Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi]

Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:47 pm
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 ZGBwypB

VIVYAN "VEE" FAYE

What happened?

First she was going in to slash Giselle, even if her technique was awful she made up for it with confidence, and all of a sudden she was on the ground, her lower body sore and landed roughly on her butt with her spear held tightly in her hands, close to her torso. Her dizziness subsiding, she heard the advice Giselle detailed about the spear, rubbing her temple as she'd softly nod. Right, have to stab, with the spear... No cutting. This wasn't her dagger where it was made to slash, and even if it couldn't do it very deeply it compensated with that freezing effect.

She'd yelp as the black-haired Quincy was suddenly up in her face - Hirenkyaku. She had her first strides with that technique but a lot of the times it was pretty tricky for her to use efficiently if she wasn't focusing hard enough. Then did she present another technique - Blut. She recognized the patterning just fine, watching as the spear's blade would drag across her face, not damaging her in the slightest. It almost spooked the girl, but she'd nod, burning the idea in her mind:

She couldn't hold up, she needed to really go at her.

She did wonder however - who was meant to be the deer in this situation?

Tighter, did she hold the spear, slowly climbing back up to her feet, staring intently at Giselle. If the objective was to stab her, then... She had to do it. She had to figure her way out into doing that. Her hands felt chilled, her body trembling with anticipation, her gaze focused as she would silently rush at Giselle again, coming into the strike zone only to suddenly skid to the left of her, and with a motion she'd move to stab at her side, though it wasn't a truly ruthless stab, merely the girl thinking and trying to figure how to even begin to land a hit on the woman before her.

END | GONNA MAKE IT!
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi]

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:45 pm
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 HEADRR_0590-007

Giselle watched and smiled, her expression idle as Vee seemed to take a moment to realize what had happened. She herself had certainly been in that very same predicament in the past. That state of shock and racing brain that tried to figure out what it had missed. Reasonable given the gap between the two of them. Her eyes shifted down, notinc the grip on the staff, though not really able to SEE it getting cold, so she remained unaware of just how wierdly pervasive her ability was.

A yawn escaped her, covering her mouth before abruptly shifting to snatch up her staff and twist, snapping the weapon into a parry, meeting that stab and knocking it to the side before pulling back. This time electing not to punish the girl's charge and instead start to circle her, forcing Vee to adjust and spin in order to keep Giselle in her field of vision. "Still not that great. It was just a little jab. You need to really push into it. It's easy to get caught up, wanting not to hurt someone. But holding back like that can be risky." She pointed out as she watched the woman, intent on what she would try next.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:03 pm

VIVYAN "VEE" FAYE

Again?! She blocked it!

Her heart skipped a beat as she felt the spear damn near almost fall out of her grip, feeling the vibrations of the swat. She grit her teeth, feeling a sense of burning in her chest with how casual and easy the other woman was treating the situation. Was it anger? Was it envy? She wasn't sure, but whatever it was she'd kneel into it. She really had to mean it if she wanted to land anything on Giselle. However, her grip on the spear changed somewhat as she insisted she was holding back.

She wasn't holding back, she was doing as much as she could!

"I'm doing my best!" She'd snap back, attempting to jab her multiple times, however each and every time, it was a miss, not even grazing her as she ran around her in circles. She was struggling to keep track of her, she couldn't even land a hit on her. Didn't she accept that, though? That Giselle didn't actually expect her to stab her? That this was just a test?

That she was just a failure?

Her lip tensed, curling as she'd grit her teeth, her heart burning with anger.

With a hard step forth, she'd move to swing the spear in the way of Giselle, but she did not stop. She kept going at her, jabbing and jabbing and jabbing, staring back at the woman with intense eyes.

She didn't want to accept that.

She couldn't accept that.

She couldn't accept that mediocrity.

END | GONNA MAKE IT!
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 HEADER_EYSmWvQUwAEy5hw

That was it.
She could see the way that Vee was escalating. Dangerously.
It became abundantly clear that this lesson was necessary, Vee seemed to not have the slightest notion that she might actually hurt Giselle. And that was indeed the danger. one could become used to going all out, or simply the notion that their powers weren't enough to hurt someone.

She had seen it many times. Perhaps not as often as one might think, but it always happened. She watched as the blood began to boil within the young quincy, seeing her growing more determined, putting in more force, more speed, trying to become more accurate as Giselle sped around her, dodging and batting the weapon away. And so, in that moment, Giselle turned her blut off completely, and came to a full and sudden stop. Promptly straightening up, and staring directly at Vee as that spear sunk forward. The tip plunging clean into Giselle's throat, and then protruding out the back in a sudden bloody GUSH. She clutched her throat, eyes wide, it would seem as if she was caught off guard. But in actuality, she was simply using her hand to cover up the spurt, to keep Vee from getting blood all over her. Instead, that fountain sprayed to the sides and onto the ground. And for just an instant, Giselle gurgled..... until she suddenly paused, and smiled calmly, re-activating Blut, so that the blood locked, stopping the bleeding. She lowered her hand, letting Vee look directly at the weapon now buried in Giselle's neck, the woman simply smiling calmly. If Vee pulled away, then she would see that gaping hole in the woman's neck. Exposed open blood vessels, her punctured larynx and pharynx.

Which bubbled up with blood and slowly reformed, ONLY healing that windpipe, so that Giselle could speak up.

"But remember.... this is practice." She spoke, the flex and shift of her voice box visible to the woman. And she'd wait. Vee was GOING to have a reaction. That was unavoidable. It wasn't a sight that would just be taken, even with Giselle no-selling it at the end. But, it held it's lesson. And it was information: Information that was vital in the Vandenreich. When survival usually meant relying on your allies for help.

"Bye the way. I told you before. My Schrift, Sternritter Z. But, I don't think I told you what that meant. I'm Giselle Gewelle, the Zombie."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:18 pm

VIVYAN "VEE" FAYE

I have to do it. I have to give it my all.

With every jab and swing and spin, she'd try to catch the woman, growing more and more irate as she failed to do it. A part of her mind wanted to succeed at the objective, but another stated there was no way she would be able to do it - Giselle was more skilled and this was more of a test than an actual thing to succeed at for her low level. The disconnect just made her more upset, more determined to see it through.

Even if she couldn't do it, at least she tr--

SQUEALCH

Vee heard an unfamiliar noise, like someone stomped a muddy puddle.
Then, she smelled an unfamiliar scent, it reminded her of the metalwork storages her seldom visited relatives had.
Finally, she saw an unfamiliar sight - the penetrated throat of Giselle, gushing blood, and a seemingly shocked expression.

A chill ran over her heart as it felt like everything slowed down, her eyes slowly shifting downward, to the one that held that spear.

She was the one holding that blood-soaked spear, having slid from the woman's neck after her successful strike.

She stabbed her, dead on clean through the neck. She completed the objective.

But her face was not that of a winner, one overjoyed in her accomplishment. It was a face of shock, of realization, of guilt. The world felt cold, the hands bearing the deadly weapon made all the colder with her perceived error. She got too wrapped up... Too...

She didn't even notice Giselle's state until the woman's voice brought her back to reality, her eyes once again drawing to what she did. It almost didn't feel real - never in her life did she actually draw the blood of another, it was like one of Mum's horrid bedtime stories, but right in front of her. Even if Giselle was alright, her lungs still felt heavy as her knees gave out, slowly sinking to the floor as she stared at what she did.

"..Zombie..?" She'd murmur, trying to take a deep breath, trying to center herself, trying to calm down and tell her senses to stop screaming, that it would be alright. But it wasn't alright - if Giselle didn't have whatever ability that entailed... She would be dead.

She would be dead, and Vivyan would be a killer,

"..I'm.. I'm alright. I can keep going." She'd force herself back up to her feet, that image still burned deeply into her brain.

END | GONNA MAKE IT!
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:36 pm
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 HEADER_0596-009

Giselle allowed her neck to close up, flesh curling in and closing around that ruined wound, until the flesh slowly melded and looked as clean and as new as the day she was born, not even a hin of a scar. But she could see she'd had the desirec effect, and she reached out, her hand opening as the spear in Vee's hand would promptly dissolve back down into reishi, and was absorbed back into Giselle. After all it was HER arrow. It was easy for her to break it back down.

"This is important. I needed you to do this. I DID intentionally egg you on. But a lot of you younger recruits will do this to eachother. I intentionally let my blut down, but that doesn't mean this sort of thing can't happen. Probably not that extreme. But yours is a dangerous power. You've already seen how dangerous it can be for you to wield. But you may not have thought about how dangerous to anyone you practice with it might be. When we train, we teach fine control. Using arrows with flat, blunt tips, .or just loose and unstable so that they would just fizzle and disperse on contact instead of actually penetrating. But you don't have that kind of control. Not only that but you seem to have trouble removing that cold effect, so even a blunt arrow could probably give someone some nasty frostbite. I don't want to have you practice your power. Not on anything big like forming an arrow. maybe something small for now, when we get to that. But just know that once you DO learn to dial that power back, that'll be one of the first things I teach you." She pointed out, gesturing out the nearest window. Out to the city of Lights.

"After all, the world isn't JUST filled with hollows and murderers. sometimes we have to restrain or deter just....normal desperate humans. Or we might be fighting in an environment with a lot of people. So thats why I'm gonna be teaching you about being careful. My own power used to be a pain to control. My power turns people I bleed on into zombies. Of course quincy have protection, but well....even so, random people would...for one reason or another, get caught up in it. Nowadays I can control my blood enough that I don't have to worry about that. Your power isn't quite that......awful. But that's just right now. You have no idea what your power will develop into. And the last thing you want is to find out a new part of your ability while using it on an ally. Right?"

It was a particularly boring lesson. Especially for Giselle. But it was unfortunately necessary. Safety was an important lesson, and the last thing she needed was to have Vee accidentally hurt herself or someone else, and then she'd have Reida up her ass thinking she was pulling a fast one. And the ABSOLUTE last thing she needed was Vee winding up dead as well. For Most quincy, this was .... a later lesson. But well....with Vee's self-damaging power. Sooner was probably better than later.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 pm

VIVYAN "VEE" FAYE

She almost forgot she was holding something, feeling the spear dissolve right out of her hands, her attention snapping back to them as she realized just how damn tight her grip was. Forcing her hands open, they were squeezing hard enough to leave redness and noticeable indents in her hands.

They still felt cold.
She still felt cold.
A feeling she couldn't describe beyond, cold.

She listened to Giselle speak on about the situation, her power, the danger it possessed, especially in the unrefined and uncontrolled state it was in now. She couldn't help but listen and burn everything she said right along with that horrific image into her mind. She... She didn't want to do that to someone else. She thought of all those targets, covered in frost that she barely thought of. It was alright, she'd think, her instructors understood and she understood - nobody was hurt, she'd still practice on dummies or targets, she didn't need to let a single knife touch anyone.

But really.. DID she have any idea how badly she could hurt a person with that power? How could she be a great Quincy... If she was only known for how many accidentally frozen corpses were beneath her?

She'd gulp, and nod, "..Right."

Her voice was shaky, but she was intent on finding a solution for this, "Cold stuff runs in my family but... I'm the only one with that potent an expression of cold, cold that can even hurt people. It kind of confused me... But..."

She shook her head, "Nevermind, that's not important. You're right. I need to be careful; Where can I start? What can I do?"

END | GONNA MAKE IT!
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:34 pm
A Cool Morning Breeze [Vee/Gigi] - Page 2 HEADER_0592-0172

Giselle stepped in and put a hand on the recruit's shoulder, letting her take the time to recover as the Zombie watched her. "Take deep breaths kiddo. In and out. You have a lot of determination, I've heard that I'm not the only one to catch you training at odd hours. But doing nothing but focusing on strength can have poor effects. You can't just grow stronger, you need to learn how to control that strength of yours. Pure might can only carry you so far, you need to learn how best to use the strength you have. What's the use of gaining the power to freeze a whole city if you can't even scale it down enough to use safely around your allies? We operate on patrols in civilian areas. So let's just start with fighting. The biggest thing to understand is that you won't learn this kind of thing all at once." She pointed out, forming another spear, and handing it to the woman.

"Controlling your power is no easy task, especially with how potent yours seems to be, even as it's just being formed. Obviously you can't just NOT do your job until you have your power under control. And sometimes stress and the like will build up and at times you'll have trouble controling your power because of loss, injury, all kinds of things. So the first thing we'll be doing is teaching you how to fight without your powers. That way, no matter what: you have a good base to fall back on. Right?" She reasoned, being perhaps a bit more gentle and understanding than she would be in the future. This particular lesson was always an iffy one to go through. But she had ......faith ish, in Vee for pulling through.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:00 pm

VIVYAN "VEE" FAYE

The woman felt a little queasy still as Giselle extended a hand of.. She supposed comfort, and soft warnings. She was more or less recovering from the fact that she actually stabbed her, and the sheer amount of blood that came out. It wasn't a normal amount of blood, obviously, but the mere image of actually stabbing someone was shocking. She had never done or seen that before, the inflicting of an actual injury on someone - the worst she'd ever seen was probably just minor bruising and scrapes from screwing around with her younger siblings during rough play, or having to take care of the aftermath of that or dumb kid arguments that got a little too physical. She had never actually seen someone BLEED.

And to it... She'd grab the new spear offered to her. With several deep breaths, she'd squeeze her eyes shut for a moment, dwelling in her thoughts:

This is why you're doing this. So you can familiarize yourself with these things. So you don't carelessly make a mistake that you can't undo.

She'd shuffle up onto her feet, quietly recalling the scarring on her older sister's body. They had to have been horrible, gaping wounds at one point.

No chickening out. I can learn more, better.

Opening her eyes once more, she'd nod at Giselle. She obviously still looked a little ill and pale, but with a determined look in her eyes.

"Right," She'd nod, "..Thanks, Giselle."

END | GONNA MAKE IT!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum