Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  Empty Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:02 pm

KENICHI MURATA | RELENTLESS DRAGON

An exhausting ordeal had finally passed. Balance, for the most part, had been restored. Rita was home. No longer forced to fight for her life, resting in a bed, protected by every bodyguard she had imaginable. By all accounts, that should have been a satisfying conclusion. Such a fact should have allowed him to hold his head high. He should be elated. Reality was not so welcoming, though. If anything, what took place in that realm left him rattled.

Nothing about his form currently carried that brash nature he exemplified, nor did his stride exude the so much as a whisper of power. It was almost as if he was forcing himself to move at this point. He genuinely wanted to go to his own home and lay down on the bed. Treat it all as if it were some horrific nightmare. Her calmingly cold expression, the tiny arrancar's distraught face, the sickening realization...

He wanted to go home.

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  Empty Re: Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:14 pm
Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  HEDD__carnelian_arknights_drawn_by_muaooooo__sample-12451bbed5e484b8ce2e771d181ed101

"You seem to have a lot on your mind."

Sabre's voice emerged just as she stepped from the garganta nearby. She watched him closely as she emerged from the darkness, those eyes squarely locked onto him. She was well aware that he was distraught, but that couldn't be helped. Wether she approached him now or later, there wouldn't be much to do about that raw feeling he no doubt was experiencing. All the more reason to approach him now.

"A penny for your thoughts."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:37 pm

"..."

Of all the voices he'd hear, hers had certainly been the last he would have welcomed. Several emotions spun through his head like a typhoon. Anger. Regret. Hurt. Fear. Presently, the only one he was capable of was apathy. He was so completely detached from it all that even anger felt useless at this point. What would it achieve? He was one of the core reasons she existed as she was now. He was the one who openly trusted her, who, perhaps to his own foolish fault, genuinely cared for her wellbeing. Turning to face her, his expression an odd mixture between stern and exhausted, he posed but a single question.

"Why?"

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:48 pm
Broken Wings[Kenichi, Sabre]  HEDD__carnelian_arknights_drawn_by_muaooooo__sample-12451bbed5e484b8ce2e771d181ed101

Sabre closed her eyes calmly and let out a soft sigh as she made her way over to the young man. She towered over him, like she always had. But with his slumped stature, she seemed to impose all the more over him. "If you're asking why I kidnapped her. Simply put, it was self preservation. I found her cutting down hollows in africa. And so we wound up coming to blows. She was no match. And I considered just leaving her there. But the hollows there would have simply consumed her. So I took her away. Gave her some time to recover. But well, her strange powers were...interesting. I decided to study them. Eventually, I found out she knew you, and well." She chuckled, and slowly smiled.

"By then it was a little late to just drop her off. Besides, some nosier arrancar started copying me. And went on to start kidnapping other humans. But well. I couldn't quite handle all three of them. Especially not that little girl if she was focused on me. Not only that, but they'd developed an unhealthy interest in Rita." She shook her head.

"So I needed your help. Like you've always helped me. I let you choose how it all went down. But well. I didn't quite expect you to go in with the urge to kill. As fleeting as it was." She noted calmly, reaching up, and gently setting her hand atop his head. "You can kill hollows easily enough. But if it has a face. IF it has a voice or feelings. It seems you have a much harder time." She noted calmly. She closed her eyes for a moment. No doubt he might be pretty upset with her explanation, he might even swat her hand away, but that was fine.

"You're making dangerous friends. Kenichi. You can't simply connect with everyone that comes your way. That Rita woman. She's a fool. She almost got herself killed. And she killed some of her comrades trying to harm me. She has no restraint, and for all the power she has. She has no discipline." She noted with a frown.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:39 pm

Somewhere deep within lay the urge to reprimand her. He genuinely wanted to tell her that she was wrong, that she was a madwoman. That everything she did was morally reprehensible.

To a greater extent, he didn't even know what to believe or why she would even go to the extent that she did. But, another part reminded him that he had no real place to judge her. His slumped posture didn't change much at the hand that laid atop his head. Even if he wanted to, he simply didn't have the spirit in him to swat it away.

What could he say about his order? He was the adamant party, after all. Whether or not there was truth in his words, Kenichi had vowed to take a life. And yet, he hesitated when the moment of truth was at hand. His forlorn gaze simply avoided the tall woman altogether as he replied.

"What does that make you, then, Sabre? Can you stand here and tell me you're anything but dangerous? Rita might be hot-headed, and restraint... is definitely not one of her strong-suits, but she wouldn't have did... any of this."

His eyes seem to well up as he looked at his palms. Even though he hadn't finished the duty he had set out to accomplish, it still felt as if his hands were soaked in the blood of those arrancar.

"What did you stand to gain from all of this...?"

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:13 pm

"I'm not sure...." She let her voice trail as she glanced off to the side. Slowly, they drifted to a close. "The old me would have never even gotten involved in that hole. I don't even know if I'm.....myself anymore. I'm whole again. I'm not breaking apart at the seams. But....I don't know if what's left...." She let her words die in the air as she gently tousled the man's hair. She glanced down at him and her shoulders hunched. And after a few moments....

She gently stepped in, and set her arms around his shoulders. Gently holding him as she sighed softly.

"I don't even recognize you anymore. I had ....fully expected you to just want to prioritize rescuing your boss. A skirmish, perhaps. I would have still tried to at least Maim that one trouble individual. But well." She let her arms fall to her sides.

"I didn't really gain much of anything. Your Boss's powers are....bizarre. They dont' operate on the same grounds of most abilities I've ever seen. But well. Seeing how they work didn't give me much insight as to how they worked. And here we are." She paused and trailed off.... Furrowing her brows slightly.

"I don't know what to think. But I would advise you be careful around your boss. Kenichi. She wasn't like that when I last left her. All....shaky and worn down. She'd been killing hollows for some time. But....she had been acting rather amicable when I'd spoken to her. She almost seemed...understanding. But as soon as you showed up..." She furrowed her brows. The calm in her voice slowly corroding. As she stared down at the young man, watching him as he seemed to crumble in on himself. This wasn't anything like the Kenichi she knew. This wasn't a man eager to help, eager to fight, eager to ...help. But that led to so many questions. Shouldn't this have been what she saw in him so much earlier?

"Kenichi. ....Why did you help me? For all of the things that I told you. Surely you.....knew that I was a monster. Didn't you? I was a hollow. You didn't just help me. You.....you made me what I am. Without you...I'd still be stalking cities and eating scraps. Why did you do it?" She asked quietly, her brows knit together as she spoke with earnest.....frustration. And regret.

"You could have been free of all of this. Why didn't...you just kill me when we first met? Why was I worth your time?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:56 pm

A whirlwind of emotions continued to overwhelm his mind like a hurricane from which he struggled to break free. His body was frozen solid like a hapless voyager being tossed at sea. His statuesque demeanor was a far cry from the man who wore vibrancy on his sleeves as though it were his birthright.

What could he say to that? Why had he persisted all this time to no benefit of his own? What ground did he stand on to judge her? At once, there was a part that wished to strike her where she stood, pummeling her into nothing but crimson, viscera, entrail, and spiritual ash.

At once, there was a part that decried him as a monster for housing the desire to kill what, he, through his actions, had created. Her arms slumped against his shoulder, and a damnable question rang through a curious voice. The excruciating question. The three-letter word danced from the tip of her tongue to the edge of his ears.

"It's because... I cared about you, alright? Do everyone and everything have to be some reprehensible creature I strike with my fists?"

His gaze remained distant, but his words were nothing short of genuine. Perhaps, against his better judgment, he foolishly thought she was worth caring for, that she could be reasoned with. Even if part of his mind wholeheartedly knew that... hollows weren't always the core aspect of her diet. It was a foolish reply. An answer with nothing to be gained in reply except ridicule, but even so...

"Every time we fought together, you never abandoned me. Whenever an opportunity presented itself, you stayed there until the end. You harshly reminded me of what would happen if I fell behind, and... those battles, those... adventures... brought a smile to my face. Somewhere... at the back of my mind, I knew you weren't... always eating hollows. In that alleyway, you probably would have killed me if I was weak. But I still played along."

His eyes turned back to her momentarily, his gaze an odd fusion between frustrated and conflicted. Even if he struck her, it wouldn't erase the experience, nor the sequence of events that led him here.

"That's why you were worth my time. I didn't expect you to evolve. I didn't even know Hollow could eventually turn into an arrancar. I'm just some stupid islander from Okinawa. I didn't account for that. I didn't account for this..."

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:36 pm

The man's response left her silent as she listened to him. Her eyes drifting to a close as she received, of all things: His earnest feelings. And she couldn't help but.... chuckle softly. Not cruelly. Not with any notion of disdain or pompousness. It was the soft, sad chuckle of a woman who had heard exactly what she had expected to hear.

"I ...had thought that. I thought about it. So very many times. Simply waiting until you were vulnerable and devouring you. And yet I didn't.....you were more useful to me alive. Your ...willingness to help me. To assist me in my hunts. In keeping those pieces of trash out of my territory. You never did anything but cooperate. You became.....valuable to me. Reliable. And ...even as I was coming apart. Even though there was no way you could have possibly known how to help me. I still went to you." She noted softly, closing her eyes for a moment before glancing off to the side.

"And then, I found out Rita was your boss." She smiled slowly and sighed, closing her eyes. "I'm a cruel, malicious woman. That's never been an issue before. But .... now it's hurt you as well. And I don't know what to do now."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:50 pm

Each revelation brought a greater sense of conflict that cut against his soul like a sharp blade. Being told that he was valuable to her, that he meant something, was strangely... comforting? Comfort? From her? This woman should be his enemy. Positioned as closely as she was to him, like this, there were several opportunities to take advantage and strike. Yet, he hardly moved an inch. Had it been the seemingly genuine words? The total lack of hostility? Unwilling architect though he was, he had assisted her until she reached this... state.

"It doesn't have to be that way. You... don't have to be cruel and malicious. I... I can help you."

In what was perhaps a foolish act on his part, he tiredly embraced her. Between the urge to exact revenge and the desire to be merciful, mercy eventually proved the greater of the two. He knew that no one else could reasonably excuse her actions right, knew that he would have to go to great lengths to fix everything in the aftermath, but he still had an odd sense of responsibility toward her.

Maybe he was just tired. Maybe he didn't even have the energy in him to be upset, but he... didn't want this. Some idiotic part of his mind thought she was worth salvation in spite of her detestable actions.

"If you don't know what to do, I'll help you. Just... please. I don't want you to hurt me again. I don't want to be forced into a position where I'd... have to fight you. There's a better way to handle things, but not like this. Not this way, Sabre...'

What was he thinking, truly?

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:51 pm

She gently let her arms rest around him, reciprocating the embrace as she listened. A small little smile forming on her lips as she sighed. "You really can't help it. Even now you want to help me..." She noted quietly. And she felt a pang of guilt at that. One she'd felt ....strangely, before. Even as a hollow, she could never understandin his willingness.

"Ken...I...." She held her tongue. Truth be told, she HAD been attempting to help him before. She had hoped that a heroic sense of purpose might make this all go swell. She'd expected him to beat down the arrancar and then that would be that. But what on earth had sparked such a visceral reaction? Why HAD he gone for murder? IT felt so very unlike him.

She had let it go forward, to see what it was he'd decide to do. But that had only affirmed her suspicions. HE wasn't a killer, which meant that someone else was putting those ideas in his head. And for a moment, she let her thoughts drift back to that woman. Remembering the calm, placid conversation they had had. She'd almost seemed CONTENT in the Menos Forest. Quite a ways in at that. She'd been providing the woman food, even conversation. And in just a few days, she'd gone from that, to a whimpering lump? Something didn't add up.

But, pointing that out would only upset Kenichi. The encounter with the arrancar only affirmed that.

"There's ... a few things we need to look into. Kenichi. I ....want you to keep an eye on your Boss. During her captivity, she was ....oddly lax. She was tired, certainly, from fighting hollows. But she had seemed practically at home. She got a bit angry, but when I had explained that I could have just left her to die, she had even apologized for being so aggressive toward me. That wasn't very far from when I brought you..." She murmured softly, furrowing her brows.

"But I don't imagine showing up and confronting her will do much in her ....apparent current state." She murmured quietly. Truth be told, she was suspicious. But well, she couldn't show that much to Kenichi. So she colored it as concern. It was, after all, possible that something had gotten to her in the forest and caused such a shift. But not many things could slip through her notice. For now, she just needed information.

"As for... the rest. If..... you think you can help. I won't turn you down. Ken." She noted softly, but furrowed her brows. "But for now, there are a lot of things in motion. The response from the Gotei at Africa. It's been increasing in intensity. If your Boss gets involved again, had she fought someone other than me. She'd likely have simply been killed. I want you to keep her away from that hole if you can. Understand? We'll...have to handle the rest as we go." She assured him, sighing a bit. She'd had to crouch down to properly hug the man, and now she stood back up,

"We'll have to start our training again." She noted softly. "But that will be later. For now, I just want you to rest, and take care of your boss. Alright?" Honestly she probably shouldn't be thew one calling the shots. But if nothing else, that fiasco in the forest had proven that Kenichi still needed direction. She frankly had as much an idea of where to go from here as he, but if it meant shouldering the burden of decision, that was fine.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum