Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel)

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:26 pm
Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 SsMLBbB

SABRIEL VENTRESS

“Slaves is a rather strong term but I confess that I have a few special individuals who keep me company in Hueco Mundo.” Sabriel answered casually, shrugging her shoulders a touch. “I must admit that you shrugged off my ability rather well though, better than most that I come across. The majority of my talents work in a similar way although it is not always the mind that is the target. Sometimes the heart and soul can be attacked as well. I confess that in terms of pure destruction, I am not one of the most powerful but when it comes to a little crowd control, I am rather good at that.”

She was rather curious about the redheaded woman at this point and as Sabriel fell silent briefly, the Arrancar would muse in her mind instead. The woman before her actually reminded her of someone else, a fellow Arrancar that the dark haired woman had met in the US. Sabriel just hoped that the researcher before her had a little more personality than Verdada, who was about as charismatic as a brick wall.

“I am Sabriel, by the way, Sabriel Ventress. I think we forgot about introductions at the start.” She uttered with a slight smile. That happened far too often with her.

DEVILISH DESIRES

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel)

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:07 pm
Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 QMnzOTa

"Catherine Reed"

Furious writing moved her pen across the page despite her composed expression. It felt like she had to write it down as quickly as possible as not to forget a detail or so, as if to be capturing a fleeting dream slipping through her fingers like hourglass sand. The words coming out of the Arrancar's mouth were noted yet secondary to Catherine's own writing of practically an essay as she had to switch to a clean page twice before she seemed to find any relief in what she put down.

Her heart still beat in her chest, the lingering sensations of yearning quickly quashed by sense and self. There wasn't much enjoyment in feeling like she just woke up, but she'd roll with it - that was just how it worked.

"Catherine Reed," She'd sigh in response, "I'm not often one to introduce myself first. But, your account on your ability does add up. You sure you aren't working for anyone with something like that under your sleeve?"

END | A Glimmer of Sunlight
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 pm

SABRIEL VENTRESS

That was an interesting question and Sabriel cocked a brow one more time as she pondered a response. Did Catherine believe that she was a mercenary or something? Curious. It was only after a few more moments of thought that she seemed to twig to just who the red headed woman might be referring to. It would all make sense if it was him and a smile crossed her features once more.

“I do not think that employer is quite the right word but there is a fellow I know who has rather ambitious plans. I met him in Japan and we had quite the stimulating conversation about more than a few different subjects. He is a rather curious man and seeks to cause quite a lot of harm, both to this realm and others. Would that describe the kind of person you are asking about?”

She was being deliberately coy, mostly for her own amusement more than anything. This woman was a curious soul and Sabriel could not help but ask. “No after effects from my spell, I take it?”

DEVILISH DESIRES

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Mind Games (Catherine, Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:59 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Her pen stopped, gaze tearing from the page she had gotten back to writing on a moment ago with the mention of some elusive man with some grand plans, apparently. Unless she was working for him, employer definitely wasn't the right word, but her interest was piqued,

"That so?" She'd coolly ask, her interest in the subject obvious but reserved, "Quite the interesting person you came across. What sort of plan is this?"

She wondered if this was another building scenario like the accounts of over one-hundred years ago covered, if it was so the Gotei were useless just as normal. Not that she expected them to step in unless casualties hit some arbitrary apex anyhow, and even if it wasn't her problem nor concern to stop or help, she was interested in what this Arrancar knew.

"No, none." She hadn't entirely shaken it off, it'd probably be another minute or so - she had guessed she was at the cusp of it working but had successfully pushed it away, but she wouldn't let this woman know.

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:36 pm

SABRIEL VENTRESS

It appeared that Sabriel had managed to attract the attention of the researcher with her speech and that had a rather unusual effect on the Arrancar. Desire was her aspect and there was a part of her which wished to fulfil that of the woman before her. She wished for knowledge that the dark haired woman possessed and yet it may interfere with the desires of another. Such quandaries happened from time to time and while they were rather difficult to work around, Sabriel had to admit that the balancing act was also an enjoyable challenge at the same time.

“He has his eyes set on a particular country, one that he wishes to strike rather firmly. I suppose you could say that he wants to shake up the order of things somewhat, while also claiming said land for himself. A first step, before he sets his sights on a far tougher target, one that I confess that I am quite looking forward to helping him with. We share a dislike for said group and while our reasons differ, I can understand his hatred.”

In a way, Sabriel was rather frustrated with how vague she was being but in her mind, the Arrancar was attempting to satiate two desires at the same time. Both Catherine and the man she was talking about.

DEVILISH DESIRES

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Now that sounded familiar to a job proposal she turned down recently. To call her soft was a mistake - she was a beast hunter, not a country crumbler, if it didn't involve the slaying of malignant or otherwise supernatural entities, it wasn't on her radar. However, she did notice this one's reluctance to give a name or specifics, it did give the impression she wanted it both ways - her question answered yet this person hidden away, but she saw how frustrated that made the Arrancar, even if she tucked it behind a smile like that.

"Well, I don't see why you'd want to help out with something like that. Sounds like a quick way to get the chodes in cloaks on your ass and your little desires winked out with a sword to the chest," A tilt of the head as she'd casually dismiss the idea, "I hate those clods too, but screwing around with people? Bad idea. Shinigami like their aimless cattle untouched and living as long as convenient. You sure you'd want to risk getting a bullseye on your back?"

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:17 am

SABRIEL VENTRESS

“You make a fair point and as I said to him, if the time comes where I encounter someone with ambition equal to his own, then I may not continue to work with him. Friendship and loyalty are not concepts that I consider too much when making a decision. I balance the desires of both parties and align myself with the one which is greater. If the Gotei wiped out his forces and I found myself exposed, I would certainly not fight to the death for him. The moment I believe that his desires are incapable of becoming reality, I will turn.”

She felt it was a truthful enough answer and would hopefully aid Catherine in understanding her point of view somewhat. To tell the redhead nothing would bring Sabriel nothing but unhappiness after all.

Curious, she would raise an eyebrow and ask in return. “You said that you do not like the Gotei yourself? Why would that be? Have they caused you issues in the past?”

DEVILISH DESIRES

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:39 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Quite the wishy-washy way to determine one's alignment, but she definitely knew the tune of bailing if things got too hot. Sometimes your boss or coworker did something that got so much smoke up their ass it was only better to abandon ship before you got burned, it was a well practiced thing in her history and it kept her out of any long term problems. Though that little drive to appeal to as much desire as possible just sounded like some form of Arrancar hangup - that was definitely noted as she marred yet another two clean pages full of notes and rough sketches.

"Alright alright, I got you, I definitely get your routine," She'd say with a stretch, "Though, I do feel like it'd be a waste of your potential if you got caught. So definitely be cautious - those dunderheads are motivated by any interruptions to their little 'system' and are willing to cross out any and all interferences."

Grinning and leaning back in her seat, she was attentive to the arrancar's question, "Oooh, you could say that. They're a loathsome bunch of slobs butting their heads into shit they shouldn't be involved in and I think their so called dedication to their 'job' is a load of crock. Balance shmalance when you suck at it so much. I've seen those rats run peeing and crying from half the hollows I crush. Useless."

Her arm hung over the back of the chair, her gaze was off elsewhere, "..Bunch of no-good cowards lording over me."

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:42 pm

SABRIEL VENTRESS

Honestly, the Arrancar was surprised that the researcher would show any real concern for her but that did not mean that she did not appreciate it. Catherine spoke from experience or at least seemed to and Sabriel could respect that. Truthfully, the dark haired woman already had a suspicion that her allies plan would no doubt fail in the end. Yes, she desired that he would be successful but an Arrancar did not live as long as Sabriel without knowing when a cause was more than likely a hopeless one. It was a difficult spot but as always, she would adapt.

Sabriel had to laugh when the redhead answered her questions regarding the Gotei. It was a response that spoke volumes and it was not all that long before the Arrancar nodded. “I could not agree with you more and I suppose that is another reason why I am involved in this plot. A chance to stick it to the Shinigami is always an enjoyable one. They talk an awfully grand game but are quick to fold when things get tough. I can understand your distaste for them and I am certain that there are an awful lot of individuals who would agree, both human and Arrancar. The more they involve themselves, the more incompetent they reveal themselves to be.”

Seeing a gorgeous woman in a kimono was always a pleasure though. A thought that Sabriel again kept to herself.

DEVILISH DESIRES

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:57 pm

"Catherine Reed"

"Can't say they're completely useless. Even I can't deny they did good work clearing the way for me to conduct a little research trip." With a sly grin, her crossed legs would shuffle, switching which was atop the other as her boots clicked on the ground beneath, "My boss wouldn't be happy with me going off the radar for a sec, but he can shut his lousy rotting trap. Was considering hiring some folks for backup - I do like working alone, but that hole's uncharted territory, only a moron would go down there on their own with probably hundreds of titans down there."

Arms crossed, she'd look at the other party with an annoyed expression, "I did the measurements, off of the hole itself and the reported size of the big fella that collapsed in on himself. Whatever's down below is way bigger than I thought... But hey, if you survive your little trip you could come along; if your power works on randoms on the streets, it'd be a real help in probably a land chock full of stupid animals."

A business card was produced between two fingers, placing it in front of the Arrancar, "Don't, mind the name. It's just a pseudonym, but it is my contact info."

A white card with a rather nice font was visible, bold letters printing out ULBERG ARMS & INNOVATION - ADRIAN ANDERSSON alongside her contact information neatly printed at the bottom in a smaller print.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum