Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] Left_bar_bleue0/0Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] Empty Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre]

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 pm
Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] G4z9cxmgmm7

The staring made her miss Brazil.

At least there humans were so focused on drowning their woes in sin they barely spared her a glance. Self consciousness stung her every step, and their collective gaze was a mesh of pinpricks on her mind.

But she pushed through them all the same. Strength in her stride as she walked.

She had considered it. The promise of freedom and ease of mind in the world Lianne had proposed to her. How easy it would have been to simply sink into the water. To let human sin carry her from her troubles.

But she couldn’t. The notion of letting her mind drift, maybe even fracture further, it was unacceptable. There was only one thing that she could trust. Even if thay very thing was the source of her worries. It was all she had.

So she closed in on Kenichi’s spiritual pressure. Intent on speaking with him.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] Left_bar_bleue0/0Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre] Empty Re: Quiet Waters [Kenichi, Sabre]

Wed May 01, 2024 4:56 pm

KENICHI MURATA | RELENTLESS DRAGON

"Ha, and there's my sixth drink in a row! I'm getting the hang of this alcohol business! It's probably not wise to go any further, though, right? I might pass out and end up somewhere I shouldn't be."

Somewhere he shouldn't be. That's right. Wasn't that why he was engaged to a woman he hardly knew outside of a few days here? Well, he didn't find any issue with it. At least, he didn't think there should be a problem with it. Although this was a significant divorce from how he typically handled his problems in life, he enjoyed washing his hands of any responsibility for a change. Beyond feeling out of place now and then, it was nice here. There were exciting men and women who enjoyed partying with him, hyped him up as some great guy they could hang around and interact with until the sun rose.

What was there to complain about? Everyone here had his best interest in mind, so what was there to complain about? Nothing. He grinned to himself as he straightened his clothes and departed from the bar in search of something else.... until he felt an approaching spiritual pressure closing in on him. Oh, he knew this one from anywhere! As clear as day even! Sabre?

What was she doing here? Had the presence of other arrancar attracted her to this place? Was she looking for a good vacation spot... or had she followed him here? Psh, did it really matter? She was here now and it was time to greet her accordingly. Turning to face her with a grin, his features somewhat disheveled, Kenichi waved his hand up at the woman who stood over him. He took care not to look to unpresentable, though. Moving his hair around a little and straightening his clothes. Alright, now he could properly say hello.

"Sabre! I didn't expect to see you! What brings you here? Enjoying a vacation of your own... or was it the presence of other Arrancar that brought you here?"

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 01, 2024 5:43 pm

Sabre stared for a moment as she closed in on where the young man was and furrowed her brows when she scent of alcohol hit her. And she ....couldn't help but be immediately tensed. No.... no this wouldn't do in the slightest. For a moment she was briefly stunned, but after a few seconds, as Kenichi greeted her, she narrowed her eyes.

He wasn't all the way gone. Not yet. But she could tell he was plenty of drinks in. He wasn't in his right mind, and she furrowed her brows.

Rather than answer him, she grabbed him by the back of his shift, and lifted him clean off the ground. By the time anyone around him could so much as blink, the incredibly fast Arrancar had vanished with a crackle, sonido launching her away from the spot as she promptly spirited him away. The air around them swallowed up, the light fading as darkness enveloped them, and Kenichi would find himself being pulled into a familiar space.

The garganta. She couldn't move far. She wasn't so fast that she could just take him someplace else entirely. But after a few moments, they were spat back out into the world of the living, Sabre landing on the edge of the beach, a sigh escaping her as she promptly deposited Kenichi onto the beach, and peeled a canteen from her waist. Dropping it next to the no-doubt confused man as she glanced toward the sinking sun. A mental note of the time, as she turned back to the young man expectantly. Waiting for him to drink the water.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 01, 2024 6:31 pm

"H-hey! Where are we going all of a sudd-"

It wasn't a difficult task to secure the man by his shirt. His reflexes were sort of compromised at the moment, which made traveling from Point A to Point B relatively easy. Now, he found himself tossed out on another part of the beach where there was no one to interrupt them. Confusion definitely fit his expression at the moment, but he didn't get the idea she was upset with him. At least he hoped that wasn't the case. Looking at the canteen for a moment, he nodded his head and grabbed it, drinking the water to slowly but surely wash away whatever buzz had been threatening to set in. He was of able mind to host a conversation now without looking like a bumbling idiot in front of her.

He supposed that was her intention, and if it was something important, he would've felt pretty awful if he forgot about it because he was under the influence. Okay, he took a few deep breaths, consumed the remaining few sips, and slapped himself across the face in comical fashion. Sheepishly rubbing the back of his head, he handed the canteen back to her as he curiously glanced back at her?

"Sorry about that... uh... haha, I partied with some of the people on this island... and got pretty close to getting drunk. Hopefully, that didn't make you upset or anything. Still, I... didn't expect to see you here. What's up? Something on your mind?"

At the end of the day, he still genuinely cared about her. Even now, he wanted her to thrive and assist her whenever she needed. His only question now was... what did she want to speak about? And why had she come here of all places?

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 pm

She didn't look his way. not quite yet. Her eyes set on the horizon as she waited for him to hydrate himself. Her thoughts for a moment lost to her as she closed her eyes and simply listened to his voice.

What a terrifying creature.

That listening to him could so easily empty her thoughts and leave the raging seas of her emotions a soft and tranquil pond. Once he'd drank most of the canteen, no doubt a fair few minutes later. And no doubt after he'd awkwardly attempted to fill the silence with a few more murmurs, she would eventually respond.

"Trusting others is foolish in the world of hollows." She turned to glance in his direction, those blood-red eyes surprisingly soft, as was her voice as she entirely ignored his own words in favor of what she was saying. What she NEEDED to say. "It takes a lot for a hollow to trust. One can so easily become food, especially if one of you is significantly stronger than the other. You saw that well enough. How so many of my meals were my fellow hollows. Chaff that needed to be reaped, all so that I could feel safe." She closed her eyes and thought back, remembering their hunts.

"When I changed. I was terrified. I could feel things about me slipping away. My thoughts. My caution. Those precious things that made me feel secure were splintering and falling to pieces. And some of them, I don't know if they ever returned." She let her arms gently slide down over her knees. Staring at the sunset as she felt her throat tighten slightly. But perhaps the old her would have left it at that, or found another direction to take this. But this had been on her mind for far too long.

"And yet. When I was falling apart, I instinctively went to you." She glanced toward the young man, and could not help herself. She didn't just see Kenichi beside her, sipping from her canteen to sober himself up. She also saw that naive young man willing to be lured into an alley by some invisible monster.

She saw the warrior willing to hunt hollows by her side.

She saw a guardian that followed her into the forest of the menos, when there was no benefit to him in the slightest.

She saw the same eyes that had bled sincerity and worry when she had begun to fall apart. A creature breaking from her own hubris, whom had ventured into waters too deep. Drowning because of her own foolishness. And thou her claws were sharp, and her bulk more than enough to drag him in with her.

All the same, he had held his hand out to her.

"I should have just killed that friend of yours, it would have saved me such a headache. It's what the old me would have done, its what any sensible hollow would do. But when I knew that she was your boss. Suddenly everything was different. Of all things... I was shocked by what I had been doing. And I thought to myself....what you would think if you saw what I'd done. What I was doing." She slowly let her chin sink against her forearms as she stared out across the water. Thinking as much about the words coming from her mouth as she was sure he was.

" Have you any idea what you've done to me, Boy?" She asked quietly.

He wasn't meant to answer the question, and she didn't give him a chance to. She stood up, freeing herself from the sand as she turned and looked him in the eye.
Not as some foolish human.
Not as some gullible warrior.
Not as some convenient guardian.
But as a man.

Perhaps...it would have been more impactful if she stayed quiet. If she let him guess. But he was always just a little dense. And so that giant of a woman leaned down, lowering herself down to his level. Until her forehead gently touched with his, and her eyes sought his own.

"I'm saying...... that I love you."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 07, 2024 11:31 pm

"..."

Speechless. Quite simply, there were no words with which he could offer a meaningful response. His words were rendered null the moment she opened her mouth. What was there to say? What could he say? What did he want to say? Here he was, a mess of a man at the moment, someone who was slowly but surely feeling like something closer to a shell of his former self, faced with a woman who hit him with a revelation that cut through his soul like an executioner's blade. Her head pressed gently against his own. There was no humor in her expression. I love you. Three words from the heart.

Those three words turned his current state of mind on its head. After all, he had never thought he crossed her mind to that extent, possessed wholly of the belief that he was a nuisance, that through his assistance he had unintentionally doomed her by fighting alongside her during her hunts. In his mind, each of those feasts had warped her, altered her mind in a way he couldn't quite grasp as a human.

Even so, he still felt he owed it to her to help her, to assist her wherever she needed. After everything they've been through, he was still here. She had given him a route to escape, surely. That moment where he rescued his boss only to learn that she was the culprit certainly could've been the end. He had every right to be angry, to wash his hands clean, and tell her he never wanted to see her again, but he persisted. In his stubborn mind, he thought she deserved another chance.

To his genuine surprise, she rose to the challenge. She stood before his friend and revealed everything, speaking at length about how she wished to amend things because of the impact he had on her life. When it was time to answer, she stood strong. She faced the challenge despite how much it might well have gone against her nature. He came to admire that about her. And though he certainly wouldn't have said it aloud - she had evolved into an undeniably attractive woman. Above all, she rose to her challenge.

What had he done? What was he doing? When he couldn't accept his current state of affairs or address his feelings properly, he simply vanished. He came here to wash away his troubles in an unfamiliar environment with unfamiliar people. Nothing felt ideal. Everything felt imbalanced. Even so, he stayed here in the belief that it would correct itself. Now, here he was, face to face with Sabre expressing her true feelings. Without water, he shuddered at how foolish he might've looked.

...Everything felt like it was slowly but surely spiraling out of control. And it was his fault. His eyes grew wet with tears, and his face turned to the ground, unable to face her directly.

"What's there to love about an idiot like me...? You've done so much to change. Even if it might have gone against your pride, you stayed true to your word. Don't you see how much of a mess I am right now? When you stepped up, I stepped away. I've been here... with these people. Isolating myself away from the people I know. You should be ridiculing me right now. Telling me how stupid I look.That I've been nothing but a nuisance to you.."

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 08, 2024 12:03 am

She understood that this was a heavy matter. It was for her. Being ...over analytical about his own situation was certainly a means of distracting herself from the feelings she herself was experiencing. She listened as he withdrew into himself. Uncertainty she did not truly remember being within him. That was, perhaps her fault. She'd given him plenty of reason to doubt himself.

"And yet. If I needed you, at this very moment. I know that you would drop all of this at your side and come to help me. You are someone that I can trust. That I have trusted...." She allowed her voice to trail, and she slowly stood up.

"I'm not demanding anything of you. I've already caused you plenty of trouble. I'm not looking for your reciprocation. Your devotion. I'm not so insipid to ask you to be mine." She gently folded her arms over her chest. Much as she might want to. She turned to glance over the water and fell silent, thinking for a moment of the path that had led them to this. "If you like, I can take you back to your party. And you can forget I have said any of this."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:31 pm

"How can I forget something like that..."

He voiced that question to himself, muttering the words under his lips. His eyes turned in the distance. That was a realistic option here. He could tell her to take him back and treat this as if it never happened. He could resume whatever section of his life he currently found himself in and act as though none of what she said ever crossed his mind. She reminded him that she had that right, acknowledged that she had some hand in his circumstances, but here she was. It probably took everything she had to reveal her feelings, and here he was, rambling on about things that he wholeheartedly knows she likely can't comprehend.

For his sake, she was willing to act as though her confession was meaningless in the grand scheme. And he wondered how painful that might have been. To announce your feelings and lock them away without a second thought. Exhaling loudly, momentarily turned away. In the next moment, he smacked his face with such resounding force that it wouldn't be difficult for the tall woman to hear it. When he turned back, there was a noticeable palm mark on his face. It would have been easy to act like this never happened, but that wasn't the reality of the situation... and he didn't want it to be. Slowly but surely, he walked toward her.

"Of course I would. You've come to mean more to me than you can imagine. Sure, you've caused me trouble. I can't deny that, but you've done so much better since then. Trouble this, trouble that. Cut it out. I don't want to hear that. Not when you're improving each day since then."

Without hesitation, in his own characteristic fashion, he hugged the woman's hip as he chuckled sheepishly. Sheesh, he hadn't really realized the size difference until now. He felt somewhat small being near her, but he didn't care about that. Sighing softly, he posed but a single question, a small shade of red playing across his features.

"Sabre... can we go somewhere else? Away from the resort? I... don't want to go back. Not right now. I want to spend time with you."

They probably wouldn't notice he was gone, anyway. Was it a heavy thing to throw on him out of nowhere? Sure, but there was never a perfect time for love confessions. Was he still out of sorts? NO doubt, but that was his own cross to bear. It had nothing to do with her.

END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 pm

She raised a brow as he struck himself. Watching, with perhaps more apprehension than she might have expected. But all the same, when he moved in and wrapped his arms around her hip. She blinked in surprise, and felt her face warm. Reaching down she gently let her hand rest on his head, and looked off to the side, clearing her throat for a few seconds before perking up at his request. She was siletn for a few seconds... before a gentle smile showed on her face.

He hadn't explicitly said anything. But... he hadn't said no. And that was enough for the time being.

"Of course." She noted softly, her free hand shifting to peel open the veil of the garganta, and she led him into the soft sigh of nothingness, leaving the resort behind them as she brought him to someplace secluded. It would be a trip, but one well worth the walk. Taking him to her old territory, where they could be alone.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 11, 2024 9:02 pm

The gentle pat on his head felt nice. Being close to her like this... felt nice. It felt warm. It felt familiar. Of course, he couldn't remain there forever, and once the Garganta opened, he followed the woman along as he walked beside her. Whether the trip was long or short-lived, it allowed him to regain his composure and speak his thoughts.

For him, that was enough. Once they arrived, he took a deep breath to soak in the familiar air of his surroundings. This was where it all began, wasn't it? There were so many things to talk about, but he didn't really intend to leave her hanging on an answer. Which one was better? Tell her what he'd ended up in or reveal his feelings?

"I'd ask how you ended up at that resort, but that's not important right now. I also want to know how you've been, but then I guess that isn't the subject to go with here, either...."

Scratching his head for a moment, he chuckled sheepishly until he gave up on trying to think of a proper way to voice his thoughts. He simply spoke the first words that came to his mind. That was who he was at heart, after all. Circumstances were less than ideal, but for something like this, there never was an ideal moment.

"Sabre, I never got to tell you how happy you've made me now, how proud I am to know you. Each effort, each attempt, all for my sake... and it's all been genuine. I can't overstate how much joy that's brought me." His hazel gaze looked to the moon for a moment, as he reflected on everything that led them here. There were terrifying times, and yet... there were good times. Memories he wouldn't exchange despite what he had endured.

"At times, I genuinely thought... I doomed you in a way. All those hunts, all those times I helped you so you could eat hollows and I could protect civilians. When I noticed those subtle changes, when I saw you becoming something else altogether, I... thought I was the one to blame. I thought; "Maybe if we avoided each other that day, she would've been better off." "

Gazing up at the woman, he reached out to grab at her hand. He didn't want her to suddenly vanish or anything, as childish as that sounded in his head. It was just that... right now... she was the best thing in existence right now in his eyes, and those words she uttered moments ago still lingered in his mind, filling his cheeks with a shade of crimson. Why did it feel like his heart was beating a little faster now?

"And there was... an opportunity for you to run away. After our incident in Hueco Mundo, I wouldn't have blamed you, as much as I know it would have hurt. Yet, you still came to see me. I could have turned you away, too, but... I didn't. I was stubborn even in my weakest moment. I wanted to believe that you were still worth saving. Even though you say you've caused me plenty of trouble, you've done everything in your power to show me that I made the right choice. To me, that's been as great a symbol of devotion as any."

Turning his head to the side, hiding his expression, he thought of how to frame his words, how to avoid sounding like an idiot. At the very least, he thanked the heavens that he was fully sober, otherwise, he'd never forgive himself. Turning back to face her, he took a moment to gather himself before speaking again.

"And I can't imagine letting someone like that get away from me. I won't be an idiot and say the past doesn't matter, and I'm sure... I still haven't forgiven myself for everything that transpired, but... I know I can't imagine a day without you in my life now, Sabre. You don't need to tell me to be yours. I'll go ahead and be the demanding one... and ask you to be mine. Ah, well, no! Uh, I'll ask you to be mine!"

Even with his best efforts, he still slipped up. He truly was terrible at this.

END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum