Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  Empty Post-Modern Family [Kurata]

Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:59 pm
Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  CMjCIgX

THE BUTCHER'S SON

The sun glared overhead, gnats lazily encircling the small water tank that sat aside the seafood counter. With a light buried at its base, water illuminated a single lobster, lazily prodding amongst rocks and a small, fake castle. Stretching away from it, the seafood counter was neatly dressed, a variety of cuts spanning carefully arranged ice. To it's left continued a small butchery, the right a general storefront. The sign that hung above was that of 'Kurata General Goods', one of many that dotted various regions of the Rukongai.

Seated outside was the second born, first son - heir to be. Kurata Hitoshi.

He sat with an arm curled across his chest, cradling the edge of a deep blue parasol that hung on his shoulder. The shadow underneath perched perfectly, nary a drop of shade outside of his reach. Across the small wooden table he was seated, a half empty bottle of sake sat addressed with two saucers, his own flecked with droplets. Fine as a morning dew. The other lay undrenched, a virgin of a container. The taste lay on his tongue as he sat, silent in thought.

To push through would come with overwhelming advantage. The risk is even minimal. Even still, it beckons a certain level of precaution... His head shook slightly in protest, the shift of white strands bordering on invisible. With slowly opening eyes, he'd exhale in minor frustration as his gaze readjusted to the midday sun. Oh, wonderful.

The approach of a woman, related by blood.

"Shura."

252 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Post-Modern Family [Kurata]  Empty Re: Post-Modern Family [Kurata]

Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:05 pm

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - here

Old stomping grounds, that's what most of the Rukongai was for Shura. Exploring the Rukongai was, surprisingly, more interesting than fighting the vast majority of the Fourth Division, it at least had some interesting memories of what gave her the start as the Head of Security. That being said not all that lived within the Rukongai had positive thoughts of her, and she'd made no small share of enemies within it as well. Thankfully her spot within the Gotei made most think twice about challenging her, and those that dared too well... very swiftly changed their minds usually.

For her part she tried her best to be a 'good girl' as some would say, the Kurata name held more weight than simply the biggest name within the Rukongai now and besides... her job wasn't Head of Security for the Kurata business anymore, or at least it wasn't her primary job title anymore. Speaking of the family business, they were rather spread out in a plethora of areas now-a-days.

But family business wasn't why she was here, well... at least not as far as the actual business was concerned, rather she was out here to speak with her kid brother, Hitoshi, and thankfully it seemed he had answered her call. "Ah ha, So you did get my message ya little turd~"

As approached the table she reached out to grab the top of his head before rubbing it rather vigorously and cause that hair to get all sorts of messy before sitting down across him "So, how's life been treatin' ya? Hopefully Father hasn't been shoving all his paperwork on ya." Now... part of her told her to just drink the sake right from the bottle... and perhaps had she been in the company of anyone else she would've. However of everyone in Soul Society, Hitoshi was one of the few people she had real respect for. As a result she instead poured it into the saucer before her and set down the bottle between the two of them. "And your training, how goes it?" She asked as she pulled the saucer to her lips and slowly drank from it.

made by RR of DD, steal and i will sentence you to the true death!
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:55 am

THE BUTCHER'S SON

"Show some demeanor. We're in public." Hitoshi's gaze narrowed onto the woman, a rare sight of visible annoyance. "Sit, pour drinks. Basic etiquette." The man's voice remained steady as he spoke, the restraint palpable against his neck.

In dire need of attention, aren't we? Sanzukiko's laughter faint in the recess of his mind, gentle against his palm. His other raised to meet her approach, a palm flicking her attempt at his head away. Ire flickered in emerald eyes, staying in focus as he stared at Shura seating herself.

"We were not aware you cared for the results of paperwork." He spoke, almost snidely. "Or the origin. It is continuing, but we have heard father is feeling unwell." Shifting some in his seat, Hitoshi sat at full height, free arm stretching to the side. As sunlight danced across his bare fingers, his sight slipped towards it. A momentary lapse of stillness, a slight curl at the edge of his lips.

"Don't beat around the bush. What do you want?" He'd turn back to her abruptly, arm crossing his chest. "Our 'training' hasn't been your worry for decades."

186 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:35 pm

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - here

Psssssh! Always etiquette this and etiquette that with the Kurata's, not that she wasn't used to it by now but she'd hoped that at least this once he'd forgo all the formalities. sigh. She couldn't exactly argue against it however, she understood how important it was for the nobles to at least maintain some sense of self importance. "Father? Unwell?" She wondered aloud, before muttering under her breath "good."

However, Hitoshi was a smart one and in spite of her words and attempt at subterfuge he saw through it. "Come now Hitoshi, can't your big sis start taking an interest?..." However despite her words and smirk, her demeanor did change to a more somber one and her hand, that was reaching for the sake again, retreated back. She took a few moments to stare down at the saucer before her before she spoke again. "Truth be told... I'm worried. The anomaly in Africa and Ichigo's attack... It's beyond concerning."

She set the saucer down before lifting her Zanpakuto, sheath and all, and setting it in front of the saucer. "A well guarded secret, but Hakaishin rarely speaks to me. He's always been like this, but his silence is growing... longer. The entire reason I got my Bankai in the first place was to ensure I could protect you... yet now you're more than capable of protecting yourself." She let out a soft sigh as her eyes closed.

"I can't help but feel I'm missing something about Hakaishin, when he first gave me access to my Shikai it was barely useable beyond a few seconds, and though it has grown more potent my Bankai has not. It remains at the same stage that it was at when first I attained it, almost in spite of my training. Now with these growing threats becoming more active, I find myself growing more desperate in futility to try and understand why."

Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 02, 2023 7:45 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

"There is no reason you have for taking notice that we could regard in good faith." Hitoshi remained idle, his voice echoing to the bored droll that was ever present. "Although, the acts of Kurosaki are not surprising."

If there weren't many things Hitoshi remembered, the attack of the Ryoka on Soul Society was one of the brightest memories. The idea of wanting to save some half-reject adoptee at risk of the entire Gotei? If they hadn't succeeded, it'd be the best produced tragedy we've seen. They had succeeded - the following betrayal of Captain Sosuke being an incredibly hot topic around their home for the time.

"He shows up. Wrecks things to 'save' someone. Then runs off for another fight somewhere." the animosity was apparent, even in his lack of tone. "If you want to bitch about your zanpakuto, you'd almost be off better doing just that. But if you try anything that could come back on the family negatively, we will personally see you rot." A sigh escaped him, much as the resentment he had to some of his sister's more - erratic, actions.

Name-dropping your zanpakuto too, now? Half-rate...

"The hollow pits. Filthy with common blood as they are, could be a useful tool." A shred of genuine advice escaping him.

212 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 05, 2023 11:01 am

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - Post-Modern Family

Hitoshi's disdain for Kurosaki was apparent without him needing to speak on it, though truth be told Shura felt similarly as Hitoshi did though probably for different reasons. Ichigo's strength wasn't his own, he only gained it because of Rukia's incompetence. Strength that is another's isn't true strength, and it wasn't something that made you worthy of being a Shinigami let alone wielding a Zanpakuto.

However his next comments caused her to slam her fist onto the table "Dammit Hitoshi! I'm not here to bitch, you of all people should know that ain't something I do, let alone doing something that would reflect poorly on the family! Especially now!" She growled with annoyance, of all the people she knew Hitoshi was the one person she thought would understand her the best.

However the comments about the hollow pit made her rub her forehead slightly "Well besides the fact they dismantled the Hollow Pits, at least to my knowledge, over 100 years ago, I don't think I'd get permission to just go to Hueco Mundo. Hell even the hole that has opened up I probably couldn't just get permission to go to. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but with the family name and all I can't exactly just leave of my own accord."

Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

The man shrugged in indignance, his gaze shifting from Shura to follow random passerby as they made their way through the rukongai.

"Then find a way to one-hundred years ago. We don't have any resources for combat that can be utilized." The quiet part echoing in thought; Publicly.

"You know this. We thought that was the point of your infatuation with the Gotei. If not, what use is it? You have your zanpakuto. Frankly, that is all you need if you want to learn more of it. Don't ask of us, of ME," Hitoshi's gaze snapping back to Shura, all but putting the finger to his lips, "what you can achieve with something only you know." A sigh almost escaped him, composure shifting before it returned in force.

"The family will, of course, supply you with what it can. You are its first daughter. But there are limits to what can be provided."

153 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 05, 2023 7:40 pm

Shura let out a sigh of her own as Hitoshi responded, sometimes it truly was frustrating to talk to Hitoshi, even if he wasn't entirely wrong. Then again what more could she have expected from him? "Don't you think I've tried talking with it? I've asked it every question I can think of to illicit any response and it's simply silent. It's there, listening, I know it is... I know it can hear me... but it's choosing to not respond, Hitoshi."

Frankly part of her was at its wits end with Hakaishin. "As for the Gotei, I've tried everything they tell a Shinigami to do to communicate, but none of it works with my Zanpakuto. They've helped me get this far yes, but nothing they say helps in regards to him. That is why I ask you, Hitoshi, because the Gotei can't help me here. You are the reason I have my bankai in the first place." Shura pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 05, 2023 8:02 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

"Perhaps we are not being clear enough." Hitoshi's voice still calm, eyes widening as he leaned forwards, focused on Shura. "We know nothing, beyond conventional teachings, of a zanpakuto. Ours sits above a mantel, a symbol more than anything."

The public facing lie Hitoshi had made for pretty much every situation - that he had never succeeded in bonding with the blade. The other remarks of his skills at the Shin'o academy had made it easy enough, coming to end with few people who knew he even possessed a shikai, fewer still who knew he carried it with him. They numbered precisely on one hand: Himself, Father, and Shura. Something he very much intended to keep.

"If we hear of anything, you will be the first to know." Hitoshi settled back into his seat, slowly exhaling, gaze returning to vague disinterest. "Have a drink. Calm your nerves, dear sister."

148 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 05, 2023 8:18 pm

Shura let out a soft sigh, right... of course. She knew that, if nothing else, Hitoshi did not lie... at least not to her. She took a moment to calm herself before reaching for the Sake once more and pouring another saucer for herself and Hitoshi. However this time her drink was slower than prior. "So how have you been, Brother? and how has... he been?"

There was, of course, only one person she could be referring too when it came to the two of them, and that was their Father. It was hardly a secret, especially within the Kurata family, that she bore little good will towards their Father and what good will did exist was largely because of Hitoshi. Even so, he was still their father and she liked to at least keep a vague sense of caring for him even if she couldn't truly care less for the man.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum