Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Left_bar_bleue0/0Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Empty Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke]

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:33 pm

Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

It had been a while since Asami had ventured out beyond the Seireitei outside of official business. But most of her free days of late had been spent in the Furukawa Archives, tending to herself and trying to do anything but think about those dark thoughts that lingered at the back of her mind. Eventually, though, even she could not stand those same four windowless walls. Her training regime had suffered from her absences, her body a little slower than she would have liked, so when she had found a flier for a school of sorts opening out in the Rukongai it had captured her attention.

There was no way she would run into him out here, at least. Perhaps, finally, she could focus on something else wholeheartedly.

Musai Kyoutei hung at her hip, the pair of blades sheathed, though a hand did tend to naturally rest upon the pommel of one of them. Even for all the work that had gone into improving security in the districts, one could never be too cautious. It was quite a depressing thought to have, that all of this was practically on her doorstep, but she quickly moved on to the actual focus of the day.

It did not take all that long to find the place in question. Her knack for investigation certainly helped steer her in the right direction, her status as a seated officer of the Gotei might have helped too but she had opted to be a little more covert. Carrying her weapons was a clue enough towards her profession, though the choice to wear casual training clothes instead of her Shihakusho did at least add a little mystery. Approaching the entrance, she wondered if she would be greeted personally or expect to make her own way inside. Her knowledge of dojo mannerisms was not exactly as pristine as she might have liked.

Burning the midnight oil | END POST
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Empty Re: Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke]

Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:46 pm
[CLICK THE POSTING MUSIC IN THE YOUTUBE BAR]

WEAVER OF BLOOD

Enter Hyosuke's Post

As Asami approached the dojo entrance Hyosuke was neatly visible from where she stood. Benicho Kogo currently resting at an angle against his shoulder, the handle of the umbrella stuck under one crossed leg as he faced away from her to the left. His left hand currently gently his right sleeve as his right hand moved with sharp, small motions, flowing ink over paper with a small pile of completed sheets closer to Asami on the small table. Even from her location it could be seen and read as additional, if somewhat modest and more direct, flyers for the dojo. Different from the type she had found as Hyosuke had grown a bit nostalgic over the course of the past few days. Being a teacher again and, in a sense, a leader again made him feel as if his own personal touch would be appreciated.

Hyosuke did not respond immediately as Asami approached the entrance, indeed he put the finishing touches on the current flyer as he called gently.

"I'll be just a moment Miss, apologies for keeping you waiting."

Once the flyer was complete, smoothed out, and left to dry Hyosuke would set the brush gently aside, release his sleeve to grab the handle of Benicho Kogo, and stand with elegance. Turning to face Asami Hyosuke would pause upon seeing her, his lips setting into a thin line as his head softly titled to their side. His single eye taking in her appearance holistically, then squinted, before he smiled and bowed gently.

"Ah, that's right, Furukawa Asami. What a pleasure. I apologize it took me a moment, your current attire is a far cry from what I am used to seeing people in our circles wearing."

Straightening from the shallow bow Hyosuke would motion with his hand not holding the Wagasa to the dojo's interior.

"Please, if you are here to train, by all means make yourself comfortable though I do ask you remove your footwear."

Hysouke's voice melted into a warm chuckle and he smiled a small, easy smile, indicating a particular spot on the dojo where a spot was lightly dusted with dust and some dirt. Though it had been a bit since Hana's lesson he had left it there for a reason. It was to remain there until Hana's next visit, as she would be the one to clean it.

"I would hate for the dojo to get MORE dirty but unlike one of my previous students I hardly feel the broom will be a worthy opponent for you.~"

Shaking his head lightly, Hyosuke would idly spin Benicho Kogo against his shoulder, sighing softly in exasperation.

"No, if half the things I hear of you are true I may end up being quite thankful for your visit. Teaching the inexperienced is much like planting a tree, you may not live to enjoy it's shade, but a skilled student is a gift in the moment. Like an ornate blade that simply needs a bit of sharpening. Ah..... speaking of dull... I am afraid I don't have anymore tea in the dojo to help us loosen up. In any case, tell me, Asami-san, how may I help sharpen you today or... rather.... what do you wish to practice?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Left_bar_bleue0/0Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] Empty Re: Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke]

Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:49 pm

There was a certain charm to the effort that was put into these flyers. In a world where so much could be done with new technology, she could not help but feel like a lot of appreciation had been lost for those simple traditional arts. That was the thought that immediately crossed Asami's mind as her gaze wandered beyond the art and to the man creating it. There was a certain note of recognition as she seemed to realise who owned this dojo, though not anything like familiarity.

"Oh, it's quite alright. I would not wish to disturb your work."

Letting him finish his artwork, she took a moment to adjust her fascinator to tie her hair up into a higher ponytail. There was a certain reverence given to a man's devotion, though it was expected in turn of course. He approached, and Asami was quick to follow his own bow with one of her own.

"I clothe myself appropriately for the occasion, Master Niyagata. You will not find my dress nor decorum lacking."

Nodding along at the direction given to her, and generally accepting the instructions given, Asami removed her shoes and let her feet feel the ground beneath them as they stepped inside. She was hardly unaccustomed to fighting barefoot, though it was not her preference if given the choice, she had come to appreciate a different style of combat. Perhaps even learn a thing or two.

"I would dare to wonder what you have heard of me, though. I was not aware that my reputation preceded me by any particular margin unless I had done something to earn such attention." Though perhaps he was just humouring her with such comments, she was not a woman of great renown and yet had served the Gotei for many decades.

"It is often a shame to be lacking in tea, though I have developed a distaste for it of late so you need not worry yourself with such things. Now, forgive me, for I did not come here solely for the company. I have let my blades gather dust in these past months and I dared to wonder if a fresh perspective might better guide my development."

Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:53 pm

WEAVER OF BLOOD

Enter Hyosuke's Post

Hyosuke found Asami's rather unique blend of noble politeness and promptness with decorum rather refreshing. She did not execute these things in the fragile, surface level way dear Hana had. Out of pure obedience and repetition, no Asami seemed to be a woman of caliber all on her own merit, a confidence and comfortability with her movements that all his students until now had quite lacked. If Hana-chan was a turtle coming out of her shell and Kaito was a training figure just feeling out what made him unique in this world then Asami was simply a woman who's dedication spoke for itself in a quiet, but undeniable manner, like a proud creator letting what she made stand beside her, a life fashioned by her own hands, with no expectation of pomp or fanfare.

Indeed these thoughts were confirmed when Asami wondered how he had heard of her and as Hyosuke took up his position at the head of dojo, where he would traditionally stand when giving lectures or demonstrations and where he would stand when beginning to train a student or face a challenger. With Benicho Kogo still idly spinning against his shoulder Hyosuke would purse his lips, hum, and listen to Asami's small assessment of herself. An assessment spoken eloquently, honestly, and without hesitation or undo humility. His usual easy smile returned to his face as Asami finished and he shook his head.

"A shame about your distaste for tea but it is not for everyone.~"

Drawing in a slow inhale Hyosuke stopped twirling Benicho Kogo against his shoulder abruptly, his singular eye roaming over Asami's stance briefly, before he nodded his head and gave an audible hum in thought.

"I see. I am afraid I do not normally wield two weapons myself, but then again..."

Hyosuke's gaze lurched upward as he looked up at Benicho Kogo and an easy laugh left his lips.

"I suppose my choice of Zanpakuto is not quite the norm either is it?"

Mostly a rhetorical question Hyosuke rubbed his chin with a free hand and took a moment to consider, as he had two points to address, so he did eventually decide to start with the more personable statements.

"Before we begin diving into the ways in which I could aid you in developing yourself further Asami-san I find it is equally advantageous for a teacher to know the mind behind the movements as it is for them to see the movements in action. As an example, and as you have no doubt observed, I for one am rather observant when it comes to connections and station. Prior to Ender's invasion I played quite the prolonged game of cat and mouse against a rather cunning demon, as such, I became innately invested in tracking who knows who and why they are known. When enemies move within your own ranks possessing that skillset is.... was... a great boon. Now, however, I use it to keep track of individuals among the nobility and, I will be honest, more out of overexposure than a devoted interest in the.... dreary boredom of politics."

Hyosuke waved his free hand dismissively at the notion of politics, chuckling again, before he sighed and set his shoulders.

"So, I am sure with this information you can glean some educated guesses about my fighting style, no? Just a bit of how the man behind the Wagasa operates. Thus, let us move on to you. It did, in fact, take me some time to recognize you. I did not play that up for a good first impression. But from I seem to recall you are a dedicated, hard-working and...."

Hyosuke tilted his head, his single eye meeting Asami's pointedly, then narrowing gently in thought.

".... Sixth seat in your division? Who prefers to be unassuming."

Straightening his head Hyosuke''s eye opened wide again as he asked.

"Does this seem correct? You can spare me humility and platitudes, by the by, I've lived long enough to know confidence and competence in one's gait when it walks into my dojo."

Despite how dismissive the words he used may have sounded there was an undeniably good nature to how Hyosuke said these things, a warmth and curiosity that told he took this as seriously a part of training as practicing bladework or Kido.

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:56 am

Taking her own position at the front of the room, where a student or a challenger might find themselves before the instructor, Asami studied Hyosuke as he began to address her initial proposal. There was certainly an air of integrity to him, a level of articulateness that suited his noble position, but he was quick to laugh and smile. Perhaps a little too quick for her liking, but perhaps it was just in her current nature to be a little more guarded around those that had too much to be jovial about.

"Our schools of weaponry may differ, but I am sure your wisdom will not be hampered by my choice of blades."

She glanced down at Musai Kyoutei, hands patting the hilts of her weapons reassuringly. There were not many who wielded paired weapons, and fewer still that used them as she did, but her technique was not exactly what she had grown concerned about.

As he offered a little more detail about his history, Asami was quick to note what tidbits were being given to her and what more was being alluded to. At the final comment in his assessment, though, her lips did begin to curl into a polite smile. Outwardly suggesting that she was pleased with his judgment of her character, though inwardly there was a sense of relief that he had been so restrained. Still...

"Fifth Seat, of the Fifth Division. But that is my only correction to what you have said about me."

Now she was expected to return, so she would meet him with an earnest honesty and perhaps glean a little more from it.

"I too have little care for politics and yet possess an interest in keeping myself well informed, which certainly makes an individual like yourself interesting to me. The rukongai is not a place I would expect a noble head to be running a, forgive me, simple dojo. Less so a former Captain of the Gotei Thirteen. Such a thing would be worth investigating, would it not, when one is ever considering the possibility of dangers within our midst?"

That was a sharp line of inquiry, but he had instructed her to drop the niceties. Rolling her shoulders, she slipped out of her jacket and turned to deposit it a little out of the way. Though her gaze did linger upon Hyosuke as she continued to study the man.

Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:21 pm

WEAVER OF BLOOD

Enter Hyosuke's Post

With Hyosuke flattery would get Asami everywhere, or at least, everywhere he allowed it to get her. He recognized the comment about his wisdom as somewhere between a genuine compliment and also more niceties. Whatever the truth of it was Hyosuke also lowered his gaze to appreciate the weapons Asami carried, studying their forms and construction, before his eye roamed back up to Asami's face. It was impolite to stare anywhere near the hips of such a bold young woman, after all, and Hyosuke was certainly going to be the teacher he presented himself as. While the vague thought of relations and age in the Soul Society drifted through his mind he shrugged internally, more off-put by the simple master-student relationship than her age. Once in the dynamic of teacher and student, Hyosuke had no interest in the individual romantically, intriguing as he or she might be.

Truthfully while Hyosuke would like to be able to say his incorrect memory of Asami's seat was a test to see if she said anything, and indeed he might even tease her by claiming such, the truth of it was that he simply fallible. One man, even one so used to it as he, could only remember so much about so many important figures. Even so, what he recognized as a genuine smile caused him to hum, evidently his last bit had pleased her. She wished to be an enigma it seemed, or she was deceiving him to simply put him off guessing anything else about her. Quite a clever woman, it seemed, and Hyosuke had nothing but appreciation for it.

The real conversation began, however, when Asami dropped her polite mask and Hyosuke couldn't help but raise a brow in what surely looked a skeptical look as she called him interesting, cast doubt on his intentions with his dojo, and used his status as a through-line to study him more.... closely. In truth Hyosuke was far from skeptical, he was damned appreciative, he was simply surprised she had clung onto what could surely be quite the suspicious chain of connections. An Ex-Captain, training any and all comers in a suspiciously small dojo after willingly vacating his position out of disgust? If Hyosuke were a more arrogant man he felt he would have been offended at the bit of merit her suspicions held.

As things were, however, Hyosuke actually tucked Benicho Kogo under his arm to hold it in place and applauded a short series of claps.

"Quite observant Asami-san. Though I would caution you on the difference between letting go of false niceties and levelling rather pointed inquiry at someone inviting you into their property. Regardless I am far from offended, you would have done quite well in my own division I feel, back in my day. I make no understatement in saying we were in dire need of inquisitive, capable women such as yourself."

Just as much truth as it was flattery Hyosuke returned Benicho Kogo to his hand and sighed.

"Though, naturally, with no worry in this day and age of enemies amongst us it is ultimately a hollow riposte in our little verbal spar, hmm?"

That sentence was, in it's totality, Hyosuke's own maneuver in their little battle of wit and wordplay. A trap and test in one simple series of words that he had his own conclusions to draw from, depending on how Asami reacted. Which, of course, he gave her just enough time to do before nodding.

"But, for now, I think we have enough of an appreciation of the other to go to the real reason for your visit."

Without any further word, and a very close eye on how quickly Asami reacted to his statement, Hyosuke would pause just a moment before sliding a foot back more into a combative stance, Benicho Kogo still over the shoulder that faced Asami. It was his left hand, specifically, so his right hand and leg were behind him, as his left eye was not the on that bore his eyepatch.

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:19 am

Whilst there was a measure of intent to her questions, Asami was hardly so naive as to assume that there was inherently something darker at work. The path of justice was to assume innocence until there was proof of guilt, and that was an ideal that she held close to her cautious heart. She knew only the broadest details of Hyosuke's history, and a few base facts were hardly enough to make a fair appraisal, so she had already decided to withhold any further pressure. That did not mean she would play ignorant of his actions, the amusement at her piercing honesty and the subsequent attempt to brush it off with such a leadingly brazen comment. Were she a more arrogant person then she would have been offended by such a flagrant display.

But Asami was far from a creature driven by ego, even if she played into that facet at times. She returned to her original position opposite Hyosuke, bereft now of her jacket and shoes, and bowed her head politely. A momentary breaking of his face from her site as she curtly responded to much of what he had said.

"It is a curse of those with inquisitive minds, to wonder what lurks in the shadows when others only see the light that casts them. Though I am glad that you see the truth behind my words, for I meant you nor your dojo any disrespect."

She straightened out again in time to meet his gaze as he shifted his stance, holding it evenly as she went to mirror him. From her hip, she drew her katana slowly. Ready to defend herself should Hyosuke choose to suddenly interrupt her, but making it clear that she was also not yet going on the offensive. Taking the weapon in her left hand, she would go to rest it over her shoulder in a similar fashion to her opponent, whilst her right hand still rested upon the sheathed hilt of her tantō.

"I would hope now that the real appreciation might begin. Test me in whatever manner you deem fit, Master, and I will show you my answer."

Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:48 pm

WEAVER OF BLOOD

Enter Hyosuke's Post

As Asami bowed her head Hyosuke was preparing himself to begin the lesson, already beginning to ponder on how he could test Asami in a way both unique and beneficial to her, but it was not until Asami spoke on the curse of their deductive capabilities and clarified she meant no disrespect to him or his dojo Hysouke hummed and, as Asami prepared herself for combat, stated herself to be prepared, Hyosuke.... fell out of his combative stance. Moving Benicho Kogo to cradle it in the crook of his right arm, his left tucking between it and his body, Hysouke's eye drifted away from Asami as he hummed. Asami, fittingly, had given Hyosuke the answer on just how to train her and with a soft hum Hyosuke thought to himself. Speaking loud enough for Asami to hear.

"A curse....? What an odd perspective. I would see it as more of a duty to be upheld. Though I have not lived the same experiences as you."

At the word 'you' with no change in his inflection, no strain in his tone, Hyosuke's right hand, that had risen to touch his chin in thought, would point a finger casually in Asami's direction. His eye returning to look at her in a too-quick motion that was the only warning that from that fingertip, in that moment, many things happened. The first was the launching of a non-incanted Kido. Byakurai to be specific, at Asami. The second was that his left hand, hidden beneath his right arm, pierced his palm with his nails and drew blood from in his veins while his right arm flexing, launching Benicho Kogo off his flexing musculature into his right hand's waiting snatch from the air.

With a fluid motion, and not waiting for Asami's response to Byakurai, Hyosuke vanished in a flash-step as fast as Asami herself, appearing diagonally to her right before flinging his left arm out, a series of knives comprised of his blood would lance at Asami at thigh-level, while Hyosuke once again exercised his Hoho and, carrying himself now much closer to Asami on her right, Hyosuke landed in a crouch and with his right arm coiled back across his chest, Benicho Kogo facing toward Asami and folded in, he would deliver a deadly precise stab toward the joint connecting her right arm to her body. Attempting to pierce and damage the connective tissue in order to deprive her off an entire secondary weapon before she could draw it or otherwise put it to use.

All-in-All, during his attempted stab, Hyosuke felt he had tested Asami's deductive and observational capacity rather well with his deceptive attacks and varied threat angles. Naturally, if his earlier attacks were TOO successful, Hyosuke would pull his punches... or his stabbing in his case, but he was not lying when he could tell Asami was a capable woman, and suspected she would deal with his initial test rather well.

[size=13]Code By:
[THEFROST][/s
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:19 pm

Outward Reflections [Asami, Hyosuke] OQbxa1t

Cautious as she was that Hyosuke would try to disarm her with words before he struck, Asami's muscles had already begun to tense up as soon as he started speaking. There was no indication of the means by which he would attack, though his weapon was certainly the most obvious avenue and the one that she immediately considered. Still, his comment was enough to draw a response from her. Her eyes widened, lips beginning to part as the first note began to escape them, and that was the moment that he cut in.

Asami was not a talented Kido user, she did not enjoy practicing the demon arts nor did she find them particularly useful to her in a duel. That was not to say that she thought they were useless, or that she had not studied them as extensively as any other person at her stage of their career. So, as the bolt of lightning shot towards her from the tip of Hyosuke's finger, her body twisted like the releasing of a coiled spring. That was not to say that she was faster than him, quite the opposite, as the stream of energy connected first with her shoulder briefly before then being deflected around her by the flat of her katana's blade. Resisting the urge to flinch at the shock was the hardest part of enduring the first attack, though the pain was far from pleasant too.

Unlike Kido spells, of which she was knowledgeable, Hyosuke's innate talent was not something that Asami had any means of preparing for. Having already begun to move out of the path of the Byakurai, her gaze was slow to follow as he darted across her to continue the assault from another angle. The first of the daggers slammed home, driving into the meat of her thigh before she even noticed what had happened, though the rest found less purchase as she continued to swing her body around so that her right shoulder was now facing the direction of Hyosuke's approach. A few more knives missed, and others cut and scraped at her, but only the initial one remained embedded in her as the movement completed. It would not take long before a stream of blood would begin to trickle down the side of her leg, though Asami remained yet unaware that it was likely just as much Hyosuke's as her own.

She was already looking in his direction as he came into close combat, though, and that was perhaps where Hyosuke had overextended. He went to cripple her right arm, perhaps assuming that she might evade, but Asami was not about to sacrifice her position in the opening exchange. Gritting her teeth, she brought her entire body into the incoming blow even as it shot towards her. His precision was exquisite, but leaning into the strike reduced the time to impact and thus the power it could generate.

Would it still ache like all hell? Probably. But she retained enough function in her arm to pull her main weapon free of its sheath, and soon the tantō was flying back towards Hyosuke's own leading arm in a sharp thrust.

"Duty should always be a burden, lest we grow complacent."

Her stare was growing ever more intense, lips curling into a smile that seemed to suggest she had enjoyed the initial flurry even though it had certainly not gone well for her.

Red Velvet Fisherman | END POST
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:42 pm

WEAVER OF BLOOD

Enter Hyosuke's Post

Hyosuke was... more than a bit surprised at the efficacy of his initial salvo. Enough so that by the time he had landed himself in close for his stab directed at her shoulder he had already elected to lighten the blow more than usual. Barely piercing the skin of her shoulder before he noted her draw the self-same weapon he had attempted to disable. With force belying it's construction Hyosuke's response was simple; the Wagasa that was his weapon would spring open in that moment, a surface area larger than Asami's arms were long now shielding Hyosuke directly from her attack. Driven open as it was by his blood manipulation driving the blood woven into the fibers of the Wagasa it would open with tremendous force, enough so to all but spray around Asami with the substance at point blank range.

In a near perfect circle would a spray of blood hover in the air, bending and morphing themselves into needles at Hyosuke's direction, none of them distinctly large as the Wagasa could only soak in so much blood. But it made the point clear that just by sheer number of cutting and stabbing slices the daggers of blood could make he felt... satisfied in their initial confrontation. As for Asami's words Hyosuke actually agreed with them in spirit, and would flash-step away from Asami to stand in the center of the room, Benicho Kogo's unfurled form now draped over a shoulder as the blood slowly drifted toward Hyosuke and he nodded.

"Your words ring true Asami-san. I'm relieved to see you are not only a woman of intelligence but conviction."

Smiling dryly Hyosuke would motion to her as nearly all the blood he had released earlier began to seep back into Benicho Kogo's fibers and he would nod. He did, however, elect to keep the blood that had made up the dagger in her thigh where it was. A trick up his sleeve for their next engagement if Asami did not think to address it.

"Take some time, heal yourself with Kaido if you wish, my goal is not to punish and abuse you. Rather, in the meantime, what stood out to you about our initial engagement Asami-san? Are there any actions you would have pursued differently?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum