Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai]

Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:44 pm
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 8ZovUmi

SAWACHIKA KYO

With another laugh, Kyo drank another one, significantly less of a lightweight than his slender companion. It was pretty entertaining seeing him go off like that, but Kyo certainly wasn't one to be outdone in poetry, either.

"First silence,
and then piercing even stone,
the cry of a cicada."

Kyo was definitely not sober enough to be composing anything of his own, but he still had all too many poems neatly in his head. After all, one didn't become a good poet without reading enough to understand it.

"I'm pretty much the norm for the Sawachika, yes sir. My father's got a few inches on me, and my grandfather was about that height too back in his prime. I figure I might still have a little bit more growing before I hit my peak. As for what they're like...well, you've met me, so that's pretty much all you need to imagine. Maybe a little louder, though!"

END POST | THE BIG BOWL OF SAWACHIKA
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:22 pm
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen SNORTED just a little, shaking his head. "Of fuckin course yer into poetry too. Damn Kyo, leave some for the rest of us." He snickered, shaking his head and giving a THUMP to Kyo's shoulder. Sighing just a little. "And that good japanese shit too. Nobody appreciates western shit." He murmured with a shake of his head, taking another deep drink before setting the glass down lightly.

A pause. Tilting his head as he looked over his shoulder at Kyo, listening as he described his family. "Neato. What about your siblings? Got any of them? Always wondered what it'd be like to have brothers and sisters. You know. Rukongai you don't really get that." He snickered, shaking his head just a little and keeping his gayze on Kyo as he waited for the response. Trying to imagine what the man's siblings would look like. Brothers were easy. Sister? He just imagined kyo with tits and he almost spit his drink out, snickering to himself. HEH.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:33 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

"How else am I supposed to be an ideal man? Every good man ought to be able to build a house, write a poem, cook a meal, make an income. How else can he provide for his family, after all!"

Ultimately, that was the true driving force in Kyo's life, and in the Sawachika household as a whole. Any man ought to be able to give the world to his family, and being able to do that, he had to be the best in everything he did.

"I have quite a few siblings. My brothers aren't so different from me, really, though they've got their own lives. I'm the loudest of them at the very least. And my sisters? Ah, they're off being perfect noblewomen. Calm, polite, strong warriors. You know the sort."

Kyo actually knew perfectly well that the description he'd given wasn't what most would call "perfect noblewomen," but as far as the Sawachika were concerned, it was better than what the actual noblewomen of the Seireitei tended to be.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:48 pm

Igen snorted softly at that and raised a brow. "I mean.....sure. But like...what if the woman that catches your eye doesn't care about any of that?" He asked with a tilt of his head, looking out the door for a moment, gauging how dark it was outside before sighing, wondering if the stars were out. He went quiet for a moment, closing his eyes before taking.... soft little sip on his drink. "What if you get there, and all this ...'Stuff' you work for is for nothin? This girl of yours. Asami. Say she isn't one for poetry. Has a nice house of her own. Can cook up a storm, and makes more money than you could ever want?" He then eyed Kyo, and smirked slyly. "What if SHE's the one who wants to be the provider?" He ventured with a chuckle. Shaking his head a bit. "Then again, I guess everyone has their little...recipe for trying to find someone. Myself included." He hummed.

Once Kyo started talking about his family, he perked up just a little. Pausing the sips of his drink to nod along as they were described. though he couldn't help but SNORT and chuckle a little at that. "I dunno if I can really imagine someone from YOUR family being the quiet type. I'd certainly hope not, I like ow loud ya are." He reasoned, taking a moment to imagine a QUIET Kyo. Bleh. He shook his head to rid himself of the image. "What about them? Any of em hitched yet? Or are you the first one?" He asked curiously. Surely having siblings meant talking about that stuff right? He always loved the idea of being a little imp to siblings. Pokin his nose in, the very idea made him smile. Maybe he just liked being nosy.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:57 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

"Just because she doesn't need those things from me doesn't mean she can't appreciate the artistry and the effort. As far as I'm concerned, if a woman doesn't care for my approach to life, then any interest I might have in her is misplaced."

A decisive, firm statement from Kyo, to be sure, but he would never budge on something like that. He was unilaterally proud of himself, his life, and he wouldn't change it for anyone. If a woman didn't care for it, that was perfectly fine, from any moral standpoint. But it would never work out, and he wouldn't try and make it.

"Ha, I'm not anywhere near 'hitched' yet. My eldest brother is married, and I have a sister currently seeing potential husband material. Something tells me she won't be finding anyone any time soon, though. Don't tell her I said that, of course, but not many noblemen around here are quite looking for a woman whose most prized possession is her naginata. Spineless, all of them!"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:14 pm
Igen gave a PSH when Kyo gave him that. "Ohoho you say that now. But the heart aint as simple as a brick you can just move around or fix with a bit of tools, Kyo." He noted, leaning over and giving Kyo a playful little elbow. "Doesn't matter if sometimes ya find someone who isn't what you'd like or expect. The heart wants what it wants. Sometimes, its like lightnin. The first moment you see em, its just....over." He held his hand out, grinning from ear to ear as if beholding someone from afar. "Beautiful... but so much more than that. Somethin ABOUT em just sings out to ya. Like every inch of em's calling your name. Ya can't think straight, ya heart goes all crazy. Everything else just doesn't compare." He then lowered his arms. "And then they're nothin like ya think. Ya figure out they can't STAND someone like you. Or maybe you can't stand them! OR they're already set and hitched! And oh I know you my old friend Kyo. 'Well just move on' my good friend Kyo says. Right? But that don't change the way ya mind races, or ya hard starts bookin it. Ya can try and REASON it all ya want, but every time ya close your eyes....ya still see their face..." HE sighed, smiling from ear to ear as he dramatically raised his arms midway, a gentle, soft gesture, yet still exaggerated, as if beholding some divine maiden up above. Before he cracked an eye open at Kyo and smirked.

"And ya call yourself a poet. YOU need to read more of them love poems." He teased, well aware that Kyo probably would just call him ridiculous, not like Igen knew the first thing about Love. He smiled ruefully and took another sip of his drink. Not one bit.

Thankfully the subject of Kyo's family had his attention quickly enough, but snorting and almost doubling over when he described his sister. "Now THAT sounds like a sister of Kyo Sawachika! But yea, I feel ya on that. Kinda weird though, don't you think? Noble families are always on about a strong bloodline and all that. You'd think they'd be chompin at the bit for a girl like that." HE murmured, shaking his head as he did. He had to agree with Kyo on the subject for sure.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:31 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

Kyo simply shook his head with a grin at all of Igen's speech, hardly surprised to hear something like that from him. Of course, he wouldn't have been Kyo if he just let it all slide, and he slammed down his drink before making his little comment.

"Oh I do, huh? You oughta show me how well that love poetry's doing in finding you a lady, then. Maybe I'll be convinced."

It didn't necessarily surprise Kyo to hear Igen agree with him on that point, though it did lead him to start thinking as his friend spoke. Hm, that might not have been a completely terrible idea, really...

"Eh, the nobles are too busy worrying about appearances. Wouldn't want a wife stronger than them, after all. I could always set you up on a nice date with her, though. She'd probably take my advice, and I'm pretty sure you probably wouldn't do anything to make her mad at me for the rest of our lives."

Despite his jab, it was a serious offer, and his tone made that much fairly clear. Helped a friend, helped his sister, everyone wins.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:54 pm
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 HEADER_22-1_3a-16

Ijen snorted, and gave a shaky smile at that. Alright, points to Kyo, that one stung a little. "Joke's on you. I'm not lookin for a lady. Fresh out of the Academy, I'm not in any hurry. Got plenty of time ahead of me." He pointed out, a bit less vim and vigor in his voice at that as he leaned a bit more on the counter.

And THEN Kyo hit him with that curve ball. SNORTING softly at that. "Damn bro you must not get along with your sister if you'd wanna go setting her up with me." He chuckled, properly tickled at the idea. "While I'm not above helpin ya out finding your sister someone, I think she could do better than me." He pointed out, ESPECIALLY given the rest of the family. It was one thing to go from NORMAL GUYS to Igen. but with rolemodels like KYO and that whole lineage? He didn't know about that.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:17 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

"Ha, you kidding me? Anyone keeping up with me in a fight's already leagues better than the pansies that are usually coming her way. Besides, you try some of that romantic poetry out on her, she'll love it. Pretty sure she's sick of hearing me and father recite haiku across the house. All that modern western stuff is bound to get her attention."

The longer Kyo spoke, the more he, frankly, considered this a wholly viable avenue. Of course, he couldn't force something like this, but at the same time, honestly, what was the worst thing that'd happen?

"Then again, I don't really know what your type is exactly. Hope you're not expecting a lady version of me, you'd probably end up a little disappointed."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:35 am
A Man Shut Out [Kyo, Igendai] - Page 3 HEADER_22-1_3a-16

Igen smirked a bit at that, puffing his chest out just a little. EVEN in a little slump in the dumps like this he had the wherewithal to be proud of the claps he gave Kyo now and then. "Damn right!" He snickered, and sighed just a little before rubbing the back of his neck. Reciting poetry to Kyo's sister. He sure didn't expect THAT mental image. Especially since his brain was just kinda frankensteining Kyo with women he knew for a proximity of what that would even look like. "I dunno. I don't really think I got like... a TYPE. You know? You know me. I don't give a shit, so long as they know how to have fun. Probably someone with a lot of patience. Think I might be a bit too much in a long term kinda thing. Don't wanna start strong and then they rue the rest of their life listen to my drunk screeching." ALSO a big proud grin at that.

He paused, thinking about it for a moment. "But hey, if you wanna introduce me to your sister, I won't say no. If she's half as girly as you look then she's probably gorgeous." He jabbed, adding a little playful elbow along with it. Certainly it could just...also be fun? They might not hit it off. Maybe they DO hit it off. Or they could just wind up homies! Hell another drinking buddy, AND one that knew how to fight? Soundin like a pretty good possibility of net gain.

"I won't have to wear like .... anything fancy would I?" He asked with a sudden wry look on his face. Kyo was like..... sorta Noble wasn't he? He wasn't sure how he'd feel about all that ceremony.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum