Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty Re: Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso]

Tue May 18, 2021 12:55 pm
Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 1JI0VCU

VANYEL | DRAGON OF KYUSHU

Seeing her take interest in the things he was talking about made him really happy. He was excited to show her all the things that he had only heard about for the longest time -- and now, he was seeing it for the first time along with her. But, his massive, almost unending grin briefly faded as she lightly lamented the lack of any real place to call home, and he brought her into a hug.

"It's okay, Caly. Wherever we are together, that's where we'll call home. Japan, China, Norway, wherever."

His smile returned as he held his wife close to him, cradling her gently in his arms. Even as she perked up, he kept an arm around her as he turned to look at the wall, even with revitalization, still managed to retain the strength and age of one of the world's most famous defenses.

"It's still so bizarre to see such a massive structure...this thing apparently goes through ten provinces and cities from start to end."

He pulled out his phone, quickly doing a bit of research on how long it would take them to reach the Imperial Palace Museum from there, and the result only gave a small grunt of surprise, tucking his phone back in his pocket, mumbling a curse under his breath. But, he gently pulled Calypso along as the two walked along the wall.

"The trip to the Imperial Palace Museum is gonna take a bit, about an hour and a half, but we should still have plenty of time to do some sightseeing before we move on."

END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty Re: Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso]

Tue May 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Calypso felt her heart flourish as Vanyel had come to reassure her in that home was where ever they were, together. That's indeed how she felt, but it was all the nicer to hear he felt the same way. Knowing that made her smile, letting herself be vulnerable in this moment as she felt comfort in his grasp. Her gaze drew to the wall, a look of astonishment on her face as she took in just.. How BIG it was. It was so big!

"That's... Amazing. The stuff humans build with just their own two hands.."

Caly seemed absolutely dazzled just by the mere thought, her gaze fixed on the wall, "You guys don't even need magic or higher power to do amazing things, you just.. Figure it out and go along until you get it. That's, so inspiring, really."

She didn't seem to notice Vanyel's cringing at the distance, only looking back around to see him when he spoke next,

"It's okay, when we get there, we get there. What do you want to show me next? I'm sure it's great."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Fri May 21, 2021 7:12 pm
Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 WWTleJt

Vanyel smiled as Calypso took in the Great Wall, seeing just how impressed she was with just...everything about it. One of the strongest and most notable defenses in history made and maintained over centuries. It was a monument that seemed to withstand the test of time, no matter what happened. Even if the actual building had some morbid history, it was still incredible to see something like this holding up after so long.

"Yeah. Sometimes the best things in humanity lie in their roots."

He gently rubbed her shoulder as they both took their time, gazing at the wall while they walked. Before all of the spiritual nonsense in the world, humanity had to use their own hands and tools of their own in order to make something happen. Perhaps that was the human part of him that enjoyed the gritty, boots-on-the-ground aspects of life, but he admired it tremendously. He turned back to her, putting a hand to his chin for a moment.

"Well, I wanted to take you to the Imperial Palace Museum, but while we're traveling there, I can give you some more little notes about China and its history, or some mythology that you might enjoy."

END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Something to Remember [Private/Lillian] [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sat May 29, 2021 4:53 pm
Calypso Vael

She gazed at all the structures around her in sheer awe, a gentle smile on her face as her eyes clearly were glittering with interest and joy. She had mostly seen cities in America, in fact.. Most impressive places she went to were pretty much just anywhere in ShadowFall territory - never was she even close to interested in being affiliated with them, but it was easier to blend into a crowded space if you were where you were expected to be. Least, that was the logic her younger, less bold self ran with.

"Guess everyone has their own way of starting and figuring shit out... You guys had a whole wide world to figure out."

She sighed contently as they went along, though her pondering was interrupted by her love asking if she'd want to hear some things about China, it's history, or even mythology. She smirked lightly, knowing that their destination likely was much further than originally anticipated - she could sense the man's emotions, after all. But she didn't make her realization clear, after all, no need to embarrass him.

"Oh, well.. I definitely am curious about the mythology. Have any stories in mind?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 30, 2021 10:57 pm

Vanyel found himself grinning as Calypso showed interest in China's mythos. He already had a few ideas in mind, each with varying different themes and stories -- the tragedy of Hou Yi and Chang'e, the inspiring story of He Bo's ascent to divinity, or even the hilarity of the events that occurred in the stories of his most cherished item from his youth, the Monkey King in A Journey to the West.

Thus, as the couple left the Great Wall and eventually boarded the train, Vanyel took his wife to a more quiet and isolated part of the bus, since he knew that he was going to end up talking a lot. Holding Calypso's hand as he sat down, his big grin not ceasing as he took in a deep breath before speaking.

"Well, I think you'll get a kick out of this -- A Journey to the West. It's not exactly a piece of Chinese mythology like a creation myth, but it's got really strong roots in it and is regarded as one of the four greatest classical novels of Chinese literature."

Letting go of her hand and bringing the book to his hand via summoning it from the Phonoi's Chasm Point and flipping through the pages. He knew that there were a few funny moments never failed to make him laugh, both as a child and even now, and where better to start than the beginning? They had a lot of time to kill, and the novel was stupid amounts of long

"Alright, so, this person called the Monkey King is one of the main characters, and you wanna know what happens right off the bat? Not only is the fucker born from a magic stone that develops a magic womb, but when he opens his eyes and starts looking around, he fires lasers from his eyes. Those lasers fly into the Jade Palace, which is basically Heaven, and startles the Jade Emperor, who is the equivalent of God."

Pausing as he stifled a bit of laughter from reading the raw lines, compared to his paraphrasing, he continued.

"The Monkey King is basically a playground superhero from how fuckin' hilariously stupid his powers and story are. He's an arrogant, self-entitled prick, but it's got such a weird charm that makes you just...unable to hate him. It's so ridiculous that his personality isn't even something you dislike. You wanna hear more?"

END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 31, 2021 1:25 pm
Calypso Vael

She walked alongside the man, smiling fondly at him as they entered the train, leaning her head against his arm as she would listen to him bring up a story - A Journey To The West. Sounded epic, but given how he was bringing it up.. She was guessing there was more to it than simply...

Her eyes traced the words on the pages for a second, and she immediately understood she wasn't up for any high stakes, serious story. She snickered lightly before he even began speaking, blinking towards him and looking expectant as he would go on. After a few gentle 'yeah's and 'uhuh's, she would let out a small giggle at 'magical rock womb' and an even louder one at 'laser eyes spooking a god'.

Her eyes followed along with his, clearly seeming to understand what was written and following along as she did so,

"Hah, magic rock womb.."

She exhaled softly, putting a hand on her own belly, "..Man, it's kind of hard to explain this... Like, I know the baby's there, but... Its... Not physically I guess."

Her head tilted to the side in wondering, "...I guess it's for the better, but.. Just makes me wonder how actually having them will go."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:16 pm

His goofy grin slowly came down to a warm, gentle smile as he heard his wife giggling and laughing along with the ridiculousness of what was happening in the story. Even if it wasn't the most serious story in the world, it was still a great piece of literature. But, his smile turned to a look of concern at the replies of 'yeah' and 'uh-huh', worried that she wasn't all that interested in it, and just as he was about to open his mouth to say something, she brought up the baby. He cupped her hands in his, smiling warmly.

"Your true form is this big, infinite space, right? Maybe that's why it doesn't feel physically there."

The process of her actually having them, however, was something that...he couldn't really answer. He barely had any knowledge of this stuff. All he could really do was give his best thoughts and advice -- even if it wasn't much -- and hope that everything turned out okay and normal. Well, as normal as things could be for the two of them.

"I'm sure that it'll be fine. Just make sure you're bein' careful, and I'm sure it'll all be okay."

The bus continued down its path to the Imperial Palace Museum, and Vanyel continued to rattle on and on about the Chinese epic, telling her about the absurdity of the Monkey King's five different methods of immortality, the time he extorted the Dragon Kings (including Ao Kuang) of weapons, armaments, and other gifts like his cloud-walker boots, the phoenix-feather cap, and the Ruyi Jingu Bang, as well as one of the most hilarious moments: the time he pissed on the hand of a Buddha and vandalized it with the equivalent of "Sun Wukong was here."

Eventually, the two made it to the Imperial Palace Museum and exited the bus. Vanyel took in a deep breath, holding Calypso's hand as he turned to look at her, smiling, before looking at the Palace.

"So, we're probably not gonna have time to explore the whole thing, since it's really big. If I remember right, there are...almost a thousand buildings in the entire thing. But, this is the Imperial Palace Museum, a place that used to be entirely reserved for the Emperor of China and a bunch of other government people back in the day."

END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:53 pm
Calypso Vael

The Danava let out a low hum with Vanyel's odd description of her,

"Well, not really. It just.. Feels large, I guess. It's not an infinite thing, oh no, it's more like.. Just, a warm ocean, I guess? Not in vastness, just in feeling. And it's like they're a presence within that ocean. Maybe it's because i'm a mentality-based Danava.. Sometimes i'm afraid it's this thing called... A ghost pregnancy... Where you think you're pregnant, but you aren't actually? Like I wanted one with you just.. That badly."

The woman felt just a slight bit ugly to admit such a thing during such a happy time, but she seemed genuinely bothered as she would look out the window,

"..I've wanted this happiness for such a long time. My body was practically screaming for it beneath the suffocation of.. I guess, stress? Confusion? I just.. I'm afraid of it being that, because I... I feel like I would have lied to you. And, I don't want that. I don't want our relationship to be based on lies..."

Her voice trailed off as she exited the bus, grasping the man's hand tightly, her gaze hanging low as she would speak softly, her eyes a bit distant,

"..I'm just afraid."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:53 am

As Calypso revealed her fear of a possible phantom pregnancy, the thought of it made Vanyel feel as if his blood had run cold and his heart had skipped a beat. It hadn't even occurred to him, it wasn't even a thought. But, he quickly pushed the idea out of his mind -- holding Calypso's hand tight as they got off the bus, and as they did, he immediately took them off to the side, pulling Calypso into a hug and holding his wife close and keeping his voice low.

"Even if it somehow is a phantom pregnancy, that doesn't mean you lied to me. You believe that it's true, you weren't tellin' me that it was when you knew it wasn't, or somethin' to that effect."

He paused, his arms wrapping around Caly tighter.

"It's okay to be scared, but...it's not fake. I have faith that it isn't. Even if it turns out to be...we'll just have to try again."

Parting from the embrace, a small, slightly teasing smile and a wink came from the fledgling demon, but soon faded as he took his wife back in his arms.

"But, our relationship was never built on lies, and never will be. Even if things don't turn out the way we want, you never lied to me."

He looked up, seeing a few people looking and staring in their direction, and he glared back at them, lifting his head to move away from Calypso's ears before shouting at them in his mother tongue.

"Tā mā de bìng tíngzhi níngshì!"

Taking Calypso's hand and gently guiding her toward the Forbidden City, he gently rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Everythin' will be okay, Caly. I'm sure of it."

END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm
Calypso Vael

Her eyes squeezed shut, guilt rising in her chest as she could sense those cold feelings of shock well in her husband, tears forming in her blinking eyes as she felt him bring her into an embrace. The ugly feelings felt bitter, but she took a breath, taking time to actually listen to him instead of letting the intrusive thoughts of her being horrible to him control the narrative. She sniffed gently, pressing her face against his chest as he would impart comforting words to her - that their relationship isn't a lie and she did no such thing to make it that way.

As they parted for a moment, she'd look at him, tears in her eyes as she would rub at them, nodding quietly and softly.

"..I was just afraid, yknow? Like Pseu.. Went through something like that, not being able to have kids.. But, I really want at least one... If not soon, at least in the future."

A gentle sigh escaped her lips as she let herself be comforted by the man she loved, wrapping her arms around his torso tightly. Whatever happened.. It would be okay.

He would still be here.

She didn't fail him, even if she couldn't do something he may have wanted.

"..Yeah, everything.. Will be okay."

With a deep breath, she would grasp his hand, rubbing the remains of her tears as she would walk alongside him.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum