Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio]

Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:38 pm
"O-oh, I apologize Rio. I hope I didn't come off as too pushy. Of course if you are not interested in the Gotei United you can and should do as you please." Mizu made sure to curl her lips into a smile as she made eye contact with Rio, wanting to come off as friendly and understanding as she could. As for food, there was really only one answer "If it pleases you Rio, okonomiyaki would let us each get what we want. And.." before finishing her thought the blonde haired Shinigami raised her arm and pointed at a nearby establishment advertising traditional Japanese foods "...there's a restaurant that must have it right here! It must be fate."

Mizu wasn't really the type to believe in things like fate or destiny otherwise she may have accepted her limitations many years ago, but it was fun happenstance for a restaurant that serves her favorite food to be so nearby. By this point she was already forgetting her mission and was entirely distracted by having a good time with this woman she'd met just minutes ago. For someone who spends practically every minute working, this rarefied occasion was a positive intrusion upon her day. If she'd been thinking about Mizu might have even been grateful for her own incompetence, at least just this once.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio]

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:00 am
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 H52_sample-ebc5a39131ec7f739e9b94d1be1851a8

"Think nothing of it, Mizu. If anything, you presented a compelling case. There is no need to apologize for wishing to recruit me."

Mizu seemed to apologize a lot for things that required no apology. An endearing trait, or annoying to those more cynical. Rio stood in the former. She found the woman's company pleasant so far. To be fair, Rio wasn't particularly in a rush to join any division, but if she humored the idea of the eighth, Mizu would be a find person to be around and possibly even mentor in some aspects. Try to ease her out of that noble and deferential nature. Live things up a little. Of course, that seemed foreign to a woman who once operated on the principles of the ideal noble in the past. Rio could not help but wonder... how would she have reacted towards that woman? An interesting thought, she mused. Noticing Mizu point towards the restaurant, Rio would offer a nod in her direction as she walked beside her.

"Oh? Is that so? I suppose fate has seen to it that we enjoy something delicious, then. Okonomiyaki is a solid choice."

Last edited by Iori on Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:59 pm
As Rio assured her she hadn't been distasteful with her almost-recruitment-speech, Mizu had to actively stop herself from apologizing for apologizing. She often found herself doing what others consider over-apologizing, but going up in the Morikawa family, which kept a highly traditional household, taught her an apology does not always have to mean you have a regret; it can be a way to let someone know you sympathize with them. At the same time it was simply a term to show respect to others and could be said for almost any reason.

When the Shihoin woman approved of her choice for food Mizu nodded her head, said "Hai!" and walked with her towards the compact and ordinary looking restaurant. Having been the one to suggest this place Mizu took point by speaking to the hostess in order to request seating. After this they would both be led to a small table positioned next to a window where they would be seated. After giving their orders to their waitress Mizu would speak again to her new friend "I-I know we haven't known each other for long Rio, but I am glad to have you. You have been so kind and helpful." Tucking a few strands of her blonde locks behind an ear she continued, her gaze set squarely on Rio's "Truth be told...I haven't made many friends in the Gotei. I've just been so busy.."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:25 pm
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 H52_sample-ebc5a39131ec7f739e9b94d1be1851a8

Rio would follow Mizu towards the table, sitting across from her as she gazed at the woman. She was certainly satisfied with today's events so far. Mizu, up to this point, had proven to be a very welcoming spirit. She carried herself with an air that Rio found admirable. Though she intended to entertain the idea of joining the Gotei, Rio appreciated the poise she handled her with. Even beyond all of that, she was enjoyable company - another friend for Rio to hang out with and possibly even learn from?

She was a remarkably skilled fighter in her own right, but one could always learn something new, especially from new members of the Gotei. All in all, this could be a mutually beneficial friendship. When they were properly seated, Rio turned to Mizu with curious eyes, honored by what she said. In some aspects, she could relate to the woman. In the past, a lot of her time had been spent aiming to honor her family and maintain a semblance of grace in the public eye.

Indeed, time was a fickle mistress, one who spared no one's expense if it was wasted needlessly. Rio could certainly relate to being busy with their own matters, to such a degree that, pleasantries of this nature had almost felt foreign. Offering the woman a reassuring smile, Rio would reach over and pat her on the shoulder.

"Oh? Well allow me to say that I likewise feel the same, Mizu. You have been nothing short of respectful and I certainly would love to make this a habit between us. It took me some time to learn this, but while you should always uphold duty to your family and the Gotei, never lose sight of treating yourself out every now and then. Enjoy the simple aspects of life. It may feel weird at first, but you really learn to enjoy yourself. And, who knows, with how convincing that recruitment was, you might have a friend sooner than you think," she quipped, patting her shoulder again.

It was perhaps advice she would've liked to tell herself in the past. Mizu seemed young and ambitious, and Rio admired that. It wouldn't sit right with her not to tell the woman some advice to ease her spirits. Duty was a sacred, honorable notion. There was no denying that. Peace of mind? Equally so.

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:26 pm
Later Mizu would not be able to recite any detailed description of the restaurant her and Rio had stopped in as her attention was entirely captivated by her companion. The woman's confidence and wisdom were both traits she found admirable, especially in another Shinigami; not only that but she always seemed to say the right thing to keep Mizu feeling positive about their interaction.

The blonde haired Shinigami knew what Rio was telling her was true, but still struggled to fully swallow actually implementing it. For her doing a good job was the only satisfaction she should be looking for, and as a person who had always lagged behind her peers usually every moment not spent bettering herself was a waste. It would take time for her to grow more comfortable letting loose and taking time for herself but today was a good start. She was at least thrilled with the idea of Rio potentially joining not just the Gotei United, but her Division. She certainly wouldn't mind working underneath her just based on this limited interaction.

"That would be wonderful, Rio. We do still have multiple high ranking positions open....no pressure though!" Not wanting to barrage Rio too much about the Gotei topic, Mizu switched gears and decided to try learning more about her new friend "If you don't mind me asking Rio, what are your ambitions? Do you have something you're working on or toward right now?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:32 pm

To be certain, Mizu had posed a very good question. What were her ambitions? Beyond adopting this freedom of mind, what else lay beyond that horizon? Where would this path ultimately lead her? She could certainly claim she was happy with the station she occupied now, but somewhere within the innermost depths of her soul, Rio wholeheartedly knew tedium would one day set in. Roaming the depths of places unexplored welcomed its fair share of novelty, of course - there were so many unique moments she could pursue, but looking at Mizu, Rio wondered, or more accurately, pondered the merit of fighting under the banner of the Gotei.

She had avoided it for years in pursuit of maintaining stability in her family, but what came next? Would she simply live out the rest of her days in blissful fancy? Igen had posed the thought to her before, and now Mizu. A sheepish smile formed in her countenance, the Shihoin woman scratching the side of her head, struggling to find a proper answer. Shameful as it was to admit, Rio currently held no aspiration one might consider worthwhile beyond befriending new people. It wasn't entirely embarrassing, to be sure, but still... why did it bother her so much?

"My answer is admittedly rather tame, Mizu. I possessed ambitions in the past as it pertained to my family, but... lately? Beyond befriending and meeting others, I cannot say there is anything I feel compelled to pursue with any real conviction quite yet. Honestly, that's why I've been considering finally assuming a position in the Gotei. I feel my talents would be put to use quite well there, and meeting some of you so far, I'd be in great company."

Rio smiled as she turned to Mizu, posing the same question in return.

"Although I think I have an idea of what you want, I'd like to ask you the same question, Mizu. It is always interesting to hear someone else's point of view. What are your ambitions - not only in your duty to the Gotei, but your life as a whole?"

Last edited by Iori on Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:50 am
Mizu's gaze followed her friend's as she seemingly struggled to come up with a satisfactory answer to the blonde Shinigami's inquiry. Perhaps, she thought to herself, Rio was not entirely sure of what she was searching for in life at the moment. To Mizu this was an alien concept as from her earliest moments she knew what she wanted to be and do. Still, she felt no urge to judge this woman for being unsure; after all, everyone has their own journey and path to follow. Perhaps one day she herself would be questioning why she was doing what she's doing. Such a thought exercise wasn't worth considering however as all she could be certain of was her current objective.

"Well, Rio, if I may, I might not be a great and wise Shinigami but I believe it is alright to be a bit directionless. You can't always be certain of the direction of the path you tread. All you can do is try to find it again after your detours." Mizu made sure to match Rio's smile with one of her own before answering her redirected question "T-truth be told, I want to be a first-rate Shinigami someday. Not just to be strong, but so I can make positive change for others and ensure all get equal opportunity regardless of their background or limitations...it will be, and has been, a difficult road, but I hope to live up to the reputation and expectation of the Gotei United."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:23 pm

Rio certainly appreciated Mizu's advice, regardless of her age, as she felt everyone was allowed to express their mind no matter how old they were. Mizu was correct to an extent. There was no reason to feel embarrassed about being directionless. Rio would find her direction soon. She treaded a few detours, but she would get there. At the moment, she was listening to Mizu speak at length about her own desires. They were admirable ambitions, worthy of the shihoin woman's utmost praise.

To Rio, Mizu seemed to be destined for great things, though her reason for coming to that conclusion was more rooted in her determination and the plans she laid out on her difficult path. Rio welcomed that spirit. To continue forward on a path regardless of difficulty, striving forward until you succeeded in your dream.

Rio had somewhat forgotten what her dreams were. Her family had been the only thing occupying her focus for year. No aspiration outweighed duty to family - that is the strict bearing she had placed on her spirits years ago, and now she felt as if she were free. From Rio's perspective, Mizu was a breathe of fresh air. There was no particular arrogance about her. She was entirely genuine and quite respectful. With noble ambition, the sky was truly the limit for her. Eating a small piece of Okonomoyaki, Rio would extend a hand forward, softly ruffling the woman's head, a chuckle dancing from her lips.

"Well, I haven't see you in action beyond meeting you, but I can say from first impression alone, that you'll reach that dream in no time. With respect and noble intent, I truly think you'll go quite far. Now that we're friends, I'll certainly do my best to help your dream become a reality."

"

Last edited by Iori on Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:02 pm
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] - Page 2 O2HaqQt

MORIKAWA MIZU

Not expecting Rio to ruffle her hair, Mizo closed her eyes as her cheeks blushed a light rosy red from embarrassment; she felt a bit like a kid sister to this woman in this moment. Which, for Mizu, certainly wasn't the worst thing in the world. Being treated so fondly and familiarly by a woman she could admire was a gift, and left no sour taste in her mouth. She knew to much of the Gotei she was still but a child, but that would surely change with time. Especially if she had people like Rio in her corner.

"And I yours, Rio. I may not yet be able to offer much but I shall do all within my power to support your dreams in return." Mizu said, fully aware this deal was entirely lopsided toward herself; but that was merely the current reality, not the reality of the future. With Rio at her back Mizu was confident she could become a Shinigami capable of supporting this woman.

To others this kind of immediate pledge-taking to someone barely removed from being a stranger may seem extreme, but for Mizu it was simply how she approaches relationships. If she commits her all to others, they will commit their all to her, with the inverse being true as well. Between friends and family perishing in the line of duty there was no time or room for milquetoast equivocation in her life.

GENIUS HARD WORKER | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum