Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge]

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:41 pm

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DREAMER

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

Things weren’t taking as well as the young royal hoped.

Today she was walking in a vast field between societies, out in the wilds as she had taken some time to contemplate on her actions, and those she had interacted with. A handful of demonic groups were tolerant of her appearance so far, however far too many were either uneasy with or even downright opposed to her attempts of appealing to them as a Queen. She knew and understood the meaning for their hesitation; She was an Asthavon, after all. Kin of the very family who created chaos and unrest within Demon World. Even if she wasn’t of particular notoriety to other demons, her blood alone would at the very least stew worries, especially in a position of power.

These were all things she understood, yet at the same time she wouldn’t stop trying to reach out to beings she considered her people, her blood, worthy of protection and guidance. She wasn’t going to give up on those who deemed her just like the rest; She wanted to prove herself worthy, capable, and above all, that she was different than her sinful kin before her.

But today as she knew it, was a day to quietly lament upon her short term failures, and press on for her long term successes. She wasn’t intent on bending and folding away at the first sight of failure, though it was disheartening to say the least.

“..What could I do..?”

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty Re: Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge]

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 am
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Silviabanner

SILVIA ASTHAVON

Give a child rope and watch it hang itself, a more modern expression might be that the child had drunk chemicals because they looked tasty and colourful but such modern views tended to elude her. It was the sentiment that mattered though, it was a heated debate between Silvia and Kuanastha in regards to Calypso's actions. Whether immediate intervention was warranted or not.

Eventually the settlement was to patiently watch, Vicara responded exactly as they thought. The same issues that Silvia had when she made this same folly a few years ago.

"You can leave. Cease this foolish endeavour and learn from the actions of your elders rather than trace their steps like you have done and are content on continuing."

Silvia's voice came with regal timbre but a stern attitude towards her niece while appearing out of a miasma of red and black with refined grace and a cock of the head.

"You really have disappointed me."

She said with a resigned sigh. This family really did find itself eroded, losing more of itself the higher they climbed to the zenith. It was all so sad.

"Now that you've done this, it means you have to be stopped. I pray that you're willing to see our perspective and cease this without violence. I don't like fighting, especially not my family. The two of us against one of you is hardly fair, right?"

END POST | MATTER UNDER MIND

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Gamma_Signature
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] CHARACTER_LISTClash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] GRAPHICS_THREADClash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] TIMELINE_THREAD
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty Re: Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge]

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:41 am

Song: Reasonable Doubt - By: Anonymuz - Word Count: N/A

"I'm starting to reconsider that."

Silvia was the one that wanted to wait. Kuanastha, like the time before, intended to step in front of Calypso immediately and shoo her away, but at Silvia's mercy she abated herself. The time in wait only served to fester the anger, the sense of betrayal. Kuanastha was behind Silvia, reluctant to even face her niece. The nether energy seeping from her coiled around her body like tendrils, licking at the fabric of the realm and tearing, letting the world around them bleed out za koa. The intensity, the density of the energy coalesced so thickly around Kuanastha that she merely formed a silhouette, the only feature of her body visible being her piercing eyes, unraveling Calpyso's entire being. Through them, a choir of voices whispered their malcontent.

Silvia said she was disappointed, and that was the difference between the two sisters. Kuanastha was a hybrid; her demonic blood had less influence on her perceptions. Contrary to many demons, her emotions were more measured, contained, notably "uncharacteristic" to take control of her to the same degree as most members of her lineage. So it was something of note to say that Kuanastha was seething.

She was so merciful towards her family--to a fault. By extension, her heart was more open to them, filled with love and expectations. It was, or at least should have been, made clear Kuanastha's terms of return to the family: Vicara was not to be touched by Asthavon hands. Contrary to many countries within Demon World, these Planes were rich in people, culture, and prosperity. It was a monument to what Demon World could be. To have these wishes marred by the greed, the egotistical ambitions of the usual Asthavon folly... It hurt like no other.

"My patience has run out. Leave."

This wasn't a request.

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 am

ENTER THE DEMONS POST

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A

There was a third presence that decided to enter into the fray. One which dawned on the entire field like a boiling black sun as the skies turned into crimson upon her arrival. Every last one of the demonic creatures below would know this force as she stood on the horizon adorned in a dress as black as the night itself. With her blood eyes, The Princess of Demon World stared at this wild visage of her own family beginning to take fight in a land that was all but thought to be settled.

"Pseudologoi, why must you do this to me....?"

There was a dry, exhausted, and downright dreadful tone which bled out of the woman's lips as an ice-cold gaze was bestowed upon Calypso. Of course, the same glance was given to her kin as The Demoness had no clue what her aunt's intentions were. All she could sense from the pair was an aura of discontent and sheer malice from the other. And while she feared very little for her own being, the thought of this one meeting an unfortunate end -- unnerved her.

"And here I thought you two were dead in the water. A pleasure to see you, I'd wish it was on better circumstances, however."

While there was dull sarcasm mixed in her words, there was obvious intent as The Princess had little to no desire to fight any of her own kin. So, her own heart was a churning vortex of sickened emotions when thinking about this conflict. Of course, given her own malice in the past, it was to be expected when you have a tribe of devils living among one another. Things get violent, body parts go flying and sentiment gets drowned in blood. And because of that fact, she was merely here -- as insurance.

"You can attack me if you want, but I'll make sure you regret that decision if you do. I'm here to observe and make sure she doesn't get herself killed. I don't need to express the sentiment of closeness with our dear Pseudologoi."

With an exhale of breath, Algos walked over to Calypso's direction while giving her a deadened stare.

"I can assist you as there is a deep desire in me to protect you as I love you dearly sister, but that will bring with it a world of complications you will have to reflect on. If you want to be a Queen, this is the hell you will be brought into."

She said what she needed to say, now it was time for things to pan out. After kissing her sister's forehead, Algos moved out of the way and proceeded to let them do what they needed as she levitated over the brawl and observed. Her finger would only be lifted only if her life/soul was in danger, or if she was truly brazen enough to ask for her sinful help.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] WVMWLOu
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:49 am

ENTER THE DREAMER

And here it comes...

Calypso pulled herself from her thoughts as soon as she sensed a sudden, dramatic increase in demonic energy, her body instinctively jumping to face the incoming being.

"You can leave. Cease this foolish endeavour and learn from the actions of your elders rather than trace their steps like you have done and are content on continuing."

Her face immediately soured upon hearing such a statement, both lit with confusion and a level of disbelief. She had been working to do the opposite of her family in being a ruler; who on earth could say a thing like that?

And then she saw the appearance of a woman step into view, stating her disappointment in her. Calypso only gave her a puzzled yet irritated look, mostly because of the unannounced drop in. With how she was speaking to her, if Calypso were daft she'd ask if there were a violent rumor going around about her or something.

And then another woman appeared behind Silvia, her oppressive aura branching out to be felt, speaking to her with the same level of warning, disappointment, and demand to leave. Calypso kept her mouth shut initially, as she was trying to figure out what to even say; Why these firm requests to leave? Nobody was hurt or suffering, in some cases the opposite.

She recognized the two beings as members of her family; Silvia and Kuanastha. Though, it'd be better understood as knowing of them than knowing them personally. Still didn't diminish the level of irritation she felt being spoken to as if she were some destructive pest.

She opened her mouth to speak, however caught herself when her elder sibling appeared. She remained silent, unsurprised by her appearance. The two before her surely were ready to fight if she stood her ground, so Algos coming in to ensure her life wasn't forfeit was just part of the script to her. She more or less was more concerned as to how Algos being here looked to anybody else, but it couldn't be helped,

"Yeah, I know. You're free to watch, but I don't need help."

She accepted the small gesture of affection, gently nodding her head as she would then look to the two with a stone set gaze.

"I'm not leaving," Her voice was kept even, but firm, her gaze locked on the two, "You speak to me as if you already know what will happen if I hold a place of leadership here. Whatever it is you're imagining, I can tell you right now your assumptions of me hold no water."

The winds swayed the dream demon's pristine white hairs, as she wasn't intent on backing down, her heart fluttered with anxiety, but she wouldn't show that level of weakness to the two, who are now stacking up to be opponents.

"My claim to this land is a claim done on my own; i'm not acting on behalf of my family, or anyone. Yes there is distrust towards me, but that's natural for what destruction and terror the Asthavons have wrought. Even though I have not committed not even close to the level of sin my kin have, demons will still fear the name, and that's alright."

Her head lowered a bit, "..These things take time. I just have to prove myself."

She lifted her gaze once more, boring into the eyes of the two before her, "I don't want to fight, but if I have to, I will. I refuse to lay the first strike, however, but if I am attacked I will retaliate."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:18 am

SILVIA ASTHAVON

It disappointed her. She truly was dogmatic, indignant on self-righteousness. It was like looking at a mirror but Silvia understood Kuanastha and her request to selflessly relinquish her basic need to replace Nami, one that did not come so simple. That was where it stopped though, Silvia had lost before they even started fighting. Kuanastha had reached her with words and reason. The fight was a matter of principle and pride. Her reputation would've never recovered had she not lost and let it be known she had been beaten by Kuanastha.

Her spiritual senses registered the presence of Algos but she didn't respond to the spawn of Mana. They were both her nieces, Kuanastha and her nieces. They were family. It meant that no one here would die by her hand, even though she could sense the visceral bloodlust oozing out of her sister. It was her fault, this whole situation was her fault for letting it fester and having faith in her family. She hated that Kuanastha had proven her wrong yet again.

"I do. You actions reflect my own Calypso. You believe this land needs a ruler, whether that is to lead them or protect them. That they need to depend on someone. You think they can't recover on their own without your help, correct? You think you need to repair whatever damage has been done to them. It must be so if you want to rule them so badly, right Calypso?"

Silvia somberly closed her eyes. She hated her role as the adult, it wasn't like it brought her any joy by shooting down her niece's idealism which she knew had only the best intentions--it was after all how she had felt when she did this.

"I acknowledge I lost to Kuanastha and in fighting her, I understood. This plane does not need a ruler. It does not need you to help them. There is a certain beauty in this realm of thought that remains free and allowed to bloom in its own direction, for better.. or for worse. I will protect it's agency, even if you defeat me here I will come back. Again and again until you see this. This has nothing to do with being an Asthavon, it's a matter of principle. I don't wish for the plane of thoughts to be governed by anyone except it's denizens."

The Danava of Matters leaned back a little. She wanted to reassure Kuanastha and avoid any impulsive decisions but the bait had been set and Silvia didn't see her sister holding back much longer. This was a deep betrayal, even striking Silvia who was still recovering from the outcome of the war which had left Shadow Fall in tatters and Mana had barely shown any consideration for the comrades. Discarding the entire hollow population like garbage.

"You have nothing to prove Calypso. You do not need to be a Queen to be respected, nor do you require to hold the hand of this world and coddle it. Can't you see they reject you? Though you force yourself onto them in selfishness. Your beautiful dream is what you want, you're not thinking about what they want."

Silvia's eeriely calm demeanour she always kept, parted for a moment to show her resignation again for a moment. It wasn't entertaining, it wasn't amusing. It was just depressing. For the first time she felt like she would lose a member of her family in the form of Kuanastha and be made to choose between them--for what? Her niece's need to prove herself as some kind of big shot.

Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] CHARACTER_LISTClash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] GRAPHICS_THREADClash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] TIMELINE_THREAD
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Clash of Ideals [Vicara Claim Challenge] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:01 am

For what Silvia said, about this being a matter of principle, Kuanastha couldn't say the same. It wasn't just principle. Back when Silvia came to lay claim to these lands, it was mostly just that. But then, Kuana learned. Now there was more to that. If Silvia truly wanted to help these lands, she'd take up arms against those daring to lay claim, just as the two of them. She believed in no regard that Asthavons had a right to rule--only, to her chagrin, some innate sense of yearning to. So why did their yearns trump hers?

Kuanastha always gave herself up to her family. She sacrificed herself, her wishes, her beliefs, because she valued them more. One of the only things she's ever asked of her family, of her sisters, was not to touch Vicara. Up until now, she assumed it stayed free out of respect for her wishes, but now she understood it was simply because no Asthavon held immediate interest in it. Until now. Did Calypso even know this? It took everything in the woman's power to settle herself into asking.

"Did you even know that these lands were prospering independently? Did you know that Silvia and I were its guardians? I could excuse your foolish, naive, stupid ignorance... But if you were did know?"

The hybrid's blood literally boiled, and the imperceptible, intangible karmic threads around her wrapped around Calypso's. In their entanglement, the memory of Silvia and Kuanastha's fight, the contents of their discussion prior and after, fell into Calypso's mind. If Kuanastha saw an overlap in these words--if Calypso knew about these--and continued her ambitions anyways? It was hard to say Kuana would hold back.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 pm

ENTER THE DREAMER

Calypso remained silent, allowing her elder members to speak their pieces, no matter how much she wanted to argue back on specific points in the moment. She could sense Silvia's disappointment and shame in her, as if she were a small child being reprimanded for doing something of great error. Calypso didn't falter however, her gaze unchanging as she heard her aunt out.

Kuanastha on the other hand, was practically fuming with the rage of betrayal, something that she didn't quite understand. Yes, anger alone would have made sense in this situation, but betrayal? Why? She hadn't even interacted with the hybrid in person before; why was she getting the sensation of a broken vow?

That was, until the woman asked her if she was even aware the land was prospering, that the two of them were it's guardians, as well as presenting her the events of which led to such an arrangement, taking note of the period this took place in. Despite her face remaining stern, her eyes dulled with emotion upon being presented with this.

"No. I was not aware of this," Calypso began, "I was a child largely uninvolved and out of the loop with our family's decisions and actions, until recent."

Her gaze softened somewhat, looking at Silvia, "You aren't wrong, Silvia. However, no selfishness or force was intended by my actions. Yes I saw a land in need of aid, but I wasn't intent on forcing anyone to do anything. Some groups took to me, others were unsure, and more were opposed. I had no intention on forcing them to follow me; that was something I was letting time and attitudes decide; I knew my blood marred any good first impressions I could have."

"I had no intention of putting this land in a stranglehold of my own belief. I wanted to nurture it's beauty and freedom. For me to restrict it's nature would go against everything i've learned and stood for. I could never stand to choke a land like this."

Her head lowered, ".. I just feared, if it wasn't me, then it would be someone far more powerful, far less understanding, far more restraining, that would come for this place. I wanted to be in place to prevent such a thing, as well as aid those dwelling here in the event of such an outcome."

She then shook her head gently, "..However, I don't feel you're right; I have so much to prove. To demonkind, to humanity, to many beyond. My mere existence, as a child of Mana, demands a lot of me to prove. Prove I wouldn't devolve into a monstrous, destructive being. Prove I wouldn't sit idly by as my people and allies crumbled when in need. Prove i'm strong enough to not be snuffed out, and many, many more. To say I have nothing to prove.. I can't agree with that."

She was silent for a moment, "...However, the matter of how I can prove myself is separate all together. I have a deep regard for my kind, and the retention of their freedoms and beliefs, as well as their continued growth and prosperity; no matter how opposed to my appearance they may be, or how much they hate me for what I am."

She looked at the two women with softer eyes than before, "I didn't mean to trample upon what you were wishing to work towards, but at the same time I feel like our goals align at some point... What do you believe should be done here?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:56 pm

SILVIA ASTHAVON

"You should know your ignorance does little to belate our concerns. In fact, the naivety you present is only cause for more."

This wasn't comforting at all. Did she even understand the nature of Nami and how the former Queen had ruled, or the lack thereof that Nami actually did?

"It is not your intentions that matter to me, your very presence is still in violation of that which I stand for. Even if you took a stance akin to your predecessor Nami your role is ultimately irrelevant or lacking presence; or you exert your influence in this realm and contradict yourself."

She eyed Calypso carefully, her gaze said all it needed to say. She was not swayed thus far and didn't show much inclination.

"That need to prove yourself is the root of your huberis and naivety. You have admitted to us that you lack worldy knowledge and experience, you have been handed your current status through your pedigree. Calypso, I implore you to really consider these actions beyond needing to prove yourself as more than a child that lives in Mana's shadow and your own arrogance that demands you break out of that image set before you."

Silvia's eyes closed in reflection, how much more would she say before it boiled down to conflict if the young demon didn't see that the she, maybe not Kuana, had only the best intentions for her. It was a little hard to focus when Kuana's bloodlust was palpatable.

"You prove in this that you need to force people to acknowledge that you are powerful, the only difference is you want to force people to acknowledge you are a strong but benevolent person opposed to the strong tyrant. This folly only highlights those flaws of your weak will, you need the approval of everyone to acknowledge you as something you're not rather than being content in your own image. Without such basic prerequisite I cannot in good faith let you continue this path."

A shake of the head at Calypso, she was glad that Calypso was softer now but Silvia had to be hard as steel to deliver her verdict.

"You did not but you have. From here the conclusion is simple; you retreat from this and give up this claim. You reflect on what drives you to do this, what you can do to avoid situations like this happening again out of ignorance or issues of self-esteem, if you really want to be Queen then go try Sirsa. Don't come before us preaching the need to let something grow that doesn't need tending when the Sirsa lands are in anarchy and left to rot. It's insincere, it's like taking credit for no work. Go offer help to those that need it more, but you will not have these lands."

She gave her decree. She offerred alternatives and her judgements for Calypso to reflect on and consider about herself. She might've been harsh but she didn't think it was not constructive. The unchanging verdict though was that Silvia would not let Calypso have Vicara. Regardless of everything she had agreed to Kuanastha's terms, an Asthavon would not rule this plane and it was a promise she was not going to break.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:11 pm

When Calypso confirmed her ignorance, Kuanastha didn't know whether to fall to greater anger from incredulousness, or to subside it and give the girl reprieve. Fortunately, while Kuana was at a loss for words, Silvia had plenty to say. The demonio visera let her sister do the talking and stood by her in solidarity. Kuanastha maintained the position of her threads, awaiting their niece's response. That would determine their next move.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum