Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra]

Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:40 am
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 SgHGbAG

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Happens all the time when you're young. Ya want to feel like you're wanted, like people like ya and think ya matter. Lotta people just find someone special and that all mellows out, but sometimes ya don't. Maybe nobody quite clicks, maybe ya just don't have time for all that. Long as you've got people in your life who care, though, ya won't need that. Well, most people won't, anyway."

Ira had, admittedly, dealt with a lot of situations not entirely unlike this in his life. His son looking for a lady, all those young guys who'd drink their sorrows away on deck out at sea. Just because he'd never gone through it himself, that didn't mean Ira was unfamiliar with it by any stretch of the imagination.

"Bein' happy's the first step, way I see it. If you're out there on the prowl, everyone's just gonna see a desperate weirdo. I mean, hell, would you wanna be with someone who's happiness was all dependent on your relationship? Be pretty stressful, and besides, I'm not so sure I'd want to be with the sorta person who looks at a lonely, sad girl and says, 'ah, now that's what I need.'" Ira knew he was maybe being a little harsh, but Ehefra was a big girl, and she'd understand he wasn't just here insulting her. "Course, maybe ya don't find anyone like that. Nothin' wrong with that either, long as you're happy."

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra]

Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:03 am
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 HEADER_Dqz096RXQAIrnIO

Eh?
She blinked, SHEER surprise just kinda...popping up on her face with a crooked smile as she just kinda .....stared at Ira. E-EH?! WAsn't he at least a LITTLE surprised or confused about all this?! Not even a moment passed before he hit her with the 'oh yea I know exactly what you mean. And she was just.....struck by just how....immediately he knew what she was talking about. She stared a bit in awe... her mouth slightly open and in a bit of shock as she listened to his words. His gentle and casual assurance that she WASN'T crazy.

Ira really was something else. He was so just.....smart? Wise? Experienced? It kinda made her a bit flustered how easily he was able to relate to and talk her through her problems. And this had hardly BEEN the first time it happened. And ...eheh...well.. Her face lit up when he mentioned that whole uh... desperate thing. Oh yes, she was hit with a very specific type of self cringe, thinking about her own past. "Ahah...uh .yea.... well...damn that's.... relieving to ...hear..." She stammered, staring up at Ira.

"Uh.... first off: wow. That was....fast. Ahah.... I thought it'd be a little ...harder to discern my rambling but ...damn, benefits of experience I guess. Uh. Whew... damn, that guy in soul society is lucky." She murmured. If she were at her best, she probably would have been pretty turned on by tall that. And would have probably told him how lucky she was that her legs weren't currently working. But still.... for now, she gave a soft smile and sighed. "Man, you always knowhow to make me feel better....." She closed her eyes, and thought back....

All the way back to when he was just a tiny little thing.... telling her she would make a good wife. She'd held onto that.... maybe more than she'd realized. And .....yea... she supposed she wasn't really in a rush. And well..that shallow opinionh'd given so long ago, without really getting to know about all her dark shit. Still....it was nice to ...at least THINK to herself that....once she DID get around to that stuff...IF she did. That she had a good chance at being a goof wife to someone.

"Yea well uh.. I'll be a lot happier when I'm outta this damn hospital." She chuckled, sighing just a bit before looking back to Ira. "Damn you're good at this. I wish I was better at giving advice so I could pay you back, sheesh, at this point I'm in emotional support debt." She snickered, giggling a bit to herself before sighing and giving him a wink. "But hey, you're rackin up a lot of brownie points there Ira. You should come around more often, maybe cash em in..." That playful, flirty smile softened a little. "I miss you, ya know? Wouldn't mind seeing ya a bit more. Meeting some of these shinigami friends of yours and all that, ya know? It's nice seeeing your pretty face now and then." She pointed out, attempting to balance out her sentimentality with a little bit of flirting as well.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:16 am

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Well hey, glad at least one of us is gettin' some use outta all those years I've got on me, eh?"

Ira certainly thought it was nice to see how far Ehefra had come, though he wasn't the sort to think that meant she didn't have a lot further to go. He was under no illusions she was a perfect princess, but he was at least glad to know that she was doing better, and he had no intentions of leaving her to figure things out on her own.

"Yeah, I've been meanin' to come by more, but all this travel and training ain't quick, you know! But don't worry, I'll probably stick around here for a while. Got plenty of reason to, after all."

Training would be easy enough, and as much as he liked hanging out with Yugiri, he knew she'd be alright without him around. Besides, that teacher of hers...well, Ira wasn't exactly the biggest fan.

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:27 pm
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 HEADER_41301658_p13

Ehefra raised a brow at that and made a bit of a face. "I should HOPE you're getting use outta that." She retorted, tilting her head a bit to the side and smiling at him. "I mean, that's kinda what you always do innit? Always been the travelling sort. It's how we met after all." She pointed out, raising a finger intellectually and putting on something of a sly smirk. "By all means, I hope you keep wanderin around. But yea, maybe a bit more frequent with the visits. Ugh, I don't wanna be left ALONE with some of the people around here. Most of the vandenreich are...alright. But ugh....some of these peeps gimme the creeps." She murmured, closing her eyes and laying her head back.

....Taking a full few seconds before she re-parsed that last thing IRa said and opened an eye. "Oh yea? And why would that be?" she asked a bit suspiciously. Just what in the city was giving him a reason to stick around eh? A few possibilities came to mind. He met someone hot (Not likely given his little date). Him joining the vandenreich (she certainly hoped not). And well, that's all that her own tired, hospital-ridden mind could conjure up. Certainly all the more reason for her to be curious.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:14 pm

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Hey, I wouldn't stop wanderin' for anyone. Well...maybe that's not totally true. But those few years I took off from wanderin' for my little girl's sake were a special case. Wouldn't trade 'em for anything, but it's good to get out again."

Once upon a time, he'd said that he took up traveling again so that he could see the world in her stead, let her eyes see all the things they never got to. It still hurt to think about, of course. Ira wasn't nearly so callous as to just get over the loss of his granddaughter that easy. But he'd accepted by now that this was his body, his life. Ada wasn't tagging along with him.

"One of the only places I haven't spent much time, other'n those few little bits of freelance I did for 'em a while back. Met a few other alright people around here, and I'd like to get a little more practice in with someone that ain't a shinigami."

He certainly didn't have any intention of joining up or anything like that. Ira wasn't quite that committed.

"Not to mention it's warm down here this time of year. It's winter up north, gettin' cold."

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:51 pm
I'm Stuck With a Valuable Friend [Ira, Ehefra] - Page 2 HEADER_41301658_p13

Ehefra couldn't help the impish smirk that crossed her face. "Oh yea?~ The date go THAT well eh?" She teased slyly on the subject of what it would take to put a halt to Ira's wandering days. Even so, she nodded slowly as Ira spoke of the pause... and how he seemed to enjoy getting to go back to it. She thought a little about her own days wandering. And ....well....she had to admit, they hadn't been pleasant. Though, that was it's own special case to be sure. Even so she couldn't help but ENJOY more or less having a place to call home but...she didn't mind traveling a lot. Did what she do now count as wandering? Hm...

"Well it certainly sounds like you got a lot of reasons to stick around for a bit. I know a lot of the Vandenreich are gonna be ...kinda taking a moment to recoup. But once they're on their feet. I don't imagine they'll turn down an opportunity to train. Truth be told. We'll prob ably get a few more people joining just from the city in general after what happened." She closed her eyes, thinking back to those days in Malaysia. Nothing put a fire in people quite like losing or almost losing something.

She took a moment and ....thought about that. Thinking about why SHE had gotten stronger. She'd... never really had anything to ...protect. Sure, she DID protect things now, but never out of any obligation. She'd ....kinda become a quincy because she wanted to escape her old home, her old life. She just....wanted to be a Quincy. Then in Malaysia, strength was a necessity, not a want. And now.... it was .... just a part of who she was. Growing. It helped her do her job better, but she didn't really...HAVE anything in particular to protect. Even the people in her life like... Natasha and Candice. They pretty much were able to protect themselves. Weren't they? Hm.

She glanced at Ira for a moment. And .... took a moment to REALLY look at him. Thinking back to when they had first met.
"What is it that makes you wanna be stronger?" She ventured. Nothing but plain curiosity in her eyes.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum