back turned away from prospective employees, waiting for them to turn the light on. I think the teddy bear is safer for everyone. No one needs to hear my evil laugh."

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty Re: An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha]

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm
Neo continued staring quietly at the display, for a rather abnormal amount of time she would be keeping her eyes on it, the occasional child or parent flashing behind the display, indicating the amount of people inside. Her gaze floated up as she tried to peer past the display, looking at all the children frolicking and playing with toys their poor parents had to buy or face the puppy dog droopy kiddo face. Her mind picked around for any semblance of evidence she managed to experience that kind of thing; of having a parent who cared for her, buckled into her little childish desires because of cuteness, things like that, but no such memory rose. She let out a gentle sigh as she looked back down to the teddy bears, debating on if she was or wasn't past the point of being able to enjoy it and it being alright to possess one.

Then, a strange being emerged from the store, the toll of a bell indicating someone leaving. She didn't look over at first, keeping a steady gaze on the display and a grip on her thoughts, trying to decide, though what caught her attention was the gigantic teddy bear the man had between his arm and torso. She didn't turn her head, no no, she only did a few glances, though tried to pretend she hadn't seen him. What little she picked from his appearance gave her the impression that he wasn't... Normal, per se. She didn't have any sort of fancy shmancy powers, so all she could really tell is that something was a little off...

She heard the man start flapping his lips, talking about the teddy bear's fur and how he didn't have anything like it before. She heard his ramblings, though kept her gaze to the display in hopes he'd leave her be. His speech made her feel rather uncomfortable, like a set up to a pedophile kidnapping except a million times more obvious. Well, she wouldn't know; he's probably a creep or has something fucked up in the mid-brain, but that wasn't her concern.

What really *did* make it her concern, was when he suddenly leaned close to her and spoke, all close and personal. She understood what he was trying to convey, but he made her feel all the more uncomfortable. She was trembling, her face slightly reddened as she made a slow, careful stride away from him.

"Okay, what do you want from me?" The girl looked at the man, narrowing her eyes, "Are you a groomer? Or is something wrong with your head?"
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:06 pm
Neo continued staring quietly at the display, for a rather abnormal amount of time she would be keeping her eyes on it, the occasional child or parent flashing behind the display, indicating the amount of people inside. Her gaze floated up as she tried to peer past the display, looking at all the children frolicking and playing with toys their poor parents had to buy or face the puppy dog droopy kiddo face. Her mind picked around for any semblance of evidence she managed to experience that kind of thing; of having a parent who cared for her, buckled into her little childish desires because of cuteness, things like that, but no such memory rose. She let out a gentle sigh as she looked back down to the teddy bears, debating on if she was or wasn't past the point of being able to enjoy it and it being alright to possess one.

Then, a strange being emerged from the store, the toll of a bell indicating someone leaving. She didn't look over at first, keeping a steady gaze on the display and a grip on her thoughts, trying to decide, though what caught her attention was the gigantic teddy bear the man had between his arm and torso. She didn't turn her head, no no, she only did a few glances, though tried to pretend she hadn't seen him. What little she picked from his appearance gave her the impression that he wasn't... Normal, per se. She didn't have any sort of fancy shmancy powers, so all she could really tell is that something was a little off...

She heard the man start flapping his lips, talking about the teddy bear's fur and how he didn't have anything like it before. She heard his ramblings, though kept her gaze to the display in hopes he'd leave her be. His speech made her feel rather uncomfortable, like a set up to a pedophile kidnapping except a million times more obvious. Well, she wouldn't know; he's probably a creep or has something fucked up in the mid-brain, but that wasn't her concern.

What really did make it her concern, was when he suddenly leaned close to her and spoke, all close and personal. She understood what he was trying to convey, but he made her feel all the more uncomfortable. She was trembling, her face slightly reddened as she made a slow, careful stride away from him.

"Okay, what do you want from me?" The girl looked at the man, narrowing her eyes, "Are you a groomer? Or is something wrong with your head?"
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999An Amnesiac Girl Lost In The Real World [Neo/Yaksha] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:18 pm

"Groomer? I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to style or condition if I wanted to. And trust me, I have very little interest in hair maintenance. I noticed you noticing the toys, that's all. If you want one, go get one. No one else gets to decide what you can have in your life, so...don't just sit there idly, watching everyone else enjoy themselves. I guarantee you that if you make a few happy memories today, whatever has got you stuck in that spot will seem like a distant memory."

He paused, once more glancing at her, and then tutting ever so softly. He reached into a pocket, withdrawing what looked to be a $100 bill, and then setting it on the windowsill in front of her, before walking away. He continued to carry the bear under his arm, seemingly heedless of the world around him as he continued to plunge his hand into the bear's fur periodically, smiling and whistling to himself. He could sense any number of things in her response...and in the ever so faint reaction each time he said the word memories, but...well, it wasn't his place to pry. Particularly not when she had started off their conversation with such a strong reaction. He was undeniably an odd-looking man, but if she couldn't recognize a genuine attempt at charity when she saw one, then it was none of his business.

"I just don't know anymore. I throw out my best dated references and not even a smile. It really does disappoint me when people can't even remember the days where villains sat in chairs stroking cats. I swear, whatever passes for entertainment in this day and age, it's utter trash compared to the old classics...ah, I can see them now, like a reel inside my head. The beautiful tapestry of memory~."

Yes, this time he may have been laying it on a bit thick. Oh well. There -really- was something so intoxicating about this bear, it was just too hard to be subtle today...

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:53 pm
The girl narrowed her eyes further for a brief minute as the man incorrectly assumed what she meant by groomer; she wasn't going to harass him on anything on incompetence or even be unpleasant due to him not appearing to understand the context she meant. Neo was nowhere near an arrogant person, even if she yearned for control of her life, deep down.

She looked at him as he continued his encouragement towards her getting a stuffed critter if she really wished, soon minorly touching on a memory-related topic. Her mouth was slightly agape as she stared at him, shutting with the girl looking down wearily. She felt all the more violated, like the man had seen right through her and could guess her weak points. She watched as he set a sizable bill on the sill, walking away with his massive prize.

She bit her bottom lip, curiously engulfing her thoughts. Was she that easy to see through? What even was that man..? She never got to speak up and personal with one of these.. Monsters, so she called due to being unfamiliar with terms, and was honestly puzzled of this man's occupation and why he bothered to chat with a teen outside a kid store, being so inclined to even give her cash without even knowing her name. She took a sharp inhale, knowing she was taking a risk in this, and grabbed the bill, moving as far as she could with her cane inside.

The girl emerged once more from the shop, zipping up her bag and hooking a rather small and cute white tiger with large blue eyes. She had gotten the little clip on, along with a stuffed elephant (a little cute dress and bow separate that she didn't need to buy put onto the critter). It wasn't for her, or her enjoyment, rather, a little voice in her head said that... Somebody would like it very much. She thought about it and decided to keep it with her and safe for a while, until she saw this "someone" again.

She made a rushed pace towards the man who had spoken to her before, having remembered which way he walked off. It wouldn't be hard to find him; she doubted many had the audacity to walk around with such a giant toy without a child accompanying them. Of course she quickly found him, almost stumbling as she came to his side, walking along with him and attempting to match his pace despite the weakness in her legs.

"Hey." The girl panted as she walked along with him. "Uh, so, are you one of those... Monsters..? People who aren't human..? Y'know... You look kinda strange so I kind of..." The girl was obviously crummy at speaking; it wasn't exactly a skill she practiced religiously with how little she had to. If he would take a closer listen to her voice, he could probably detect traces of hoarseness.
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Wistfulness and whimsy were in his tone now, as if he were reading a fairy tale or reciting the plot of a story he felt especially passionately about. His eyes were elsewhere entirely, and his body moved nearly on autopilot as he did. Even now, there was a sense of ease and grace to his motions, something that brought to mind a tiger or some other glorious predator on the prowl, surveying the many creatures it could pounce upon and consume at any time. He spoke, in a tone that was slow enough to make it seem like he intended to keep speaking for quite some time.

"When you get to be my age, your mind begins to swell and burst like...a piece of overripe fruit. I often wonder if I'm reliving my own memories, or the memories of someone else. Nothing feels new anymore; every time I meet someone, it just seems to come to the tip of my tongue right away. They say there's nothing new under the sun, and I suppose I'm inclined to agree. All of this is just a new coat of paint on an old memory. I hear stories, and I just...know. Where they're going. And the passage of time turns...strange. I can scarcely think in terms of months anymore. There have been so many months. Do you know, I once wasted five years by sitting quietly in a room, listening to a CD of music from the 20th century? On loop. Five years. It passed...the way a week off from school would've, for you."

He looked down at her, and her stuffed animals, nodding ever so slightly; his movements now slowed, just a little bit more, as he reached into a pocket, and withdrew what looked like a business card. It read, quite simply: "Original Sin: Established." The writing was flowery, precise, and brought to mind the old scrawls of gentlemen using quill pens and inkpots to do their writing. He once more didn't hand it to her, simply letting it drop from between two fingers, and then resumed his stride.

"I'm the worst kind of monster. I'm very nearly as human as you are. It took me a long time to remember, and now I cherish every little memory. I even remember the times when I couldn't remember. And they...bother me, to this day. How I wish I could forget what it was like to forget. But the mind doesn't work that way."

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:07 pm
The green haired teen kept pace with the man as he walked along, her noticing the pride in his step; his motions made him feel bigger than how he actually was, and that made Neo feel all the more small, at least compared to him. She had a hand clutched around her bag, quietly awaiting a response, just to receive something she didn't expect would happen; a flight of fancy in the form of words.

She didn't think the man would sound so goddamn light and fluttery with his words, which only further cemented the idea in her mind that he was, to some degree, eccentric. Or... Very very insane, but really what was insanity to the girl? It was nothing but a word that rang a negative chime in her head, and that she vaguely remembered being used to refer to her, but rejected any sort of mental ailments to incriminate her as such an adjective.

Memories... Memories... Memories... He kept mentioning the crucial part of human consciousness, over and over again, and frankly it was starting to disturb her on a subconscious level. Her brain itched, trying to figure out and make sense of why he kept bringing it up. She had a few missing slots here or there, but it couldn't have been anything serious, would it? Nothing she seemed to have forgotten was important, right? If it was important it wouldn't have left her grasp... Forgetting things was normal...

Normal... Normal...

The little voice peeped in her head again, as if feeding into her self imposed delusion like an impressionable child learning right from wrong. She had a drained expression on her face as she tried to stay consistent in thought, being a hell of a lot easier without heavy drugs pumping through her body.

"Why do you keep saying that?" The girl finally asked, staring deeply at the man, "About, memory... You keep saying it, again and again, what's up with that?" She seemed quite wary on top of that, "Kinda... Freaking me out, really, and you don't even look that old either... H-how can you even waste that much time only on listening to old music? That sounds boring... Ugh..." She seemed droopy already from expending so much energy into formulating understandable words and speaking them.
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 pm

"Humor me. We're going to play a game. Count your steps. One by one. Each one is going to represent one month of my life."

Now, his voice was deep, rich, carrying the softly honeyed tones of one used to having their words followed. There was a mellowness there, a certainty and depth that seemed almost hypnotic, a sense of absolute confidence. He brooked no argument, allowing silence to reign as he walked along beside her, examining everything around them. It was all so incredibly strange, so unique...made all the more interesting by the incredible sense of familiarity and warmth it brought on in his head. A sense of deja vu, as if he had been here so long ago, the memories had faded to dust...leaving only the feelings.

Feelings. That was what the problem all boiled down to. He spent so long telling everyone he was a creature that had surpassed instinct. That he had learned how to practice self-control, and certainty. He knew the truth, however; that even now, he was a bundle of nerves, a creature that slipped between feelings without boundaries. A...thing that had no capacity to understand the way things had been, or could be. He struggled with it, clutched at it, scrabbled at it like a man trying to climb a sheer surface...and every time felt his mind splintering at the revelation. How could it be this hard to regulate his own feelings? Weren't they his? A by-product of neurons firing, chemicals building up and draining? What right did his own body have to betray his mind like this? How was it he could be so helpless against himself?

He tightened his hands into fists, continuing to walk in silence. It was a heavy, rich, oppressive silence, something that seemed to almost taunt the two of them with its presence, seemed to demand it be filled somehow. And finally, after nearly thirty minutes, Yaksha spoke one word in a slow, rich, hoarse tone of his own...something that one would've expected to hear from someone who had been crying for quite a long time.

"Stop."

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 pm
"I- Bh... Okay."

Neo would have put up more of a fight, but considering the simplicity of the request, she hardly had much in her to butt heads over it. Easy enough; even if he was a monster he couldn't have lived that long... She began counting her steps, one by one, watching her feet going back, and forth, and back, and forth, again and again, the monotonous action being one capable of lulling one to sleep from boredom if it weren't her legs doing the walking, along with waves of discomfort, normally interpreted as pain, though she no longer knew it's name, rushed up and down her weak legs as her cane tapped against the ground.

She counted a sizable amount of steps after some time passed; had to have been enough, right? Roughly 20 years or so was jotted in her mind, though she wasn't told to stop. She kept going, kept walking along with this man...

The steps kept going on and on, and soon the girl had stopped counting all together, feeling her heart flutter about in her chest. This... This had to be a joke... Nothing could be that old, nothing... Especially while looking so young... The girl's face had shock scrawled all over it, like a wailing ghost had possessed her and turned her pale. Then her own life came into question...

How much did she even live? The girl mentally grasped at straws as she tried to scrape together anything, anything resembling living, breathing, being... Only a few choice scenes, flashes of reds and smiles, purple eyes burned into her brain... So few details scattered her consciousness, and that's all she had to show for. Neo didn't even know who she was, the real, actual her. It was never a concern... It was always blotted out by blood lust and murder... The need to drown out emotion...

It made her life feel all the more shorter, increasingly fleeting... Her gaze drifted up to the man, who she felt her blood run cold towards when she saw his face. His features were constantly changing and shifting... From moderately normal to an appearance more from a nightmare. It unsettled the girl alright, it bothered her to her very core...

The silence persisted, the girl averting her gaze, until the call to stop was mentioned. Her movements were quite slurred, having to catch herself on the cane before she hit concrete.

"That's..." The girl choked, "That's... So long... How can you remember... Such a long time ago?" The girl looked at her, a face of absolute vulnerability passing over, completely shattering any barriers she had up, "I... I can't even remember my own name... I'm only 16..." The girl pressed a hand to her face, "At least... I think I am..?"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum