Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.]

Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:33 pm
Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 J_PostingHeader4
Enter: J. Saionji

Kiyotsumi's idealistic view was something to note. She wasn't entirely incorrect, and her inexperience was something J expected, but until she faced a monster, whether that be Hollow, Arrancar, or any number of enemies out there, she wouldn't be able to truly imagine fear in battle. It caused J to wonder how prepared she was for the world outside of the academy and whether or not the path of a Shinigami was really what she wanted. "May I ask when you expect to graduate?"

Once J ended their footwork training, he asked another question. What little he knew of teaching consisted of figuring out ways to broaden a students view, let them speak for themselves, and see what level they're at. Her answer felt... off. He could not tell whether the answer was innocent, or maybe his question wasn't understood well. That may have been his fault. How could he clear that up?

"Most fighting styles can do that, but what type would you fit into?" J asked. "Do you prefer a sword, your fists, or kido? Close quarters or ranged? Strength or speed? Is stealth of interest to you? How do you want to deal with your enemy?"

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Empty Re: Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.]

Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:06 am
Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 36cXnCk

Kiyotsumi

"Well, I have only been in the Academy for a couple of months. Courses can last for several years and I know that some people have been here for like five or six years, and I know I still have a way to go."

That was her honest appraisal of things. She certainly knew better than to rush this whole process, especially with all the luxuries that were afforded to her whilst she was here. It seemed silly to want to rush out there without proper preparation, though she also had a different reason for being here than most. Not that she would share that, but if she spent the next few years here in this cushy academy then that sounded like time well spent to her.

She laughed lightly as he clarified the other question, silly little Kiyotsumi had just misunderstood what Jay had wanted from her. Of course, there was more to it than just that.

"I would like to learn more kido and hakuda, but my instructors said it was important to master the sword too. Um. Speed and stealth seem like they would be very useful to me. So that you can win without ever giving an opponent the chance to fight back."

Pure Steel Beauty | END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:58 pm

That explained so much.

J was relieved hearing that, a feeling expressed through little more than a quick sigh. She had time to get used to the concepts behind being a Shinigami. What were the chances that the first time J came to the Academy he decided to help a first year student? He wondered how many first years took the extra time to train like Kiyotsumi was. Rumors led him to believe that first years were lazy, incompetent, and rarely picked up the pace until their second or third years, when the thoughts of dying in battle, or getting someone else killed, became more real.

It seemed that he may not be suited to instruct Kiyotsumi further than the fundamentals. His focus was swordsmanship and zanjutsu, and he did not focus on stealth attacks, but one versus many. J did know a few people who could help her, including his own sister and those already working here. However, she was only a few months into her training at the Academy. There was no need to rush progress at this stage, but they were here now, and J wasn't sure when or if he'd return.

"Your instructors are correct," J said and retook his stance, expecting her to mirror him again. "Though the sword is not suited for everyone, understanding it enough to predict your opponents movements or to pick one up if needed, will always be a valuable skill." As he explained, he began moving again, telling her to mirror him if she didn't automatically start. He continued with the footwork, but also performed a couple of slow swings in order to measure her ability to stay on balance while moving her feet and attacking. "Your reasoning for joining the Academy, what is it?"

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Benefits of Education [Kiyotsumi/J.] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Kiyotsumi

It was certainly true that many of her First-Year peers did not train or practice as she did. Many of them came from backgrounds where they already knew a lot of the basics, which made these novice classes a breeze for them, and the rest knew that they could just coast for a while and buckle down later. Kiyotsumi had never had the chance to sit back on her laurels before, so it had not occurred to her to do so now.

"I would like to be good enough to rely on it, eventually, but there is so much more I need to learn."

She understood the transformation that was needed of her more than anyone else, mainly because most of them did not understand the depths to which she had once sunk. So, as Jay began to lead her in more footwork drills, Sumi quickly fell back into the pattern and continued to grow more confident. It was a marked improvement, even in a matter of minutes, though perhaps that was the difference between an expert personal tutor and simply feeling it out like a man looking for a light switch in the pitch black. They even began to weave swings into those motions and it actually didn't feel like she was going to fall over!

It was only when he questioned her again, as they stepped into another faux attack, that she froze up for half a second.

"My reason for joining the academy? Well, I want to protect my home..." That was a bit of a stretch. "And learn to protect myself." That was more accurate. "I want to see what I can accomplish with my own two hands." And that last one wasn't even a lie.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:25 am

Seeing the improvement in Kiyotsumi's balance in such a short time was a good first step. As long as she practiced, she would stay on her own two feet much more often. He took note of the momentary hesitation when he asked another question. Was that too personal? Surprising? Technically, it really was none of his business, and he would not pressure her into answering. However, she answered anyways. J kept note of her steps, her swinging, everything he could see as they continued on. He listened to her answer(s) and stayed silent for a couple more steps before stopping at the end of the pattern. He took a deep breath and lowered his sword.

"All good reasons." J said. He had noticed her original answers felt off, and in a way they still did. "Kiyotsumi, are you fully understanding what the job of a Shinigami is? While these skills can help you with everything you're striving for, we do have a specific job that must be taken seriously. Can you tell me what that job is?"

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:17 pm

Kiyotsumi

Shaking off that momentary stiffness, she continued to bounce from one foot to another until finally, Jay brought them both to a stop. He did look like the silent and thoughtful type, so she hadn't minded him taking a few more moments to consider her response. She couldn't help but be amused by the way his brow furrowed, even though it was likely he was picking apart every word she had said.

"Um. To protect the soul cycle?"

That was a pretty straightforward one. And it was not framed around her opinion of such, so she did not have to carefully dance around the topic. Of course, she didn't really mind having to do all that stuff like soul burials and Hollow cleansing every now and then, but it was hardly the driving force behind her actions. Fortunately, in that basic aspect, she did not feel alone. Many of her peers were also not motivated by the desire to support that primary goal, most had some kind of agenda.

"You are a Shinigami then, Lord Saionji. So are you a member of the Gotei?"

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:49 am

Kiyotsumi was right. J picked apart every words he said. It was a bad habit, one that often caused him to over think, make off the wall assumptions, or make simple things into something more complicated. A straight forward answer was always helpful for him, so he appreciated the one she gave. At least she understood that, but he worried about someone that seemed so delicate stepping out in the way of a hollow. He had felt this way before, with his baby sister, but she had proven him wrong time and time again. He expected that Kiyotsumi may do the same.

"Yes, I am a Shinigami, and I am a member of the Gotei." J said, bowing his head as if introducing himself again. "I am currently the Fourth Seat of the Sixth Division."

At his power level, J. could be much more than a mere Fourth Seat. As expected of many, his goal was Captaincy, and of his own Division at that. Though, he doubted Kiyotsumi could sense that when he kept his power hidden as well as he did, and since she asked whether he even was a Shinigami. He was, however, curious about her reaction to his position. It implied something about his skill and power level.

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:42 am

Kiyotsumi

"Oh wow, a fourth seat? I didn't think a seated officer would take an interest in me."

Having stopped their exercises, Kiyotsumi raised a hand to playfully twirl a few loose strands of her hair around her fingers as she studied Jay with a newfound interest. She certainly seemed entirely surprised to meet someone of such a formidable rank, though what power she could sense from him certainly felt comparable to some of her other instructors and they ranged from Vice-Captains to lifelong teachers. Her senses were hardly what one would call honed, so her assumption of his strength was based more on the way he carried himself rather than what was outwardly being displayed. Of course, he had also hardly taken a real interest in her beyond showing some basic moves and a tip or two, but that didn't stop her from suggesting it.

"What's it like in the Sixth Division, then? Realm Enforcement seems like a tough job, dealing with rogues and all that."

She was quick to pry when given the opportunity, and it certainly deflected the attention away from her so it was a double win. Not to say that she did not care for his answer, though. In a few years, if successful, she would have to choose between the many different divisions and making the correct choice was very important to her. What exactly she considered the correct choice remained to be seen though.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:23 am

It was a well kept secret for J. It felt arrogant, but his sense of pride in how far he had come in the Gotei made him wonder what others thought of him at his current level. He kept it hidden completely, but there was a joy in having someone find it impressive, especially since he hadn't claimed the rank that his power would allow him to reach. He was often too busy with his family, and he was ashamed of how far he had fallen behind. Soon, however, he expected that to change.

And then she did that thing that cute girls do. J blinked once, his only revealing move. She was twirling her hair with her finger. Why did women do that? His baby sister had explained this to him before. It was... a sign of... Gah, women were often mysteries, strange and complicated creatures of beauty and fragility that often left J stumped, confused, and tip-toeing on the line between wanting to see more and wanting to run the hell away. He would have to ask Kei about the rest of the hair twirling gesture, but he remembered one thing she said about it...

"Well," J said, clearing his throat as part of his mind ran in a different direction. "We are tasked with handling issues within the Soul Society. In a way, you could compare us to an advanced police force. We are tasked with upholding the laws of the Soul Society, to keep the peace and safety of its citizens." Though what J said was true, he sounded like a robot, like he read that out of a Sixth Division handbook, which he did. It was years ago, but he still believed in it, and the strength of his tone conveyed that part. Now, about that hair twirling... It must be acknowledged.

"The color of your hair is beautiful," J. said, following his sisters advice to always compliment some part of a woman's appearance. He said nothing else.

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:25 pm

Kiyotsumi

It would have been a stretch for Kiyotsumi to say that her little gesture had been intentionally done to get under Jay's skin, rather it had been a natural response as she let him talk about himself. That it drew a reaction from him when nothing else really had was not lost on her though, and so she didn't stop and added a few more fingers into the mix until her whole hand was wrapped up in this mop of strawberry blonde that flowed out of her head and over those slender shoulders and beyond. Her gaze slipped from his, glancing back on occasion as he continued to explain his work, but remaining somewhat elusive. There was a little remark that she could have added, a thank you for his explanation, but then he cut in again with that final comment on her appearance.

"T-Thank you, Jay-- Lord Saionji!"

Her face flushed with colour as she called him by his first name, though it had already been trending that way after he had laid that compliment upon her and so perhaps she could be forgiven for freaking out a little. Why was he complimenting her anyway? Should she say something kind in return? Oh my. Her entwined hand combed down the length of her hair, running through it with graceful ease before emerging at the end and leaving wavy curls in its wake.

"I-- I'm glad you like it, even when I thought that it would be a mess from all this training. You should see it when..."

The words caught in her mouth as she managed to avoid saying something entirely more embarrassing. What was she thinking? He was just being a little nice, trying to encourage her or whatever, so there was nothing else to it. But no one else had commented on her hair. None of the boys anyway, just her girlfriends on occasion, and not today for sure. Jay would clear all this up. Totally.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum