Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Left_bar_bleue0/0Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Empty Encore [Rose, Rangiku]

Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:42 am

Encore [Rose, Rangiku] IBuMGRZ

Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi | Captain of the 8th

It had been a whirlwind few weeks since Rose had finally returned to Soul Society. There had been duties to see to, of course, and matters to be arranged for his new Division. He was building everything from the ground up, even the barracks, though it was fortunate that the architects had enough materials already set aside after a failed attempt to construct a barracks for the old Seventh Division. Still, the question on everyone's mind - especially his own - was who to take as a Vice Captain.

Offers and invitations had gone out to all the Divisions and beyond, probing for those with potential to seek him out and see if they were a good fit. Several had done so, but none yet truly resonated with the peculiar Vizard. It wasn't like most of them hadn't been capable enough at the most base level, but Rose was after a specific kind of person. One that he could truly call a partner.

So the search continued.

He lounged in his office, still littered with unpacked clutter of the countless trinkets and trophies he had amassed in centuries spent in the Realm of the Living, with feet kicked up on the desk as he plucked at the chords of his electric guitar. It was not plugged in, so, instead, he played for his own imagination, but that did not appear to faze him. After all, when the next candidate arrived, he intended to be himself right from the get go.

Where Are We Now | END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Empty Re: Encore [Rose, Rangiku]

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:44 am
Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Y9u5IiA

Rangiku Matsumoto

Roughly on time, a knock at his door broke any stillness of sound. While Rangiku was perfectly open to the idea of jumping back into a familiar role, she didn't really know much about the newly instated captain. She hadn't met him proper when he was a captain before, and the only other time she could recall was only during battle... Not exactly the best place for getting to know somebody. Today would've been the best gauge for that; if she was gonna be somebody's vice captain, she ought to get a read on them first, but she had some feeling this wouldn't be anything like Toshiro.

"Hey," She'd poke her head in through the door, light locks of hair coming into view, a hand poking in to wave as she'd open the door, "Hope I wasn't running too late."

Blue eyes would scan the office, seeing all the packed up items that obviously were from the living realm, before fully walking in and gently shutting the door behind her, "How're you doing today? Oh, thanks for the invite by the way."

END|
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Left_bar_bleue0/0Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:40 pm

"Ah, Ms Matsumoto, come in. Don't mind the mess, or me, it's been quite the transitionary period."

With a bob of the head, Rose tried to convey for her to enter whilst his hands continued to work the strings. He was in the middle of a composition, so it would be rude to stop now. Still, it had been several centuries since he had last properly conversed with Rangiku though it was good to see that she was doing well. It had been a distant relationship, a few degrees of separation between them, but she had been Toshiro's Vice-Captain for many years and Isshin's before that.

"I wasn't sure if you would accept the invitation, to be honest. You've been teaching at the Academy for a while now, are you sure you're ready to step right back into the thick of things?"

For all his foppish mannerisms, Rose did cut rather directly to the chase. She was certainly qualified, so that was not an avenue that needed any particular review, but it was her mental state that was in question. They were in for another wild ride, with all the drama caused by Ichigo Kurosaki, and the unofficial purpose of the 8th was rather tied to that man they had both once called a friend. Could she hack it?

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Encore [Rose, Rangiku] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:59 am

Rangiku Matsumoto

She'd only give a slight shrug of the shoulders and a lax smile to the work in progress that was... Well everything, "No worries, change makes things a bit messy at first, after all."

Calmly resting in the chair in front of him, she took note of his nonstop practice, more in an intrigued fashion than a bothered or irritated one, but simply took note of it and instead focused on him alone. She was leaning back in the chair in a relaxed posture - not in an undignified or rude way, but in such a manner that she didn't appear tense or worried, still plenty engaged despite her calm appearance. Though she was rather surprised but ultimately thankful that the man had cut to the point rather than dance around it, of course it was a question she fully expected to be asked as it was a pretty reasonable concern; it was only a matter of when it would come up,

"I get that the amount of time i've been off duty may be a concern," She'd begin, a degree of seriousness to her tone settling in, "But I've been preparing for this for good a while. As much as i've done within a teaching role, I've always had intent to return to the Gotei. Recent events have only intensified the desire to see that intent through. I wouldn't have accepted your invitation if I was not properly confident in my ability to fulfill the role."

Though she still retained that look of calm, her mind was clearly on more pressing things, "I've been made aware of the situation with Ichigo. I have full intent on serving to the best of my ability, much as I have before."

END|
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:29 pm

"I suppose that is the vice of us old souls. We leave, and yet our hearts are never truly gone, so we all return in the end."

Rose's words were almost like the lyrics of a song, matched so well with the music that came from his guitar that it was almost like he was simply practising for a performance, and yet he was also serious. There was so much of him that belonged to the Gotei, to the people he had known back then and still knew now, that was his motivation. So, for them, his guitar would always be ready to cry.

But, with that said, he stopped his strumming for a moment and rocked forwards. An eyebrow cocked upwards as he grew as intense as his words were for the briefest of moments.

"It was recent events that spurred me into action too, concerning the creature that was Ichigo Kurosaki. The Eighth Division was founded for that purpose, though I do not advertise it so openly. We serve as aids to every other Squad to better suit our goal should that Arrancar interfere with Gotei affairs. There are many other fine contenders to serve as my Vice Captain, but none more well-equipped for this task than yourself. It may be a long and winding road, but it seems you are ready to walk it with me."

Satisfied, he leaned back again and began to take up his instrument once more.

"So, any questions?"

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:47 am

Rangiku Matsumoto

She met Rose's response with a slight smile and a nod. Her debilitating injuries from the war so long ago was what originally took her from her duties, not a lack of spirit or loss of heart. Even during her lengthy and painful recovery she didn't lose sight of those she cared for and what she wanted to do for them, remaining busy and even picking back up on training as she taught in the academy. Even being at a loss with gaining her Bankai didn't impede her; some day that barrier would be broken, but until then she was still intent on fighting for everyone she cared for in the best position she could muster.

Her eyes betrayed a bit of sadness to the reminding of what Ichigo Kurosaki had become, but a foundation of steadiness was maintained. It was an incredible misfortune that such a promising kid had gone down a dark road - she couldn't help but be reminded of another she tried hard to leave to the past, and was why she was incredibly bent on being the one for those with issues to go to if they needed to talk or seek comfort. She didn't want anyone else she knew to fall to the wayside if she could help it.

Even in her feelings, she would let out a reserved exhale, readying herself, and smiling at Rose, "None that come to mind, Captain."

END|
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:33 pm

Lilac eyes gazed into Rangiku's own as Rose acknowledged the emotions that danced across her face in response to his mentioning of Ichigo. It was a sore spot for all of them, but that did not change what had come to pass. The story had moved on to its next act, and so they would have to adapt to this new script. Tentatively, his fingers pulled at a few sombre chords as his gaze dropped.

"Good. Channel that emotion if you need to, and see that it is put to good use. Our greatest strength in the Eighth will be our heart, and I am counting on you to accommodate for that which I cannot."

It wouldn't take long for that to process up the chain of command, he had already drawn up all the proper documentation, it was just a matter of affixing names and the like. He had seen enough, after all, and to draw it out now would be needlessly frivolous.

"No doubt, once you have settled in, we will have to come to rely on each other. So do not hesitate to come to me if there is anything you need to discuss, Vice-Captain."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum