Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 Empty Re: Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira]

Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:00 pm
KAORU NAGUMO|LAUGHING WOLF
Rosa Rubicundior

This was where Kaoru and he disagreed. Bad memories were, well, bad. What good were they? A learning moment? Maybe. But couldn't you just as easily have a learning moment with a good memory? Romanticization of suffering was something Kaoru felt strongly about. It wasn't good. It was the type of thing that made people feel like it was "cool" to be sad and mopey all the time. Those people were lame, and they never really amounted to anything aside from school shooters.

"You should read some happier books." Kaoru shrugged and changed the conversation. She wasn't quite feeling getting into a debate with someone right now. "So what's your story, Library Santa? You on the run? Do I gotta worry about someone coming in here to arrest you?" She threw a thumb back towards the door. "'Cause if so, I'ma bounce. I don't wanna get caught up in another person's fight."

Lilio Candidior

Tsubine's Character List
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 Empty Re: Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira]

Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:46 am
Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 I?id=bd83d221d91ee22b041397fdd0519e179cff8148-9181148-images-thumbs&n=13

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Akira chuckled a little at her commentation of material, seemingly content with leaving that whole debacle into the depths of this first engagement. He was deductive enough to tell the slight change or abrupt alteration in conversation, clearly it was difficult for him to truly understand the differences in so many people or at least acknowledge this shortcoming.

People really are difficult.

"You’re rather forthright aren’t you? Granted it is far more appreciated than picking up on falsity. I’ll be candid in return, the Gotei Thirtee- United. Whatever they’ve decided to dress that corrupted regime in. It has been sometime until recent engagements of which my circumstance was secure, though I doubt another shall be bothering me anytime soon.

The man chuckled slightly, deciding it was best to keep it a little less severe than it already was.

"Considering you’re rather blunt about this, I can only presume you’re atleast not affiliated with them or confident in your abilities, of which case can we atleast fight outside of this place. What is your story?

END OF POST

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:36 pm
Rosa Rubicundior

Kaoru nodded in response to his rhetorical question. Yes, she was, indeed, quite blunt. She didn't want to really beat around the bush. If the Gotei was on this man's heels, she'd want to get away from him ASAP. Thankfully, that didn't seem to be the case. He was just a little too relaxed for that. Which would have set off a red flag in someone more cautious. However, Kaoru was no longer the sharpest crayon in the shed. If danger were to spring upon her, however, she'd be quick to react. Predicting it was another matter altogether.

"Oh, you know. I used to kill guys like you. Was told they'd rather bring 'em in alive, but sometimes it's just too much of a hassle. Like, there's no point in wasting my energy or time trying to save someone who's just going to rot in a cell, yanno?" Kaoru actually giggled at the last part. It was as if there was a joke there that only she got. She was an odd one, but this was the first real sense of the danger that lurked behind the constant smile she kept. "But I'm not part of that anymore, so you ain't got nothin' to worry about, Library Santa." Kaoru leaned in, speaking more conspiratorially. "Just be a bit careful about those opinions. Still a lot of people that view them in a positive light."

Lilio Candidior

Tsubine's Character List
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:16 pm
Pages Not Included [Kaoru/Akira] - Page 2 I?id=bd83d221d91ee22b041397fdd0519e179cff8148-9181148-images-thumbs&n=13

AKIRA TAIRITSU

That first enlightenment didn’t elicit a physical reaction, though an internal caution surfaced, rising from the core not only regarding the occupation but the hint to her capacity. Mirai was of this branch wasn’t she? Kaoru didn’t come off as entirely hostile, yet that gentle giggle held a story that most would dismiss as idle entertainment, though her view wasn’t entirely unloved by Akira. He even chuckled lightly with her, at the rather odd yet playful conspiratory method, moving to raise a book to cover his features from any lookers, eyes narrowing to look around.

"This is a small secret but I care little for others opinions. I know. Dramatic reveal and all. I’m inclined to agree, though I am more content in seeing you’ve broken your shackles from them. All the Gotei are good for is deceiving their subjects into believing a self righteous crusade. Half the names which end up on a desk were merely those who disliked the filth of nobility and central 46.

A rare break followed from his calm demeanor, a brief flash of a memory which didn’t sit well with him before returning just as swiftly to the neutral smile.

."Oh. I’m such a fool, forgive my rudeness but I haven’t introduced myself entirely. Akira Tairitsu. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before around the Gotei yet there is an element of familiarity I can’t quite place my finger on.

END OF POST

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:52 pm
Rosa Rubicundior

"Oh, I wasn't warning you to not hurt people's feelings. Say that in the wrong crowd though, and you'll... I think people here say 'get got' or something." Kaoru made an exaggerated sigh with both of her arms. "I dunno. Language is hard. Either way, just know that some are still fanatics." With a confident point to herself with her thumb, she smiled wider. "Not me though." She wasn't someone who hated the Gotei. They just weren't her group anymore. She could respect those that did—and those that didn't. Everyone had their own beliefs for right and wrong. Some aligned with the Gotei, others... didn't.

Kaoru did take a bit of a note that he really seemed to just hate the Soul Society's ruling classes in general. Which, good on him. They weren't always the best people. Then again, she wasn't in any place to judge or praise the man. There was a difference in the guy who hated the elites because they were unjust and unfair and the guy who hated them because they had privilege he didn't. "You wouldn't have seen me." Kaoru cheekily announced.

"You can just call me Kaoru. I don't give my last name out to strangers, let alone those on the run from the Gotei. You might flip on me when you get caught." Kaoru didn't mince words for anyone, let alone Library Santa. "I do think it's probably the right thing to apologize for being a bit dodgy. You're nice and all, but people aren't always good people. And I really don't feel like breaking a fellow literature enthusiast."

Lilio Candidior

Tsubine's Character List
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:12 am

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Kaoru wasn’t a liar nor trustworthy, reliable as far as an individual could really throw her. Akira didn’t often enjoy such impulsive individuals, though this was the key difference between Kaoru and those others which had followed a similar path of life: Truth. She didn’t seem to pretend that any of these things were not true, refusing to dice words into sugar cubes that most craved to conceal the foundation of an issue or their own ability as a person. It elicited a smile of warmth, many he had to watch for a que or a momentary lapse in speech pattern to lie, it was comforting. That mind which always raced like fast currents, bringing forth deduction and information alike, to offer it a reprieve due to the current consistency almost made him drop his guard entirely.

Almost.

Akira offered an idle shrug with a smirk breaking the smile.

."I’m loyal to those who are not so fond of the Gotei, regardless if you believe that or not. They’ve yet to catch me yet, though their patrols have increased. There should be an offer of caution regarding that, even those who haven’t been looked into for years are seemingly returning to the Gotei’s priority.

There was an idle gesture of the left hand, returning it to Kaoru.

."Regardless, I doubt such is news to you. You’re right though, people can conceal their true nature relatively easily and my caution is warranted. I take it you haven’t made the mistake of divulging such to a person who turned out to be entirely different or is that a statement of familiarity?

END OF POST

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:26 pm
Rosa Rubicundior

Kaoru was enjoying talking with Akira. She rarely didn't enjoy talking with people—most people had at least one interesting story to tell. And if she didn't like talking to someone, she'd just say "Okay bye" and walk away even if they were mid-sentence. She was one who lived by her rules and on her schedule. The rest of the world be damned if it got in her way. She'd concede to niceties, social norms, and even laws—right up until it impeded her.

Kaoru rocked from side to side on her feet. She made some more thinking sounds in response to Akira's question. "Not that I remember, nope! Anyone I've met in the Gotei that have tried to give me that 'you look familiar' spiel are surprisingly easy to run away from. And that's just the ones that don't take 'You got the wrong person' for an answer. Though I did have to knock one persistent guy out... I might have broken his nose... or was it his wrist? I don't remember. I honestly doubt anyone actually remembers me thanks to my job requiring at least some an-onym-ity." Kaoru struggled with the word somewhat. "Plus with all these wars going on, I think I'm a footnote at best. Which is good. Means I can move around a bit more freely."

"I do have one kinda weird question for you, Libr—Akira, right? Right. Anyway, do you, like, miss anything from up there? ...Well, not exactly 'up' so maybe 'back?' I just mean back in the Soul Society. Like, there was this one place that did great takoyaki. I don't think it'd fly here though. Too many rules about sanitation and health codes and whatever. "

Lilio Candidior

Tsubine's Character List
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:09 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

There was a level of combined concern and amusement which washed over Akira’s features, a brow that perked in curiosity though a genuine, warm, chuckle coming to reach Kaoru’s ears at needing to knock somebody out. It hadn’t occurred so frequently to him that such had become necessary though eliminating a few have been an unfortunate byproduct of a situation, a tinge in his temple reminding him of the roundhouse kick from Mur-.

It was then it struck him, Kaoru required a level of anonymity but wasn’t of the Kido Corp, only other branch which truly stuck out was the Omni’s. They existed of course like any division, though unlike the Kido Corp, Akira recalls hearing of only one other branch that wasn’t the first who had some form of authority to question them. Interesting. Theory for now, though eyes trailed to look for certain body language that may indicate a level of rigorous and consistent instinctual readiness food action that those of special forced happened to acquire.

"I’m a little concerned for your stomach if health violations is considered a must have for some of the be- Nevermind. I’d be a hypocrite if I carried that on, pizza from cheap places has become a guilty pleasure.

He chuckled softly, before pondering.

"There was a hotspring that resided outside the Rukongai, not those easily accessible ones, a phenomenon that had almost an entire lake be the focal point for such. There is nothing wrong truly with this worlds hotsprings, just a lack of space. There you felt both relaxed and free, me an- Hrm. Some old colleagues of mine went frequently. What is it you miss the least?

END OF POST

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 pm
Rosa Rubicundior

Akira had hit the nail on the head with his theory about from where Kaoru hailed. She had been part of each branch of the Onmitsukidō save for the messenger corps. It was what made her extra slippery—and dangerous. Thankfully for Akira, she wasn't in the mood for dangerous. She hadn't seen anything close to hostile about him. Even when she gave him her characteristic verbal jabs, he took them in stride. A bit of a disappointment, but it wasn't enough for her to be bored yet. "I figured you'd've said something like a teahouse, not a hotspring. You kinda seem like the type to be snobby about tea. Leaf water is leaf water to me, same as coffee is just bitter bean water. Don't really like either."

Kaoru shrugged. "Honestly, walking everywhere. I don't mind walking around, don't get me wrong! A good, brisk walk keeps my blood flowing, energy up, and is good exercise. But sometimes I just wanna sit down and not be on my feet for a while. The moment the Rukongai gets public transportation is the day I might consider going back." She let out another giggle. She thought that joke was funny—the one about her actually going back. She'd never.

"I'm gonna be honest, I didn't really expect to find someone so fun to talk to in a bookstore out here." Kaoru dug into a pocket on her skirt—she never went anywhere without a pocket somewhere on her clothes—and pulled out a flip-phone with a plethora of character charms dangling from it. "Gimme your number... if you got one. Some people still don't use these somehow."

Lilio Candidior

Tsubine's Character List
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:50 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

It was pleasant, an existence that didn’t rely on the anxiety of seeing if a person was telling the truth or not. The Shinigami was certain of her origin which only enforced a sense of comfort, Kaoru truly was one of the few that he could claim in recent days that held a level of predictability that was a paradox in her unpredictability. He could rely on a self centered desire to achieve her own goals, to brazenly reinforce thoughts if it was a disagreement, all these things and more created a sense of security that by being always on edge or expecting such a response, one wouldn’t be hurt. They were just being themselves. It was difficult to conceive though, to acknowledge that there were those who managed to live without concern of internal affairs, even if part of him believed she fought unseen Demons, they did not dissuade her from acting accordingly.

Though her dislike for tea did cause a playful widen of the eyes, twitching with a jest of the head as it twisted into a shake, this audacity was unacceptable by all accounts. How could she destroy all this hope in a single sentence, though it elicited an audible, warm laughter rightfully after until a flip phone came from the skirt.

"Oh! Oh. Yes I have one. It’s been awhile since I used it beyond business engagements.

It was then a rush of realization came into view, Akira really didn’t have anyone in his contacts that weren’t business relations. Upon that though he would exchange some contact information with the woman, smiling softly and clapping the phone closed entirely.

"You’re rather a treat and a breath of fresh air, Kaoru. It’s quite rare that you’ll have these types of meetings in the confines of a library of all things, we all get so lost in the fantasy world that for the briefest of moments. Reality can become blurred. Or is that just me? Regardless, maybe you should take a transport home so you may enjoy that luxury of this world.

He chuckled softly.

"Feel free to call me though, my schedule regarding recreational can be a little vacant but I am sure we could find something to do.

END OF POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum