Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Empty Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare]

Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:11 pm
[CLICK THE POSTING MUSIC IN THE YOUTUBE BAR]

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Bathed in sunlight, Rita allowed the gentle warmth to seep into her skin, a soothing balm for the lingering shadows that clung to her psyche. The soft glow of the sun stood in stark contrast to the oppressive darkness she had endured, and for a fleeting moment, she found solace in its embrace as this simple pleasure was something she took for granted not too long ago.

Resting upon a cliff overlooking Karakura's lush forestland below, Rita drew her arms tighter around herself—a physical barrier against the world’s uncertainties. It's here, amidst nature's serenity, that she was to meet Kegare; an endeavor which pushed her nerves on edge.

The comfort of her home in recovery was something she had grown attached to but was also limiting her. It was a refuge where she sought to mend her fractured spirit with training and momentary escapes into her vices. So to be forced out of that bubble after losing the assurance her ego once shielded her proved to be unnerving, to say the least.

Yet, trust and strength aren't made by running away from the world or people. That entire failure of her mission into Africa and being kidnapped would have been avoided if she had learned to just trust someone to have her side. With a deep inhalation that filled her lungs with the crisp mountain air, she released the pent-up anxiety in one long, deliberate exhale. That anxiety wasn't going to serve her and she needed to let it go.

As Rita pulled herself out of her thoughts, Kegare was right on time with her arrival. Rising to her feet, Rita gave a greeting to the familiar presence with an outstretched hand and a voice steadier than she felt.

"Long time no see. Happy to hear you wanted to see me again."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] WVMWLOu
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Left_bar_bleue0/0Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Empty Re: Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare]

Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:59 pm
Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] HEADER_0b153c9bc1dd9574952bf26878075f1a

She wasn't exactly a happy camper. She'd sensed Rita's departure from the world of the living, and it was that shaky return that only added to the existing stress. Naturally, she'd informed the woman that she'd be paying them a visit. And when she finally found the woman, she couldn't help but let out a soft sigh of relief to see them still in one piece. But there was still plenty of tension in her expression.

She strode purposefully toward Rita and had to restrain herself from peeling the woman off her ass and shaking her.

"What the hell happened? First I hear you get your ass almost killed, and then you VANISH?!" Her voice rased without quite getting to yelling, but she definitely was not a happy camper. Exasperation clearly written across the woman's face as she furrowed her brows and looked to Rita for answers. It wasn't like she was part of this little homie group she had going with Kenichi and Vanyel. She was entirely in the dark.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:04 am

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Rita's gaze, heavy with reflection, met Kegare's inquiry. A myriad of unspoken thoughts clouded her eyes before she exhaled a burdened sigh, the weight of her ordeal pressing the air from her lungs.

"It...didn't go as planned. Guess you can say shit went south."

Her voice was a careful measure of restraint as those memories of hers were far from pleasant. And as her weary gaze lingered on Kegare, she questioned what her response to any of this would even be; adding another layer of unwanted dread to her already exhausted mind.

This whole situation was akin to picking needles out of her skin for Rita. And so, a nervous tick manifested as her fingers trailed over the skin of her arm, tracing the invisible scars left by invisible shackles.

"I had been taken against my own will after that loss."

Voice drenched in loathing and tiredness, Rita shook her head and continued.

"I was held captive in Hueco Mundo until Kenichi arrived with help."

After admitting that out in the open, Rita's voice was a low murmur as she flicked a stray strand of hair from her face, her movements betraying the strain of reassembling the fragments of her fractured reality.

"Sure, I could have contacted you sooner, but I still have a business, people, and responsibilities to manage. So I'm sorry if I let things fall out of my hands, but one person can only shoulder so much before something falls through the cracks."

There was a defensive edge sharpening her words. Rita felt as if she was being confronted and it made her uncertain, fearful, and second-guess herself as her ego felt bruised and damaged. This is why, In Rita's eyes, Kegare might have glimpsed the storm of self-doubt and the sting of vulnerability laid bare and it made Rita loathe that weakness of herself.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Left_bar_bleue0/0Into The Sunlight [Rita/Kegare] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:11 pm

"Yea I could tell, I wanna know what the hell happened." A bit of exasperation hit Kegare's voice as she shook her head, her brows knitting together as she stared at Rita. Confusion clouding her features as she made a face. "Your LOSS? What did you get kidnapped from your office after a bad deal? What the hell happened that got you kidnapped? You're a damn businesswoman, who the hell would wanna take you to Hueco Mundo? What, there some kinda...real estate arrancar or some shit?" She insisted.

After all, she was entirely unaware of Rita's little combative activities. And so the explanation only brought up more questions in the Danava as she sighed and rubbed at the bridge of her nose.

"Look I....I know Rita. Just like....can ytou....explain how things got to this? Who did it? WHY did they do it? And what did you lose? Were you gambling or something?" She asked, her voice softer now, eyes searching Rita in an attempt to understand what had caused this whole incident.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:17 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Rita's brows furrowed, a visible sign of her internal struggle. The words of Kegare didn't spark her irritation; rather, it was the challenge of revisiting a painful memory she desperately wished to leave behind. Yet, she recognized the fairness in sharing these details, understanding that clarity was essential for Kegare to grasp the full picture.

Drawing in a deep, resigned breath, Rita gathered her thoughts, her voice steadying despite the clear undercurrent of unease.

"Well, Gracen Arms has had more involvement with Africa before then. Helping neighboring countries, providing supplies, medical relief; y'know, trying to make a new for ourselves."

Her tone became firmer than before, but she was still mildly unnerved. Despite that, she continued.

"It's just I took it upon myself to see if I could use my powers for good, let my ego get to my head and got fucked up and taken to Hueco Mundo by an Arrancar and we ended up taking some losses because of my fuck-up."

Pausing, Rita's eyes drifted away from Kegare, lost in the waves of guilt and remorse that washed over her. The silence lingered as she processed these heavy emotions, the weight of her decisions hanging palpably in the air.

"If you want to know who, it was a woman named Sabre. They did it because we tried to clear out some of the Hollows in the area that were invading the Vastime capital at the time."

Now looking up at Kegare, she held a stare before she could speak more.

"I....just fucked it up. I dragged Kenichi into this mess since he was the one who brought me back, and changed the course of other men's lives in the process and it wasn't a successful operation. I can see that he and others have been hurt through all of this, and I don't feel super confident at the moment. My actions caused so much pain, and I'm struggling to come to terms with it."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 am

She furrowed her brows. Struggling with her own instincts as she knew damn well that Rita regretted her actions. She could sense that even if she didn't have her powers. But what shocked her the most was the actual explanation. The efforts towazrd africa surprised her. But not too much. rita struck her as the charitable type. But then that last part caught her off guard, and she twitched.

Clearing out H-...

"No you....you stepped out onto the BATTLEFIELD? In AFRICA?!" The sheer shock in Kegare's voice was more than enough to reflect her alarm. As she suddenly stepped in and grabbed the woman by the shoulder. "What the HELL got into you?! I've been hunting hollows my LIFE and I wouldn't GO there, Rita, what were you THINKING?!" She shook her head and turned around, hand on her brow as she paced around and .... took a slow, steady sigh as she ....calmed herself. She was livid, and even more concerned. She turned to look over her shoulder and no doubt, there was pain written all over the woman's face. Yea...she knew that this had been hard for her. But ...tch.

"You're damn lucky they didn't just kill you. Fuck.. I...." She had more questions, but she could already sense what was coming from Rita. And she let her shoulders slump just a little as she reached out and put a hand on the woman's head. That mask of shock and anger softening slightly.

"Rita. I don't know what this...Gracen arms shit is. But you need to reconsider this. I know you're going through a lot right now. But you....you are NOT a warrior. It's not as simple as just going out there and throwing your powers around. There's more to fighting than that. You need to be cautious. You need....SO many things ESPECIALLY against hollows." She shook her head and sighed. Her hand falling to her side.

"Rita. You need to think long and hard. If you decide that you want to start fighting. Then this, this won't be the last hardship you suffer." She stated, a firm, hard tone.

"A warrior's path isn't just a joyride. No matter how strong you get. Death will always be watching you closely. You, and the ones you care about. You'll always be surrounded by death. It changes you Rita."
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:19 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Rita did not run from those furious feelings Kegare had. Although Rita was battered and worse for wear, she wasn't a fool and knew it was an absurdly risky thing fueled by her pride and ego. And sometimes that same ego can get you killed in pursuit of such grandiose desires. So despite the fury she could sense from Kegare, she knew it was from a place of concern and that's why she let out a soft exhale before speaking.

"I got in over my head. I'm not some defenseless damsel in distress by any means, but that entire conflict just showed me I have to get better if I do decide to go back."

Her gaze drifted to her right hand, and with a pointed gesture, a force of energy obliterated a cliffside nearby as it seemed to be a release of her tension, nerves, and churning fire of emotions that was brewing in her. Not at Kegare, but more so at herself as she tried to cling on to anything to give her a semblance of control or power.

"I've had the luxury of this power and it's always gotten me what I wanted, so it needs to be more focused it seems."

Narrowing in, her gaze never left Kegare as she continued.

"I've always fought solo, striving for wealth and success. But this ordeal has shown me the cost of neglecting the trust and reliance on others. If it had been just her and me, I believe I could've taken her down and killed her. Her tactic of involving others... it exposed my lack of trust and how it could be my downfall.."

Admitting that felt like swallowing a bitter pill, her tone tinged with an undercurrent of defeat.

"So you're right. This has changed me. I don't have all the answers yet, but it's clear I need to learn to work better with others before I go back out there. I never realized just how alone I'd been until now.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 pm

Kegare's brows furrowed slightly and she ..... couldn't help it. She felt anger welling up inside her and she just....stared at Rita as her brows knit together. In.....awe of the shit that was coming out of her mouth. About....focus? About trusting others? Being alone? She didn't see the fight. But she had been in a lot of them. And hearing the way that Rita focused on this....the way she...ALWAYS focused on things. Her shoulders slowly slumped.

How did she do it? How did she somehow manage to not see what Kegare was saying? How did she somehow manage to always steer things into these warped, round-about things?

"No, Rita. I don't think it has anything to do with trust or friendship, or whatever else you meant by all that. I think it has everything to do with the fact that you've never seen a battlefield in...how long? And you decided to walk into a fucking warzone." Her voice was cold as she spoke, and a sigh escaped her. Not just because Rita clearly was just having her head up in a cloud, but the fact that she clearly wasn't going to stop. That really was just the gist of how the two had always been.

She just didn't understand Rita. She didn't understand how the woman's mind worked. How she somehow got these...abstracted ideas that made no sense. Because to Kegare, the only thing she heard was that Rita would be dragging other people into the shit instead of just herself. The very notion of NOT putting herself in there just didn't seem to occur to her.

"Has it ever occurred to you, that you don't belong out on the front lines? No....I don't know why I'm even asking." She closed her eyes and let her hand rest over her face. "Rita. Why do you want this? You're good with money...I ...Assume. You're good at pulling out peoples potential. At managing resources. What could you possibly have to gain, by ALSO being out there on the battlefield? Self defense? That I could see. But fucking...Africa? Why do you need to be there? Why not have people MADE for that put out there? What's gonna happen if you die out there, huh? Do you think your .....friends can run a company? Manage all of your shit?"
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:29 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

There was a look of mild shock that reflected in the eyes of Rita. The re-framing of Kegare's words seemed to jolt a moment of contemplation as Rita briefly stared off into space. After remaining quiet for a moment, she nodded and came back to her senses.

"When you put it like that, perhaps you have a point there."

Scratching her head for a moment, her internal thoughts felt conflicted. It was more of a question of whether her relentless pursuit of resources and power was fulfilling, or if she was just trying to fill a void left by her past insecurities. There was a lot of joy from helping bring out the potential of others, supporting them, investing in her company, and watching it grow; was there a need for her to fight in a war after having already gotten the spoils of the previous World War?

"Can't see myself being deterred from wanting to grow stronger."

She mused aloud, more to herself than to Kegare.

"But, maybe it doesn't have to be fighting in another war. I mean, I already profited more than most others can ever dream from the last world war we had."

Rubbing her temples, a gesture betraying her inner turmoil, Rita sank into silence. It was a rare pause, a moment of self-reflection that she seldom showed. When she finally spoke again, her voice carried a mix of resolve and uncertainty.

"Because, honestly, I know I can achieve everything I aspire to without setting foot on the front lines. I've proven that much to myself. But....something in me says I should still fight. Not sure if it's pride, ego or insecurities; but It's like a part of me is still tethered to the battlefield, even when logic, like what you've just laid out, tells me otherwise"

Her eyes reflected a storm of emotions – doubt, fear, perhaps even a hint of excitement at the unknown paths her life could take.

It was more than just a question of what she wanted to do; it was a question of who Rita wanted to be. Her strength had always been her shield, her armor against the world and she always liked to imagine herself as strong and resourceful. But now, in the quiet aftermath of Kegare's words and the unsatisfying conclusion to Africa as a whole, she conflicted with her self-image. Rita wondered if there were other, unexplored forms of strength she had yet to discover within herself; if she could cease holding on to that idealized self.

" As a friend, what do you think I should do then?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:24 pm

A sigh escaped Kegare. That familiar feeling of water washing over the shore hitting her again. Rita really just did not seem to listen to her. And apparently, that wasn't just a her thing. Her brows knitted together, and even worse. Her jaw tightened as the woman expounded on her reasonings. An assurance, as if there had been any doubt, that Rita still had every intention of getting involved in more conflict.

The question though.
That caught her off guard, and she couldn't help the look of incredulity that crawled across her face.

"If you'd been listening you'd know what I think you should do. Rita. That you should drop all....this. Not because I told you to, but because you understand why its a bad idea.This isn't some...MARKET you can just buy into. IF.....I don't know. IF you just showed....SOME hesitation. SOME uncertainty I might ACTUALLY be okay with it! But no. Just like everything else. You've set your mind to it. I'll talk to you and you'll nod your head. Maybe you'll even change directions to comply. But it doesn't FEEL like you're actually thinking about what I'm saying. It just feels like you're saying what you think I want to hear." She rubbed at her eyelids. A sigh escaping her as she turned back and started walking towards the door.

"What I think you should do is slow your roll and THINK before you go jumping into a change of vocation."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum