Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Empty Re: Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra]

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:05 pm
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 W12oBTL

"Catherine Reed"

Channel a Cero.. Through her arm? It wasn't like her body wasn't accustomed to having hollow energy interact with it, but she felt her hesitations in doing that... But it was in the name of research, and she knew Ulquiorra wasn't stupid enough to burn her arm to shit or anything. Still, she'd offer her subdominant right hand, a show of some faith but a lack in trust for it working out.

"Okay, noted." She'd nod, "I'm ready when you are."

END | A Glimmer of Sunlight
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Empty Re: Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra]

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:35 pm
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 HEAD_0342-017-CUT-cutout

" Is that so? I see." The arrancar murmured as she was offered the arm. Glancing up at Catherine. As if to give her a look of acknowledgement, before she shifted on the bed.Scooting in besides and slightly behind the woman as she promptly guided the woman's hand, and manipulated their fingers. Until Catherine had her hand mostly closed save for an extended finger. One pointed out toward the window. As Ulquiorra then gently let her hand rest on Catherine's forearm.

"There's a number of ways that Cero can be used. But the most basic principle isn't hard to work with." She murmured softly, as she poured spiritual energy into the arm itself. Energy which then spilled out slightly, coiling at the very tip of Catherine's finger. And much to her promise, there would not be the slightest discomfort as that power surged and collected, swelling in size as Catherine would feel it. The sensation of a full Cero budding at the tip of her finger, that whine kicking up before it simply vanished entirely. Spilling into the ambient air before it was drawn back into Ulquiorra's body.

Naturally she wouldn't simply fire it. Much less even put proper combat levels of energy into it. What was important was that Catherine feel what it was like, after all.

"Truth be told. I'm not sure why you're fixated on Cero. Your own version would be just a servicable. When it comes to expelling spiritual energy. But far be it from me to dissuade you." She stated calmly enough, pulling away so that Catherine would once again have the space she preferred.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:03 pm

"Catherine Reed"

All this repositioning felt annoying to do, but she went along with it - whatever got her closer to having what the ghostly Arrancar wanted her to experience. Just a finger, huh? She recalled that was how she fired Ceros, and the entire assortment of ways she had heard or seen that kind execute the move, sometimes she wondered if the conduit mattered in terms of potency, or if having a conduit at all was the only requirement.

But, here it came, she tensed with a sense of bracing; just because she was told it wouldn't be painful nor uncomfortable, didn't mean her entire self fully believed in that. Instinctively stiffening, she'd only relax when her body realized that it didn't hurt, feeling more like cold river water running down her arm than something searing her flesh. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to feel the motion, she wanted it to be marked in her mind - Ceros were an instinctive ability rather than an intellectually acquired one, if the sensation of using one didn't get baked into her it'd be a lot harder to understand it.

It still felt.. Weird, to her. In a way she couldn't quite touch with words, but the closest she could feel it out to be was... As if it were something natural inside of her, something that had yet to unfurl it's wings.

"..My own version?" She'd ask with a raise of the brow, "Like, me making one? You think that's possible.. Well, I guess so, it's not like forming hollow abilities is weird to me. Maybe it could be, but that's tough to really figure out... I only could practice stuff similar to Pesquisa or applying acidic energy to stuff coz.. Well, the first thing was a lot like meditation, it wasn't hard to learn how to do it. Anything else mostly came up in the heat of the moment that I kept up with refining afterwards."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:05 pm

They seemed attentive enough. she imagined that it would be an alien and foreign sensation to be sure, after all the flooding of energy that wasn't her own even of the same species would be odd. All the same, she laid back on the bed as Catherine seemed to ponder the experience, Ulquiorra herself tucking a towel behind her head, her hair still wet after all, and closed her eyes as she took a moment to think.

"Expelling spiritual energy is not something that is necessary solely in the form of a cero. I imagine that it would not be particularly difficult to find some means of firing energy outside of it. Shinigami manage such a thing with spells or Hakuda in some cases. Some humans groups even manage some semblance of it." She stated simply. She opened one of her eyes and glanced back to Catherine, and then to the jewelry on her ankle.

"Have you made anything for yourself?"
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:29 pm

"Catherine Reed"

There was some want to explain that most people couldn't just blast stuff out of their fingertips, but she held her tongue. Theoretically she was correct, but that was only in possibility. All she did was shrug and say, "Yeah, I guess so."

Eyes followed Ulqi's own as she asked her question, a soft exhale escaping her, "Outside of practicing techniques for studies, no I don't make jewelry for myself."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:34 pm

It didn't take much to make note of the telling little silence in response to her. She didn't make further comment in regards to it.

Like many ideas in Catherine's head, she didn't seem to be open to alternatives. But she supposed that was just her. She moved to the edge of the bed and stood up, making her way toward her Mirror and reaching up to gently smooth her hair and start to pull it up into it's usual ponytail. Even so, she could still see Catherine in her peripheral.

"You should. It's natural for humans to distinguish themselves, is it not? Whether as a matter of display, or as a means of representing something important to them. " She paused, turning her head to survey her work before turning to look at the woman directly, making her way back to where they were sitting, those piercing eyes seeming to bore into the woman. "If nothing else, humans enjoy looking nice, even if they don't expect to be seen."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:05 am

"Catherine Reed"

Bringing her hair from her face and neatly behind her ears, she contemplated the question a little further internally before refusing it. No, the only piece of jewelry she owned... It wasn't meant to be shown. She hated wearing jewelry to begin with; if she wanted something to stand out her hair did that for her just fine, to her chagrin. Although she considered dying it a few times just to further distance herself from attention, she couldn't bring herself to trash her hair up again.

There she was again, giving her a little push to the contrary. It was just girl talk, it wasn't anything to be offended by and she had some faith that Ulquiorra meant well, she was the one actively trying to make nice with people.

"I look nice enough, a little too much for my own good if you ask me," She'd lie back in the bed with her feet dangling off, "I don't need jewelry prettying me up."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:12 am
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 HEADER_0229-005

"Jewelry is more than being pretty." She stated calmly, glancing down to the bracelet that dangled about her ankle. "Such adornments have all kinds of meanings. Belonging to a particular group. To show connection with another human. A sign of a vow to keep one's self pure. Identifying their sexuality. ANd even in memory of others." She noted quietly. All things that she had, previously, considered inane. And perhaps they still were.

"You make Jewelry. If nothing else, you should at least understand the appeal." She reasoned pointedly.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:18 am

"Catherine Reed"

Her nose scrunched a tad, eyes averted from her acquaintance, "I know the appeal, haven't you considered that maybe I don't want to identify with any of that?"

Coming onto her side, her mess of hair would drape the sheets, "If other people want me to make it for them, fine that's all just naming a price and giving a direction. Me? I don't want what it brings to me. While I definitely can deal with sleazy guys on the street, I just found it better to not do anything to attract that kind of attention."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:27 am
Good Tidings [Catherine, Ulquiorra] - Page 2 HEADER_0229-005

"Oh? Then perhaps you could simply use something that identifies you as being uninterested in Men. Or others in general. what do they call it. Ace? And there are plenty of decor that wards others from speaking to you. Prickly things. Piercings and the like. Even the message you seek to convey is something that could be assisted." She noted, before sitting herself down beside the human.

Of course, ultimately it didn't matter. But there was the fact that they were ....close? Catherine always asserted that their connection was rather loose. At least outside of her moments of more honest mutterings when she was drunk enough. But well, surely this was something to strive for. To establish that they were, in some way, friends. Was it not? To identify this problem that Catherine was having.

How many times had they had this very conversation when Catherine was drunk, after all? It was something that was a problem, something that harried the woman. "So, if I were to give you some as a gift. You wouldn't wear it?" She ventured calmly.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum