Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sun Sets on Greatness

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:39 am
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Yugiri-header-template3

Yugiri

She had no idea who this girl in the wheelchair was, but Yugiri didn't need to know when she saw her that her heart skipped a beat. Memories rushing where they weren't welcome from her younger years, what happened to her? Wait, who was she and why was she sitting at the front? Yugiri knew all her relatives, every Shihoin. From a narrator's perspective she knew of Keiko Kuchiki being the daughter of Yoshimaru Shihoin however she had never needed to converse with Keiko directly or even see her, she wouldn't expect for her Shihoin lineage to be so noticeable.

"Huh?"

While she was distracted focused on a crying Keiko she received a hug, multiple actually, a half hug from Chidori which ended up as a proper one and a few quick words that were met with silence and a grimace. She didn't know the answer to that yet, so she refrained from giving it.

Once went to sit down though she was already being hugged again. One which threatened to break her strong image when Rio said she was proud and she recalled her cousin's actions that gave her the courage to come here in the first place.

"...Thanks.."

Stop it, her cheeks weren't supposed to get red at that praise. Contain yourself dammit. Hence she retreated to her spot and remained in her hug with Kokoro trying to hide her growing colours.

END POST | FLASH BLOSSOM WITHER

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Banner-Yorucat

Yoruichi | The Flash Goddess

Mhm. In this seat as best she could be, that was when she wasn't being picked up and held like some family pet as Chidori got up to say her words. Kids these days, no respect for the elderly.

It didn't last too long though and she was back in her niece's lap to tilt her head a little confused at Chidori. A little confused initially as to why there would be a delay on her's, then again it's not like she was immediately accessible was it? As for why her's would be separate that was a pretty simple guess, he just wanted to have a private letter for his older sister.

So with a hum and a nod Yoruichi had to move quickly over when Rio rushed over to her wailing sister and onto Keiko's lap while looking at the blind girl stuck in a wheelchair and Kintori behind her but not speaking on the matter.

END | Who needs tachyons to go fast?

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Gamma_Signature
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTThe Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADThe Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:45 am
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Unknown

Hakuyou Shiba | Shinigami of the Silk Road

Hakuyou intended to answer Yoruichi but with the progression of the funeral he found it to be best if he didn't. Not immediately at least. With that he'd listen to the tribute to Yushiro his eyes closing and bowing his head respectfully. His daughters truly seemed to love their father, and this was almost a testament to that. Once everyone sat back down and words where exchanged, the tall Shiba would reach an arm to Rio's back rubbing it softly. He didn't say any words, believing or hoping his touch would ease the burden upon her.

His shoulders, would bare whatever burdens she had. Regardless of if she became his wife, to do any less would make him an undeserving suitor to the princess. But finally, he'd speak softly to Yoruichi as she hoped onto a the lap of someone he did not know. "I was had undertaken a two hundred year journey to a place named, Soul Society West Branch. It is a long story, one I shall inform you.. later." The man would not want to launch into an explanation of it right now, instead shifted his eyes to this one called 'Yugiri.'

He briefly noticed she arrived with a Westerner and seemed.. seperate from the family. He was curious as to that business, perhaps he'd speak with her privately after the funeral. Rio certainly cared for her.

END POST | MOURNING

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 JfH75kA
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 H8Tyk70
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

As soon as Chidori asked everyone to take their seats, Keiko made her way to her designated area, which was surprisingly close up. Close up enough for an unexpected weight on her lap. The girl reached forward to gloss over the weight with fur as the response.

"Oh? Hello, Kitt--"

She paused in realisation. Keiko was at the Shihouin estate, and they were known for a certain trait that Keiko herself could perform. With that in mind, she quickly understood that the person on her lap was not quite likely just a mere cat.

"H-how may I help you, Shihouin-san?"

On the other hand, the speech began, and any help she could provide was to be appropriately held onto at the end.

The speech itself was... very emotional. At some point, and she berated herself for it, Keiko felt jealous. Jealous both that Chidori seemed to be a loved child, but more than that, she knew Yushiro. She grew up with him as a constant figure in her life. And, for a moment, Keiko thought about how she threw that away and fled to the Living Realm. Keiko heard the rumours, and that was one of the things which justified her blanketed opinion of the Shihouin household.

This rise in negative emotions gave fuel to the voice in her head which whispered words she didn't want to hear. It was loud enough that a very subtle energy exuded, one that Yugiri might notice was almost the exact same as her own. Almost like an inner hollow, but, not quite.

Nevertheless, the girl recalibrated. Mostly because, it seemed Yushiro was truly loved. Chidori being brought to tears in his memory was both immensely sad, but also... heartening. To know that, not just from her perspective, but evidently the perspectives of many, her grandfather was a good man. That, hopefully, he would be the standard to the Shihouin, and Keiko's previous biases would be, at least mostly, unfounded.

END POST

88A1A8 5E46AD

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Leviathan
Leviathan
Starter Member

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:14 am
The Shihōin estate was clouded in grey today, it was one of the saddest moments in the clans history as Lord Yushiro Shihōin, who had ran the clan for hundred of years, was now dead. More death? Leviathan could barely take it as he had only just begun his journey to make peace with his parents death now Lord Yushiro was gone. While Leviathan hadn’t known lord Yurshiro all too well, he did remember meeting him some time ago when he stopped by to his parents funeral. The head had given him some great advice and made sure the day had went well despite Leviathan’s constant crying. Another person he cared about was now dead and he had no clue what in the world to do.

Leviathan had came late as he had problems with funerals ever since his parents died but he had to go pay his head respect as he did for his parents. While many had turned out for the funeral such as his daughters Chidori and her sister along with some of his cousins he also noticed a few big names aptly the captain commander, Byakuya Kuchiki and even his cousin the flash goddess Yuroichi, Leviathan’s eyes lay dead on Yushiro’s casket. Luckily for Leviathan, he had arrived just in time for the starting of the service and hearing his cousin speak of her father. While the speech was beautiful, the boys eyes began to tear up as he knew the pain of losing parents and he cried as he heard his cousin wailing off stage. It was the worst feeling of all and nothing felt like it could take it away, why just why did death have to keep taking away the things that mattered most.

Leviathan made his way towards his cousins Chidori and Rio, offering a hug to his wailing family member. “I’m so sorry for your loss” the short Shihōin said with a depressed voice and tears still pouring from his eyes as he made his way to his seat afterwards.
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7900/999999The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:51 am
Chidori was able to get herself collected before the end of the song, but still required herself a bit of time afterwards to get collected and ready to go back up again. This was going to be interesting as her little sister was scheduled to be the next one speaking. She also saw another family member show up, except he wasn't the least bit familiar. Probably one of her distant relatives, but he had some never coming up to her this late into the service. How do you show up late to an evening funeral? He literally had all day- oh well. What's done is done.

Chidori stood up and made her way back to the podium, scanning over the crowd. Not much has changed, still a lot of sad faces and some crying now. It was a heartfelt song that really tugged at the emotions.

"As some of you know, my father had many kids, some of who he was proud of and some of whom he was... less than stellar about." She made a gesture towards herself in hopes of lightening up the mood. Sad people can still laugh, she was a great example of that. "So the next person who is going to tell you about my father and his memory is going to be my younger sister, Rio." Chidori would wave up her sister while also making her way back to her seat. The funeral itself was actually pretty short, since there weren't many people who Chidori knew of that wanted to speak and had something meaningful to say. The last thing she wanted to do was to ruin her father's funeral with shitty planning and so keeping it short was the best way to do that.

Not really paying attention, Chidori's hand reached out to Yoruichi and began to scratch behind her ears. While that was her aunt, she was still a cat and Chidori found cats somewhat therapeutic and calming. Hopefully she would be able to keep her hand,

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Sumera-character-list
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:01 pm
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Banner-Rio2

Rio Shihoin | Defender of the Family

As the song concluded, Chidori made her way back to the podium to conclude her speech and give her remaining thoughts on the man that they all affectionately called "Papa." Listening to that song was bittersweet, now.

It would forever hold the memory of her father and how, even in his children's' most foolish moments, he always stood by them and supported them in whatever endeavors their heart saw fit. To the very end, she had hoped she was loyal to her father and lived up to the image he had desired.

To the very end, she had hoped that he was able to witness his beloved daughters settling their differences and working as a collective duo rather than teasing and bickering at the other's expense.

For a moment, nothing else mattered. Only the sound of Chidori's voice was all that registered in her mind as her older sister exited the stage, handing her the metaphorical baton. With her words, this would likely be the end of the funeral. They could visit his grave but this collection of people would likely never be seen again. So engrossed was she with these thoughts that she hardly recognized, let alone acknowledged, the presence of Leviathan or his hug.

She was neither annoyed or upset by his late entrance... only numb to everything around her. But, she would be no woman of her word if she had told Yugiri to be courageous--only to chicken out herself in the final stage. Taking deep, composed breaths, Rio stood up from her chair and slowly walked towards the podium, clearing her throat and stretching her arms. It was time to talk about how much of a great man her father was and the legacy he left behind.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwhflJnmR8o)

"Yushiro Shihoin - Me and Chidori's Papa... was a man of so many emotions. At times, he was silly and comic at his very core. Even in the moments we may have cried or felt bad about something, he'd crack a joke and then we'd have a fit laughing about that and forgetting about what made us sad in the first place. When we did wrong, he never instilled fear in us. Only wisdom, love, and compassion. I never felt fear in Papa's presence, only the warmth and kindness of a man who wanted to see his daughters flourish, no matter how far off of the path they may have fallen. I know... because I had fallen off of that path once..." Rio felt a tear, perhaps two, falling from her eyes but she continued on.

"When Chidori tended to wander off, roaming around and disappearing without notice, I became spiteful. Originally, all of my training was a way of proving to him that I was better suited to being the head of this clan, and whenever he defended her, I would rudely declare he only defended her because she was his firstborn... but then he had said; "If all you wish to do in your life is prove that your so much better than your sister, you'll never be happy, my child. I never wanted to bring rivals into this world, only two beautiful daughters who I wish will support each other in every moment of their lives. " "

Rio gazed at Chidori with tear-filled eyes and smiled warmly before speaking again.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMe8e5GcY0c )

"If there are any memories I want of him to live on, I would like everyone to remember that, above all, he was a loving man with a fierce spirit and a passion for this family that could only be described as boundless. His honor, his compassion, his courage, let that memory live on above all else. To the future generations of Shihoin, know that he was the true symbol of excellence you should all strive for. Don't get lost in the idea of what it means to be a noble or this so-called image you have to present to the world. Live, love, laugh. Enjoy life for what it is, no matter how many mistakes you make. Laugh at those mistakes and rise up and move forward. To those who knew him intimately, mourn his passing but do not let it linger. He wouldn't want that for any of us. He would want to be remembered and acknowledged for the good he left behind. And so, I'll say this for him. Yushiro Shihoin, Papa... "

She turned to the casket and smiled, with tears freely falling from her eyes as she spoke her final set of words.

"You've fought the good fight. You've won the race, and now you can finally rest with a big smile on your face. I love you. "

And with that, she slowly set down the microphone and walked towards Chidori, hugging her tightly as the torrent of tears rushed down her face and she finally broke down, free to release the emotions that had been building up since her arrival.

END POST | Unfaltering Shielder
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7900/999999The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:45 am
All Chidori could do was sit there and listen, agreeing with everything her sister had said. While neither of them have really vocalized how they felt about their father up until this point, Chidori realized that Rio felt the same way she did. Kintori wasn't going to speak that day but one would expect that it would be much of the same thing: adoration. She was sure that many other people felt the same way, and Rio's speech just confirmed that for her.

As Rio sat down, Chidori comforted her sister like she did for her a few minutes ago.They were going to make it through this together. "It's okay, I'm here for you..." That's all she could muster as she held her sister close, feeling her tears leak through her clothing. Looking over Rio's shoulder, Chidori noticed that time had started to go by pretty fast. What was planned was for anybody to speak what they wanted about Yushiro, but it started getting close to that time. The moment she dreaded. Slowly, she shifted Rio over to her seat and gave Hakuyou a look at gesture that implied that Rio was now his problem to deal with. This was going to be one of many of Chidori's tests for him.

Then, she turned on her heel and made her way back to the podium.

"Thank you all for coming here, it really means a lot to all of us, truly." She had an odd sense of deja vu, as if she was repeating herself but she could have sworn she wasn't. "It has unfortunately reached that time. For those of you who want to stay til the end, please meet us behind the manor, towards the back of the estate. For those of you who feel like you've honored my father enough, and I wouldn't put it past you or hold anything against you if you did, the reception will be held here so if you wait a few moments the servants will have you attended to. I understand that this is a tough time for a lot of us." She then waved to Hakuyou, Rio, and Kintori to help her at the coffin,as she stood next to it and grabbed one of the rails.

Kintori would leave Keiko's side, telling her that she would be right back, and then grabbed the same side as Chidori. When the other two made it there, they would pick up and bring the coffin to around back, where there was a hole in the ground surrounded by a tarp. Next to this hole was another headstone, Chidori and Rio's mother. She knew this place all to well from the multiple visits to see her mother. At least now she'd be able to knock two birds with one stone, a grim joke, she knows. Slowly, they would set the coffin on a rack in the hole that was designed to actually lower it when the time came. Next to the hole was a vase of flowers, where Chidori and Kintori would lean over, grab a flower, and toss it onto the coffin. They were red petunias, Yushiro's favorite because they reminded him of his wife. One by one, the people that were present would take a flower and place on the coffin, and after the last person said their goodbyes the coffin was lowered into the ground.

As the sun set on greatness, Yushrio was truly put to rest.

The Sun Sets on Greatness - Page 3 Sumera-character-list
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum