Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty Re: If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako)

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:05 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Hanako hesitated just for a moment as she thought about where to go. Then she remembered a nice and quiet place. It was part of an area close by that belonged to the 1st Division compound, which was mainly used for training. But there was a part that was mainly used for relaxation, with some hedges and trees that could shield from sight, and enough corners there that would allow a private conversation.

She nodded to Ulv and lead the way. It wasn't far away and they we're in luck: there was only one group training, on the far end of the area. Hanako led Ulv through some Bushed onto a small clearing. The grass there was kept short and a few trees that stood around the clearing formed a natural canopy with their branches. The roots of the trees looked almost polished in some spots, a sign that this clearing was regularly used.

With a silent sigh Hanako seated herself on the ground and looked towards Ulv. Some strands of her dark-red hair had fallen into her face and she spoke from behind them, when she licked the conversation up again.

"Improving my skills is not what I mean, although I wouldn't pass up on a chance to do so. It is more that it feels like there has to be more. I…"

She stopped herself when she realized she had no idea how to finish that sentence. She looked down.

"I have...forgotten...a lot. When I said I know only what they taught at the academy, I meant it. I don't know if I have the right perspective of things, what real strength could be. I don't even know how I can grow as a person. No wisdom, no experience to guide me. Nothing from "real life", that is, from outside the textbooks and classes."

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty Re: If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako)

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:35 pm

ULV AUBER| WHITE MASK BUDDHA

"Is life really so immutably perfect that it will absolutely grant you insight into everything you want? That you put so much stock in it you can't look to the future? There is no past for you to learn from, so trying is a futile effort. Lamenting it being absent is also futile since it isn't coming back. I know that for a fact since I suffered from the exact same issue. Nothing before the academy and a large scar on my forehead showing me exactly why I couldn't remember anything.

Then I exploded and died and got a new body but that is a different story. Your real life is now, right here. Learn from what you are, not what you think you could have been"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:10 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

When Ulv spoke Hanako first wanted to protest. her words almost made it seem like it wasn’t so bad, that she had no past. But Hanako only opened her mouth and nothing came out, after she heard that Ulv was in the same situation as she was. It had always been her impression, that no one could understand her. She never had met anyone that really had lost it all. Again, that ‘never’ only spanned the last years for Hanako.

There were a few moments of silence and quite unintentionally Hanako’s expression became a little like a sulking, little girl. The contrast between her very obviously grown body and the facial expression made it very cute.

“It does sound childish, when you describe it that way, doesn’t it?” she asked quietly.

When she looked up at Ulv again her expression had changed to something halfway between an angry frown and honest curiosity. Hanako didn't know if she should feel threatened, relieved or... something. Confused, she certainly was confused right now.

"So you've been attacked, too? But then you know how it is. Did you never feel the void inside? How can you experience real strength when you feel like a fragile, hollowed out porcelain doll? I do want to move forward, want to make a future for myself and fulfil my duties. But…"

Hanako stopped abruptly, when something came to her mind.

"Wait a second, you said you exploded and got a new body?" Habako asked and, for the first time really, eyed up Ulv’s body. It wasn’t a bad body at all and there was absolutely no clue, that it wasn’t originally hers.

“So you mean your body isn’t really yours? How does that work? Prosthetic, sure, …”
Unconsciously she touched her right arm.
“...but a whole body? Like a gigai?”

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:45 am

"Of course it's childish. You are seven years old. Nobody decries a child for being a child. You died. It's unfortunate, but life goes on. Be who you are, instead of trying to be who you were.As for me, yea...kinda. You see, my problem was less questioning who I was and if I had the right to be a person, and more being terrified the past would suddenly come back one day and supplant me. That everything I had ever done would be erased by the original coming back and taking over.

Never happened of course. But it was a fear. That we got over" Ulv leaned against a nearby tree and grinned at her confusion from her recent life. It was quite interesting to talk about.
"Yep. Ka-frigging-boom. Well, my reiryoku blew up and exploded from me but I stayed intact but helpless. And then I killed myself in a messy fashion saving a friend from killing herself in a messy fashion but that's semantics. I died.

BUT! This body is mine. Took me a while to really establish who I was. I thought I was Mirja for a while but eventually, I managed to establish the fact that I am not the continuation of her. She died, she died gloriously and valiantly and she is getting a Sainthood in Vastime from it. I am Ulv. I am a new person, completely and entirely.

As for the body of it, it's a Homunculus. It was made in a tube by a man who was incredibly intelligent. And just as deranged. Thus, I am about the only person in the worlds to be able to say both my parents died before I was born. It's super complicated but yes, basically a Gigai if it helps"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:42 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

"Easier said than done"

Hanako had intended these words to sound defying. But the part of herself that usually pushed back, when it felt pressure, especially against her weak spot, found itself sitting by and listening attentively, thereby forgetting to act according to it's usual pattern. Instead the words sounded thoughtful and just a little lost.

Yes, there was a part of Hanako that began to believe the words that Ulv said. First she was fascinated that Ulv really seemed to know the dilemma. That she was the first person ever who had experienced the same. The it began to change into something like...like trust. Hanako started to believe that Ulv meant what she said. Probably because, without admitting it to herself, Ulv was one of the few individuals Hanako truly looked up to. As inspiration, as role model, strong and confident...and almost kicking that one Captain's butt certainly helped a lot. That was where Hanako wanted to get to. Probably without the Captain's-butt-kicking part, but no promises there.

But then on the other hand, no one could shake a lifetime, even if it was only seven years, of frustration, uncertainness and doubt in one afternoon.

Hanako laid back, her hands behind her head, and looked up into the sky.

"So, you literally are a new you? I can hardly imagine how to cope with something like that. How'd you get over your...fears?"

Maybe it was that what she meant by getting strong: overcoming your inner fears. And maybe that's why she sought out individuals like Ulv, to learn from someone with an experience she still lacked.
Without Hanako wanting it she became just a little bit drowsy. The grass beneath her, the sky over her, a slight breeze touching her skin.

"You know, I'm kind of a cyborg, but my body is still the original, as far as I know. Just left a few parts behind. But you got a whole new body. That's...can't imagine. But it's a great body."

It wasn't intended and Hanako didn't realise it at that moment, but it had sounded quite flirty.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 am

"But everything is impossible without the will to start" Ulv replied. The warm air swirling from her, the gentle demure dress and demeanour, and the soft pride as if Hanako was her baby just about to stand for the first time. She exuded the incomparable sense of a Mother. While Hanako wouldn't be able to remember it with her head, she would with her heart, and it is there that Ulv appealed too.

"Literally a new me. Mirja was cute but I like this one. It is a great body, yea. It's got a lot of tricks as well. Like this one" Ulv would then rip off one of her fingers and with a flash of power, disintegrate it. And then regrew the bone from her missing finger. Unlike the expectation, the bone was an amber colour and softly glowing with light.
"I did a thing and now my bones are solid reiryoku. It is really cool~" she exclaimed, getting a bit too invigorated and forgetting how terrifying it would be to see someone rip their own finger off.

"As for getting over my fears, ehh...I don't advise the route I took. In which a horrible death is the least of your concerns. Instead, you just need to look to the future, not the past. Start here, and now. I always like new students, and I can give you something to focus on and practice so your head is here, not there"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:40 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako sat bolt upright when Ulv just snapped her finger of and grew a new one.

"Thats a hell of a trick." Hanako said, not without a good deal of worry in her voice.
"Ulv, you just ripped off one of your fingers and regrew it. That is disturbing on so many levels."

She watched the new finger. Ulv could regrow lost limbs. Now that was sonething you definitely didn't see often. Hana had to admit it really was a little bit cool. But mostly disturbing.

When the effect of this truly unexpected surprise faded away Hana settled back down into the grass. This woman there became stranger and more fascinating by the minute. At least the drowsiness was gone for now.

"Getting my head away from the past...that is a trick I'd like to see. I've been trying that for years."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:01 pm

"Ahh. Sorry. Forgot...about, normal...people" She muttered, looking at her finger. None-skeletal regeneration was slower than normal and she'd need a blast of hollow reiatsu to get it back - not that she needed the flesh and blood to move it - which wouldn't go over so well. So she just left it and instead took off her shoe.

"I have a power called Earth-Grasping Step. At it's core, it's a Shunpo-like technique, but I have broadened the scope considerably. The core of the technique is the kickoff and landing. The kick off is easy enough, but the important part of all this is the landing. You want to kick off with your toes, and land with the arch of your foot"

Ulv pointed out the specific parts of the body as she spoke about them, for visual reference.
"When you are coming in for landing, the arch of your foot wants to hit firmly on the ground, and you use your toes to converge the vectors. Basically curling them precisely as you land so the forces move properly. This allows you to not go ass over tit when you you are landing from high speed movement. Master the vector controlling of the take off and landing, then reverse it, and you'll be channelling forces far beyond your muscular capabilities. But that's a more advanced use of it"

"But, problems. It's quite involved, you need to keep your head to use it. You need solid ground to manipulate the vectors, and you've got to be careful how much you are channeling. If you pull too much out of it you'll shatter your leg. Or the ground, and neither of those outcomes are helpful at all. This Earth-Grasping Step is the thing you want to look to. It is the future, to get you out of the past"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:01 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

One remark came to Hanako's mind.

"Normal people...what are normal people?" She asked with a crooked grin. It was a rare pleasure to see a smile or even grin on Hanako's face, but in this instant she felt like it. Because, especially when you looked at Shinigami, all these souls with different powers in all kind of shades and flavours, it was kind of hard to draw a baseline what was normal. Maybe it actually was Hanako. She had no special power and no Zanpakuto with a name.

When Ulv explained her Earth-Grasping Step, Haba listened attentively. When she thought about how far and fast a Shunpo master could travel in a single step, it was hard to imagine that one could improve upon this technique.

"A better Shunpo, then? Shouldn't I get better at Shunpo first, before I learn a bee technique? Especially if I can potentially shatter my legs with it. Or can I supplement my Shunpo with it, rather than replace?"

In this, like in all techniques, she needed a lot of practice. But it really seemed like Ulv wanted to help. Thinking of the rocky start they had Hana felt a sudden urge.

"Uhm, Ulv...thank you."

It was said hastily and Hana turned away quickly so that Ulv wouldn't see that little blush, but it was sincere nonetheless. Curious how hard such simple phrases could be.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:15 am

"People that don't take self-mutilation in their stride, I guess. I've been hanging with people that don't really get phased when you pull out a giant seven foot wolf and use it as shade. So my understanding of people that aren't of that level of mentality is lax these days"

Ulv would then listen and hear her call it a better Shunpo. To which she shook her head and decided to clarify.
"No, it is a Shunpo-like technique. In the vein that it is high speed movement that might seem instantaneous to some. It has nothing to do with actual Shunpo, skill in this won't help skill in that. Nor will that in this. And it's no big deal, I just like to help people is all"

Ulv seemed to miss the blush. Or just not give it any thought. Either way was possible with her.

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum