Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher]

Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:09 am
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] HEADER_artworks-000246887162-yzmz16-t500x500

He'd had far too much time to himself.

As much as he might have hoped that all of this craziness might have been an ample distraction, it seemed that kids these days were a bit too self sufficient. While he'd been brought in to remove those strange collars, it had been a rather smooth process. It always was with him. Still, now that Arlette had somewhat recovered and didn't require his constant attention, he'd had more time to himself than he liked.

Time to think.

Time to remember.

And time to worry about what he'd been avoiding for the last year or so now. But well, today wasn't the day he was going to go and confront all of that.

Well, at least he could still check up on her. Stepping into her room, he gently knocked on the frame of the door before offering a soft smile. "Room Service." He announced, a tray of breakfast with him. Full course, now that she was able to keep down food normally. He'd made a habit of still cooking for her. It was hardly gourmet, but it was something. "You decent in there, Madame?"
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty Re: A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher]

Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:01 am
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] X6fsqJn
ARLETTE

Recent days had been both better and worse than was typical. Arlette was hardly glad that her twin was here in the City of Lights, but she was even more angry that she had to concede Eliane wasn't entirely in the wrong. For now, she was simply preparing to visit her other sisters, knowing that was going to be no easier than the visit with Eliane had been, but the knock at her door took her out of her thoughts.

"Of course."

She spoke sharply, but loudly enough to be heard, as she put the work at her desk away for now. Not because she was especially embarrassed about it or worried it might be seen, but simply because she didn't especially wish to waste the man's time by speaking to him while she was busy working.

END POST | NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty Re: A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher]

Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:23 am
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] HEADER_artworks-000246887162-yzmz16-t500x500

He gently opened the door after her response, shifting the tray to lay across his palm and forearm so that he could open the door with the spared hand. A brief glance around before he spotted Arlette and gave a little smile as he slipped inside. "Gmorning. I heard you getting up not that long ago. Unless you've been up all night, buuuuut either way. I decided you could probably use a little breakfast slash Late Dinner." He noted with a proud smile and a nod toward the tray in his Grasp, walking into the room and looking around for a spot to place it.

"Did you sleep well? Or should I mind the candle wax?" He ventured, glancing toward the woman's bed, as if to see some evidence that the woman had gotten rest recently.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Harbor of Quiet [Arlette, Bauher] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:59 am
ARLETTE

"I'd prefer to, but I can't afford that kind of behavior right now."

Even if she wasn't on death's door at every waking moment anymore, she could hardly afford to strain herself for the sake of efficiency like she was used to. It was a dreadful way of living for someone like her, who focused so decidedly on getting things done by whatever means were necessary. Then again, those days by all accounts should have been passed now. It was far from reasonable that she might hope to continue living like that, with this new life she'd found.

It was both pleasant and unpleasant, like everything seemed to be lately.

"The rest was fine. Just a necessity. Thank you for breakfast."

It wasn't like she particularly enjoyed the idea of doing something so unproductive, after all. The idea of actually thanking him took her a moment or two, given she wasn't used to being openly grateful unless she was in a diplomatic context, or in more severe circumstances.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:13 am

He couldn't help the slight smile that formed in response to Arlette's response. "Is that right? Well I'm sure me and your body both appreciate the restraint." He chuckled, making his way across the room and finding a clear space near the woman to set the tray down. Naturally, he'd arranged the eggs, bacon, and sausage into a little smiling face. For morale of course.

"Glad to hear you've had some 'fine' rest. And you're very welcome. Today we have for you Madame, a spread I am most proud of. Only the Finest on sale Eggs, scrambled and seasoned with a dash of salt and pepper. Free Range frozen Sausages, and of course only the finest Bacon, cooked to perfection, refridgerated, and then reheated in the microwave." A lopsided smile decorated his features as he introduced her meal, nothing but pride in his work as he let her dig in, taking a moment to pull out his Phone and snap a picture of the spread before she had at it.

He had quite a collection of Meal pictures on his phone by now.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:01 pm
ARLETTE

There was a sort of dull silence as Arlette simply stared at the plate before her for a moment or two, her expression as plain as it almost always was. Her eyes bored into the plate with the kind of intensity that could have started a campfire, as if analyzing it for any sign that it might attack her at a moment's notice. Then, after a few tense moments of silence, a small smirk formed, and before long she laughed, a laugh that was quiet but, by all accounts, seemingly genuine.

"How domestic. Just as well, I'm not worried about it being some five star meal. A meal is a meal."

Perhaps that might have come across as a bit reductive even of what effort Bauher actually had put into it, but Arlette was nothing if not a pragmatic and practical woman. She appreciated that he had taken the time to make it at all, so the thought that it might have theoretically been nicer really didn't mean much to her. She'd have been equally as appreciative had it been an elaborate meal or a simple jug of nutritional paste.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:28 pm

Bauher glanced briefly toward the work that Arlette had tucked away as she seemed to take in the spread he'd laid out for her. Vaguely wondering what it was she had been working on, though his attention quickly shifted to the woman as she broke out into that soft and earnest little laugh. A pleased smile forming on his face. Ah yes, he did love when his jokes landed, a rare treat. Though he could swear she was getting used to his sense of humor. How very frightening.

"Domestic is nice. It's much better than emergency poptarts or campfire-roasted squirrel. Though I DO make a mean Squirrel roast." He noted with a slightly playful smirk as he glanced out the window, taking note of the time before looking around the room. A quick survey for anything that needed to be picked up. A bit less necessary now that Arlette was much more...mobile and such and able to clean up after herself. But it was just an instinct that had been baked in over the years.

"Though I suppose I've been living the domestic life for a while now, it's been years since I've ever had to hunt a meal. Kinda makes me wonder if I've still got it in me..." He trailed off, briefly musing over such a thing. The instincts would still be there, but he did wonder. Perhaps he should try and go camping? Who would he go with? He didn't know if Arlette was really the outdoorsy type. "Ever been big into that sort of thing? Or are you more of an RV kinda gal?"

A wandering mind was a happy and healthy one after all. The kinds of thoughts that sat like stones in his head weren't the happiest of thoughts.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:09 am
ARLETTE

"Domestic isn't any different to the outdoors for me. Whatever needs doing, I'll make it work."

Despite the fact that she was that way simply because she'd been made to be, Arlette certainly wasn't bothered by the notion. It didn't weigh her down that she lived like that, though she did, admittedly, understand that it could be seen as a bad thing, and that her sisters weren't quite so fortunate as she was.

"If I had to choose, I'd pick a city like this. Easier to get things done. I couldn't handle the distance and delay in communication being away from a major hub."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:28 pm

Edelo couldn't help but smirk just a little at the response he garnered. Not all that surprising he supposed, and after a moment, he was pleased to hear he express a decision one way or the other. That lopsided smile of his widening as he drummed his fingers along the side of the desk. "Hmm, I suppose that's a fair assessment. Though I guess that means a camping trip might not be the best move." He mured, rubbing his chin as he paused and thought it over. Who else would he really be able to take? He didn't exactly have any 'buddies' in his life as it were. Karakura seemed so distant now, and truth be told, as he stood beside the desk and let his hand rest on the smooth wood of the surface, he was suddenly struck with the notion that he really hadn't made any friends.

Sure, Alastair at times would stop by and the pair would share a pleasantry or two, but it was something a bit ...strange. He'd always been the friendly type, making a few friends here and there wherever he went. It was just how he was, and so he was never without a buddy to drag along to some endeavor. He just...hadn't had the energy for it. And a soft, forlorn smile crossed his features as he came to realize that for once, he didn't have anyone to take along. But that was something to think about later, maybe outside where he could smoke.

"Hmm, I've always been more at home out in the wilderness. As nice as the safety and proximity is. I grew up in something of a nomadic setting. Took a while for me to get used to cities." He noted, walking to the side and pulling up a chair, a deft shift of his wrist as he spun the chair about and then sat himself down, resting a forearm over the back of the chair. A slight hunch in his posture.

"Maybe I'll have to go on a little trip. Now that things have calmed down a little. Give you a bit of reprieve from my breakfasts and jokes that you enjoy so much." He offered, lips pulling back for one of his lopsided smirks.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am
ARLETTE

"Oh? I didn't realize you were intent on me accompanying you. If you'd like company on a camping trip, I'm not opposed once my schedule frees up."

Of course, Artlette's schedule was one typically packed to the brim, bordering on unhealthily so. But she wasn't so foolish as to avoid taking time for herself for health reasons, even moreso in recent times when she was in such poor condition. This would work out well, she supposed. Better than sitting around alone, waiting for her sisters to lose a bit of spite.

"Your company's been one of the few things to keep me from going nearly insane cooped up in here for so long. I'd sooner go with you than have to figure out what to do with a moment of actual quiet."

A bit of a pointed joke, but Arlette hadn't ever been one who was good with humor.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum