Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Left_bar_bleue16000/181 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open]

Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:45 am
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] ZgxKJZO
KOIZUMI SHISHIYUKI | FOUR-DEATH SNOW

Koizumi Shishiyuki, in her thousand years of life, had never once declined a challenge. No, that was an understatement of the truth. Shishiyuki relished every challenge that was issued toward her, but this was not simply a challenge toward her. It was one toward her division, and her own authority as a Vice Captain.

That was why, as she walked into the grounds of the 4th division, she carried the letter they had received from one of this division's seated officers, and recalled what she'd heard from her nephew about the goings-on in the 8th. She had no intention of letting any absurdity like that happen, and so she spoke out in a sharp tone that lacked any amusement or enjoyment. This, after all, was serious.

"It would appear that the 4th has opted to make some claim as to assess my division. I, naturally, will be representing my division for the sake of this apparent assessment, as well as exercising similar authority to assess the 4th. Let us begin."

It was all talk, though. Shishiyuki knew that. That was why she took up her stance, fully offensive with her hands at the ready, and the moment one of the 4th's shinigami thought to come toward her, Shishiyuki whipped a heel toward him, a withering blow fully intent on taking the young man out of commission for a while. It wasn't a killing blow, but frankly, it probably wasn't far removed from one. If he was a member of Combat, he ought to be ready for something like that.

Assessment? Really? Shishiyuki had to stop herself from smiling at the notion.

END POST | SAGE WHO KNOWS TEN THOUSAND WORDS
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Left_bar_bleue0/081 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty Re: Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open]

Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:20 am
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] 4lLEUeU
MACHIHARA MOE | The Bubblegum Oni

"I ain't got a clue what you're talkin' about, but if you're handing out assessments then I'll give you something to mull over."

As loud and bombastic as ever, Moe bounded out from the crowd that was already gathering to face this would-be challenger. She had fought with Vice-Captains before - specifically, the 4th's temporary stand-in vice-captain that once - and it had been a pretty good match, so now was the time to show off the result of all her hard work and effort. Watching Shishiyuki crump that first guy with a single kick hadn't dampened her spirit one bit, and she puffed her chest out with all the pride that she could muster.

"Name's Machihara Moe, if you're taking record, now let's not keep the good people of the Death Division waitin'!"

There was some vague recollection about who this mystery challenger might be that lingered in the back of her mind, the idea that they might be someone worth remembering, but Moe was going to make that decision with her own two fists. It was rude to draw her sword on an opponent who appeared to lack one, after all, so why not brush off some of that academy Hakuda? She stepped forward again, darting low as she shot towards Shishiyuki at a pace that was - in her own mind - blistering, as Moe made to simply barrel into the bigger woman and toss her onto her back.

Something to Prove | END POST

Paradigm likes this post

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Left_bar_bleue16000/181 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty Re: Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open]

Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:40 pm

This one certainly had confidence, didn't she? There was an air about her that reminded Shishiyuki of the Sawachika girl who'd so regularly visited the estate for challenges. Well, it was a welcome attitude, at any rate, one that she was willing to, for now, meet with a more earnestly testing blow rather than simply crushing her underfoot like an ant.

Moe's speed was certainly above average, Shishiyuki would give her that. However, it was far from at the same level as the Koizumi family head's, and as Moe moved to seemingly tackle her, Shishiyuki met the charge with an evasive maneuver from her own catalog of techniques; the Amanogawa Ichitodou, her body shifting only the barest minimum necessary to sidestep the lunge. However, while her avoidance had been subtle, her counterattack would not follow suit. With speed that few could realistically have even attempted to track, Shishiyuki extended only the index and middle fingers on her right hand as spiritual energy began to quickly rotate around them, before she struck with a piercing blow aimed squarely between Moe’s shoulder blades.

Hitsu (秕通, "Chaff Piercer").

The technique was carried by an impressive strike from Shishiyuki’s fingertips, likely enough to leave an impressive mark even without anything else occurring. However, the impact of the blow itself was not the actual intent of the technique. Rather, it was the explosion of energy out from the fingertips, the force of rotation intent on slamming into Moe rather than simply stabbing through her. It was enough, even on impact with Moe, to leave a significant crater in the ground on the other side of her.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Left_bar_bleue0/081 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:52 pm
81 - Tiger-Crane Strike [Shishiyuki, 4th Division Open] 4lLEUeU
MACHIHARA MOE | The Bubblegum Oni

It all happened so fast that, just for a moment, Moe thought her grab had connected. She had that moment of satisfaction followed by the immediate and crushing realisation that her eyes were in fact being deceived. There was not a chance for the diminutive warrior to react to the change before she came under attack, the sudden pressure building above her and blasting down before a cry even managed to escape her lips. The ground cracked beneath her before she even smashed into it, which did at least soften her landing just a little, but Moe was still propelled into the dirt with enough force to blast all the air out of her lungs. Pain shot through her small frame, every bone in her body crying out from the sudden exertion, and the temptation to simply give in to that sensation was great.

But Moe was not a quitter, especially not here, in front of her comrades and close to the watching eyes of her Captain. That pain was turned into fuel, her every effort given to staying conscious, as she sucked desperately for air. To her surprise, that was enough, and she rolled away gingerly before stumbling to her feet. Whoever she was, this woman made her own vice-captain look like a pussycat by comparison. Though maybe she was just not in the business of pulling her punches.

“Ohhh. Kay. Lucky. Shot.”

Hunching over, Moe considered her options. Clearly rushing in wasn’t going to get her anywhere fast, but sitting back was hardly her strongpoint. She needed a plan, and fast, but it was pretty hard to think straight when your head was spinning. She took a step forwards, committed to going on the offensive again, but her body could only operate for so long when she was this far past her limit. The smell of blood finally settled in her nose, and she looked down to see the patter of crimson upon the broken stone beneath her.

“Huh? Wait..”

Her legs went first, crumbling beneath her as Moe collapsed into a heap. She hadn’t even managed to survive the first blow, how embarrassing, and yet there was the faintest vestige of a smile upon her lips.

Something to Prove | END POST
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:11 pm

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - Recovery

There had been a lot that happened over the recent weeks, not just to the 4th but to the entire Gotei. Shura had played her role as best she knew how, as best as she could... Some of her endeavors proved fruitful while others failed to glean what she was hoping for... and one stood above all of them. But that was a story for nobody save herself.

However the ones that had proven fruitful were not only ones where she was victorious, some were ones where she had failed to properly set the example and she knew that. However when one of her as-of-yet untested endeavors showed itself in the fourth, it did not go unnoticed by Shura.

Unlike her typical day however she was not amongst the training yard at first like the rest of the squad, nor was she laying atop the barracks as she normally was. Instead she was inside, sitting within a corner with her Zanpakuto set on the ground in silent contemplation. Was it her fault? Was that the reason he was so quiet? Well, her silent contemplation was interrupted when she both heard and felt an eruption of energy, it wasn't Rio's... It wasn't Kanae's... It wasn't anyone within the fourth. Even if it wasn't the intention, for Shura it was a calling card.

So she stood, grabbed her Zanpakuto and headed to the training yard, where stood a woman, and whilst her Reiatsu wasn't immediately familiar she knew of her. As she stepped into the training yard proper she would speak "Shishiyuki Koizumi." Shura's voice was... different than it usually was, one of a rather emotionless state rather than the over-the-top boisterous nature that it had almost always been previously.

Her gaze briefly searched the area "So you are the one I heard and felt earlier... Why are you here in the Fourth?" As she finished her question her gaze fell back onto the woman, Shura herself having stopped roughly thirty feet from the woman. "Surely you did not come on behalf of Elyss."

made by RR of DD, steal and i will sentence you to the true death!
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:08 am

Now there was the face Shishiyuki had expected to see. Turning her attention from the little pink challenger- no, from Machihara, the 7th division's Vice Captain tossed the letter she'd brought with her in Shura's general direction, crumpled and treated with roughly the same respect as a wet rag.

"Ah, Kurata. I have come as a reply to your missive on behalf of my division, as the 7th's representative. And, naturally, I will be exercising my own authority to do the same, particularly having read the reports from my division members."

Rolling her neck fairly casually, Shishiyuki simply returned to her typical stance, ready for combat as her whole body was tensed like a tightly-coiled spring. Even so, despite the obvious severity of her presence, a smirk danced across her lips. Not goading, or even mocking, but simply self-assured.

"If we are discerning who should or should not be on the battlefield, then naturally, those who have already been thoroughly trounced would be those first in question. And as Vice Captain of the 7th, it would be unthinkable to waste Captain Kishimoto's time by bringing this test of yours to her attention."

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:31 am

Shura's eyes only tracked the piece of paper that was tossed about half way before they moved back to Shishiyuki, regarding her carefully as she began to speak of her reasons for coming. Truth be told this was the first time anyone had come to the 4th's barracks in response rather than waiting until Shura arrived at theirs, though in earnest Shura didn't care one way or the other about such things... at least not anymore. Perhaps before she'd of found this quite enticing a chance, or perhaps even found it quite cynical.

Instead she simply closed her eyes "I see..." Was all she said before Shishiyuki continued to speak, giving her own proposition as to who should be first tested if such a thing were to be the course before bringing up her own Captain. "I will speak plainly, your Captain and her interests are not only of no concern to me, but to the entirety of the Fourth Division. She knows my opinion having come and asked for it directly already, bothering her with my letter would be an utter waste of time regardless of your opinion."

While Shura didn't truthfully care for Elyss' past, her first and so far only meeting with her didn't set a positive tone for how she would feel about her going ahead. Her tone was still just as emotionless as before, however as her eyes opened she would take about three steps forward. "I will admit however, I am curious as to these reports your division has fed you. Given the nature of your visit, I can only presume they're either about my investigations already or my fight against Metatron, though feel free to correct me if those presumptions are unfounded."

Even as Shishiyuki had taken her fighting stance, Shura's hands remained at her sides in a stance that could only be considered to be either wide open or without one in the first place. "I will admit, I will not be releasing my Zanpakuto or even drawing it. I hope you do not take it personally, or find such a thing lacking for your 'assessment'." By all measures, Shura was acting very... uncharacteristically with that statement.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:16 pm

"Naturally. You do speak for your whole division, which is why I have accepted any and all challengers from these ranks. I, meanwhile, speak for mine."

Shishiyuki wasn't particularly interested in taking the first blow. After all, to the challenger went the first blow, was that not basic etiquette? She had answered the message, and it was now down to Shura to begin. If not, well, it would simply be clear that she lacked the mettle to hold up her words.

"Your bout against Metatron demonstrates that you are no more sufficient to face our current foe than those you would think to assess. Usage of bankai, usage of high-level kido, and you still accomplished nothing."

Take it personally? Shishiyuki could hardly be bothered by anything someone like this said. If she fought half-heartedly, she would simply be judged to be at that level. Weak fighting spirit was a pathetic thing to have in the Combat division.

"So. Fight as you see fit, and I will simply judge you, your prowess, and your division accordingly. As your missive indicated, of course, this is a matter of whether you ought be allowed in future engagements. As representative of your division for this challenge, let us hope you do not disappoint."

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:36 pm

So that was the way of it... "Your reports are quite misleading then it would seem, as is your interpretation of my missive. You are correct that my bankai in its current form has no capabilities of defeating our foe at present, however the assumption that I used high-level kido is beyond preposterous. Those within the Fourth know full well my capabilities with Kido, and it is not of the level capable of producing high-level kido as you claim."

Shura calmly both confirmed and dismissed the claims made of her capabilities though in different fashions "That is why my missive was sent to allow me to simply assess that which we have available within the Gotei, for it was not just me that was defeated but the whole of the Gotei and Vandenreich combined. Even my own Captain, Kanae Nagoshi, the strongest of us, was ultimately unable to kill her foe. However let us simply assume this to be the reason my Zanpakuto will not be drawn and leave it there, but do not mistake this for having a weak fighting spirit for none within this division can be said to have such a thing... Pride will not permit it."

Perhaps it was unsurprising that some interpreted the missive differently, given her station and the Division she was apart of it should be expected to be such. "The last question I have to ask, and one I would ask you ponder over during our spar, is how much of me do you think you know? For I shall ponder the same about you this day." These were her last words, letting them stew for a moment. After that moment however was when the bout would begin, Shura utilizing her Shunpo to blitz in a slightly angled line before swinging her leg outwards in a sharp but spinning whip kick.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:27 pm

"If you believe the multiple reports to all have been filed in falsehood, then you certainly may make a formal appeal. However, I have no reason to assume my division members would lie about the strength of an opponent or the events of the battlefield. Certainly less reason than a member of the old 11th might, where kido was so often seen as a crutch for the weak. Imagine what they might have thought, seeing a Bakudo 81 and 79, and a Hadō 88."

Obviously, Shishiyuki wholly dismissed Shura's statements, and made it clear she had received fully reliable reports on what happened on Earth that day.

"What I know about you is only what I see before me. I avoid spending time thinking about the inconsequential.”

Shishiyuki's eyes tracked her opponent as she stepped toward her. Fast, but not menacingly so. Shishiyuki could have dodged, but she was quite confident in the difference between the two of them. Instead, she met Shura's kick with a strike of her own, her knee shooting upward at blinding speeds as spiritual energy both reinforced her leg and violently rotated around the strike like a drill. Her intent was not simply to match the attack, to play around. Unlike Machihara, this was someone Shishiyuki already had ample opinion on, and who she did not have any intention of giving a bit of a fair chance.

Raiton Kaigeki (雷貪画戟, Lightning-Coveting Brushstroke Spear).

Such a strike was intent on only a single thing; the absolute decimation of bone. Spiritual energy rotating at immense speed, focused at the internals of a limb in order to not simply break bones, but shatter them from the inside. It was a technique that required extreme mastery of hakuda, simply for the control required to force energy inward to such a degree. Impact was more than enough to turn the bones at the point struck into veritable shrapnel, as they shattered outward at extreme velocity like nothing more than smashed porcelain.

A cruel technique, but Kyokushuretsu Kongou Ken was a cruel style, and the battlefield was a cruel place.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum