Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Companions of Old Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Companions of Old Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Companions of Old Empty Companions of Old

Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pm

ULV AUBER| WHITE MASK BUDDHA

Ulv stumbled out of a Senkaimon into the Seireitei and just stood for a few seconds trying to regain her balance. Something had gone terribly wrong and now her equilibrium had been fucked up.
"Ughh....what now?" she grumbled, getting mad at the loss of balance.
'Ohh, you know. Just Everything. Fate doesn't like to be cheated, it seems' Hvit commented. She wasn't joking with that, the last few days had not been gentle at all. She hadn't gotten the break she needed to regenerate her eye, so she was still blind in that one, and it was fucking creepy to have to look at it. She'd gotten so used to her hollowfied eyes, seeing one normal again put her off looking at it.

Between the loss of depth perception that the blindness had caused, and now this complete lack of balance, she wasn't doing well on the old walking front, staggering like she was drunk and having a face slightly drooped as if it was made of partially melted wax. Still, she was a stubborn woman who was also the world's best martial artist - personally thought, at least - so she would just take all that in stride and stagger into the first division barracks.

Once outside Abalia's door, she would knock on it gently, gathering her head and speaking slowly to avoid slurring her words like a two day binge had happened without her noticing.
"Abalia? Are you in there?"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Companions of Old Left_bar_bleue16000/1Companions of Old Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Companions of Old Empty Re: Companions of Old

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:43 pm
Companions of Old 0eZYmeH

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"I am."

There was no further response from Abalia on the matter. It had been a decent length of time since the incident between her husband and her closest friend, and in spite of this, she had not especially come to any formal conclusion on the matter. It did not necessarily upset her, per se, but to find herself in this sort of conflict of interest was something she had to admit that she was very much not accustomed to.

What was she to say in a situation such as this? She knew, quite easily and without any doubt in her mind, that Ulv had acted with only her well-being in mind. Few outside the Hayden household itself knew of anything regarding her husband and his concubine. And, if Abalia was being quite plain with herself, she was unsure that even she knew much about it. She had duties outside those of a wife to attend to, and she knew, quite keenly, that the intimate aspects of marriage were more within Liu's domain than her own. That was a simple statement of fact, nothing more. Some women might have found themselves jealous at such a thing, but in truth, the idea of herself feeling jealous was not only unlikely to the greatest possible degree, but it quite genuinely made Abalia feel inclined to...laugh. A feeling she was rather unfamiliar with.

Ah, such a complex situation she found herself in. One she, in truth, rather wished not to be in. There was a part of her which wondered, however briefly, what life might have been like had she not opened the door on that rainy night. She did not like what she imagined of it, and she certainly would not trade her husband or her dear Anastasia for even the greatest possible life. But in moments like these...a quieter life did not sound completely unappealing.

END POST | JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Companions of Old Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Companions of Old Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Abalia was never one to say more than she needed to, so the singular word did not worry Ulv at all, and she opened the door. Immediately there was something very wrong. Ulv's blotchy yellow skin implied some liver disease, her face having fallen to one side evidence of a recent stroke, and the way she slowly staggered over to the chair and gripped it with shuddering hands told a terrible tale. And then there was the eye. Her sclera was normal coloured and her iris was auburn, though a faded colour from the blindness.

"I won't lie and say I didn't suspect him. I did, but only for like four or five seconds that it took to get through the initial gut punch of emotion. And then I knew he would never do something like that without your approval. But it was an opening. It was a prime target to begin my plan. I knew that it would go right to the crux of him, that he would not hesitate to meet such an accusation head on. So he was the first put at ease for the future. But he was also the last because walking out of there, I realised I couldn't do this. That one time had taken everything I had, I couldn't do it with anyone else"

Ulv spoke with the understanding Abalia knew what had happened and wasn't interested in platitudes.
"As you might have noticed, I am not doing well. The fight with Aizen was a strain, and had it ended there then there wouldn't be a problem. But then Hebi exploded and I had to take his madness energy inside me and burn it away less it corrupt the whole continent and threaten billions. Those two together were too much for my body. It wasn't built for that kind of output, so slowly started failing. Hvit's regeneration has been keeping me alive but the process is picking up speed. I put more of my energy into Hvit every day to keep pace, but sometimes even that is not enough. Eventually, I will run out of energy to pour into Hvit, and will die"

She paused for a moment, staring into space as if saying it had just finally acknowledged the possibility she had been ignoring up until this point.
"I...don't want sadness, I don't want grief. I am hope, I am light, I am passion. So I wanted to ensure that nobody in the world would mourn my passing. And the attempt, while successful, ruined my ability to go further with it"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Companions of Old Left_bar_bleue16000/1Companions of Old Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:19 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"And what, pray tell, do you suspect people would feel when hope, light, and passion are simply snuffed out without any opportunity to prepare themselves for it?"

Abalia's tone was biting, a notable degree of edge to it that was rather unlike her. It was, certainly, an emotional response to what Ulv was telling her, and she found more and more that she was having responses like this to nearly everything. She was...irritated, yes, more than anything else at the woman who stood before her. But she was worried, and felt what she certainly knew to be sadness in her heart as well. For better, or for worse, she was not simply an emotionless machine these days.

"You prepare yourself for death with certainty. I suspect you will not be putting any stock into plans which would attempt to ease your suffering, hm? Or to ensure you are capable of continued life, even if not necessarily in this same body? Something tells me such a thing would be against your nature."

Abalia poured two cups of tea, setting one across the desk and gesturing to the empty chair opposite her. She would not treat this any differently from a normal meeting. Perhaps for her own sake, above anything else.

"Hate is not in my nature. In his, certainly. But not in mine. Even if my heart may no longer of stone, I am far from an emotional woman. Knowing this, I feel as though I must ask, above all else, what you wish of me this day, Ulv. If you wish assurance that I will not mourn you, I cannot offer it. And if you simply wish to tell me of your impending demise- You surely know that I will not allow mere death to take you so soon if I am capable of staving it off."

To most, perhaps that might simply have been a boastful statement. But Abalia was a woman who knew exactly the scope of death's influence. She knew the fullest possible degree of its power, and was perhaps one of the closest people to its true nature who had ever lived. She knew, quite fully, that her own husband was the chosen avatar of death itself.

But, Abalia was not a woman who spoke exaggeratedly.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:59 pm

"Hey now, that is thinking your plans through for two seconds. It is anathema to me" Ulv replied, still as ever trying to dampen the dark parts of life with humor. She would take the tea and sip it gently, nodding to herself.
"Hmm, I do often find humor in how we became friends. As I found humor in how Rakki loved me. But both of them are riding the coat-tails of a woman who came before me. Neither had the foundations built myself, and though I added to it, it was borrowed, in truth. I have done the living on past my death thing, and I don't want to do it again. Aside from the months it took me to even become me, the idea of clinging to life at all costs will breed a deep fear of death, and fear causes people to be reckless and lose all remorse in their pursuit.

What I mostly wanted here was to ensure that I told you why the thing with Hayden happened. It is entirely your prerogative to tell him if you wish, or not. But you love him a great deal and I thought you might mirror his emotions some. And as I said, I could not stand going to the grave with you against me, Abalia"

She would sip her tea and then lean back, letting a plume of air gently take her cup and hover it on some invisible table. Clearly, though ill, she was far from useless.

"And to fix my problems is not something I think can be done. My body is disintegrating under my own power. The flame that burns in my soul has turned to a scorching inferno that is driven to leave naught but ash. Any Kaido or Magic or spiritual healing will simply exasperate the situation and hasten my demise. I would not simply allow such a thing to be if it could be fixed. Between you and Inami, there is very little that can be contracted that can't be fixed"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"Anathema to you, perhaps, but I would think not so anathema to considering the feelings of those you love and cherish."

Abalia took a quiet sip of her own tea, musing on this for only a moment or two, and continued, still confident as ever in her words.

"Rarely does anyone accomplish much of anything without taking advantage of the work of others. For all the pride I might take in my position, and all that people say I have achieved something unimaginable, I have not become what I am simply through my own efforts. Neither, I think, should you devalue the nature of our friendship by lessening your part in it. Mirja was my first and greatest friend in this world, yes. But you are not Mirja. You are my friend by your own merits. If you are to go to the grave soon, I think it would be pertinent that you know as much.

Desmond and I, I think, would not ever see eye to eye on this matter. I will not waste my time, or his, on bringing this discussion to the table. Consider it a secret, between friends."

There was the faintest hint of a smile on Abalia's lips as she said that, but whether because of her stony demeanor, or simply the weight of this conversation, it could not quite be called a smile, even for her.

"I cannot say I know anything at my own command which would help you. If the danger is your own power, however, might not the Quincy be your last remaining chance? Whether or not they could help you, I certainly do not know, but they would be the lone force I would assume to carry such a cure."

She paused, then. Only briefly.

"But, Ulv, I do wonder if perhaps you are willing to accept this death. If it is, to you, emblematic of all the things that you have always sought to be. To exist only for a moment, to burn so fiercely that it is overwhelming. To burn until there is nothing left but pure white ash."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 pm

"This is why I love you. You are always the voice of reason in my world" Ulv would say simply, sipping her tea and nodding. It was a few moments before Ulv cracked a broad grin and laughed softly at an old memory.

"Did I ever tell you about the first time I met Hayden after Mirja died? I went to his office and there I spilled my heart out to him. Everything Mirja wanted to say to him but hadn't the courage, hadn't the social acumen to be able to say. But finally they were put to word and for three seconds there was delight that they finally had. All this stuff she so desired to say was finally out in the open and she could get the response she had so craved.

Hayden then said 'speak less, smile more'. Like, come on dude! Do you know how badly someone could take that? How badly I did! take that? It was months before I got over a guy I idolised - mostly because of Mirja's memories but still - told me to shut up and look pretty. Samhain, he could be as dense as Mirja sometimes..."

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:59 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"I find I have taken that role in a great many lives. Perhaps more than I would like to think should need such a voice of reason."

Abalia listened to her friend speak, willing to set aside her thoughts of work for the moment. Perhaps it was selfish, but she understood that this would not be something she could experience many more times. Perhaps not ever again.

"Ah, that does sound rather like him. He is an emotional man, but one who sees the world quite through his own lens. To him, there was likely something profound in those words. Perhaps he, in your circumstance, would have liked to hear them. But I find that he is...not the most well-versed in understanding the hearts of others. One of many traits he and I share."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:22 am

"Hehehe, yea you are right at that. He is a great man, an I am delighted to have met him. As you are a great woman. I only regret my terribly thought out plan has put a divide between us. It was such a smart plan when I thought about it, and because I wanted it to be a trick, I didn't ask anyone's opinion on it. So I learned the hard way how bad of an idea it was to do"

Ulv stared wistfully into space for a bit before coming back to look at Abalia and smiling, then standing slowly.
"I shall depart now. If you ever need any help with the paperwork or anything, send some down to me. No point lounging about doing nothing. Should make myself useful till the conclusion"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:22 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"I find there is scarcely enough time in life for regret even when death is not at our door. I cannot imagine that you have any time for it now."

Abalia watched her stand for a moment, then stood along with her. Perhaps it was a bit selfish of her, but she would like this to last a bit longer. There was a touch more yet to do, and to say.

"Come with me, would you? I am afraid I cannot allow you to leave quite yet."

With such confident words, she began to walk, purposeful as always. She would not slow her stride simply to make this last longer. She was not so duplicitous as that, after all.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum