Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Character Influences? Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Character Influences? Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Character Influences? Empty Character Influences?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 pm
Character Influences? Dead_scythe_and_dead_master

Character influence
This thread is going to be about what types of series, characters, people, events or whatever else have you that influences certain characters. For me? I'm going to start off with Mana and probably get into other characters later on in the thread. That's because, at this present moment, Mana is greatly driving my role playing muse pretty hard and she's had a few influences recently and over time that has effected the way I've role played her, designed her and ultimately crafted her application.

At the moment, The Hellsing Ultimate OVA has had a definite influence on Mana. The soundtrack, characters and some powers have given me a source of mojo in order to work with her. So, from the series itself, Mana has had influence from Alucard, Seras, The Major, Walter and Alexander in terms of some powers, how she leads Shadow Fall, overall objectives and some personality traits.

In addition to that, for obvious reasons, she has also been influenced by the Black Rock Shooter series. From The OVA, to the Manga series, to Huke's designs and so on. This has played a great role in giving me motivation/fuel in order to shape her history by, some of her character designs, personality and emulating it in a way that is unique to me and not some lazy rip-off when people take FC's from certain series. It's also conjured up quite a few cool weapons I'm working on for Mana as well.

Another influence has been the Koishi Komeiji's Heart Throbbing Adventure Series I've been keeping track of. The soundtrack, the storyline, the backgrounds and characters have inspired some of Mana's history, the multiple Mana situation (Demon Mana, Original Mana, Human Mana, Angel Mana and etc) into her character, a few of her powers/abilities and has given me a source of mojo when watching it on my computer.

And, I'm not sure how I could forget, but Xionic Madness also played a major factor into Mana's character. I've really gotten influences from Kary 08 in terms of some idea's for Mana's powers, some concepts for Mana's personality and her overall design. It's even made me realize that John and Genpaku are Mana's Omega and Xero; Gen being Omega and John Xero.

Let's not also forget about Diablo Swing Orchestra. This band is among one of the strongest influences I've had on Mana. Their music, their vibe, the lyrics; everything this group produces can really help you find an inner sense of Mana like no other. There is something about this band that just really ties me, induces me and ultimately drives me to post/work on Mana. As, anytime I pop on their tracks, I can a mojo drive going for Mana at nearly anytime. At least, if I have enough general muse energy to bother with role playing.

Lastly, the final influence on Mana is probably myself. Ultimately, these things give me motivation, something to look off of and mojo; but it's up to me to my own twist on it, come up with original ideas, craft the character, make the pwoers and everything else that boils down to making a good character.

So, with that said, you got any influences on your characters? I'll be sure to get into my other main characters like Shadin, Radioactive, Zin and so on; but at the moment, I really don't feel like getting into them until I've worked a bit more on Mana's profile this week and doing more things with her and her character.

Last edited by [THEFROST] on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character Influences? WVMWLOu
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Character Influences? Left_bar_bleue7380/100Character Influences? Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Character Influences? Empty Re: Character Influences?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm
Character Influences? 573590

Character Influence: Tsubine Zanifir von Zarkonheinz

Where do I begin? In his initial phases, he was close to Kenpachi in personality. After that, it was Byakuya. Then Yuna's site shut down. On US1, Tsubine's personality began to solidify. He was originally a nihilistic character, loving few people and things. Then, Tsubine was in his first pairing, where he realized that hey, he COULD love someone. Then US2 came along and Tsubine was more of the duty type. This was based off of Byakuya, but also Gendou Ikari. It was after US2 that the Tsubine most people came to know appeared. It was about halfway through my third month of time on here that I learned of Mitsunari Ishida. I looked up more about him and fell in love with him. Thanks to Chaoz fucking up, I was able to get Mitsunari as a Faceclaim.

Now, how did Mitsunari influence Tsubine? Well, Mitsunari has a brooding, vengeful personality. Tsubine's personality is now a lot like that, but he also had influences from Saber from Fate/Stay Night, Saber from Fate/Prototype, Diarmuid ua Duibne from Fate/Zero (all of them were for the Chivalry part), and Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai (for his silent and to the point part) for his personality. However! Mitsunari was the main basis for his personality. However, Tsubine also has another influence few would know. Akane Takeda from Hanachirasu. This comes in the part that he is not afraid to use others if necessary and that he takes all of his sword fights seriously.

As for fighting style, Tsubine is based on Ryougi Shiki, Mitsunari Ishida, and Uesugi Kenshin. I gave him the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception because of his overall style: it's close. It's fast. It's aimed to kill. Tsubine's main fighting style is Iaijutsu, but it is Iaijutsu enhanced to the point to where he is known as the best swordsman here. However, the enhancement is just his skill to where it is superhuman. However, Tsubine has solidified slashes, much like Kenshin's blades in Sengoku Basara 3 UTAGE. Tsubine's influence from myself comes from his view of where he is. He doesn't care, as long as it doesn't affect him. Nothing he does he does on a whim, there has to be some benefit.

Tsubine's Character List
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Character Influences? Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Character Influences? Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 pm
Colin Washi

Octaroon Rangoon, Volume Five

Colin's had a lot of influences since his initial creation. Hell, he's my most well developed character; going from 2-3 to freaking 0-2 since I made him over a year ago. He doesn't have a lot of sites in his past; but I'm PH born and bred, and I think that's important to me. Anyway, his original influences were my best friend, from where I got his idea and his personality, as well as his past. Did you know that when he was alive, Colin Washi was deathly afraid of heights?

Anyway, all that aside, I also had another huge influence on Colin's character. Not at first, but after I created his bankai I began to realize who I was influenced by when I made him. It's Byakuya Kuchiki. Maybe a hell of a lot slower, but I always liked Byakuya, as he is perhaps the one character in Bleach that I actually look up to (Possibly Ukitake as a second). He's an older brother, but more than that, he uses his weapon in a special way. I reproduced that subconsciously with Colin's bankai; except it was a whole lot slower and clunkier than Byakuya's.

Again, this was not on purpose; I wasn't even intending on making him like Byakuya but I began to realize what I was doing as I went along. Mysterious Sleeper, the theme from Penguin Overlords 2, was my first inspiration music when it came with Colin. I built him to be a fighter; and he truly was. He was defined by his hate of waste and his love of fish; ironic due to the fact I hate to eat fish. I'll be completely honest; Colin's personality is crap. It's still like 10 sentences in his application. If you want to see how much better of a role player I've gotten, simply scroll down his app. Just do it some time. Seriously. A lot of the time I'd make his personality however I would react to the situation... It made me, who knew so little about the personality of a character, able to RP properly.

Then we enter the Indestructible Era. This was the time when he was still losing every single one of his fights. Colin was beaten to a bloody mess three times. Once by Akuma (Gin, lord Colin was freaking used as a meatshield), once by Zane (Theoretically anyway), and once by Stefan. Ow. Anyway, during this time he also began to finally win fights. This gave me a ton of inspiration and helped me think of ways to help Colin win his fights.

Well after having the crap beaten out of him constantly and a few genuine wins under his belt (not to mention a battle with an Ichigo clone),Colin became the Co-head of the Vizard Corps. When this happened I began to realize just what I was doing with Colin; I had faith in my character. My Generation was definitely what inspired him for a long time there; both when he was interacting with Pierro and when the Vizard War happened.

Then we get to what I regard as Colin's most golden age yet, His World. This song... I broke ten k on this song. This is when Colin started getting to be more professional and less goofing off and fighting anyone who wanted to (Go wastelands!). Tis also the era where he gained the love of his life, Marama, and with it began to become much more responsible of a person, with dealing with his (newly found) nephew and dreaming of green mustaches.

Then we get the Blood Teller Era. This was the song that came along with Colin's true look, that of Krad. I wanted to use Dark, and later would use him, but Faylan (blood teller)and the image of Krad greatly inspired what next happened with Colin. This was what inspired me to make Rapido Avaces, and what has helped Colin rise even higher into the sky. And into fighting an army of hollows. In the Seireitei. In a casual thread. With Iramashas. And magic girls wielding baseball bats. Good times.

Finally, we have the Undead And City Era. The constant, pounding beat inspired me to improve my ability to use Colin's skills and abilities. This current era is another brilliant one of Colin's; taking him from 0-3+ to 0-2 in battle power and bringing him to where he is as the main character of the Roleplayer and Head... Jan? Mod? Whatever, JJ the Neko.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Character Influences? Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Character Influences? Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:28 am

«MOVING THIS TO ARCHIVES»

Alright, since I'm deeming this thread a bit outdated and there has been no activity in it, I'm gonna go ahead and archive it for now. If there is an issue, please post in the thread.

Character Influences? WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum