Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta]

Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:37 pm
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] ByQF9mn

BAMBIETTA BASTERBINE | SUBSTITUTE SHINIGAMI

Another day out for lunch on her own, not that Bambietta minded. On the contrary, there was almost something relaxing about being able to enjoy a nice meal out in town on her own. She was so used to being watched 24/7, always with some handler or another, that it was good to just be allowed to go where she wanted.

Of course, then again, she did miss the attention. She knew that was probably unhealthy, but there was a nagging sense of emptiness if she was out on her own for too long. At least the barracks were usually at least kind of full, and people liked playing cards or what have you.

For now, though, she was content to enjoy a cup of tea and a hardy nikujaga. It wasn't high cuisine, by any stretch, but good food didn't always have to be. She figured this little hole in the wall was probably more out of the way than most of her colleagues tended to come, though she still saw a few people in a shihakusho now and again. Well, not really her problem. If someone wanted to come say hi to her, they were free to, but she didn't expect any company at her little table by the window.

CONTROLLED DETONATION | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Left_bar_bleue0/0Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty Re: Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta]

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:24 pm
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] HEADER2_Yaoyorozu
A quiet day. There sure where a lot of them these days. Not just a matter of lacking conflict, but one of those days where everything seemed to get done particularly early.

Paperwork? Done.
Training for the day? Done because paperwork was done early.
Help out at the Academy? Students were still in class because of how early it was.

And so Tatsuki found herself simply sitting quietly in a small little spot out off the beaten path, enjoying a bit of tea. She found herself looking around at the other patrons rather than eyeing the space outside. It was interesting to see a few other members of the Gotei out and about through the area. It always amazed her to see just what sort of things they got up to. She'd been one for ...four hundred and twenty years? And even now she couldn't help but feel like just some girl among aliens. A couple hundred years ago, she wondered if it was just something that was normal. Like never quite getting used to being an adult. But more and more, she wondered if it was just her. Like something was missing. Maybe she was just stuck in the past. Unlike most other shinigami, she still had ...some memories of when she was alive. Maybe it had something to do with being a substitute shinigami for so long.

It was in that moment, just as such a thought passed her mind, that she noticed someone. Someone that because of her squad, she recognized. Was that Basterbine? She paused, raising one of her brows as she spotted the woman sitting by the window. Sure, it was well known that the woman was no longer under surveillance, but it was still a little strange to see her just there.

Huh, she seemed pretty content up close. Wait, up close? It was a moment before Tatsuki realized she had stood up and made her way over to the woman's table. Oh! That signature resting expression of hardened stare possibly giving.... an impression. Four hundred years had given her a reputation to be sure. Many in her squad were aware that she had no control over the look, but Bambi might just be new enough to mistake it for genuine disdain.

"Hey , this seat taken?" She asked, a calm confidence about her voice that to some sounded unfriendly. "Sorry if this is a little sudden, but are you an Academy student?"
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty Re: Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta]

Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:23 pm

On an intellectual level, Bambietta knew that she hadn't actually done anything to merit being in trouble, and that anyone approaching her was presumably talking to her in a casual sense. However, she was still the sort to naturally go on the defensive when it came to things like that, and when someone approached her with that sort of voice, and that sort of expression, it automatically put her on edge. More a defense mechanism than anything else.

"Yeah, I've been in a special night program until recently. Why?"

She might normally have asked a little bit more politely, but it was already such a disarming question that the manners she'd cultivated didn't quite come through as much as she would have liked. Well, she could deal with that in a bit.

"Seat's not taken, by the way."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Left_bar_bleue0/0Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:15 am

A brow quirked slightly at that. Night classes, was this one of the substitutes? She supposed that made sense, all the same, her expression relaxing just a little as Bambi assured her that she could take a seat. She actually smirked just a little, a little amused at the bite that was behind the woman's response to her. All this time later she still could appreciate someone with a bit of sharpness to them. She took the seat and gave a slow nod of recognition. "Glad to hear that. Sometimes I worry my memory is going down the drain. I think I've seen you before." She pointed out. She had, of course, made not of Bambi now and then when she was helping tutor at the academy, but she wasn't entirely sure if the woman had recognized her in return. Hopefully not, Tatsuki generally tried not to stand out too much.

"So, a Night Class. Does that mean you're a substitute Shinigami?" She decided to venture. Truth be told, she was a little intrigued at the notion. Sure, she had been one herself, but that was hundreds of years ago, and she didn't really go on that many long missions in the world of the living as of late. So she had to admit there was a level of intrigue there. And certainly the interest would be evident in Tatsuki's eyes.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:30 am

Bambietta definitely did recognize her, primarily because she was the sort of woman to keep close attention on anyone that might have been paying attention to her. Not just for the sake of her own vanity, which she'd been trying to keep in check, but simply because her paranoia demanded it. Of course, knowing someone was a teacher didn't mean she knew anything more specific.

"Yeah, I'm a substitute, though I guess you'd call me a full-time substitute at this point. I don't have anything going on in the world of the living or anything."

It was an odd notion for her, really. She'd been pretty attached to her previous life for a while now, so the idea that this was just her life now threw her off. Of course, she could just clear her head with another bite of her stew, but it definitely stayed in her head that this was unusual. Then again, Bambietta wanted to socialize, didn't she? This was to her benefit.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:19 pm

Tatsuki couldn't help but give a lopsided smile in response to the woman's admission, shaking her head just a little at Bambi's response. "Really? Damn, that takes me back....." She sighed, a light chuckle bubbling up as she took another sip of her tea and waved a hand. "I remember being in a similar situation. You might not think it looking at me these days. But a good couple hundred years ago I was in your shoes. A substitute shinigami.... and finding myself just sortof drifting. It's a little funny honestly. I joined up with a bunch of my friends and before I knew it, I was spending most of my time in the Soul Society. And one day I just.....stayed. Sidestepped dying and just never returned to my human body. Or well, it was converted. All that fun Jazz." She leaned back in her seat.

She eyed Bambi for a moment. She was a pretty woman, and no doubt she was feeling like she was connecting to the Soul Society. No doubt Chizuru would DEFINITELY be all over her if they ever met. Ugh....what a thought to have. Right, back to their conversation. "Hm. I won't go giving you any unsolicited advice though. I'm sure a popular girl like you probably gets plenty of it in soul society as is." She chuckled. She HAD Noticed that Bambi was fairly sociable, so she made the assumption that the girl was pretty well off in the friends department.

"Though... I'm a little surprised. This isn't exactly a social hub. This is more of the kinda place you go to relax or have a quiet chat. Having trouble with your course work?" A reasonable assumption. Balancing full time shinigami work ontop of academy work was something that was rough on a lot of substitutes. It was reasonable, at least from her position, to imagine that she might be here to decompress.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:42 pm

Being reminded of her 'popularity' didn't exactly put a big smile on Bambietta's face, though she was more than professional enough to not actually let her annoyance show. She was quite aware of why it was that most people would approach her, and while she'd be the first to admit that had been plenty welcome once upon a time, she was still trying not to do all that.

"Nah, nothing like that. I like coming out here for the food, they have a good nikujaga and I've been trying to figure it out for a while now."

Of course, she knew that this was also an out of the way sort of place, where she wouldn't get terribly much attention, but that was kind of the point. She knew she wouldn't end up anywhere good if she kept seeking out everyone's attention, and no matter how much she wanted it, how much she was still afraid of just being forgotten and dead, she wasn't going to go out of her way to be remembered.

"If anything I feel like most of the coursework is going a little too well. Feel like I should be slowing down."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:15 pm

Tatsuki paused, blinking for a moment at that when she heard that. "Really? Oh I'm sorry. You seemed to be a lot more sociable lately..." She trailed off, a bit caught off guard to hear the woman refuse what she had thought was a pretty simple observation. She'd always been popular....hadn't she? She had always seen someone talking to her before... had she been mistaken? Had she misconstrued something? Hmm. She decided not to dwell on it too much. Unaware of the connotations that were usually involved around Bambi. She had written all THAT stuff off as rumor.

She DID however find herself perking up when she heard that last part. "Wait really? I mean, I didn't have trouble myself, but still, a lot of my friends had issues....." A partial lie, actually she DID have trouble when it had come to juggling her human life and the Shino academy work.... but well....that was so long ago she didn't even know if she was remembering that correctly. "That's great though! You know, if you're finding yourself doing so well, have you considered helping tutor some of the other students? It'd certainly win you over some favor with your professors, and look good to your Superiors in your Squad. S'how I landed a seated position so early." She noted with a big proud grin.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:28 pm

That thought actually hadn't crossed Bambietta's mind prior, and that showed as she took a moment to pause and think about it. Tutoring, huh? As far as she was concerned, she was still fresh, still new, and definitely not in enough people's good graces to actually merit teaching anyone. Besides, she wasn't much of a master at anything.

"I could probably do that, yeah. I hadn't really considered it, but I'm not really too busy or anything."

Frankly, the idea of putting herself into other people's good graces was something that she welcomed, though she wasn't entirely sure if she liked the thought of throwing herself back into the limelight right after she'd finally managed to care at least a little less about it. Then again, being a tutor probably meant she'd have to keep herself in control better. That'd be good for her.

Unless she fucked it up, but there were bigger problems if that happened.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:16 pm
Bait the Burst [Tatsuki, Bambietta] HEADER_sample-efbba5a88042b83dc18583d617e2be7d

Tatsuki couldn't help but smile in response to how Bambi seemed to mull over the possibility of tutoring, pleased to see that her advice was being considered, especially given she really wasn't the kind to go out of her way to give it. But all the same, if Bambi turned out to be a good tutor, she'd be happy that she was able to push her in the right direction to be sure. "Of course. And it's not like you'll be thrown in without being prepared. You'll probably be evaluated as your suitability as a tutor, based on your grades and all that. And if it starts interfering with your schoolwork, you can always pull out of the program." She reasoned, taking another sip of her tea before smiling.

"I admittedly haven't done any tutoring in ages if I'm being honest. These days I feel like I don't really know as much as I thought. These new waves of soul reapers seem to grow like weeds, and four hundred years after I first became a Shinigami, I feel like a chump next to some of these newer kids." She sighed with a light smile, shaking her head before she gave Bambi a glance.
"And there's no rush honestly. Go at your own pace, yea?" She set her tea down.

"You're gonna be fine. Things aren't as strict as they were on earth. You may feel out of place, but you probably belong here more than you think." She pointed out.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum