Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Left_bar_bleue16000/1Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]

Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:23 am
Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  AIh4eDX
CLAUDIA DUVALIER

Ah, wasn't this lovely? Everything she'd planned was now in place, every purchase made and all of the necessary research finished. Now...it was simply a matter of waiting, and Claudia was nothing if not a patient woman. Stepping into the luxurious ballroom of the Castello Aragonese, her castle on the sea, the Queen of Carrington gazed around at those guests who had already come to her charity gala. Such an outstanding social event, intended for the well-being of others, would surely bring forward any number of important individuals from across the realms. After all, who could imagine refusing to help such a charitable cause?

Ah, but things had just begun, and many of the guests were still arriving for their stay. Accommodations were nothing short of exquisite, after all, and between adjusting to such high society and working with security, she was not surprised to see that only a few guests had already begun to socialize.

"Bonjour à tous! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. Please, make the most of these four days here at my home."

Ingratiating oneself with others was simply a matter of making yourself necessary, to be certain, but Claudia had long since mastered the art of making herself well-liked, as well.

END POST | THE QUEEN OF CARRINGTON

Last edited by Rawk on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Left_bar_bleue7380/100Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty Re: Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]

Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:03 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Even if her position hadn't demanded her appearance, Calliope wouldn't miss this for the world. She had to give a good show to the important people outside of the Vandenreich. One of those happened to be Claudia Duvalier. Although they had never met, Calliope had interactions with the Duvalier Group—specifically a subsidiary—back during her DARPA days. Ah, how good those days were.

Calliope arrived alongside, but not with, the rest of the Vandenreich ensemble. She had insisted that at least some of the group arrive separate if only for security purposes. She was busy diverting funds for the PR campaign else there would have been a third, empty transport that was meant as a decoy. But money was tight right now, and she had other concerns. Right now, it was making a good impression on the Duvalier Group.

"I'm not quite sure if my predecessor would have come, so I am glad that I wasn't forgotten." Calliope's small giggle was perhaps uncouth for higher-society, but that wasn't exactly her concern right now. "You do have such a magnificent... Well, I'd call it a house but that's like calling a yacht a rowboat. I'm the recently-appointed Director of the Albedochiffren of the Vandenreich, Calliope Schwarzmann. It's a pleasure to finally meet the person in charge of such a success story as the Duvalier Group."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Left_bar_bleue16000/1Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty Re: Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]

Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:09 am
CLAUDIA DUVALIER

Of course, Claudia knew quite well who this was. The goings on in the City of Lights were always something she was very aware of for business reasons, and on account of the role the Albedochiffren played in their arrangement, she had already familiarized herself with the change in leadership. Frankly, it was all the same to her either way.

"Ah, a pleasure, Ms. Schwarzmann. I'm quite pleased to finally meet you, given the importance of our working relationship. The Castello is certainly a lovely place, so I'm more than honored that the Italian government has let me make it into a home. It was in rather poor state before I came, so I suppose it's a mutually beneficial arrangement."

Not that Claudia really cared about that, nor was it even especially true. Italy was, by and large, squarely in her pocket, and it had taken little more than a formal request for purchase to get this place into her ownership. She did like it, though especially seeing as her old home in Vastime was gone. At least the handful of items she had some fondness for had been secured.

"I hope everything here proves to your liking. I have quite a bit planned for these four days, and I would hate to disappoint anyone who's been so generous as to give to this cause."

It was a charity gala, after all, and Claudia was all too willing to reinforce that fact. It didn't bother her that she was seeing not a penny from this; on the contrary, she was donating no small amount of her own money on top of everything they raised here. It made her look that much more above ground, reinforced her image further.

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Left_bar_bleue7380/100Life Without Worry [Claudia, Calliope] [Duvalier Gala]  Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:02 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

"If something does disappoint, I'll be sure to leave a Yelp review." Calliope didn't quite realize how old that joke made her seem. In many ways, Calliope was a social remnant of a bygone era that had been forced to adapt and overcome. She also was not quite used to this high of a level of, well, high society. Oh yes, she could mingle and politick with other department heads within her old agency and beyond, but this? This was C-suite-level politicking. "I think it's wonderful that you took time out of your busy schedule to host such an event. Though, perhaps once you reach a certain level of prestige within an organization, taking a step back and doing something magnanimous is the best course."

"It is a terrible shame that you felt the need to host this event. It's been quite a hectic time getting settled in to a new office and having to wrangle the fallout from the recent incidents." Calliope grabbed a flute of champagne from a passing busboy. "Your group had significant holdings in Vastime, no? I hope you haven't suffered much due to the recent incidents there."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:44 am
CLAUDIA DUVALIER

Claudia couldn't help but feel as though she were being needled, tested in this little conversation, though perhaps it was just new blood out of its league. Regardless, she took it all effortlessly in stride, always maintaining the air of the courteous philanthropist. It was, after all, an image she had cultivated for years.

"I wouldn't ever think to do anything else. It's one thing to give my own money to the cause, and of course I have every intention of continuing to support relief efforts for as long as necessary. But raising awareness of the issue, and bringing others into the matter to help as well, is a far better use of my time than simply signing checks."

Of course it was. Socializing, ingratiating herself with others, was the greatest strength Claudia had ever cultivated as a businesswoman. It was the only reason the Duvalier Group had become everything that it was.

"We did lose holdings, yes, though I suppose some would say it's fortunate that I had already begun relocating much of my work here to Italy. 'Fortunate,' though, hardly feels fitting for anything surrounding what's happened."

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:22 am

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Calliope enjoyed talking to someone who wasn't as droll as the normal politicians she dealt with. At the same time, she was also glad that Claudia wasn't a verbal hammer. It was as refreshing as the fine weather here in Italy. And just as closely-carved was the marble of the manor, she was watching her words. She still hadn't finished processing all of the intelligence about the Duvalier Group, and giving away what she did know would be ill-advised.

"Very true." She nodded. "The events in Africa have been tragic for nearly all involved." Truly, the losers in Africa were the native population once again. Yes, the Gotei and Vandenreich had been forced back, but they still had a home to return to. The surviving Vastimian natives? Nothing. "Thankfully, we have both your Group and the Vandenreich to provide relief from the beginning—unlike in World War IV. I think that's going to help prevent... heroic vigilantism."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:31 am
CLAUDIA DUVALIER

"Ah, how very true. People do always seem to think it's a good idea to play the hero, don't they? I prefer leaving things in the hands of those I can trust to be ethical and reliable."

That much was true. Not because Claudia actually agreed with the ethics one way or another, of course, for ethics were all arbitrary to someone like her. No, it was simply easier to handle people who thought they were doing the right thing. Then again, Claudia had worked with the Vandenreich enough by now to know not all of them were quite so...altruistic.

"Do let me know what the Duvalier Group can supply, of course. No expense is too great when it comes to such a tragedy."

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Even with the disturbing rumors about the Duvalier Group, Calliope couldn't help but like talking to Claudia. What was left unsaid and underspoken was that these two were kindred spirits in some ways. The difference was that Claudia had the luxury of the freedom that free market capitalism provided, while Calliope was mired in red tape and bureaucracy. And Calliope would admit that even that had its benefits. She had a much more stable platform in which to experiment. She also had presumed authority and credibility with her projects. They had a certain air of authenticity that only a government agency could provide.

"Same to you. Although I can't speak for our more combat-oriented branches, the Albedochiffren is quite ready and able to help." Calliope quietly threw the other two branches under the bus for that one, and she already expected it to come back and bite her. Her excuse? She mis-spoke, she meant that she couldn't speak on behalf of the other branches. "I can think of one thing..." Calliope placed a finger under her lip as to exaggerate her thinking. "Oh, but I wouldn't want to ruin a fine evening such as this with business talk and deals. It might ruin the atmosphere."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:50 pm
CLAUDIA DUVALIER

If she were a woman capable of such empathy, Claudia might have found Calliope something of a kindred spirit in how she carried herself. Words so well-crafted that a less aware person would simply take them as earnest, but Claudia had no faith in anyone but those firmly under her heel. Even then, 'fatih' was nothing more than the assumption a tool would do its job for a reasonable period of time.

"Think nothing of it. This is an event meant only to provide help to the world, by whatever means I am able. I wouldn't wish to delay any further assistance just for the sake of politeness, would you?"

The air of a philanthropist was one Claudia put on quite well, given her true feelings on everyone she helped. Of course, that was from years of practice, long stretches of selfless acts and generosity meant to create an unbreakable facade. One could perhaps even make the case that Claudia's public face was just as real a person as her true self, a different woman entirely who reared her head only when the malicious side of her discerned that it would be imprudent to show herself.

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:53 am

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

"Well, it's honestly quite a simple request, and I doubt it'll cost any more than a bottle of this fine champagne." Calliope tilted the flute slightly. She'd have to be a bit more upfront on this than she would like, but sometimes the gamble is showing most of your hand. "There are two people that have been avoiding my phone calls—Doctor Sasaki Kojima, and former Executive Director of Operations for the US NRC, Hamilton Burns." The two people named were not someone the average person would know. They were not people a studied person would know. Dr. Kojima was a respected scientist, but his specific specialty in particle physics made him a niche person at best and a one-trick-pony at worst. And the average person didn't know the hierarchy of the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission—let alone the name of someone who was beneath the five Commissioners.

"Both are proving quite hard to reach, and I think access to their expertise and resources will allow for better support for the current incident as well as preparedness for anything in the future. This is the first time since World War IV that anyone outside of the Gotei will be able to get proper readings of both highly dense and highly potent spiritual power. As you are aware, the average person is still affected by these things, and with more of these potent beings appearing both from the Hole and elsewhere... Well, it begs the question of what exactly are the effects. Being put into touch with them would be beneficial to everyone on Earth."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum