Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  Empty Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]

Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:39 am
Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  CMjCIgX

THE BUTCHER'S SON

The old family hall stretched no extravagant distance, the floor treated with years of dutiful resin reflecting flickering light from sconces tucked in each wall. Down the center, a narrow rug split the room in two, bearing a pattern of the Kurata family crest; embossed with dark fabric into a pristine white. At one end, the doors, the other a table. Carved from a singular piece of wood, even looking at it feels heavy.

In spite of the décor, the air was filled with concern and fear. At the center of the table, the family's head sat. A large man by any definition, the skin of his face hung oddly loose, thinning hair on a once luscious scalp showing blemishes that seemed to multiply by the day. Strong eyes had sunk into his skull, deep bags carving into what was left of his face. Pained breathing accompanied the otherwise still, and silent hall.

To his right sat his first born, Shura. To his left sat his second, Hitoshi. The remaining family and servants lined either side of the rug, their eyes turned to face the family.

Finally, the silence would break with a cough. Originally an attempt to clear his throat, the Butcher curled in pain, clenching his chest for a moment before recovering. With weariness overtaking him, he spoke capably, the strength having yet to leave his voice.

"Today, we have gathered as a family. Those who are not here by blood, you have gathered for your loyalty. And for this, the Kurata are ever grateful. There will be no sugar coating this, not that I have much more to hide."

His features trembled for a moment, before settling into determination.

"Effective immediately, I will be appointing a temporary head of the family, while I take time to recuperate. If the worst should come to pass, this temporary head will be instated fully, to lead you all forward in my... Absence." The man paused, gaze travelling across the room. Evident sorrow amongst wet eyes, bowed heads in reverence; if he knew he wasn't dying, the Butcher would feel honored. Standing, his voice rose in volume, hands firm against the table's surface.

"Until my return, or the lack thereof, it is appointed that my son, Kurata Hitoshi, will take due responsibility for the family and its legacy."

The porcelain man was still, emerald gaze affixed to the gathered folk. You would be missed, father. Pathetic, isn't it? That your son never loved you.

The Butcher's hand turned to Hitoshi's shoulder, the slender figure rising to grab his father's shoulder in tandem. Their eyes would lock, a thousand thoughts running through either's head. Moments passed, as father and son stared at one another.

An impossible moment of kindness, as Hitoshi smiled - hugging his father.

464 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]  Empty Re: Gravestone Named Ideals [Kurata]

Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:45 am

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - Soundscape to Ardor

The family home... Shura had few fond memories within these hallowed halls, it was part of the reason she rarely visited these days. Of everyone that resided here, save for a handful of servants, Hitoshi and Mother were her only reasons for coming. Even the scarce few servants she did enjoy the company of she rarely spoke too for any number of reasons, not least of which was because of her Father. But today was a different type of day, her presence was requested this time. Rare was the day that she visited, rarer was the day she was her presence requested.

The air was thick with anticipation as they awaited the Head of the Kurata Family to speak, Shura herself sat with her arms folded together, eyes closed and head down with silent abjection. When the silence was finally broken by what seemed to be a coughing fit, her eyes opened and head turned towards their Father, though she did not move to assist him in any way.

In truth, she had hoped he wouldn't recover... but alas he did, and went on to begin speaking. While his words did not come to her as any amount of surprise, they still gave her an amount of pain in her chest. It wasn't that she had appointed Hitoshi as his successor, it was the casualness of his statement. Part of her had hoped he would at least acknowledge her, but of course she knew that was likely too much to ask for from her Father. So instead she simply gave a few slow claps once he'd finished speaking.

'And with any luck... you won't return.' She thought to herself, there would be so many ways this could end up true... several of which flashed in her mind, though none of them were ways she was likely to have. Their rather... abysmal relationship would likely make her the first suspect. However Hitoshi had warned her of his failing health before, so even despite that she wouldn't be the one to do it... it was more likely than not that Hitoshi was now the new permanent Head of the Kurata.

"I'm sure Hitoshi will be everything we could want from the Head of the House and more." She finally spoke up when her clapping stopped, though never once had her gaze turned towards them, remaining downcast and away from everyone.

made by RR of DD, steal and i will sentence you to the true death!
Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:13 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

Knuckles too large for their fingers brushed through Hitoshi's hair, his father's strength still palpable as he was pushed into the elder's chest. Words were whispered, in the moment. From father to son, from past to future. A pale hand tapped on the Butcher's back, the muscle underneath still pushing through in dedication. Good that it never came to a fight.

The moment would pass, and the Butcher would turn back to the table. To his side, he placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder. Fingers tightened, a grip that might've once hurt now gentle in his fragility. "And you will support him, when the time comes."

Firm, quiet. The hint of fatherly love underneath the words, but not enough to tell if Shura wasn't looking for it.

"For now, you may all return to your quarters, or whatever duty I might have pulled you from. Hitoshi has assured me there will be a celebration later, when the construction has finished on the former storage hall." A final, beaming smile from the Butcher, as a nurse rapidly approached from behind. Turning, he'd loop his arm with hers, an old saying spilling from his lips.

"Remember, there is always a deal to be made."

Hitoshi watched his father shuffle away, his face having reset itself. The last of the gathered onlookers shuffled out quietly as he returned to his seat, gaze turning to his sister.

"Go ahead." He'd nod in her direction, tongue blunt as iron. "Say your piece. No one to hear it but us."

255 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:33 pm

She felt the hand against her shoulder, one that before might've frightened her... and perhaps to some extent still did. However she was no longer a meek child serving under him, she was a strong warrior of the Gotei, apart of an elite division filled with others just as capable if not moreso than her. In his frail and old age, she knew that at least physically, he could do nothing to hurt her.

His words both did and did not ring hollow in her ears, anyone present could've made the assumption she would support Hitoshi. Of the whole of Soul Society, there wasn't a single person more important to Shura than her Brother, even if few knew the inciting incident that led to it. Some had made accurate assumptions that it was his birth that changed her, others had wild conspiracies that held only a small amount of weight to them based off of her past and nothing more.

Though she could tell there was more to his grasp, she made no acknowledgement of it to the present public. Nor did she respond to her Fathers words, not even so much as a nod to him as he was carried off and the rest in attendance made themselves scarce. When all save for the siblings had left, Hitoshi spoke to her as blunt as ever and Shura paused for several moments before speaking.

"It is unsurprising that he chose you, nobody could claim to have not seen such a decision coming. Not that I'd be a prime candidate for something like it anyway, never did have the drive to sit around bureaucrats and make small talk." She began softly, her arms folding together "Alas he will soon be gone from this world it seems, gone and forgotten to the annals of time and history, and you shall lead the family in what I can only imagine to be to a bright new future filled with petting kittens and holding charities." The last bit was rather clearly sarcasm as was evident from the smirk on her face.

"Tell me, Brother, what are your plans for the future?"

Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:37 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

"We don't have enough time in the world for you to know everything." Reaching into his kimono, gripping the handle of Sanzukiko. As he drew the zanpakuto out, it took the form of his parasol, opening as Hitoshi slid it back onto his shoulder.

"The near future, we are assured should proceed cleanly. While some personalities are more difficult to maneuver than anticipated, rallying the commoners for support should be more than doable." His eyes slid back into the shadow, a position of comfort. "In it's immediate fallout, the possibilities are far less sure. There are actions in place to make that change."

A slow blink, emerald flashing against the hall's light.

"Have you ever known me to commit where failure lays its head?"

124 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:51 pm

Not enough time, huh? That alone said quite a lot about Hitoshi's plans if even a Shinigami's lifespan was not sufficient to detail them all, ever the mysterious one to Shura he was. One thing Shura prided herself on was the ability to determine what someone was aiming for, but Hitoshi? He was ever the one that she couldn't read, though she was sure he intended for it to be that way. Even so it wasn't as if she distrusted him, never once had he led her astray or disrupted her goals. It was why she always went to him for advice... even if he didn't always give her advice that was helpful... it was at least not harmful.

"Rallying the commoners eh?" Those words alone gave her reason to pause, for what purpose were the commoners needed? Would Hitoshi even tell her if she asked? His next words however were the true reason that gave her pause, 'immediate fallout'? Whatever it was that Hitoshi was planning, Shura knew for certain it was something that didn't involve the typical family business.

"Hitoshi... the day I see you and failure lay side-by-side is the day my Bankai is destroyed and my Zanpakuto forever lost to me." If Hitoshi's first words said a lot, for anyone who knew Shura her own words just now said even more... After all, Hitoshi was the entire reason she had a Bankai in the first place. "Talk of fallouts... of rallying the commoners... What're you up to Brother? Speak plain your intentions for my sake... I know a battlefield when I smell one, and your words wreak of bloodshed."

Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:47 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

Hitoshi sat in the silence, comfortable for a time. His eyes staying still, staring speechlessly at his sister. There was some wisdom in what she said, although he had taken some measure to consider it already. Hearing it aloud did change the perspective, although perhaps not in the way Shura might've intended. Before she could comment on his lack of response, Hitoshi began to speak; a slow blink preceding his words.

"People are a resource like any other. We are surrounded, inundated with the idea that they have free will, desires, ambition. But when you show them coin? When blood is on their hands? They all act much the same. Bought, threatened, fearful. An abundance of resources that so many are too blind to acknowledge because they lack the means to control them. Because they, like the others, lack the will. As nobility, it is our duty to will. Our peers recognize it as charity, some way of correcting the supposed wrong inflicted on the Rukongai for centuries."

Air hissed from between his teeth as Hitoshi appeared to decompress, a determination and pride filling his words uncharacteristically. "But it is my will that guides their hands. So that in the future, when the blades are drawn, they point where I need."

A moment later, the shift in tone dissapeared, still as he ever was. "To return nobility to what it should be, and not as it is."

237 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:51 pm

Ah... So that was it was it? To say that Hitoshi was manipulative as their Father would be like saying Heaven and Earth were the same, even their Father wouldn't be able to do something so... well truth be told Shura didn't know the right word for it. It wasn't brash per say, but it was similar in idea. It also wasn't exactly all that different from how Shura viewed others inside of a training arena, a resource to be used to hone not only herself but to have others around her that could be used when needed to achieve her goal of becoming stronger... of becoming worthy.

It was... strange now that she thought about it, how very similar their ideologies were and yet at the exact same time how very different they were. "I... see..." She muttered softly, it gave her yet more reason to pause and reflect. She always knew that this nobility thing was important to Hitoshi, it was one of the primary reasons she had intentionally ensured she never killed anyone during training. "Perhaps it is not that they lack the means to control them, but rather they lack the understanding that they can control them. It's strange to think of how similar and different our ideologies are to each other, You would rule the commoners through coercion and manipulation of their wants and desires... Whilst I would unknowingly seek to rule the so-called Shinigami through physical might and intimidation."

Shura stopped to take a few moments to reflect before she would speak again "You know better than most my disinterest in the titles and so-called positions of power. I believe in more practical things that can be easily displayed, such as ones strength like those of Zaraki Kenpachi, rather than the imaginary such as being called Captain or Captain-Commander. So I wonder Brother, What is it you believe that you believe Nobility should be? As Soul Societies saviors, or as their rulers? To set its citizens 'free', or to subjugate them to the whim of Nobility?"

Snake
Snake
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:03 pm

THE BUTCHER'S SON

"Intimidation has its place. Violence, one must be far more careful." Hitoshi interjected, knowing full well the scope of his sister's own delusions. A view unfit for civilized society, but a tool like any other. Best contained. Still, he gave some thought to her words; emerald eyes still, windows to nothing.

"There is a gravestone named ideals, Shura. Underneath it lies generation after generation of those who could not accept reality. That strength could not change more than word, that, after all, the pen is mightier than a sword. Many of them lived long. Many of them died young. But neither was content, at peace." Not that Hitoshi could particularly claim either himself; but his composure never gave truth to such rumors.

"What matters to the citizens of the Rukongai is simple: That they live comfortable, long lives. Where it comes from, who they answer to, are all second factors. Valor, in that way, is easily taken." Slowly blinking, Hitoshi pulled himself upward, standing with a practiced smoothness.

"Do not scorn your own future, sister. There is no merit in dying for something that cannot be, not in this world."

190 words

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:35 pm

Hitoshi's interjections weren't surprising, nor were they necessarily unwarranted. That being said his follow-up statement wasn't one that sat particularly well with Shura, that the pen was mightier than the sword. It was a statement she was aware of and, to this day, had yet to find a single example of in her life that proved it to be true. To her, the sword was mightier than all. It was what gave the Shinigami their power, it was how they defended the humans who could not defend themselves, how their enemies struck at them time and again, and most importantly for Shura... it was the only thing in her life that gave her purpose.

For without her sword, what was she? Who was she? Without her sword, she was naught more than the forgotten, discarded Rukongai-born daughter of a wealthy nobleman. The pen had never given her anything more than trouble. "You claim the pen to be mightier than the sword Brother, that strength can change naught more than words. Yet is the pen not that which writes those words the sword changes? Perhaps for humans the pen is mightier than the sword, however for us, for Shinigami, the sword is everything. Without our swords, most are powerless to do anything save grovel at the feet of those with one. Few are there that can perform feats on par with those who have a sword, and fewer still that can perform feats of greater value."

At the mention of the Rukongai her face visibly shrank, even her body slightly lowered in the seat she was still in. She didn't have a death wish of that she was certain, yet at the same time she had no qualms with dying in battle to stop whatever foe she was facing. There was only one thing outside of battle that ever made her feel something desirable. However despite her desire to respond to her brother, she found herself at a loss for words here.

She didn't necessarily scorn her future... but at the same time she'd always found it difficult to see a future for herself. Her whole life had been just a journey from one battle to the next, always moving towards the next conflict no matter what it was, and relishing in the thrill of the hunt. However she had found some words to finally respond to her Brother with "I heard a saying once, the mark of a Warrior wasn't in how they live, but in how they die. Father was... is no warrior. His death will be meaningless no matter how it comes. But what of me? My whole life has been as a warrior, fighting from one battle to the next and almost entirely without purpose or direction. When you were born, I was given but a single direction... a single purpose, to protect you no matter the cost."

This, of course, likely was hardly news to Hitoshi... However that wasn't the purpose of the statement, rather it was what came next that was "Death cannot claim me until my protection is no longer needed. Acknowledgement from anyone else matters not, the strength of any around matters not, not even your own. Know this Brother, until there is nothing and no one left that could harm you, death cannot claim me. Hakaishin will not allow it."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum