Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue24000/10000I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (24000/10000)
Tiers:

I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 Empty Re: I Could Never [Aiden, Sam]

Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:56 am

Just a Boy

Aidan's ears picked up on the sound of... something, somewhere, in the direction of Sam, but he held his tongue out of sheer politeness despite his curiosity. "I do, yeah." He said while he occupied himself with a variety of tasks. "I got my ass saved just the other day by a lady. Hollow chased me around the outskirts where there's no protection. I have a friend out there so I was visiting, but I got caught on my way back. I got lucky and a quincy saved me, I brought her back here for some food to at least give some thanks, and we talked for a while."

Aidan throwing the occasional look over his shoulder to make sure Sam knew he was still paying attention, and to gauge her reactions to her food. He was good at his job after doing this for a while now, but there was always room for improvement. "I've been curious ever since. Even knowing there's just detectives for that kind of thing... The world's a lot bigger than I thought, you know? Can't help but be curious now that I've sort of seen and heard more than what you'd hear on the news or the internet or anything." And it wasn't like they didn't learn about this stuff in school, but there weren't really that level of demonstration of power, nor about what it was, or if people like him could tap into it like that. One could hope. "So I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions. It's just... cool, you know? Can't help myself."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 Empty Re: I Could Never [Aiden, Sam]

Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:40 am
I Could Never [Aiden, Sam] - Page 2 HEADER_Fo6rvhCakAAjLtd

Samantha nodded along as she listened to the story offered by the young man. Certainly it wasn't an uncommon story. One's guard could easily get low when you lived in such a place safe as karakura. Honestly one of the reasons she tried to avoid the place. You got complacent, and then as soon as you stepped out, the world hit you in the face. Seemed this fellow had a similar experience. But unlike many, the experience seemed to have sparked curiosity rather than a sudden need to turtle up. He was curious, a good sign in her line of work, but it might be a bit questionable if that was something that was good or bad for this young man. Especially without anything she could sense within him. She could usually get a feel for people's soul. It was part of SNAP training. She didn't feel much from him. He might have been more aware, certainly enough to see spirits, but that was commonplace now. Still.

"That right? Of course it can be a bit surprising to get hit with that reality. Especially the way it did to you. Some people prefer to shut all of that out. If they can hide from it, it won't exist to them. But, individuals such as you and me, can't help but look into things. I was a lot like you when I was younger." She noted softly, gently reaching down and running her finger over the center of her plate. Drawing a small sigil which caused a very subtle glow. It wasn't a proper spell, honestly more like a cantrip. But it was a little display, and after a few seconds the sigil vanished as the energy returned to her. As if to assure the young man he wouldn't have to worry about having to scrub it off.

"That's why I have my job. A lot of people are too afraid, or honestly just not prepared to handle the spiritual side of things. Someone important to them vanishes, or something happens they don't understand. Maybe some hollow with a bad streak does something that changes themforever and they don't know what happened. That's where I come in. I find out what happened, and I reduce it down to something they can digest. It's not always a pretty process. But it's what people want." She explained, closing her eyes as she savored the last few bites of her ramen, now honestly reduced to just the broth by this point. She was a pretty fast eater.

"Just be careful. The more exposure you face, the higher the chance it'll rub off on you. And if you're not prepared, or conscious enough. Something might wake up inside you, and it can be rough if it happens when you aren't expecting it." She pointed out, looking him in the eye as she spoke.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum