Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Black Veil of Naps - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Veil of Naps

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Captain of Naps

Jaeden Crow

Jaeden's eyes showed age and wisdom as he peered onwards. Taking notice of Okuda and what he'd said. He'd gotten better off a small suggestion, well it was progressing. The candle was good progress aside from the exploding part. Physical training didn't matter here as much as mental. Shikai training was different for everyone, he had to levitate boulders. Jaeden's eyes snapped as he got an idea instead. Standing up he walked over towards a portion of the mountain his home sat near. With a quick draw of his blade, he cut through it. Lines appeared making a man-sized rock at the moment. "When I started training, I had to levitate boulders with my powers. This is for later, I'll explain when you get to it. " He said calmly as the woman replaced the candle. Jaeden's eyes were keenly observing the progress. Sword's destroy what they hit in the end. That was how they were made and the art of swordsmanship was killing. That was the truth bitter as it may have been. Jaeden considered softly as he spoke once more.

This was a suggestion that he'd considered after the last result. "We are gonna kick your visualization training up a notch." Jaeden's expression hardened a bit as he looked at the candles. "I want you to visualize that below that wick, is someone's neck. Your wife's throat is below the wick of that candle. If you hit it, you've killed her with your blade." Jaeden didn't like doing things this way. But Okuda needed to see it one way possible. A link to someone precious was needed. Someone that he couldn't give away regardless of his feelings. Often it was a wife, a mother, or a child. Jaeden continued as he spoke trying not to sound cold. "I want you to see the most precious thing to you below that wick. Control it, I know you can do it, Okuda. " His eyes watched ready for the man's success. Jaeden believed in him one hundred percent. He didn't see failure but learning experiences.

There was no secret technique or training to get stronger. It happened through training and experience. That was the way it had always been. The academy had fallen on rough times. It no longer trained them to use their zanpakutos. Not in the ways of the past at least. Jaeden's resolve would have to be mending that. They deserved to learn from experienced people. Not just from some dusty old professors who'd not seen action. Ideas on pencil and paper were one thing. But the real thing as Okuda knew. Was a drastically different field of life. One didn't walk out into the world ready anymore. They walked with experiences looming, in the old days Yamamoto taught at the Academy. It was time for the old ways to return Jaeden surmised.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm
A Good Memory

Okuda could hear the sounds of the man preparing the hunk of earth for...some reason. Okuda’s eyes nearly shot open when he heard the next aspect of the training. That he was going to have to mentally picture his already dead wife’s neck being just below the wick. Okuda let out a sigh as his brow creased in concentration, he began to picture Akane, his beautiful wife that he met in the days of the Meiji Era. Her slender pale neck, dusted by her black hair that was quite long, rivaling his own hair length depending on how the two wore their hair.

Okuda sighed a bit, he did not like this aspect of the training, but he had to admit to himself that he was wondering how that slab of earth would come into play for his training. Okuda then refocused his mind, pointing all of his Reiatsu to the wick of the right most candle once more. Keeping the spiritual energy in a tight stream as it flowed towards the string. He continued to focus himself tightly. He could hear Asahi’s words whispering to him, telling him to burn it all to ashes, to destroy the old man and his home.

Okuda ignored the words, he was after all trying to tame the fire within him. He then pictured an invisible sword being level with the tip of the wick. He then suddenly drew the blade of flames across the tip, making sure it was barely touching the wick this time. He figured that the reason he failed last time was because he did it so slow that the immense heat set off the oils within the wax. By drawing the blade fast, the candle – in theory – would not ignite all at once.

Okuda watched in his mind’s eye as the blade of flames cleanly went across the candle wick. He saw the candle in his mind’s eye burning brightly but still was expecting to hear an explosion. However, he did not hear any such thing nor feel any concussive force. Okuda opened his right eye slowly to see if it had somehow simply just evaporated instead from pure heat, but no his sapphire orb was met with a shock that only subsided when he had opened his left eye. The right most candle was burning brightly and the other two candles stood there solemnly.

He knew that he could extinguish the flame at this point as well, he had extinguished flames as well with his flame control, with a small exhale he managed to kill the young flame. Without waiting for much in terms of orders from Jaeden, Okuda suddenly, now knowing how much ‘strength’ to put behind drawing the sword of flames, drew the blade across each wick, the Reiatsu string splitting into three to touch each candle. As he drew the blade he made sure to angle the blade ever so slightly down so as to catch the right most candle which had shrunk due to the fact that fire melted some of the wax.

He smiled inwardly to himself before releasing his Shikai, obviously quite a bit tired at doing this. He was not used to holding his Shikai for so long. Returning to his usual sword the Shinigami fell to his knees, his face now drenched in sweat as the exhaustion hit him. Okuda looked to Jaeden and spoke with ragged breaths as he was trying to catch his stamina once more “Was...That….Good...Enough?” Okuda was barely able to speak through the breathes he was taking, trying to get as much oxygen into his lungs as he could.

Black Veil of Naps

Forsaken Crow

Template Made By
Okuda Nobuyoki

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
Anonymous

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Captain of Naps

Jaeden Crow

Jaeden smiled happily with the results as he patted Okuda on the shoulder softly. "That's it, sorry I don't like doing stuff like that. But you needed the image of something important to make headway. " Jaeden offered a sad smile to him. He'd had similar issues which took him a while to bypass. Jaeden glanced at the boulder but shook his head. This was as far as Okuda would go for today he guessed. This training had pushed limits and bounders for Okuda. "Prepare him a bed, he's going to need it." He said softly as blew some air from his pipe outwards. The new generation was coming to the Gotei. Soon they would grow and mature at an excellent rate. Okuda was a future for the combat Division. Just as the fledgling Kuchiki was for the kido and healing division. Both held promising potential; something they could mature into if the chance was given. "Bring him some food as well, I imagine he's hungry." Jaeden said as the maid appeared nodding.

She left just as quickly as she'd arrived. Heading back in to prepare supper for them as he sat. Jaeden was more than willing to continue the next aspect of the training. But Okuda needed to pace himself as it was. Burning himself out at both ends wouldn't do any good either. Training to increase his power would come as time did. Gradually and over many days and hours. So he wasn't in a hurry as Jaeden inhaled from his pipe before blowing another small puff of smoke. "Don't rush though, you've already accomplished something impressive. Most people take many months to get any control over their shikai. Especially where elements are involved. " He said offering praise to Okuda's hard work. He'd seen plenty of shikai wielders who were strong. They just didn't learn control when it came down to it. Burned, frozen, or ripped apart precious things. Control was important for many elements you encounter. Jaeden still recalled the one kido who made explosions.

That one was a dangerous little fool who ended up blowing up his squadron on a mission. Combustion was a dangerous power as it didn't work like Okuda. The kid introduced an explosion of reiatsu into the air through several means. Making an explosion come outwards. So that boy never learned to wield his power. Control is needed as is temperance. He wondered how his other promising one was doing. "It's funny, you're the second person in recent months who's ended up getting a lesson. " He said smiling a bit as he nostalgically remembered. 'Much better than the first I'd say in terms of results. That boy didn't do so hot, rumor has it though he got his shikai finally." Jaeden mused about the type it was. Granted he had no interest in teaching that boy. He just gave him a push towards a direction. The rest of it was down to hard work and the trials of life. Nothing was in Jaeden's hands from that juncture on. The maid appeared again handing a bowl off to Okuda. It was a homemade ramen dish with several vegetables in it.

Handing the second one off to Jaeden who said a small prayer of gratitude for the food. Before beginning to consume what was left before him.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:36 pm
SNACK TIME

Okuda slowly stood up, his body still exhausted from the effort he had put into his training thus far. Okuda yanked the tip of his Zanpakutō from the ground and slowly placed it back into his scabbard before pulling that and the Zanpakutō from his belt. He slowly sat on the ground, not above such things, and listened as the man spoke. He had placed Asahi on the ground next to him. He was praising Okuda on his efforts and his progress, stating that he was the second student that he had trained in recent months.

Okuda did not know who the other was, but he did not really care too much either. Okuda then watched as the Maid appeared with some food for the two of them. He held the bowl and its chopsticks in one hand and said a small prayer of gratitude himself. He then began to eat the food, it was good but he knew his wife’s ramen was much better...technically he himself could make a good ramen too, though his skills at cooking had long since lapsed into skills he had not used in close to five hundred years at this point.

Okuda though appreciated the food and made no complaints, after all they were taking the time to feed him and were taking the time to teach him, what kind of guest would he be if he complained at this? Free Lessons, free food, free company, good things were hard to find in all such aspects of life. He then sampled some of the broth of the ramen on its own, and it had a very delicious flavor in its own right, though he was unsure of the flavors that made it up...

Black Veil of Naps

Forsaken Crow

Template Made By
Okuda Nobuyoki

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
Anonymous

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:31 pm

Captain of Naps

Jaeden Crow

Jaeden ate albeit not silently as he took time to speak. From his perch upon the porch where he'd relocated during. "Zanpakuto, are the reflection of ourselves. So training them isn't as hard as the other thing." Jaeden said softly referring of course to the hollow portion. Drinking a bit of the brother made his maid's secret recipe she used. He smiled a bit as he thought back to it. "For me, I hollowfied back when the Gotei wasn't keen on Vizards. So I thought of my condition as a curse. Lost my home and had nothing for a long time." Jaeden said speaking back on the situation. Of when he first met Zefonse the intruder. The man had invaded and come to take a student. Not something Jaeden did willingly. Zefonse's actions were genocidal almost in his method. He didn't just knock people out. He outright killed his Division members which lead him to fight. Jaeden swallowed more of his food. "So I found a place where Vizards were helped and taught. "

Jaeden said pausing for a moment to glance upwards towards the skies. The once sunny vestige had become sunset. It was a pretty myriad of colors that made life worthwhile. "Now that place is gone, believe it or not. My inner hollow and I get along very well. They have funny ways of showing it, but they do care in their ways." He said smiling a bit as he finished his food setting his bowl down. It was quickly retrieved by the maid who took it back to be washed. His family was no longer nobles so she did this because she could. They'd been lesser ones at best. Jaeden had been the head of the family for so long. He'd forgotten what it looked like outside. Kaminari was gone so were many other people. Takehiko Kuchiki and Okuda Nobuyoki seemed like good gambles. Both had gotten lessons for him, Okuda, far more so. Jaeden rubbed at his chin for a moment. He could have Okuda try and lift that rock with his fire. But the question came down to the outcome.

His reiatsu had been used up quite a bit with the candle training. It would be unwise to push him further. Jaeden smiled a bit as he leaned backward. "Tell me, Okuda, do you know what the most important skill for training is?" Jaeden asked this question of the young man. It was something to provide not just an answer. But a correct path guide to being a Vizard. Overdoing anything would lead to someone breaking. There was a time to push to one's breaking point. And times when to slow down and let things recover. The key to getting excellent training was knowing when it was time for which. Zin Yuudeshi his mentor in many ways. Had a very potent fire zanpakuto that burned even the sky red. It was an impressive feat when that man stepped out. It was never slow or dull just a potent figure who arrived. That was Zin Yuudeshi the man brought with him power. Okuda had the potential to become that someday. To stop a battle by just striding onto the field.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:36 pm
[INSERT SNARK HERE]

Okuda listened to the man speaking, and could not help but scoff a bit when the man said that the...creature inside of him had its own unique way of showing it cared for him. He knew that was not quite the case at this point, no his Hollow only cared to listen to Asahi the spirit of Okuda’s Zanpakutō. He slowly finished his bowl and placed it down shortly after the other man had done so, he watched the maid scurry along to pick the bowl and his chopsticks up and take them away to be washed and prepared for another meal down the road of time.

Shinda-en, my Inner Hollow, does not really ‘care’ about what happens to me. He barely listens to me at all, he speaks a lot and is actually loyal instead to Asahi, my Zanpakutō spirit. Asahi wishes not to help me be stronger...but to see the world burn thanks to his flames. If he could take my body or free himself from me, I have no doubt in my mind that he would do just that in no time at all, that he would burn me from the inside out to be freed if that was an option for him...

Okuda knew that was a bit of a downer moment, but he wanted to make it clear to the man who was offering to help him learn how to better use his talents, where he stood with the sources of those talents. Okuda then listened to the man as he spoke once more. When Jaeden spoke and asked him about what Okuda thought was the most important part of training, it did not take him too long to formulate an answer, after all he did spend a good portion of his young life training daily.

The most important part of training is knowing when you should push yourself and when you shouldn’t. When you should take a rest and when you should try to overcome your own limits. If you do that, you’ll know your limits better than anyone else and when it comes down to it in a fight for your life, you’ll be able to better push yourself past and obtain victory.” Okuda sat on the ground, still savoring the flavors of the food he had only just consumed, wondering if this was to be the end of the training for today...

Black Veil of Naps

Foraken Crow

Template Made By
Okuda Nobuyoki

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
Anonymous

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Captain of Naps

Jaeden Crow

Jaeden listened casually to the problems within. The Zanpakuto spirit and the hollow held strange delusions. They believed themselves not needing Okuda in the long run. Jaeden took a drag as he exhaled softly. "Well, both of them should listen closely. Jaeden's eyes took a serious nature now for once. Exhaling a puff of smoke from his lips he spoke. "Should Okuda not get stronger and die, you both cease to exist. Your flame will burn nothing, not the world or anyone. Your volume of output is dictated by your connection with Okuda. Do you know what happens when he dies or perishes?" His gaze not looking at Okuda but within at them both. Jaeden's eyes held an icy gaze to them. They needed to understand one key point. "You die with him, his loss is your loss. Keep that in mind both of you otherwise...One day he will die and by extension so will you. " Jaeden didn't have time to coddle these delusional zanpakuto beliefs. They were outlandish and foolish at best.

To believe they could live without him as a counterpoint. "But that said, Okuda, you must understand this as well. A zanpakuto is a reflection of its wielder. A zanpakuto is born as a manifestation of ourselves within. They are connected very deeply to us generally. But one thing doesn't change the fact of the matter is..I know someone who can help with your hollow."Jaeden gave a dry smile. Because the one he was going to send Okuda too. She was fury incarnate and didn't tolerate nonsense. So the hollow and zanpakuto may have wanted to be on their best behavior. Because if Ulv desired it so she'd pummel them into oblivion. She was a very powerful woman and wise in this sense. She had spent her life with her hollow Hvitt and developed beautifully. But now that this was done training-wise. "Your next destination is to Minatumi Harbor to meet it's Mayor. She'll show you what hollow training is..she's rather powerful so be warned."

Jaeden said with a soft smile walking over to the boulder now. "As for this, we'll do it next time since this time around is time to rest. You did an impressive breakthrough training. Continue using the candles to master your control, up the number to six when you master three." He said softly instructing Okuda. Jaeden After that would come whatever route was needed. Jaeden hadn't gotten even gotten to do all the training he wanted. But this was a good step forward for Okuda. Development didn't happen overnight and besides that. Ulv could help him better than Jaeden could in regards to the hollow. But it would be required that he tell her. "Inform her of what you told me also...you'll see something interesting I imagine." Jaeden came back to his porch sitting down tiredly yawning. His eyes looking at the male now with their organe glow being illuminated in the night. The color of his gaze was almost as though a hollow mask had been dawned.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum