Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Left_bar_bleue0/031 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss)

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:33 am
31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) UmFgHNH
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

A letter was sent before hand, but Elyss' in a hurry, so she's already at the front gates around the time the man should have received her request. She asked for one thing, and that be his presence brought immediately to the front of his home. Maybe she's out of order to make such demands, but out of everyone she knows, who better than an actual hitman? Either way, she's found herself lost in nothing less but deep thought lately, asking herself questions about her role in life. There's a lot of people she could be talking to right now, but it's been a while since she's seen this man in particular. His expertise on the subject might just bring her clarity on exactly she should aim for in her training. Besides, no one knows better about protecting something important than a father.

END POST | Red

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Left_bar_bleue16000/131 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty Re: To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss)

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:47 am
31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) C7Mz3ZQ
ROMAN DUFRESNE | PROUD GRANDFATHER

These days, Roman was perfectly content to spend his time peacefully, the way any grandfather would want to. He had no true right to be called that, of course, but Abalia seemed to encourage it among the children, and he was perfectly content in that. However, when he received a request for his presence, he wasn't one to waste any time. The children were with their mother, so it was only Roman himself at the gate to the Kyoraku estate, dressed neatly and professionally as he greeted the visitor in question.

"Afternoon."

He wasn't much of a talker, but years alone on the road would do that to anyone. Besides, Roman was many things, but a mind reader wasn't one of them. Whatever was on her mind, he assumed she'd lay it out.

END POST | THE DAD WHO STEPPED UP
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Left_bar_bleue0/031 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty Re: To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss)

Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:18 pm
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

Elyss spared the man a quick glance. Neat. Proper. Hmph. She flicked her eyes away before walking. They both share the inability to converse, but Elyss won't waste his time like that. After leaving from his home, she'd open her mouth to relay her thoughts.

"Afternoon, handsome. I almost feel bad for this, but I need your help."

Walking through the Rukongai, Elyss gave no one the time of day, keeping Roman and herself directed towards a certain area. They'd quickly get to the outskirts, and even beyond that, as they reached a field of flowers and grass, the sun beating down from above.

Elyss focused on their surroundings, remembering every time she's been in this very field. It makes sense she'd come here to find yet another revelation, but it'd be improper to leave her company waiting any longer.

So she turned to him, her eyes beads of lost focus.

"I've brought you here to kill me."

END POST | Red

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
31 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Left_bar_bleue16000/131 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Roman/Elyss) Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:35 pm

"How familiar."

Roman studied the woman a while longer, hand already on the guns he carried with him. Anything he might have been thinking about this matter was hidden behind the plain, cold expression that he wore.

"Abalia wouldn't be too happy with me. I've killed a lot of people for her sake, so I can't say I'd kill someone she likes."

And yet, Roman didn't turn away, didn't make to leave. His hand didn't even leave the gun at his hip, as if he were ready for her to try something at any moment. He had to imagine there was more to this than some simple suicide request.

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:26 pm
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

"Don't worry. I won't die," She stated without missing a beat. Her eyes said enough. No matter any of his attempts, she'll be fine, but this situation is beyond just life and death. What Elyss wants here is something only achieved when your life is on the line.

"Hold back-"

With a minute twitch of her eye, she's already on him, fist raised.

"And I'll make you regret not dying the day we met."

END POST | Red

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:47 pm

It may have displeased Abalia to kill a friend of hers, but Roman would far sooner kill Elyss before he was removed from her life, before he was taken from his place protecting her children. The moment Elyss had moved to attack him, Roman had already drawn his gun, pulling the trigger without a single moment of hesitation. As he did so, the world seemed to shatter, the breaking of glass ringing through the air as golden lines spiderwebbed through the air like cracked pottery from the barrel of his gun.

His eyes had grown cold, but not empty. There was a cutting sharpness to them as he watched his opponent, fully prepared for a continued attack from her. He knew perfectly well that she was taking this entire bout seriously. It wasn't simply from their prior conversation. Roman recognized the eyes of someone fully committed to their aims.

So, he would do the same. If she wished to push him to kill, then he would kill. That was how he had always operated.

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:12 pm
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

If a gun could think, what would be going through its head when someone pulls its trigger? Why are Shinigami blessed with living weapons? In a world of bonds, what purpose does a weapon have? Is it to protect or to destroy? To cherish life or to cause it to perish?

Elyss had always wondered the reason for her violent outbursts, but that answer still evades her. She values herself as a savior, but who has she saved in her life? Who has she hurt? Why? What was the gain of it? Almost like her body couldn't help but respond to her ragged thoughts, her fist tightened, her eyes watching the flash of Roman's gun, staring directly at what'd be death for anyone else.

She dodged.

Stopping mid-attack, she forced her body to the side, the bullet barely grazing her scalp, hair singed. Why did she dodge? What was that? Like a sail without wind, she deflated before the man who had so easily granted her death. Almost traumatized, she rose her hand up and stared down at her hand, noticing something frightening. She's shaking?! Why...

"Why did you shoot me, Roman?" She then asked, wondering where his thoughts had gone to at that very moment.

The ring of the bullet left her ears ringing, the heat of it a minute burn to her head. Red eyes, widened with inexperienced shock and awe.

"How do you... kill so easily?"

END POST | Red

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:25 am

"Because if I died, I wouldn't be able to protect Abalia anymore. Protecting her, and her family, is what matters to me more than anything else. I don't like the idea of killing you. But your ideals, the people you love, take precedence over things like morals."

His hand was still on his gun, unwavering as he stared down Elyss. He was a man of conviction, a man who'd given up everything and become a criminal for the sake of the girl he saw as his own daughter. That hadn't changed, and it would never change. To Roman, it simply wasn't worth clinging to thinks like that.

"After a while, you grow numb to it. Not because it's easier, or because it's suddenly 'okay,' but because you know the only other path just isn't an option."

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:14 pm
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

"...That so?" Elyss pondered, eyes vacant for a second as her thoughts raced.

What did it take before he started pulling the trigger? Is all the blood on his hands worth her? He makes it sound like killing is hard, but he's able to pull the trigger like second nature. It's hard to not see the eerie gloom of Tenmarin, the Zanpakuto's shadow ever looming like a constant reminder of what it means to fight.

'I am a weapon after all...'

Words echoing through Elyss' mind, Tenmarin's words reminding her of what has to be done. Killing Tenmarin only solved one problem, but Elyss' still faced with so many more. However, guess there's one less thing holding her back now. Destroying a monster doesn't mean she's safe because Tenmarin was right.

"I see..." Elyss started, taking a deep breath. "I want to do the same. I want to protect Abalia, my friends, and you, Roman. I've always hated killing, but I don't want to watch the people I swore to protect die because I couldn't do what I had to do."

Elyss has her moments of weakness, but she's always bounced back. The chaos of Africa had scared her, made her realize how useless she actually is. She felt it stir in her again then, that want to kill everything that's in her way. It had scared her too. She found herself feeling like Tenmarin had taken control of her body again, a rage she hasn't felt in a while stirring. She didn't want to become a monster again, but...

Maybe that's what she needs to be to what she has to do.

"Let's continue, Roman. Like I said, I won't be satisfied until you've killed me at least 100 times. I wanna learn a bit more about you."

END POST | Red

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:38 am

"I hate killing too."

She told him to continue, and he knew that she'd come at him whether or not he agreed. Without any hesitation, Roman once again fired toward Elyss, the golden energy splintering out once again as it seemed to break through the world itself to reach Elyss. This was what she wanted, he had no intention of denying her that. But he was willing to chat, at least.

"When I was a kid, I wanted to be a hero. Save people, all that. I planned to join the fire department right out of school and everything. But that didn't quite work out, so I started traveling, picked up a few things."

He pulled the trigger again, every shot still genuine and filled with the intent to kill.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum